[PP - F24] Ciela Finds a Friend | <<Feeding Your Enemy>>

Ciela and Wulfrin headed to floor 24, they had been hanging out together more often now and she even began to hang out at his shop. As they began walking, she intertwined her fingers with his. She planned to make that a regular occurrence. Over the past few days, she's found comfort in Wulfrin's presence. She was shocked when he offered to join her on yet another quest. "You don't mind me dragging you around, do you?" She looked up at him with puppy dog eyes and flittered her eyelashes, a slight smirk was also creeping over her lips.

The first thing that she noticed as she actually began to take in the sights, sounds, and smells of this floor was the amazing smell of sea air. She'd always loved smelling the fresh salty sea air, it reminded her of her childhood. She closed her eyes and reminisced for a moment.

After taking a moment to reminisce she looked around the town they spawned in, "What did you say this town's name was again? Cause it looks exactly like we're in Rome." She took in the sights of the town, making mental notes of all the different buildings, cause she would definitely forget if she didn't. She decided to be a little cheeky and smirked while not looking at her companion, "Well, how's about we get to exploring this beautiful floor honey?"

Spoiler

Stats and Equipment:

Stats:

Level 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 32/32| DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18                      

Equipment:

• Blighted Fang | [Fusion ID #219398b] | TIER 1 PERFECT STRAIGHT SWORD | DMG, KEEN, BLIGHT [desc.]: A longsword crafted from metal coated in the sap of a blighted maple tree. Its necromantic properties leave lasting wounds that are hard to recover from
  • Thornforged Plate Armor | Fusion ID: 220245 | MIT 2 | Thorns 1
    Just as every rose has its thorns, this suit of armor embodies the dual nature of protection and peril. Its intricate design, reminiscent of the intertwining vines of a rose bush, offers unparalleled defense on the battlefield while serving as a poignant reminder of the adversities faced in life's journey. On the right pauldron is a phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight, the sigil of Sentinel Armaments.
  • T1 Shield | Thornforged Shield | Fusion ID: 220400 | MIT 1 | Thorns 1 | Rec 1
    Just as every rose has its thorns, this shield embodies the dual nature of protection and peril. Its intricate design, reminiscent of the intertwining vines of a rose bush, offers unparalleled defense on the battlefield while serving as a poignant reminder of the adversities faced in life's journey. On the front face is a small phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight, the sigil of Sentinel Armaments. The phoenix is at the center of a large rose bloom that makes up the prominent feature of the shield's front.

Skills:
Heavy Armor R1

Straight Swords R1

Battle-Ready Inventory:

• (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Damage Potion: +1 DMG for an entire thread.
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
  • (1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of maximum HP.
  • (1) Teleport Crystal

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin shook his head at the question of being dragged around. Ciela had become wonderful company as of late, spending most of her free time watching him work. She was wonderful help when Solaris would get antsy when Wulfrin disturbed the majestic phoenix's beauty rest in the flames of the modest forge. Sentinel Armaments had received a slight face lift Since Wulfrin had bought the estate plot it rested on. The view of the lake was only minorly affected by the new house, but Wulfrin though it added to the atmosphere. Solaris soared overhead, enjoying the open skies and opportunity to stretch his wings.

"I believe it's Scalabis," Wulfrin said taking in the architecture. "It is based on ancient Rome, legion and all."

As the pair continued to travel through the streets of the main settlement of Floor 24, Wulfrin spotted a familiar covered wagon surrounded by various cages and planters. The Traveling Gypsy was in town and with her presence, a unique opportunity for Ciela.

"Well dear," Wulfrin said with a smirk. "Why don't you start with that NPC over there. If we are just going to explore the floor, maybe you could find a familiar while doing it."

Spoiler

Stats

Spoiler

Wulfrin | Level 20 | HP 400/400 | EN 58/58 | DMG 17 | MIT 54 | ACC 4 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Sword Arts

Spoiler

[x12] ST-I (12 EN) | A single-target sword art.

[x15] ST-II (15 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.

[x20] ST-B (20 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, use only the first roll.

[x11] AOE-I (11 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.

[x14] AOE-II (14 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed all intended targets the previous turn.

[x12] TECH-A (13 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

[x12] TECH-B (12 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a debuff that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

[x8] TECH-F (8 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.

Equipment

Spoiler

Dioscuri | TIER 1 JEWELRY | ACC III | ID:  #210452-5
[desc.]: a pair of ear cuffs fashioned from precious stone.

