[PP - F01] Let's Get Down To Business | <<The Second Lesson>>

Ciela realized her first lesson had finally cleared in the system. She looked over at Wulfrin, who was still graciously assisting and guiding her through her first few quests.

In between which he took her to floor 22 to his blacksmith shop where in his words he planned to, keep her kitted. He definitely kept his word, so far he'd supplied her with a sword, a shield, and armor. He had also guided her on what sword skills she should pick up as she levelled up. She followed his suggestions pretty closely as she would not have had a clue without them.

She snapped back to reality and smiled, "My first lesson seems to have finally cleared in the system. Where was Lyle's again? I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off today with all the places we've gone." She scratched her head looking around for the blacksmith shop in Tolbana. She swore Wulfrin pointed it out at some point during their exploration of floor one. Her memory failed her once again. She chalks it up to being overwhelmed from everything she'd learned throughout the day. She looked to Wulfrin to guide her once more.

Spoiler

Stats and Equipment:

Stats:

Level 3 | HP: 60/60 | EN: 24/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18                             

Equipment:

• Blighted Fang | [Fusion ID #219398b] | TIER 1 PERFECT STRAIGHT SWORD | DMG, KEEN, BLIGHT [desc.]: A longsword crafted from metal coated in the sap of a blighted maple tree. Its necromantic properties leave lasting wounds that are hard to recover from
  • Thornforged Plate Armor | Fusion ID: 220245 | MIT 2 | Thorns 1
    Just as every rose has its thorns, this suit of armor embodies the dual nature of protection and peril. Its intricate design, reminiscent of the intertwining vines of a rose bush, offers unparalleled defense on the battlefield while serving as a poignant reminder of the adversities faced in life's journey. On the right pauldron is a phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight, the sigil of Sentinel Armaments.
  • T1 Shield | Thornforged Shield | Fusion ID: 220400 | MIT 1 | Thorns 1 | Rec 1
    Just as every rose has its thorns, this shield embodies the dual nature of protection and peril. Its intricate design, reminiscent of the intertwining vines of a rose bush, offers unparalleled defense on the battlefield while serving as a poignant reminder of the adversities faced in life's journey. On the front face is a small phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight, the sigil of Sentinel Armaments. The phoenix is at the center of a large rose bloom that makes up the prominent feature of the shield's front.

Battle-Ready Inventory:

• (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
  • (1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of maximum HP.
  • (1) Teleport Crystal

"Hey don't fret," Wulfrin reassured the new player. "You've come a long way in these last few hours. This next one is all you though, time to get some combat practice in." Wulfrin gestured for Ciela to follow.

Wulfrin guided the duo towards Lyle's shop. The musty air was filled with heat and soot from the old man's constant pounding. Lyle didn't even acknowledge their arrival, a stark contrast to how Wulfrin ran his own smithy on Floor 22. As always, his demeanor was short and not at all pleasant. It was the exact opposite of the interaction with Zackariah. Tealeaf's shop was filled with the rhythmic clanging of steel, masking the hushed conversation to follow.

"I'm going to warn you now," Wulfrin said, trying to keep his voice level bellow the ringing of steel. "Lyle can be a bit of a dick. Don't take it personal. He'll want you to take out some wolves, but before that we are going to get you acquainted with the sword. You just have to talk to him to initiate the quest. I'll be over here if you need me."

Spoiler

Stats:
Wulfrin | Level 15 | HP 300/300 | EN 48/48 | DMG 15 | MIT 44 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Equipment:
Dioscuri | TIER 1 JEWELRY | ACC III | ID:  #210452-5
[desc.]: a pair of ear cuffs fashioned from precious stone.

Hunter's Coat | T2 Perfect Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 1
Fusion ID 219737
A leather coat with attached armored plates at the shoulders and forearms. It's design offers plenty of protection while sacrificing very little of the wearer's mobility.

