[PP-F5] Sharkbait Sorun <<Bloodstained Land>>

Sorun was taking a real gamble here, entering the fifth floor like this. Despite the gear he had, it wouldn't help him to survive attacks from level five monsters very well. If he could easily dodge the attacks, he wouldn't have too much to worry about, but he couldn't guarantee that he'd be able to.

He walked around the settlement of Fortaleza for the time being, wondering if anyone knew something that could help low level players to rise quickly, to blast through the levels with speed, even if it could only deal with a few of them. He had to do something to get his level going quickly, but...what? He stopped and looked to his left, seeing the safe zone border, which would most likely be crawling with monsters above his level. It was too much of a risk for now. When it came to fights, one good tip that animal and human alike should follow was "stick to your weight class", or in this case, level. If he was too strong for it, he wouldn't be able to get much out of it. If it it was too strong for him, he would probably find himself with an HP level of zero before he could say "oops".

"There's gotta be some kind of exploit I could try..."  He thought aloud. "...something to get me up the levels quickly, even if it's just a few..." He hoped.

@NIGHT

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 1

HP: 20
Energy: 20
Base Damage: 7(BA Rank 1[3], Slayer Axe[3])
Mitigation: 6(Nomad's Garb)
Accuracy: 3(Amber)
Evasion: 0

Additional conditions:

[None Yet]

Skills:

Battle Axe Rank 1(4 SP)

Equipment:

[T1]Slayer Axe(Axe, 3 DMG)[Equipped]

[T1]Nomad's Garb(Cloth Armor, Mitigation, 2 Evasion)[Equipped]

[T1]Amber(3 ACC)[Equipped]

Consumables:

Starter Healing Potions(Restores 50 HP) x3

weakpoints of a terra firma...

talk about one of the more boring jobs to do. night would've had chalked it up to chance if she'd been dealing the information as a broker, but it's exactly her distaste for discrete accuracy that pinned her as the executioner's sort, and not the judge. she held a hand over her mouth as she yawned, walking through the safe zone's borders; if there were hostile creatures around, night was half hoping fighting spirit had some sort of passive to drive them all away. there wasn't a reason for her to pick on the weak creatures if she didn't need to.

the quest had originally started from a rumored hunt, but this time, talking to abdullah before she left town was annoying and exhausting -- like she had the col to pay the guy for asking about the one pest he wanted exterminated! of all things, she should've been the one getting paid the mark's bounty. cordial as she had to be, it still took her being patient and leaving approximately two hours later for the quest to have started.

night was never planning on doing this again if she had to. at least offloading the conversation part to someone else...

in the waste was a player in red, far away, but along the path to her destination. she thought nothing of it as she tugged on her white poncho, holding it up to her face in expectance of a sandstorm. then, she got closer, and realized the man wasn't exactly fit for the weather.

"town's that way," she said, and pointed behind her towards fortazela. deeply indifferent, she expected to move on with thanks (or at minimum without argument), the player being sleepy as usual.

R5tSbC7.png | NIGHT
 | Lv. 144 >> P. 112, Lv. 32
 | Status: //

Notes:
 //

Spoiler

NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | Stealth Rating: 6

equipped

• oathkeeper.
    FLN II, HLY II
  • regards.
    EVA II, HB II
  • signet.
    ACC III, EVA

battle-ready inventory

• Teleport Crystal (3) | TELEPORT
  • imugi's inspiration. (5) | MASS HP RECOVERY

skills

Spoiler

mod count: 5/7

• STRAIGHT SWORD | RANK 5/5
    • focus, stamina, precision
    • shift: aoe
  • CLOTH ARMOR | RANK 5/5
    • athletics, nimble
  • COMBAT MASTERY: DMG | RANK 3/3
  • SEARCHING | RANK 3+1/5
  • BATTLE HEALING | RANK 5/5
    • emergency recovery
  • ENERGIST
  • QUICK CHANGE
  • CHARGE
  • FIGHTING SPIRIT
  • HOWL
    • focused howl
  • SCOUTING FAMILIAR
  • EXTENDED MOD LIMIT

extra

1. SURVIVAL
  2. CONCENTRATION
  3. HIDING
    • untraceable, vanish, surprise attack-t

buffs

Spoiler

statue

• KUMATETSU | +1 DMG

consumables

1. Liquor of Light | DMG III
  2. Breakfast Fry | PROTEIN II
  3. Crème Brûlée | filled | ACC III
  4. Smores | EVA II

paragon

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 15% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +1 LD to looting.

sword arts

Spoiler

en cost matches multiplier unless stated otherwise. shift underlined.

