[F01-PP] remnants of a world lost

If Crux had to comment, he’d admit that mania must run in his family. His father was his modus operandi in showcase and example that being stuck in a world long enough with warfare, destruction, and the possibility of death all being on the table that some day, the answer would be why the hell not. The brain rot sat in his mind for months at this point with the frontlines pushing through the twenties at a steady pace but not quick enough to feel like they had a sturdy enough group of people to make it out of this hell game alive.

It’s why he sat in this first floor cafe for months ; it’s how he began to have this rapport with the honor. His feral black cat of an attitude was much to deal with but somehow, it seemed as though perhaps they were/could be friends, Crux had never been good at gauging. Cup of warm coffee in his hand, the teenager watched the plumes of heat escape the cup as he let his hands enjoy the exuding heat while other customers entered, ordered, and left while he gathered the courage to finally speak this thought into existence.

Once the room cleared a bit for chatter to start, Crux let out a heavy sigh. “ Feel free to be honest and say that i’ve gone completely mental but, is it too wild to think of joining the frontlines? ” His gaze quickly attempted to glean and gather the woman's thoughts, her opinion (conscious and hidden) somehow something Crux coveted and sought after. 

@Mishiro

Mx3jxL5b_o.png
CRUX | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 07 | ACC: 03 | LD: 03

Spoiler

// journal  

equipment.

i. wildcat's grace / claw weapon - dmg iii [ e ]
ii. dioscuri / earrings  - accuracy iii [ e ]
iii. crystal / trinket - loot die iii [ e ]
iv. empty 

battle-ready inventory.

i. starter healing potions - heals fifty hp [ 3 ]

skills.

i. weapon mastery: claw [ rank 01 ]

sword art.

i. [x4] ST-I (4 EN) A single-target sword art
ii. [x3] AOE-I (1 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
iii. [x4] TECH-A (5 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

/ edited to include player stats

Edited by Crux
  • 3 weeks later...

Another day drew to a close.

As the sun crept beneath the horizon, the pendants above the bar and tables automatically switched on, a warm yellow tone illuminating the cafe's interior in place of the natural light that flooded in through its wide glass windows during the day. [DELILAH] always closed at sundown. A number of its patrons were beginning to leave their seats, wrapping up murmured conversations or the things they had brought with them. Watching the flow of people in her peripherals as she went from table to table gathering up empty plates and glasses, she noticed a customer remained unmoving at the bar, his hands curled around a still-warm cup.

This one was familiar to her, in the same way that she knew by name every visitor that approached her seeking conversation. She could tell for the most part the look of a person who had something to say, so upon finishing her rounds, she unloaded the dishes on the sink for later and deliberately placed herself opposite Crux. Beneath a short overhanging ledge on the counter, she discreetly unfolded her accounts book.

His opening gave her pause, although Mishiro only appeared to click her pen shut and think for a moment. Delilah's proprietor, the original one, was kind but blankly inscrutable, appearing to exist in a reality entirely divorced from everyone else's. What must have gone through the boy's head, to even consider the thoughts of a woman so far removed?

"It's not an uncommon ambition but many lack the grit to actually follow through with it," she gently said. "And I cannot blame them."

That he seemed to hold prejudice over his own thoughts was something she wanted to inquire into. Did the idle folk think so differently of the frontlines nowadays? But another thing must hold priority. He wouldn't have asked without a purpose in mind. "What makes you consider it this late into the game?"

official_8.png
Лишь дай мне посмотреть в последний раз
В твои глаза
Я солнцем обернусь, и в них
Останусь навсегда

Spoiler

LEVEL 17.