Hunter's Coat | T2 Perfect Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 1
Fusion ID 219737
A leather coat with attached armored plates at the shoulders and forearms. It's design offers plenty of protection while sacrificing very little of the wearer's mobility.

Thunder Fang | Fusion ID: 219823 | DMG 1 | Bleed 1 | Paralyze 1
This longsword was crafted using a unique style of Damascus Steel. The pattern resembles arcs of lightning bolts moving up the flat of the blade towards the point. Just as it tears through it's targets, its properties sometimes also leaves the target paralyzed. Just above where the blade meets the ornate hilt is a phoenix with its wings outstretched in flight. The firebird also acts as the origin for the bolts that spiderweb outward towards the blade's edge.

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 hp each)
6 T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP.
2 Teleportation Crystals
Protein Pancakes | [ID #219428a] | TIERLESS RARE MEAL | PROTEIN II
[desc.]: They're a little dry but they do the trick.
Terra Firma Scale (equivalent to T3 MIT 1)

Skills

Spoiler

Active Skills

Spoiler

Light Armor Rank 5: 30 MIT (-2 Stealth)

Straight Swords Rank 5: +7 DMG

Searching Rank 2: +2 LD, +2 Stealth Detection

Active Mods (Max 5)

Spoiler

Meticulous: +1 DMG

Night Vision: Ignore low light/darkness penalties, Negates bonus to enemy Stealth Rating in Low Light/Darkness

Active Addons

Spoiler

Stamina: -2 EN on attacks

Precision: +1 ACC

Ferocity: +2 DMG with Straight Swords

Extra Skills (Max 2)

Spoiler

Concentration: Free Action, Gain AbsAcc. Cooldown 5 rounds

Inactive

Spoiler

none

Estate Buffs

Spoiler

Bedroom: "Rested" -1 EN to first 2 combat expenditures each combat
Bathroom: "Clean" First DoT effect damage reduced by 20%
Basic Kitchen: "Filling" increases effectiveness of one food item by 1 T1 MIT slot (+5 MIT)
Storage Closet: "Item Stash" +1 Battle ready Inventory Slot
Living room: "Relaxed" +10 out of Combat healing, Energy full after 2 out of combat posts
Dining Room: "Tasty" Turn 2 identical food items into a lesser feast. (Feeds 4 players)
Attic (Storage): "Col Stash" +5% Col from monster loot
Basement: "Multipurpose" +1 LD, LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity (Once per thread)

Fishing Pond: "Angler" +2 Fishing Exp per attempt

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela has enjoyed the last few days of hanging out with Wulfrin. She was able to find some books to read and she'll lay on the bench in Wulfrin's shop while Solaris perches on her shoulder. She calls it birdy story time. She enjoys the company of Wulfrin and Solaris, over these past few days it's been so much more comforting than being alone.

Ciela immediately became flustered when Wulfrin called her dear, she was so grateful he couldn't see her face. She dragged him off to the NPC that he pointed out to her. "On this trip I need to gain some materials, since I'm trying to start my shop. I figure I'll take you up on the offer that you mentioned a few days ago and fight alongside you at some point on this trip. It'll be great." She winks at him.

As the duo approached the NPC, Ciela waved at the Traveling Gypsy. This was the NPC that Wulfrin told her about, the one that could help her get a familiar. Ciela approached the Traveling Gypsy, "Hi, I've heard you can help me get a familiar?"  

The Traveling Gypsy smiled softly at Ciela, "I can help with that, your hardest part will be tracking down the familiar. Here, take this." She hands a pouch to Ciela, which Ciela accepts and the traveling gypsy begins to speak once more. "Once you find one, use the food in that pouch to gain their trust, once you do please bring back what's left over. The formula is quite complicated and quite expensive."

Ciela nods at the woman, "Of course! Thank you!" The Traveling Gypsy gave a sweet smile that was almost unnerving, sending a slight chill down Ciela's spine. "Of course dear, it's my pleasure."

Ciela looks over at Wulfrin, leading him to a small portion of beach in Scalabis. She hands her companion a small bag. "Here, hold this." She gets onto her knees and begins sifting through the sand. As she does, she tosses small shells, sand dollars, and then gets pinched by something. "OW!" She pulls her hand out of the sand only to find a small crab attached to her finger. She comically shakes it off, but it refuses. Her eyes are welling up with tears as she just kind of sits there attempting to shake the crab off of her finger.