Thunder Fang | Fusion ID: 219823 | DMG 1 | Bleed 1 | Paralyze 1
This longsword was crafted using a unique style of Damascus Steel. The pattern resembles arcs of lightning bolts moving up the flat of the blade towards the point. Just as it tears through it's targets, its properties sometimes also leaves the target paralyzed. Just above where the blade meets the ornate hilt is a phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight. The firebird also acts as the origin for the bolts that spiderweb outward towards the blade's edge.

Battle ready Inventory:
3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 hp each)
6 T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
2 Teleportation Crystals
Protein Pancakes | [ID #219428a] | TIERLESS RARE MEAL | PROTEIN II
[desc.]: They're a little dry but they do the trick.
Terra Firma Scale (equivalent to T3 MIT 1)

Posted (edited)

She sighed a breath of relief. "At least I'm not stagnant in my progress." Wulfrin guided them towards Lyle's shop. As the pair entered the shop, Wulfrin spoke almost at a whisper. Ciela whispered back, not fully thinking before she spoke, "I've dealt with a lot of those in real life." Realizing what she said she immediately blushed and backpedaled. "Wait, wait I didn't mean it like that. I meant like there's been a lot of people that were dicks in my life." She thought for a moment and realized even that statement could be taken wrong. She thought carefully about how to phrase what she was about to say, then she spoke softly and slowly articulating each word carefully as to not continue with her constant problem of word vomit. "There have been many many people in my life that have been jerks, I'm quite used to it. It's why I have such a nice demeanor, you never know what someone is going through and they might someone with a smile on their face and a happy attitude." She exhaled as she finally got across what she was trying to say. She hoped even that wouldn't get misconstrued. As she took a big breath in, she inhaled some of the soot and let out a sneeze. 

Her sneeze seemed to echo throughout the shop, notifying the blacksmith currently pounding steel that the duo was there. She smiled and awkwardly waved at him, "Hi Lyle!" He sneers at her, as if her presence was a disturbance to him. She feels the sting in her heart a bit, but continued to keep on the mask. "I'm busy," Lyle states tersely. Ciela keeps up with the happy attitude and began to speak, "Well, I'm actually," she doesn't even get a few words into her sentence before Lyle cuts her off. He waves his hand at her, "I don't do anything without payment. Go kill a couple of those pesky boarlets for me, and bring back their tusks. They're pretty weak, so even you shouldn't have any trouble.  Do that, then I'll hear you out." She gave him a tentative smile and said through gritted teeth, "Of course Lyle, you got it!" 

Without even speaking to her companion, she headed out of the shop. As she exited, she slipped off the mask and wanted to scream. She kept her composure and just breathed in and out for a few moments, assuming her companion would follow shortly after.

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Told ya," Wulfrin chuckled as he placed a hand on Ciela's shoulder. "He's a grouchy old guy. Just don't let it get to you. I think he is designed that way to get people riled up. Come on we're going back out into the fields."

Wulfrin led the duo out to the fields of Floor One not too far outside of Tolbana. He drew his sword and gestured for Ciela to do the same.

"Alright," Wulfrin said as he set up. "We can't exactly spar with each other without a proper duel, unless you want an Orange Cursor, so mimicry will have to do. Your fighting style is going to differ significantly from mine, as you should rely on your armor to absorb the impacts rather than trying to avoid the hits."

Wulfrin did his best to explain how to properly hold and swing the sword without causing too much of a problem. Ciela was getting it somewhat, but it was clear she was either a total novice or very rusty. That was the goal of the second lesson, though so she should be fine.

"We can touch on Sword Arts if you want," Wulfrin said. "But they will drain your energy fast. without energy you wont be doing much of anything." Wulfrin initiated his single target Vertical skill. "This is a skill you have access to, since you use straight swords. The biggest thing to remember is that the system will do the work for you. All you have to do is aim." Wulfrin pointed the tip of his sword towards a boar that had wandered a bit too far from it's herd.