• ST | x12 -> x15 | x20
  • AOE | x15 -> x18
  • TECH-A | x12 | STUN | 13EN
  • TECH-B | x12 | DELAY
  • TECH-D | x12 | SHATTER
  • TECH-F | x8 | AOE STUN 
  • TECH-G | x12 | BURN

misc.

Spoiler

housing

• Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

foraging | r2 | xp: 69/150

• Greenhouse
    | +2 G.EXP, +1 CD&LD to gathering attempts.
  • Familiar: Profession
    | +2 G.EXP
  • Demeter's Cornucopia
    | +1 CD to gathering attempts. 

Sorun's thought process was disrupted by someone telling him the direction of town.
            Oh, so he'd just wandered outside the safe zone lost in thought. Wonderful. At least he hadn't aggro'd anything too strong just yet. He blinked.
"...And?"
       He didn't really have the best response, nor could he disagree with his chosen answer. He had to do something, but the question was what. Stretching out his arms and putting his hands behind his head, he resisted the urge to yawn. "I mean, it's not like I've got much to do in there...or, anywhere, really, seeing that I lack the level to take on anything worthwhile...all I need is an exploit, a weakness in the slow grind, something to boost, just enough to get a head start before I get into anything else...but how to do that...that's the problem." He took a deep breath. "After all, I've only got one shot. If I make the wrong move, that's it for me...but I guess I've already made a bit of a mistake wandering out of the safe zone without the stats to stop a monster stronger than me from dealing too much damage, huh?" He added.

never mind. the only thing that was stopping her from assuming this conversation was part of the quest was the fact that the person in front of her was a player himself.

"... are you really going to be okay in that...?" she'd started to ask. but the man continued on with a monologue, and painted a really strange picture of a novice trying his best to do anything... except he came to the fifth floor. almost five levels too early in most people's opinions, including night's own.

so she blinked twice. how was her tolerance for sociability doing? somehow, despite the trial from earlier, the player was no abdullah at the very least, so night gambled and figured she could do with a little more.

"are you really that impatient?" she first started. cold and blunt, yet lacking the hostilities of a proper insult. but then she gestured to the desert bowl ahead with the nod of her head, turning to face it slow. "i'll be headed that way if you need that boost. and if that doesn't work out too well for you, i'll walk you back to town, too. just don't act too recklessly again in the future if you want to keep your head on your shoulders..."

The person, being a player, proceeded to question Sorun's patience. "To be fair, I did kinda try to wait things out too long, so I kinda have to make up for lost time. Can't be going around left in the dust by everyone else to fall to just anything, gotta catch up so I don't stay behind forever...or worse, become a statistic." He noted.
                      The player would point in the direction of the dustbowl and tell him where she was headed in case he felt like tagging along.

The answer was right in front of him the whole time, he just never noticed it until now, and now he felt a bit stupid because of that. What he needed, was a carry. Carrying isn't often easy, but in certain games, with the right tricks, it could be done. obviously he'd have to let all the planning and most of the action go to this player here if he intended to follow her for a carry, but that was where other realistic advice could come into play, to learn from watching.

Sorun nodded his head, ready to follow. "Fair enough. Lead the way."

"you'll be a statistic by not being careful," was the last she stated on the subject, still intentless, before starting off with the man behind her. as she talked, her hands were fiddling with the quest interface; hasty through practice, yet relaxed in performance. 

"so here's what we'll do: you try getting a hit on it if you can. the beast is tricky, but it'll lock you in combat even if your blow doesn't connect. let me take the bulk of its attention; just defend yourself against the storm if possible. i won't be liable for what happens if you suffer from environmental damage, so get ready those beginner potions if you have any."

and it was only halfway through their journey that she remembered something important, the field of the party invite blank on the interface ahead of her.

night's head swiveled to turn to her companion, and she squinted, studying his face. familiar? she wasn't sure. "sorry. have we met before? or do you just hang around the town of beginnings often? -- i haven't gotten a name."

The player would explain a battle plan, one that was more defensive than anything on Sorun's end, while the leading player would take on the most of it and try to keep the target enemy's focus on her, not that he knew whatever the heck it was, he was just going in blind. While that was usually a horrible idea, especially in a case like this, he might make it out alive if he could keep his wits about him, know when to block and when to dodge, that sort of thing. It made sense. Wait for the right opportunity, and strike only when safe to do so. Sounds pretty fair. Sure, it was nothing extra or worthy of significance or recognition, and he knew he wouldn't deserve it if he received it anyway. This little exploit scheme was only a means to an end.