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221144 | LD: 4 | CD: 6
No Materials Found.
+ 3 Foraging EXP
[3/49 EXP]

Rank 1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin picked up a small shell, and coerced the small creature into releasing its vice. Quickly Wulfrin swiped up the crab and pierced its shell with a fishing hook. He walked up to the edge of the water and cast his line out into the waves of the ocean. he kept Ciela's bag at the ready, but decided he too would make the most of his time.

"If we are to battle," Wulfrin cautioned his companion. "I would suggest you let me control the mob's agro. We should also try to only fight one monster at a time. On another note, if we are searching for a familiar I suggest we move often. Sometimes the passive mobs are a bit trickier to pin down." 

Wulfrin continued to watch his bobber move up and down with the lapping waves. The sea breeze was wonderful. Secretly he hoped that this trip would not include violence, but in unfamiliar territory that was no guarantee. Solaris soared over head drawing the gaze of some nearby NPCs. Maybe they thought the phoenix was sent by whatever sun god they may worship on the floor. At least that was Wulfrin assumed, since they seemed to gawk in reverence and excitement at the flaming eagle.

"let me know when you're ready to move on," Wulfrin said with his focus on the open waters. "I'm going to do my own material gathering if that's okay."

Fishing Attempt
Rank 3 Fisher | Success on CD 6+ | Chest on LD 10+ | +2 LD when opening Fishing Chests | +2 EXP per Attempt
ID: 221150 | CD 2 | LD 18 | Fail

Nothing Found

+5 Fishing EXP

REWARDS

Spoiler

KnightessCiela
3 Foraging EXP

Wulfrin
5 Fishing EXP

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

"Thank you, that hurt so bad. Wait wh-" Ciela said to Wulfrin tearfully, realizing he was using the crab for bait. She sifted through the sand more carefully. She picked up a few more shells while Wulfrin fished. "I'd be okay with that, so basically if you miss I just kind of stand back and try to not draw aggro from it right?"

She pulled up her menu, "So I've been searching for ideas for familiars on the info broker and the one I'm looking for is rumored to lurk around Raitoboru Bay. I figured we could fight random stuff on the way going there." She began daydreaming about the familiar she was going to attempt to find, and began thinking for potential names.

She smiled at Wulfrin, "I don't mind that you fish, you should know that by now silly. Since we're near water I figured you'd fish in between us being in combat. I will be foraging in between combat, since we do have to wait for our energy to go back up after combat."

After finishing sifting through the sands, she walked up to Wulfrin as he was fishing and softly rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm ready once you're done fishing." She almost called him honey just naturally. Usually she only called him honey not only to tease him but also cause she really wanted to, but felt as if it would be inappropriate to. Her mind began to wander once more.

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221151 | LD: 15 | CD: 4
1 Material Found. No additional materials.
+ 8 Foraging EXP
[11/49 EXP]

Rank 1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin was content just watching the waves roll up onto the shore. His fishing attempts usually didn't go in his favor most of the time, and it appeared this one was starting to follow that same trend. Wulfrin looked back every so often to check Ciela's progress. Her company over the last few weeks had been welcoming. His house was already in one of the more tranquil floors, but having some one to chat with and spend time with only added to that feeling of home. Ciela eventually walked up and rested her head on his shoulder. He patted her head as he stowed away the fishing rod.

"it may be a popular vacation resort," Wulfrin said as he thought about where Raitoboru Bay. "However, Raitoboru Bay is still a good ways from here, so we should probably get a move on. Maybe we'll see Morningstar around. I vaguely remember him saying he had a place near there."

Fishing Attempt
Rank 3 Fisher | Success on CD 6+ | Chest on LD 10+ | +2 LD when opening Fishing Chests | +2 EXP per Attempt
ID: 221152 | CD 4 | LD 4 | Fail

Nothing Found

+5 Fishing EXP

REWARDS

Spoiler

KnightessCiela
11 Foraging EXP
1 Materials

Wulfrin
10 Fishing EXP

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela smiled as Wulfrin patted her head, she made a soft squeak noise that signified she was happy. "You'll catch something at some point during this trip honey, I'm sure of it." She let the "honey" slip, hoping he was too distracted packing up his fishing rod to fully notice.

"This area of the floor is almost as tranquil as floor 22. The waves remind me of going on beach trips as a kid." She smiled and grabbed Wulfrin's hand, slowly intertwining her fingers in his. "Well then let's go. Maybe we will. I honestly assumed Morningstar lived in his shop." She let out a soft chuckle. 