"Here's a good first target," He said nudging Ciela forward. "Try just basic attacks for now. Sword Arts can come later."

Post Action: None
Free Action: None

[0]KnightessCiela HP: 60/60 | EN: 24/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 
HP 300/300 | EN 48/48 | DMG 15 | MIT 44 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Boarlet | HP 5/5 | DMG 3

Posted (edited)

Ciela let out a sigh of relief as she felt Wulfrin's hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry you had to see me lose my composure. I have a bit of a short temper. I used to be better at keeping my anger held back but I guess not talking to people for a very long time made me a little rusty in that department." The duo continued to conversate as they walked toward the staging ground where the Boarlets were. When they finally got to the spot Ciela listened as Wulfrin explained everything to her. 

As Wulfrin spoke, Ciela almost if by muscle memory took a stance she learned when she was sword training in real life. She was poised. Her shield was held up in front of her torso, she treated this as if she weren't wearing armor. Her sword was steady in her hand, her elbow was slightly bent and she held the blade at an angle at which she would be able to get a good strike. She took a deep breath in and went for it. The boarlet not even aware that she was there yet, she lunged for it. She moved gracefully and quickly made an upwards strike with her sword. As she did, the boarlet shattered into a million little fractals and a menu popped up stating she had received a Boar Tusk. 

She ran back to Wulfrin and got really excited. "I did it!!! Your advice worked! I may actually have a chance!" She smiled at her companion. "That was actually kind of easy, you were right. I can't wait to actually use sword skills." She figured rather than chasing after another one that was further away, she'd just wait for one to respawn closer and she could perform a similar attack.

Post Action: Basic Attack Against Boarlet

ID: 220485 | BD: 9 (+1 DMG)| DMG: 6

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 60/60 | EN: 22/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 

Boarlet (DEAD) | HP 0/5 | DMG 3 (5-6)

Boarlet drops Tusk.

Edited by KnightessCiela

"By the look of your strike," Wulfrin commented "You way over killed that boarlet. I'm pretty sure I saw the Blight effect of that sword take hold briefly. The reason it's in that special scabbard is that the blade is actually capable of dealing additional necrotic damage. Essentially it withers the target's HP away for a couple of seconds and lowers their mitigation, meaning they absorb less of your subsequent attacks during the same time. It's a unique enhancement, so you won't be finding anything better for now. Tanks specialize in dealing damage when they are hit and inflicting Damage Over Time Effects, so for now that's probably the best you'll find."

Wulfrin scanned the area around them. He spotted a group not far from them that consisted of only two of the boarlets and one that had three. He pointed both out to Ciela, urging her to continue her pig slaughtering.

"Why don't you try taking on a few at once?" Wulfrin suggested. "I wouldn't suggest more than three just in case you miss an attack, but it would be a good way to test out an AoE skill. Keep in mind that the Keen enhancement will make the next attack easier to aim if you succeed on the previous attack. The buff goes away when combat ends, so your first strike will be exactly like the one you just hit."

Posted (edited)

"It's better to overkill, than to underkill. Underkilling gets you dead in this game if you aren't careful. It seems as if these boarlets are too weak for the fancy sword I got from you." She laughed. She nodded, "I'll be right back." She was feeling confident in her ability to take out the group of two rather than the group of three. As the boarlets notice her walking up to them.

She readied her stance just like last time. As the boarlets began to move slightly closer to her, she began her strike. She once again ran at the boarlets, as she ran she kept her shield propped in front of her, protecting the majority of her body. She gracefully slashed at the first boar watching as it scattered into a million little fractals. Without delay she spun around and slashed at the second boar with gusto, as it also scattered into the wind. She began walking back toward Wulfrin. As she began to put away her sword, she did a little fancy spin with it in her wrist. She was practically giddy, "Man! I've always wanted to do that."