As the journey continued, the player realized that the two didn't even know each others' usernames. "Sorun. My username is Sorun." He answered. "I don't recall meeting you either, in all honesty. Who knows, we could have passed by once and not even noticed." He remarked. Heck, the two could have easily met once and forgotten the day after. The possibilities that not even Sorun was seeing were...well, less than countless, but more than two. Sure to net you more than two nickels. How weird.

an answer she wasn't capable of refuting, so she sent him the invite with her own reply. "night. nice to meet you, sorun."

it wasn't a while longer that they'd reached the edge of the dustbowl. terra firma's habitat was almost like an arena, with slippery sand slopes that lead any unlucky fauna down to its heart, where they might be subjected to the beast himself... though night had always suspected the creature to be an herbivore in its ecology.

"it'll move fast," she started, crouching down in preparation to slide down the dunes at the bowl's edge. "see if you can find a rocky ledge to ascend back up after we get down there. that'll busy you while you wait. it shouldn't be long for me to take care of that thing."

then, without further warning, she dove in with a roll, one foot ahead of her to cut through the sand almost as though it was fluid. she got to the bottom steady, sword drawn and waved around as though it was a baton.

time to get the creature's attention.

"hey, asshole!" she hollered, unserious. "i'm going to build a bureaucracy on your land if you don't come fight me right now!"

Spoiler

POST ACTION | Focused Howl (-4+1 EN)

ID220684 | md6 - 6 = 0 | -> NIGHT

Terra-Firma | HP: 950/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Move Swiftly | [Concentration] banned. -1 ACC to all players.
Hard-Scaled | PARA-IMMUNE, Freeze Immunity.
Deaf | Debuff songs banned.
Weak Spots | Player BD9+: Gain Phase on that attack.
Assault Mode | Activates after a Weak Spots proc. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

[5] NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS
[0] Sorun | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Posted (edited)

The location that the two players arrived at looked suspicious, almost as though it were an arena of sorts. Any player that was perceptive enough could tell that a boss lived here, preying upon anything it could. Of course, it was very likely that the tables would be turned here. While Sorun could easily just follow every step, he had to make sure he didn't hold the attention. He was even notified to try and seek out a rocky ledge to help the two players get out of the arena-like monster habitat for when the battle was done. Problem was, Sorun didn't exactly see any ledges just yet.

Night would slide down the sand, calling out an insult and a taunt at full volume. From the center of the downward dunes came a beast that was clearly agitated by the source of the sound. Well, time to find a good vantage point or two. One for climbing out, and, hopefully, one to try and get a hit against this thing once it's attention would irreversibly be on Night.

Sorun attempted to copy the slide, but when he tried to turn, he ended up slipping on the sand(how exactly does that even happen?) and started fumbling downward. He pulled out his axe and attempted to try and force it into the ground to stop his tumbling descent, though when he did, he still continued sliding downward despite no longer rolling all over as if the game was ragdolling him, but after a few seconds he suddenly stopped with a *Clack!* coming from the direction of his weapon. It had just snagged on something. Well, maybe this could help, if what his axe just hit was stone...but how could he uncover it? There was so much sand!

[Sorun takes no action]

[5] NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS
[0] Sorun | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Terra-Firma | HP: 950/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Assault Mode | Activates after a Weak Spots proc. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

Edited by Sorun

the terra firma charged forth. like every song and dance ever, night supposed. but partway through its run did the creature pick up speed -- which was odd. night was used to it switching to it deliberately at the start of its movement before attacking rather than as part of. she watched the beast roll towards her at high speeds, and if night felt safe about this sight, it was due to the fact that she could redirect it away from sorun.

so she ducked, sword sliding against the unarmored flesh of the terra firma where it had coiled up loose, but remained exposed. instead of coming to a halt once it reached the edge of the arena, however, the pangolin but stayed, turning faster, almost as though to pick up speed even if it never went anywhere.

what? was it stuck? night watched it a little longer, confused, blade in hand to her side.

Spoiler

ID220685 | bd3+7-4-1 = 5 | -> Terra-Firma 

ID220686 | md4+1-6 = -1 | -> NIGHT

Terra-Firma | HP: 950/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Assault Mode | Activates after a Weak Spots proc. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

[6] NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 145/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS
[0] Sorun | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Posted (edited)

There had to be a way to expose the stone somehow.