She began dragging Wulfrin around like usual. She tightened her grip on Wulfrin's hand as she saw the wooden raft bridge that they had to cross to get to the next island. She closed her eyes and asked, "Will you please lead and please don't let go of my hand?" She had a tone of pleading desperation in her voice. She hoped he couldn't feel her shaking through her holding his hand, but knew he probably wouldn't be opposed to leading the pair across the bridge.

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221153 | LD: 2 | CD: 9
No Materials Found.
+ 3 Foraging EXP
[14/49 EXP]

Rank 1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

"I'll do you one better dear," Wulfrin said with a cheeky smirk. In one swift motion Ciela was swept off her feet and placed in a bridal carry, armor and all. Wulfrin casually sauntered his way across the bridge. He was deliberately taking it much slower than he normally would, partly to make sure he didn't drop her into the slightly rough waters but mostly just to torment her a little bit. The two had been going back and forth a lot recently with the mild doses of flirting. Wulfrin just wanted to see the reaction. Calm as ever he placed Ciela back on her feet on the other side. Without even acknowledging the event, Wulfrin equipped the fishing rod and dropped the bobber into the deeper waters.

Choosing to remain as if nothing even happened, Wulfrin watched the bobber move across the deeper water. He felt a tug and pulled the line in. At the end was a fairly large tuna that immediately went into Wulfrin's inventory, leaving behind an info panel with a list of items that only Wulfrin could read. Apparently the tuna had devoured a couple bits of armor.

"Look at that," Wulfrin said calmly. "Found some items in that one. Where to next?"

Fishing Attempt
Rank 3 Fisher | Success on CD 6+ | Chest on LD 10+ | +2 LD when opening Fishing Chests | +2 EXP per Attempt
ID: 221154 | CD 8 | Success | LD 17 | Chest Found

+1 Material

Opening Chest
ID 221155 | LD 8 + 2 = 10
Unidentified T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [221155a]
Unidentified T2 Rare Armor/Shield [221155b]

+10 Fishing EXP

REWARDS

Spoiler

KnightessCiela
14 Foraging EXP
1 Materials

Wulfrin
10 Fishing EXP

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

As Wulfrin casually lifted her, she began internally screaming. She made that same squeak she had made earlier, except intensified. If he would catch a glance at her face, her face was so reddened from blushing that Wulfrin could probably confuse her for a very cute tomato. She buried her face in his chest so he wouldn't see her face fully. Wulfrin seemed to be going slower than he usually did, she was definitely feeling a lot of things at the moment. She couldn't pinpoint exactly what, but it was a mixture of infatuation, and being terrified since they were high up.

As Wulfrin calmly rested her back on her feet, she looked at him fish as if nothing just happen and her flabbers were ghasted. She looked at him, definitely not in control of her face. She narrowed her eyes as she stared directly at him, almost if staring into his soul. As he fished unbothered he pulled something up, "Hey that's great!"   

Ciela noticed a pair of sirens coming straight for them. "We've got company!" She mentally prepared herself to fight. She wasted no time and ran right past Wulfrin, heading for the sirens. As she reached them, she performed a wide slashing attack hitting the pair. Feeling proud of herself, she stepped back and held up her shield in preparation for their attacks. "Do your thing, sweetie." She stated with confidence, hoping to get a reaction out of him.

Spoiler

Recovery:
KnightessCiela has full energy

Post Action: AOE-I vs Male Sirens (x3 DMG) (5 EN)
Free Action: None

Attack vs Siren 1
ID: 221159  | BD: 7 | DMG: 5*3 (15)

Attack vs Siren 2
ID: 221160 | BD: 5 (+1 Keen = 6) | DMG: 5*3 (15) | Keen Proc

[1,1]KnightessCiela | Level 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 27/32 (32-5) | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18
[0,0]Wulfrin | Level 20 | HP 400/400 | EN 58/58 | DMG 17 | MIT 54 | ACC 4 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Siren 1 | HP 225/240 (240-15) | DMG 80
Siren 2 | HP 225/240 (240-15) | DMG 80

Edited by KnightessCiela

"One knight in a red coat coming up," Wulfrin said hastily storing his fishing rod. He dashed forward, sword drawn. In one rapid motion, Wulfrin swiped clean through both midsections causing them to reel back stunned. Wulfrin regained his footing and prepared for a second assault. Wulfrin watched the sirens stagger around before regaining their senses. Wulfrin had set them up for Ciela to take her time with these things. 