As she rejoined with Wulfrin, she looked to him for guidance. "I've killed 3 Boarlets, now what?"

Post Action: AoE vs Boarlets

ID: 220534 | BD: 8 | DMG: 5*3=15 | Keen Proc
ID: 220535 | BD: 7+1=8 | DMG: 5*3=15 | Keen Proc

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 60/60 | EN: 18/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 

Boarlet 1 (DEAD) | HP 0/5 | DMG 3 (15-5)
Boarlet 2 (DEAD)| HP 0/5 | DMG 3 (15-5)

Boarlet 1 drops Tusk.
Boarlet 2 drops Tusk.

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Did you check the area where the last boarlet fell?" Wulfirn said. "Some times they drop an additional item."

This was a partial lie. Wulfrin knew how the quest worked. It relied on a choice of the player undertaking the quest. When the third Boarlet falls an additional item drops, a small vial of a redish colored liquid. If the player just pockets it, nothing of note happens. If the player examines the item, well let's just say its an eventful experience.

"I do suggest you take your time," Wulfrin said. "Sometimes the random items dropped can be dangerous if handled improperly.  Always do a thorough examination before you pocket items." Wulfrin gestured in the direction of where the boars fell. "The quest can't continue without that item, so take a nice long look for it. It has a limited durability, so if it's gone you may have to kill another boarlet. It's not a problem just means it will be a bit before we head back."

Posted (edited)

Ciela gasped. "I didn't see an extra drop. Maybe it just fell due to how good I killed those boarlets." Ciela calmly and slowly walked back over to the spot where she killed the boarlets, looking carefully through the grass as she did. She caught the glimmer of something a little further away. She walked closer to it. She spotted a vial on the ground, rolling slowly away from her. She managed to grab it, just before it slipped out of her grasp once more. She examined the vial, she noticed how pretty and vibrant the red was. She didn't notice that there was a big boar slowly approaching. It was almost too late when she heard the boar huffing and puffing. She remembered the words of Wulfrin and attempted to let the system do the work. Either the system was working against her or luck just wasn't on her side because she attempted to activate her sword art and lunge at Mama Boar but failed. Seemingly feeling defeated, she waited patiently for her next attack. Making sure to keep a defensive pose as to not get hit. She would not leave any room for error.

Recovery Roll
ID: 220635 | CD: 2 - Fail
KnightessCiela regained 1 energy

Post Action: ST-I attack vs Mama Boar

ID: 220634 | BD: 3 - MISS

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 60/60 | EN: 15/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 

Mama Boar | HP: 60/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Don't lose your footing," Wulfrin said as he stepped closer to the combat that was under way. "If you give her too much of an opening she'll charge."

Wulfrin watched as Mama Boar did just that. As Ciela finished her charge, the angry parent charged. Ciela with her shield raised simply stepped out of the way as Mama ran with full force past her towards Wulfrin who also sidestepped it and kicked a foot out causing the boar to trip and tumble. The mother huffed angrily and prepared to repeat the action.

"See what I mean?" Wulfrin said with a chuckle. "enemies will take advantage of any opening you give them. You can do the same. Strike her down and let's turn in this quest. You are in no danger in this fight, so go all out."

Wulfrin could see the energy gauge of his companion dropping fast. Soon it will come to a battle of attrition, as both parties had roughly the same HP totals, and both mitigation stats. Wulfrin contemplated Freyd's stepping in to help him. Unlike his mentor, Wulfrin had no way to draw the attention to himself. Wulfrin's options were limited, but he was ready to strike should it come to it. Mama Boar was optional, so Wulfrin wasn't truly bound by the system this time.

