[PP-F2] Random Encounter (Setsuko)

Rebekah sat there listening to Setsuko's story. At first, she was relieved to hear the worlds, it was not in Sword Art Online, since they needed every help clearing the floors that they can get. However, when she heard it was actually her dad, her mood completely changed. "If he killed himself, then how is it your fault?" she asked, not able to join different parts of the story together.

Rebekah felt bad for her since it must be difficult to live, when it is because of them that something happened. However, there had to be a way for her not to feel so guilt-ridden about the situation.

Setsuko chuckled at the girl's apparent lack of understanding. I suppose I can't expect you to understand without telling you the entire story, can I? It was like telling a tale without speaking of the journey at all. With that thought in mind, she took a deep breath before she began to speak once again. Hopefully you understand me afterwards.

"He had lost his job and was left penniless. He blamed me for it. Not once did he ever save money, he simply used it all to spoil me, because I asked him to." For whatever reason, Setsuko seemed to be smiling as she shook uncontrollably. Her hands clenched around her tight leggings; her entire body was vibrating. A tear appeared to be forming, but she exhaled and it stopped. I'm not going to cry, not today.

Rebekah had understood what she had meant about it, she knew about how that felt, she was the only girl in her family, and she was the favourite. Personally, she just wanted to be normal, and not spoiled, but she was often spoiled herself. "But, it cannot be completely your fault, can it? It was his decision to continue spoiling you. she asked.

She looked at Setsuko, if she does plan to let the emotions out, instead of bottling up inside of her, she would be there to help her.

Setsuko was unsure of how to respond to Rebekah's question. You're not wrong, but you're also not completely right. Once again, there was a moment of silence as Setsuko pondered her response. Her fingers had began to tap the rocky surface she sat upon once again, revealing a bit of discomfort; peering into her past wasn't a task she did daily. Setsuko constantly did her best to avoid that sort of thought, but now she found herself immersed in it.

"Depends on how you look at it." Setsuko finally broke the silence. "He could have been referring to the fact that if I hadn't been born, he might have been fine. That sure doesn't help my emotions, though."

Rebekah knew that if they continue, the conversation would get a lot more difficult for Setsuko, but it may be one of the ways to let it all out, and move on with life. The things in the past were already completed and there was no point looking that far back mulling over it. She thought about it, the best thing she could think of was to let her release all that, and move on, if she could.

"But that is a terrible thing to say, if you haven't been born." she replied.

For some strange reason, a smile occupied Setsuko's face as her eyes closed to a shut. "Perhaps it is terrible, but that doesn't change the fact that my father might have been entirely correct. He was a genius; the smartest man I've ever met, and was rarely wrong about anything. No matter how hard I try, I can't feel like he wasn't wrong about what he said that night, even if he was drunk." That was probably the most Setsuko had said in their current conversation at one time. Her voice remained calm, but there was a certain sadness that finally managed to weave its way into her words.

There has to be a point in every deep conversation, where one has to start to leg go of the past from haunting them throughout life, and look forward to move on. Rebekah wondered if it is that time yet. "No matter how smart someone can be, we will never know really know if someone was hiding their emotions, or struggled to cope with internal issues. Regardless, if it is partially your fault, he choose to end his life, instead of struggling to live on" she replied. She knew that she had to get Setsuko to stop thinking it was completely her fault.

Setsuko sat there, listening to what Rebekah had to say. She wasn't wrong, but she wasn't exactly sure she would call Rebekah correct. Regardless, Setsuko, for the first time in a long time, whispered: "Thank you," though she wasn't sure if Rebekah heard her or not. Her foot had began anxiously swinging once again, and her breathing, although relatively stable, did seem to be a little more erratic.

"Do you think if I jumped into that water I'd die?" Setsuko asked, referring to the pool the waterfall was pouring into.

As much as she knew that she would be partially correct, the main point was to get Setsuko to stop blaming herself. She had heard her answer, and thought about it. She was not excited to know where the conversation was headed, but regardless, she replied, "Well, depends how lucky they are" she said. She looked down, it did not seem that deep, but she did not want to encourage her to give it a try. There are a lot of factors involve, including how deep the pool is at the bottom.

However, she was grateful to hear the words thank you slip out of her mouth. She knew that for some people it would be hard to tell their story, but letting it all out always helps. At least Setsuko was no longer feeling suicidial anymore, and now was the best time for her to slip out, to leave this beautiful waterfall. If she was to jump, then it meant that her talk had failed, but otherwise there was nothing else she could do for this girl.