"You're up cutie," Wulfrin said pointing his blade casually towards the sirens. "Let's see what the KnightessCiela can do. I'll keep their agro you just hit them with everything you've got."

So long as they were careful there was no danger here. Wulfrin was more than capable of taking these things on his own, but Ciela needed the drops more than he did at this moment. In the event he received any materials on this trip, he was likely going to give them to her. He had enough of a stick of them that he could craft plenty of items. Ciela on the other hand needed everything she could get her hands on.

Spoiler

Recovery:
Wulfrin has full energy

Post Action: Tech-F vs Sirens (x8, 12 EN) 12 - 2 (stamina) -1 (Rested 1/2) = 9 EN

Attack vs Siren 1
ID: 221178  | BD: 2+4=6 | DMG: 17*8 (136) | Stun Proc

Attack vs Siren 2
ID: 221179 | BD: 2+4=6 | DMG: 17*8 (136) | Stun Proc

[1,1]KnightessCiela | Level 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 27/32 (32-5) | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18
[1,1]Wulfrin | Level 20 | HP 400/400 | EN 49/58 | DMG 17 | MIT 54 | ACC 4 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Siren 1 | HP 89/240 (225-136) | DMG 80 | STUNNED | P.StunImm. (0/3) 
Siren 2 | HP 89/240 (225-136) | DMG 80 | STUNNED | P.StunImm. (0/3)

Both Sirens are stunned. Stun fades on both sirens.

[1,1]Wulfrin | Level 20 | HP 400/400 | EN 49/58 | DMG 17 | MIT 54 | ACC 4 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Siren 1 | HP 89/240 | DMG 80 | P.StunImm. (1/3) 
Siren 2 | HP 89/240 | DMG 80 | P.StunImm. (1/3)

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela chuckled at Wulfrin's comment, "You sure are a knight in shining red coat."  She watches as Wulfrin puts away his fishing rod and swaps it out for his sword. He had stunned the pair of Sirens, with what seemed like no effort. He then staggered back. 

Somehow no matter what Wulfrin stated, he could make her consistently become flustered. She had no clue what kind of spell he had her under. As he stated, "You're up cutie," she became incredibly flustered. As Wulfrin boasted her skills, she ran for the pair of sirens. The comments must have distracted her a tad because the first siren moved out of the way of her sword by an inch. She managed to snap herself out of it and slash at the second one.

She stepped back and stood next to Wulfrin, and kissed his cheek. She wondered if she had him under the same spell that he had her under. "Your turn now, since you're my knight in shining red coat." She smirked and moved away so he could attack.

Spoiler

Recovery:
ID: 221183 | CD: 1
KnightessCiela gains 1 energy.

Post Action: AOE-I vs Male Sirens (x3 DMG) (5 EN)

Attack vs Siren 1
ID: 221184  | BD: 4 (+1 Keen) = 5 | DMG: 0 (Miss) | Keen Proc

Attack vs Siren 2
ID: 221185 | BD: 7  | DMG: 5*3 (15)

[1,1]KnightessCiela | Level 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 23/32 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18

Siren 1 | HP 89/240 | DMG 80 | P.StunImm. (1/3) 
Siren 2 | HP 74/240 (89-15) | DMG 80 | P.StunImm. (1/3)

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin casually strolled up to the sirens and swiftly dispatched them. A few strikes from his AoE art was all it took to shatter the two intruders into a shower of fractal motes of light. He flourished his blade and returned it to its scabbard. 

"At your service," Wulfrin said with a very over exaggerated bow. "Shall we continue thine quest m'lady."

He held out an arm gesturing for Ciela to take the lead. As she approached, he casually opened his elbow inviting her to walk arm and arm with him along the beach in search of a familiar for her to call friend. Above them the phoenix Solaris kept an ever vigilant eye for any further interruptions that may cross their path.

"Sorry you couldn't kill them your self," Wulfrin appologized. "In time you'll be able to take things like that on, but if it helps I have plenty of materials in storage. If you want you can have any of the ones I find on this trip."

Spoiler

Recovery:
ID: 221186 | CD: 4
Wulfrin gains 2 energy.