Recovery Roll: None
Wulfrin has full energy

Post Action: None

ID: 220634 | BD: 3 - MISS

[0]KnightessCiela | HP: 60/60 | EN: 15/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 

Mama Boar's turn

Attack vs KnightessCiela
ID: 220636 | MD 1 (crit miss)

[0]Wulfrin | 

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Even with her last attack missing, she kept focused. She was confident, she wasn't scared. Mama Boar charged at her with the might of well, an angry pissed off mother who just watched her children get obliterated. Hell hath no fury like a Mama Boar scorned. As Mama Boar charged her, she rolled out of the way almost barely getting hit. She turned around as she saw Mama Boar heading for Wulfrin and before she could even say anything he moved aside and put his foot out for her to trip on, and trip she did. "That move was straight out of a cartoon!" Ciela laughed for a moment as Mama Boar tumbled.

She composed herself and realized it was her time to strike. She moved quickly toward her enemy, and with the momentum of her dash she sliced at Mama Boar with might. She stepped back to give the boar room to get up, "What's the matter, Mama Boar? Scared?" She taunted the boar, hoping to irk its ire. "Get up! Give me your best shot! Come on now." She readied her sword and shield, watching for Mama Boar's next attack.

Recovery Roll
ID: 220646 | CD: 11
KnightessCiela regained 2 energy

Post Action: ST-I attack vs Mama Boar

ID: 220647 | BD: 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG: 7*4 (28)

[2]KnightessCiela | HP: 60/60 | EN: 13/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 

Mama Boar | HP: 32/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 0 (-20) ( BLGT 0/2) | EVA: -1 | (60-28) | BLGT -8 (0/2)

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Clean hit," Wulfrin watched with approval. "Another like that and she'll fall in no time."

Ciela must have been relishing in the attack a bit too much, as Mama boar charged in retaliation. Mama Boar headbutted Ciela square in the chest, but remained firm in her stance. Wulfrin cracked a smile. The armor was doing its job. Only a single point of damage went through to Ciela's HP. He silently patted himself on the back applauding his own handy work as Mama Boar reeled in pain. The thors had stuck her good and the blacked veins across her body pulsed from the lingering Blight damage. Mama Boar recoiled from the blow, her hp bar only a red sliver just above her head. She positioned herself to charge again, but Wulfrin knew it was in vein. Even if for some reason Ciela missed her strike, Mama Boar would fall to the blight damage if she missed or thorns if she was able to hit. Either way the battle was pretty much over. How it ended was completely in Ciela's field.

"Now's your chance!" Wulfrin shouted. "Finish her off!"

Recovery Roll: None
Wulfrin is at full energy

Post Action: None

[2]KnightessCiela | HP: 60/60 | EN: 13/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 

Mama Boar | HP: 32/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 0 (-20) ( BLGT 0/2) | EVA: -1 | (60-28) | BLGT -8 (0/2)

Mama Boar's turn

Attack vs KnightessCiela
ID: 220655 | MD 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG 17-20 = 1 minimum Damage to KnightessCiela | Thorns Proc

[2]KnightessCiela | HP: 59/60 | EN: 13/24 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 
[0]Wulfrin | 

Mama Boar | HP: 6/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 0 (-20) ( BLGT 1/2) | EVA: -1 | (32-18(thorns)-8(blight) | BLGT -8 (1/2)

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

She took the blow to the chest that Mama Boar released upon her and into her chest. She barely felt any of the pain but she winced, "Ow, you're definitely gonna pay for that." Seeing that Mama Boar's health was low, she took no time for theatrics. Ciela grabbed onto one of Mama Boars tusks and used it to get on her back. With a quick swipe and slash of her sword, she attacked her enemy. As she did, she watched Mama Boars health bar deplete to nothing and prepared herself for landing. Mama boar dematerialized into fractals as Ciela began her descent. She landed a little rough, but still attempted to be graceful with it.

She put her sword and shield on her back as she ran toward Wulfrin, and she tackled him into a hug. "Thank you for everything! Having someone who believed in me really helped!" She was embarrassed after realizing that she was hugging him, but it felt very comforting, almost like home.