Sorun figured if the sand could slide down, that maybe if he just held onto the handle of his axe, that he wouldn't slip if he used his free hand to try and get the sand to fall like the water of a flowing stream. Just a few swipes and he shook his head at the realization that it would not do. Then the monster began running circles around the edge. Sand started to move, both on the ground, and in the air. "Heh? What's it doing?" He thought aloud. Of course, this curiosity turned into a silent struggle when the winds of the monster's "artificial sandstorm" picked up speed, and more sand. "Yeah, no, this isn't good." Sorun thought as his free hand was now trying to fruitlessly swat away at the fresh clouds of flying sand. It wouldn't be long before he lost grip on the axe or the stone at this rate if he kept holding onto it with only one hand, he might have to climb a bit instead of hanging from it.

[Sorun takes no action]

[0] Sorun | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2
[6] NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 145/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Terra-Firma | HP: 950/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Edited by Sorun

not just the boss spinning any more. like a certain blue hedgehog from memory, it took off towards the outer edges of the arena and threw up a frenzied whirlwind, the force of which was enough to bluster night's coat, and...

-- was sorun in the air?

she'd noticed one she was tracking the boss' movements, a feat harder without her searching skill at top condition. night scowled when she began to lose her footing too, but fought against the harsh winds just to get close enough to fire an attack. cardinal's detection system for the sword arts wasn't exactly dependent on the presence of targets before them -- one could hypothetically strike air for practice if they wanted. this wasn't the scenario.

timing wasn't exactly her forte, but even her early swing as the pangolin was approaching had a lasting detection as her strike ending, stopping the boss temporarily in its tracks to flinch. night had expected to take the killing slow, so while it was barely in balking damage for the boss, it was enough to drop gravity to its expected levels for barely a moment.

Spoiler

POST ACTION | AOE-I

ID220753 | bd5+7-4-1 = 7 | -> Terra-Firma

27 * 15 = 405 DMG
405 - 150 = 255 DMG

ID220754 | md1 | -> NIGHT

Terra-Firma | HP: 695/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

Assault Mode | Activates after a Weak Spots proc. On an LD of 11+, this mob will identify stealthed Players. Its ACC and EVA will swap for the duration of its attack, then revert to normal. It will gain 50% Phase on a BD of 9, and 100% Phase on a BD of 10 or higher. BD modifiers such as ACC can activate these Phase attributes.

[8] NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 130/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Posted (edited)

Sorun continued to hold onto his axe with one hand while swatting at the sand buffeting him with the other, but soon he felt more than the wind and sand. He began to feel some turbulence. He opened his eyes to find that he wasn't attached to the earth anymore, he was now in the air.

Seeing that fall damage was a thing, this was not good in any way whatsoever. He had to get down softly somehow. He was only level one, so fall damage from plenty of potential impacts wouldn't be good for him at all. There just had to be a way to escape a death caused by his reckless decision by getting himself into this mess in the first place. Sand was still buffeting him, but he did what he could to try and look around for something to prevent a nasty fall, like maybe something to grapple with his axe, to be able to hang on tight again.

[Sorun takes no action]

[8] NIGHT | HP: 1080/1080 | EN: 130/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Edited by Sorun

#

Spoiler

ID220755 | bd1 | -> Terra-Firma

ID220758 | md9 | -> NIGHT

[9] NIGHT | HP: 779/1080 | EN: 132/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Posted (edited)

[PH]

[Sorun takes no Action]

[9] NIGHT | HP: 779/1080 | EN: 132/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Edited by Sorun

#

Spoiler

ID220767 | bd8+8-4-1 = 11 | -> Terra-Firma

15+2-2 -4 = 11 EN

(27+16+1) x 15 = 660 DMG
660 - 150 = 510 DMG

ID220758 | md9 | -> NIGHT

Terra-Firma | HP: 185/950 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 150 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4

[12] NIGHT | HP: 587/1080 | EN: 121/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Posted (edited)

[PH]

[Sorun takes no action]

[12] NIGHT | HP: 587/1080 | EN: 121/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Edited by Sorun

#

Spoiler

ID220769 | bd2 | -> Terra-Firma | o+< bruh

ID220770 | md6+1-6 = 1 | -> NIGHT

[13] NIGHT | HP: 695/1080 | EN: 123/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS
[0] Sorun | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Posted (edited)

[ph]

[Sorun takes no action]

[0] Sorun | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2
[13] NIGHT | HP: 695/1080 | EN: 123/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS

Edited by Sorun

#

Spoiler

ID220771 | bd4+7-4-1 = 6 | -> Terra Firma

15+2-2 +4 = 11 EN

27 x 15 = 405 DMG
405 - 150 = 255 DMG

[13] NIGHT | HP: 803/1080 | EN: 112/146 | DMG: 27 | ACC: 7 | EVA: 6 | LD: 9 | BH+HB: 108 | FLN/HLY: 16 | FS
[0] Sorun | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 6 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2