Post Action: AOE-I vs Sirens (x11, 15 EN) -2 Stamina -1 Rested = 12 EN

Attack vs Siren 1
ID: 221187  | BD: 9 (+1 DMG) | DMG: 18*11= 198 | Dead very dead

Attack vs Siren 2
ID: 221188 | BD: 9 (+1 DMG)  | DMG: 18*11 = 198 | Also Dead very dead

[1,1]KnightessCiela | Level 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 23/32 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18
[1,1]Wulfrin | Level 20 | HP 400/400 | EN 39/58 | DMG 17 | MIT 54 | ACC 4 | LD 2 | BLD 24 | PARA | REC 2

Siren 1 | HP 89/240 | DMG 80 | P.StunImm. (1/3) (89-198)
Siren 2 | HP 74/240 | DMG 80 | P.StunImm. (1/3) (74-198)

Loot Rolls

Siren 1
ID: 221189 | CD 2 | LD 6+2=8
1,764 Col (240*7) [incld *2 CD Even + *2 LD Even] + 84 (col stash)
Items
Unidentified T2 Uncommon Consumable

Siren 2
ID: 221190 | CD 11 | LD 8+2=10
1,260 Col (240 * 5) [-incld. *2 LD Even +1 CD 11] + 60 (col stash)
2 Mats CD Odd
Items
Unidentified T2 Rare Trinket

REWARDS

Spoiler

KnightessCiela
14 Foraging EXP
1 Materials

Wulfrin
20 Fishing EXP
3 Materials
3,024 Col

Unidentified T2 Rare Trinket [221190]
Unidentified T2 Uncommon Consumable [221189]

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela watched Wulfrin as he dispatched of the two Sirens. She smiled at him as he turned to look at her. "You're being borderline corny." She then got closer to him, and put her arm in his as he offered it. She leaned close to him and whispered in his ear, "I like it when you're corny, better than you being all serious and stoic. You're really cute when you're like this." She then places another kiss on his cheek as they continue on their journey.

As Wulfrin sympathizes with her not being able to kill the Sirens, she shrugs. "It's fine, I'm not as powerful as you are and I recognize that. I would be fine against mobs that were scaled to me, but if they had gotten a hit in on me I would've gotten BODIED." Her eyes lit up as he offered materials to her, "Are you serious? You're not joking? You'll really give me the materials we get from the things we kill on this trip? If I get the materials, then you keep the Col. I don't really have a need for it at the moment but I'm lacking in materials." 

She led Wulfrin toward this island, from the side it looked like Raitoboru Bay. They entered the safe zone and Ciela decided to change into a bathing suit instead of her heavy, hot armor. The swimsuit she changed into was a two piece the top was black with pink stripes on the side and the bottom was a pink mid thigh length skirt. She almost treated it like a magical girl transformation and looked over to Wulfrin with a smirk, "You gonna stay in that long red coat Mr. Knight? Or am I gonna be the only one that gets comfy out here?"

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221256 | LD: 10 | CD: 6
No Materials Found.
+ 3 Foraging EXP
[17/49 EXP] (14+3)

Rank 1 - Novice Forager

download (33).jpg

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Since we aren't going to be outside the safe zone," Wulfrin unequipped his combat gear for a more comfortable attire. Having known they were coming to Floor Twenty-Four, Wulfrin had made sure to set his casual clothing accordingly. He wore a white shirt under an open floral patterned button shirt and black trunks. "Might as well relax."

Wulfrin materialized a wooden chair from his inventory, a spare from decorating his house, and set up on the end of a nearby pier. He had the entire "dad on vacation" look going on. It only intensified when he pulled his fishing rod back out and began to fish off the dock. He reclined back in his chair and watched the waves roll onto the beach. The only thing he was missing was a nice cool fruity umbrella drink for the full beach fishing trip to finally reach peak vacation levels.

"This little vacation was desperately needed," Wulfrin sighed as he closed his eyes and let the system work its magic.

Wulfrin pulled a small necklace out of his inventory. From it hung a crystal that looked like it was a fragment of some kind of larger crafting material.

"Here," Wulfrin said as he held out a crystal necklace. "if you're hunting for a familiar this might help."

23_year_old_male_with_brown_ha.thumb.jpeg.314870e47d474e42861e47fd9a69fb3f.jpeg

Fishing Attempt
ID: 221272 | CD 1 | Fail | LD 18 | Nothing Found

+5 Fishing EXP

REWARDS

Spoiler

KnightessCiela
17 Foraging EXP
1 Materials

Wulfrin
25 Fishing EXP
3 Materials
3,024 Col

Wulfrin offers the following item to Ciela:
Crystal | TIER 1 TRINKET | LD III | ID: #205224
[desc.]: a blue crystal. scraps of a larger crafting component.