Recovery Roll: 
ID: 220657 | CD: 2
KnightessCiela gains 1 energy

Post Action: Basic Attack vs Mama Boar

ID: 220658  | BD: 10 (+2 DMG) | DMG: 7 (5+2)

[0]Wulfrin | 

Mama Boar (DEAD) | HP0/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 0 (-20) ( BLGT 1/2) | EVA: -1 | (32-18(thorns)-8(blight) | BLGT -8 (1/2) (7-6)

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin watched as Ciela recovered from the blow with poise. Like a true tank she had taken the blow with not even a flinch then retaliated with a strike of her own. She took the boar by the tusks, literally, and leapt onto its back plunging her blade into the boar's hide. The boar shattered into a million tiny fragments of data, leaving Ciela to fall with some degree of grace to the ground. Wulfrin applauded the effort.

"Bravo!" Wulfrin cheered with enthusiasm. "Congrats on beating your fir-"

Wulfrin's celebration was cut short by a full force bear hug. The tackle took him off his feet and landed both of them in the lush grass of the fields. Ciela eventually released her hold and stood up embarrassed. Wulfrin slowly picked himself up and dusted himself off. Luckily the system could read intentions. If there had been any actual violence, Ciela could have earned an Orange Cursor, but a quick glance assured Wulfrin that the line had not been crossed. That would have been a not fun topic to explain.

"Ahem," Wulfrin cleared his throat. There was a hint of a blush to his face that faded quickly, likely from his own pride. "Congrats on beating your first boss. Glad my armor could eat all the damage that boar was throwing around. Not bad for fish armor eh?"

As the pair got up from the hug that was bestowed upon Wulfrin, she felt the heat radiating off of her reddened cheeks and she covered her face so that he couldn't tell. "I-I didn't mean to tackle you to the ground, I just got really excited and all," She continued to mumble and apologize profusely to him. After a moment, she composed herself as she uncovered her face. "Thank you very much for the congratulations. And yes, your fish armor worked great, and it doesn't even smell fishy when out in the sun. I'd say that's a plus and most likely your new slogan." Ciela outstretched her arms as if she were gesturing to the sky, "Sentinel Armaments, we may fish your armor but it isn't fishy!" She giggled and looked over at him, knowing she'd probably get a reaction out of him.

After she had calmed down from joking around Ciela leaned in and whispered to him. "Also did I hear you cheering for me after I got the final blow? Told you that you were a cheerleader." She giggled and smiled at him.

"Not going to happen," Wulfrin replied "If my shop gets a slogan, it will definitely not be about fish. Also don't sweat the tackling, just be careful when you do that out in the fields. Acts like that can lead to Orange Cursors, and those signify players that have committed criminal acts. As for the cheerleading, I guess I did do that a little bit."

Wulfrin placed a hand on her shoulder before taking a more thorough examination of the armor and shield. He went all around the armor inspecting it for dents or breaks. This was the first time he had seen some of his own armor in the field, so he figured it a good opportunity to spot design flaws.

"Armor held up decently well," Wulfrin said pulling back from his investigation. "Didn't seem to hinder your movements much either. All that and it still made it out relatively unscathed. I'll have to take that dent out of the chest piece, but that is an easy fix. Now, do you want to try something with a bit more beef behind it?"

Ciela giggled as Wulfrin admitted to being a little bit of a cheerleader. Her body immediately tensed as Wulfrin put his hand on her shoulder. She felt her face redden and become warm as he inspected her armor. She spoke slowly and clearly as to hide her flustered state, "Yeah it held up great! We can always head back up to your shop after I turn in this quest and we can take the dent out of my armor. It's truly no biggie." She paused for a moment as she followed Wulfrin's movements. "What do you mean more beef?" She was very concerned that Wulfrin was going to throw her into another fight, and this time it would be one that would be a little more difficult. In her head she knew that last one was super easy mainly because of the gear that Wulfrin gave her, had she not had that she would've been boar food.

