[PP-F2] Training Intermission

"No worries," Morningstar shrugged, following Wulfrin's act with a punch of his own. A rock flicked off the boulder, nearly hitting him in the eye.

"Always need more crafters, I think. Raids can be costly and there's only so many players who can afford to support the frontlines' needs. And then there's people like you, fresh out of the Town of Beginnings and in need of gear. I can toss a unique in the direction of a frontliner, but I'm not much help when it comes to low tier items. Smiths are valuable."

Stretching out his wrists, he moved out of Wulfrin's way.

"I like twenty-two. It's a nice reminder that not everything in the world is out to kill you," he laughed. "My shops set up on floor eight but, to be honest, I spend more time at home than I do there. I live on twenty-four. On the edge of Raitoborou Bay, if you've heard of it.

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219609 | BD: 6+4+2 = 12 (hit) | CD: 6 no additional | LD: 18 no additional | DMG: 5
Free Action: None

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 107/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 28/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 44/75 | EVA: -2 (49-5)

Edited by Morningstar

"Heard of it? Yes. Been there? Not yet." Wulfrin replied. "But it is on the list." Wulfrin cracked his fist against the boulder once more, this time he struck true. The crack expanded more and more, the visible damage finally starting to show. "Shouldn't be too long before this thing shatters." Wulfrin said as he took a step back, clearing a way for Morningstar. "Honestly it will take a lot to get me to go somewhere other than near Coral. It's kinda nostalgic. I just wish I had more people around my skill level. This game is designed to be tackled by parties of players, but I'm basically flying solo unless I find a higher level player just wandering around the lower floors." Wulfrin turned to watch his companion's attempt. "Not that Freyd, Nari, and yourself haven't been excellent sports about it mind you. I guess my main motivation is just getting to hang around more people."

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219610 | BD: 7+3+2 = 12 (hit) | CD: 11 no additional | LD: 6 no additional | DMG: 7

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 107/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 27/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 37/75 | EVA: -2 (44-7)

Edited by Wulfrin

His next punch was a bit too gentle. This time, the boulder didn't budge. He didn't mention it, his mind already wandering elsewhere. "Oh, you know Freyd and Nari? They're good people, great additions to the friends list."

"I get what you mean, though. Even for me, it's hard to find people of equal level. I guess it stops mattering, eventually. There aren't enough frontline-level players for people to be picky about who they invite to things. Even if you're twenty or thirty levels down, you'll surely have the chance to throw yourself into some fights that probably aren't intended for you. I fought in the last raid and I think I held my own; but it's hard to tell sometimes whether you're being carried or actually contributing. I try not to worry about it."

Star looked up at a flock of birds that passed overhead. "Finding a party and sticking with them until the end is probably the goal for most of us. Of course, that's easier said than done but I'm hopeful for you."

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219611 | BD: 1 (crit miss) | CD: 3 no additional | LD: 16 no additional | DMG: 0

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 105/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 26/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 37/75 | EVA: -2 (37-0)

Edited by Morningstar

"Right now," Wulfrin said as he stepped up to the boulder. "I'm just glad I'm still even getting to experience this place. It's odd honestly. I have to remind myself that this isn't my life, that it all has to end." Wulfrin took his stance and prepared to strike. "It's weird I almost feel like I belong here more than the real world. It's like some kind of advanced Stockholm syndrome, but if you look past the whole death game aspect, it's actually a pretty decent experience." Wulfrin reared his fist back and struck the boulder. The collision was solid and continued to chip away at the boulder's hp"Either way, I want to help out as best I can. I've heard the frontline has been dwindling, but it's also uncharted territory. It will be w whole new ball game when I'm getting info at the same time as my fellow players." Wulfrin stepped back to allow for Star to make their next strike. The boulder's HP was dropping steadily, only a few more hits and it would crumble.

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219682 | BD: 6+3+2=11 (hit) | CD: 9 no additional | LD: 5 no additional | DMG: 7

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 105/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 25/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 30/75 | EVA: -2 (37-7)

Edited by Wulfrin

Morningstar nodded, following with a punch of his own. Unlike his previous attempt, his fist hit it firmly. It was his best one yet. Satisfied, he stepped back.

"Yeah, from what I can remember, it was difficult putting together teams for the previous raid fight. The roles were awkward to fill and some people had to respec into tanks just to even it out. I haven't heard anything about the labyrinth on twenty-eight yet. I imagine someone's already taken it upon themselves to take a peek, but they aren't so easy that you can just wander in and clear them. They take time and preparation."