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela became flustered after seeing Wulfrin's casual attire, she began to fan herself due to the sight of her companion. She realized she was staring and looked away, avoiding looking at him,  "Man, it's hot out here, for no particular reason." As she looked away she spotted a small alcove that was covered by shrubbery and flowers.

Ciela looked back to her companion, who was too busy catching nothing to pay attention to notice she had began sneaking away to the alcove. As she approached the alcove she spotted a sea otter that seemed to be on the smaller side. She materialized a honey bun and began to break off small pieces of the treat and make a small squeaking sound, resembling a squeaky toy. The otter began to go closer, eating on the honey buns that Ciela was handing to it. 

Ciela began to gently pet the head of the otter as it began to make a squeaking noise, signifying it was happy. "You are just so cute." Ciela stated, now picking up the otter and holding it against her chest, still petting it. "I wonder if Wulfrin has noticed I'm gone yet."

Spoiler

KnightessCiela | Level 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 32/32| DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 | LD: 5
Consumed Items:
Honey Bun
Tireless Snack| LD: 2 | ID: 221103

Ciela swaps her shield for Crystal
T1 Trinket| LD: 3 | ID: 205224

Looking For Familiar
ID: 221273 | LD: 20 (+5) 25

Familiar Found

image_2024-04-04_081048591.png

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin had spotted Ciela walking off to the beach below. There was a small alcove lightly obscured by foliage, but it was still within the safe zone, so Wulfrin wasn’t concerned. There wasn’t much activity from his rod so he simply reclined back and enjoyed the sea breeze. He felt his eyes growing heavy, with how relaxed he was, and he may have slipped briefly into sleep.

He quickly snapped himself back when he felt his head drop a bit. He could have sworn he also felt his line move slightly, but when he checked it, there was nothing on the hook.

”Damn,” Wulfrin sighed. “Luck must not be on my side today. At least the atmosphere is nice.”

He quickly scanned again for Ciela, but she was nowhere to be seen. He hoped that she hadn’t wandered to far away, or worse stumbled into a dungeon. If the latter happened, he may be too late to save her.

”Please come back soon,” Wulfrin said to himself. “I don’t know what I would do if you were gone.”

He felt himself blushing and shook it away. Apparently Ciela had left quite the impression on the young swordsman.

Fishing Attempt
ID: 221274 | CD 1 | Fail | LD 11 | Nothing Found

+5 Fishing EXP

REWARDS

Spoiler

KnightessCiela
17 Foraging EXP
1 Materials

Wulfrin
30 Fishing EXP
3 Materials
3,024 Col

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela remembered the food the gypsy gave her. "Oh!" She put some in her hand and fed it to the otter. The otter greedily ate the food from her hand and after the otter was done she smiled as it cuddled up to her. "I guess you're my friend now." 

Ciela pondered for a moment. "What do you think of the name Perlita? Do you like it?" The otter began squeaking excitedly and snuggled up to her once again. "Perlita it is. Alright Perlita, what's say we play a little prank on Wulfrin? It means you get a fishie." Perlita gets so excited that Ciela can almost see the stars in her eyes. 

Ciela points over to Wulfrin, "Here's the plan my little pearl, you're going to go over to that sweet man over there and indulge on some fishies, then tug on the line. I'll sneak up behind him and cover his eyes as he pulls his line out of the water and catch him by surprise." She put Perlita down at the edge of the water and watched as she swam over to Wulfrin.

Perlita goes into the water and goes to where Wulfrin has his fishing pole set up, as a fish goes to bite the hook he had bobbing onto the serene ocean waves she bites it. Perlita then tugs on the hook as Ciela told her to.

As Perlita distracts Wulfrin, Ciela sneaks up behind him. She seemed to come back just in time for him to be worried about her. As he spoke, she began to blush and covered his eyes with her hands and whispered in his ear, "Did you miss me darling?"

Ciela smiles and slides her hands from his eyes to his chest, effectively hugging him from behind. "Well, I made a friend. Perlita, come here please!"

Perlita hops out of the water, with a fish in her mouth and closes her eyes and squeaks at the couple. "Good job! You got his fishies!" She giggles and nestles her head into the cradle of his neck.