"If you were up to it," Wulfrin said with a reassuring look. "We could take on a tougher mob. So long as you let me get the first hit in, you should be in no danger. It could be a good way to earn some materials and col. You could also get the chance to pick up some items. If not I'm okay with just heading back to Tolbana and turning in your quest. It's wholly up to you."

Wulfrin started scanning the grasslands. He ran the calculations in his head. Even with her Mitigation as high as it was, the damage would still go well over her HP total. It was a stupid idea, but it was something to wet her teeth. He turned to Ciela who had a concerned look on her face. He pondered taking the offer back briefly, but felt it better to let her make the decision.

"I'm basically giving you a chance to sink your teeth into something a bit bigger," Wulfrin said removing his hand from her shoulder. "I have no intention of forcing you into it. After all that fight, even with just a single enemy could probably one shot you through the mitigation. Now a single enemy, we can manipulate the agro, but it is still very risky. Plus we can always do it later."

She shook her head and politely declined, "Maybe another time. I definitely want to but also I'm more concerned about fighting something that is closer to your level. Plus like you said it's something we can do later, maybe in our down time. I think it's time I go turn in this quest to that old bastard Lyle, that way you and I can get started on Lesson 3 and other things."

She smiled at him and took his hand, dragging him back toward Tolbana. It didn't take them long before they were at Lyle's shop once more. Ciela mentally prepared herself for the abrasive old man, then they entered. She placed the tusks on his counter and gave him a big smile, "Here's the tusks you asked for," she then whispered under her breath, "you old coot." Lyle gave Ciela a nod of approval and put the tusks away, "I use these on hilts." She nodded, "Well I'm here because I'm looking into who Mayor Dorian lent money to, you wouldn't happen to be one of them would you?" Lyle scoffed "Now, I'll have you know that I don't take loans from anyone, especially men the likes of Dorian White. You might try old Pete Larkin. He spends all his time fishing for river monsters or some such nonsense," he adds"Without a real job, the man could probably use the charity." Lyle turns back to his work, but gestures with his head toward a nearby table. "Grab yourself a weapon and armor from those bins on your way out. They're about worthless, but consider it payment for the tusks." 

She went through the bins and found some armor, figuring she could pass it down to a player who might need it or just put it in her inventory and forget about it. With that being that she wanted out of there. "Well, now what?" She looked around, "I guess it is getting a bit late." She tapped her finger to her head, and began to think of the duos next stop, right as she did her stomach very audibly growled. "Heh, do you have any good restaurant recommendations? I'll buy."

“There’s a small cafe nearby,” Wulfrin replied guiding the duo towards the main plaza.

The duo found themselves at a small cafe that was just far enough from the main plaza to avoid all the rowdy happenings, yet close enough to not be completely dead on the inside. It was always Wulfrin’s last stop on his little outings with newbies whether they accompanied him or not. 

“I have a plan,” Wulfrin said as the two began to be served their food. “I set up a meeting with one of the higher level players, that same one from Zackariah’s place, to take you through the Shark Bait Training Program. Essentially it will just be a quick jump in let him kill the boss and reap the benefits. I will be taking a quick break though to investigate a lead of my own, but after that I’ll be available.”

The two continued their conversation of game mechanics and possible questlines for a good while before parting ways, with Wulfrin returning to his small little smithing shop on Floor Twenty-Two.

Thread Closing

KnightessCiela Receives
788 EXP ([4,482/10]*1*.7 + 475 [quest])
900 Col [400[1 page] + 500 [quest]]

Tealeaf Heavy Armor | T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor | MIT I
Boar Jerky | T1 Perfect Consumable | DMG II | MIT I

Unlocked <<The Third Lesson>>

Wulfrin Receives

627 EXP: ([4,482/10]*2*.7)
0 Col: (0 [1 Page])

Edited by Wulfrin