He crossed his arms and smiled. "In the mean time, all we can do is work hard and try to catch up. "

Morningstar looked around at the mountain scenery. Surrounding the dojo, there were trees, bushes, and plants covering much of the rocky terrain. They served their purpose well; the environment wasn't the slightest bit stressful. He felt relaxed, even whilst pummeling a boulder.

"You know what this place is missing? Magic. Isn't it weird that it wasn't included?" Morningstar asked, unintentionally changing the subject.

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219683 | BD: 10 (crit+2) | CD: 10 no additional | LD: 19 no additional | DMG: 7

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 104/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 24/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 23/75 | EVA: -2 (30-7)

Edited by Morningstar

"I don't think it's weird," Wulfrin replied. "I actually think it would have changed the entirety of the gameplay style." Wulfrin reared back and cracked the boulder again with a rapid and forceful punch. "For the most part Sword Art Online is based largely on legends from the past. Think average guys like you and I with no special abilities and then we are plucked form our regular lives and forced to undertake some big time, world defining quest. They are forced to learn and adapt to their new situation. Throwing magic in would have thrown off that field." Wulfrin backed away from the boulder. The crack had spiderwebbed to almost cover the entirety of the boulder. "I find it more weird  that there aren't really any ranged attack options like bows. They would have been easier to balance than magic, but add a ton more variety to the encounters." Wulfrin looked at his companion and gave a smile. "Sorry if that was too much. I was studying Game Design before getting trapped in here, so I've been subconsciously analyzing the hell out of this game."

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219689 | BD: 8+3+2=13  | CD: 3 no additional | LD: 4 no additional | DMG: 7

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 104/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 24/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 16/75 | EVA: -2 (23-7)

Edited by Wulfrin

"No, those are fair points. I think I just want magic that lets me fly," he admitted, shrugging back his shoulder as he cocked another punch. Rock crumbled to the ground as the boulder began to split. One more punch would do the trick.

"Ranged weapons would be quite fun, I think. I've never shot a bow before. It might be a little bit scary getting stuck in a dungeon with four skeleton archers, but that's what teleport crystals are for," he chuckled. "The game's not totally missing ranged mobs, though. Some dragons still breathe fire, and something threw a big rock at me the other day. My theory is that it's more fun for the developers to watch us flail around with swords while the enemies get to do whatever they want. I get it, to be honest. It's like one of those old Japanese gameshows. At least the food is good, though."

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219692 | BD: 4+4+2=10  | CD: 12 (5 additional) | LD: 16 no additional | DMG: 5+5=10

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 103/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 23/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 6/75 | EVA: -2 (16-10)

Edited by Morningstar

"Can't argue with the food comment," Wulfrin agreed. "Players have found many ways to manipulate the system to create wonderful dishes. The NPC made ones are alright attempts though. Too bad our actual body is probably hooked up to some bag in a hospital." Wulfrin reared back and struck the boulder. At last the damage seemed to cross the threshold as the boulder split into many different pieces. "Well we really rocked that challenge." Wulfrin silently cursed himself for saying the incredibly cringy line out loud.

“You have harnessed your inner strength and learned to channel it outward, proving your worth.  I am proud to call you my students.” Master Yunxiang congratulated the duo. For an old monk he sure seemed to materialize out of nowhere. The monk followed up with a bow, which Wulfrin reciprocated. "Please come with me into the dojo. Rest and have some tea with me before you depart." 

"Speaking of refreshments," Wulfrin's ears had perked up at the offer for rest. "I say we take him up on his offer." Wulfrin navigated through his menu and sent a friend request to Morningstar. "Best I do that before I forget."

Spoiler

Post Action: Basic Unarmed Attack vs Boulder | ID: 219738 | BD: 4+3+2=9  | CD: 4 no additional | LD: 17 no additional | DMG: 7

Morningstar | HP: 720/720 | EN: 103/110 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 20 | EVA: 4 | ACC: 4 | BH: 39 | LD: 5 | REC: 4
Wulfrin | HP: 140/140 | EN: 22/32 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 20 | LD: 5 | REC: 1

Boulder | HP: 0/75 | EVA: -2 (6-7)

Edited by Wulfrin

Thread Closing:

Morningstar receives:

2,261 EXP (Word Count [5603/10*5*0.7] + Quest [300])
539 col (1 page [200] + 15% P5 Reward [339])
Access to <<Martial Arts>> Skill
Access to <<TECH-F>> collected sword art

Wulfrin receives:

692 EXP (Word Count [5603/10*1*0.7] + Quest [300])
200 col (1 page [200])
Access to <<Martial Arts>> Skill
Access to <<TECH-F>> collected sword art