Spoiler

Attempting to tame familiar 
ID: 221275 | CD: 11

Familiar Tamed

download (35).jpg

download (34).jpg

Edited by KnightessCiela

It was true, Wulfrin had caught a fish, an otter, and a chest all in one. Good news the system didn't care about the otter and gave him the material any way. Ciela's embrace was both reassuring and comforting all in one. This whole trip had been both a welcome vacation and an eye opening experience. Wulfrin's cheeks were almost as red as his coat. He leaned into her embrace and ran his fingers through her hair. He was proud of her for accomplishing her impromptu quest for the day.

"I was starting to get worried that you had stumbled into a dungeon," Wulfrin said with a sigh of relief. "You gotta be careful of those even in safe zones."

Solaris had taken an interest in the new furry friend that was following Ciela. The cute little sea otter cowered behind its master's legs in a combination of fear and sheepishness. wulfrin whistled and Solaris fluttered over to his shoulder.

"So what's the little one's name?" Wulfirn said turning his attention to the small critter. "I'm sure it's a cute one. That's the only thing befitting such an innocent creature such as that one."

Fishing Attempt
ID: 221321 | CD 9 | Success | LD 19 | Chest Found

+1 Material

Opening Chest
ID 221323 | LD 10+2=12
Items
Unidentified T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [221323a]
Unidentified T2 Rare Armor/Shield [221323b]

+21 Fishing EXP

REWARDS

Spoiler

KnightessCiela
17 Foraging EXP
1 Materials

Wulfrin
51 Fishing EXP
4 Materials
3,024 Col

Unidentified T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [221155a] [221323a]
Unidentified T2 Rare Armor/Shield [221155b] [221323b]

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela smiled and picked Perlita up, "Her name is Perlita. I found her in that little alcove over there." Ciela points to the alcove she snuck off to earlier.

"I'm sorry I worried you. I didn't think you'd even notice I was gone." She put Perlita on her shoulder and got in front of Wulfrin as he was sitting in a chair. "I promise, I won't go far away without at least telling you first." She kissed his forehead gently and smiled at him. "As long as you do the same for me." 

Ciela was honestly baffled that Wulfrin had the same feelings for her that she had for him, or at least she hoped he did. "Well, with my new fuzzy friend in tow, shall we head back to where we found the traveling gypsy?" Ciela waited for her companion to pack up his things, while he did she changed back into her armor.

Once again, she intertwined her fingers in his and held his hand. This time it felt different, there was something behind it. Before it was just that teasing feeling, now it seems as if there's emotional feelings behind the grip that the two had on each other's hands.

Ciela led them back to Scalabis, where the Traveling Gypsy was awaiting Ciela. Ciela let go of Wulfrin's hand to give the Traveling Gypsy. Ciela hands back the pouch with Perlita on her shoulder. The Traveling Gypsy smiles at the pair sweetly but unnervingly, "Now, who's this cute little fuzzy friend you've made?" Ciela responds, "She's a sea otter named Perlita."

The Traveling Gypsy pets Perlita, "Well, a lovely name for a cute little friend. Thank you for returning my special formula." Ciela nods, "It's no trouble. It works wonders so I see why you want it back." Ciela turns to Wulfrin for a moment making sure he was still there. By the time she turned back around, the Traveling Gypsy was gone. "Well, definitely one of the stranger NPC's I've encountered."

Ciela returns back to Wulfrin, and smiles at him handing back the crystal he loaned to her. "Well this was a fun little date. Shall we head back to the shop?"

Spoiler

Foraging:
ID: 221329 | LD: 17 | CD: 1 (Success!)
1 Material Found. No additional materials found.

Ciela gives Wulfrin back the following item:
Crystal | TIER 1 TRINKET | LD III | ID: #205224
[desc.]: a blue crystal. scraps of a larger crafting component.

KnightessCiela | Level 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 32/32| DMG: 5 | MIT: 26 | BLGT: 8 | KEEN: 1 | REC: 1 | THRNS: 18 | LD: 2

+ 8 Foraging EXP
[25/49 EXP] (17+8)

Rank 1 - Novice Forager

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin Felt one more tug at his line before he packed everything away. This whole trip he only seemed to succeed when Ciela was around, not that he was complaining mind you. After collecting his things, Wulfrin swapped back to his combat gear. The trek back to Scalabis was uneventful. Nothing seemed too keen on attacking them this time around. The two made idle chit chat the entire trip. Wulfrin was now certain he had developed some sort of crush on his female companion. She had been even more flirtatious this trip, as if testing the waters and Wulfrin didn't mind it one bit. She made lovely company to have around, and her looks only added to Wulfin's attraction. Something in his mind was screaming not to attempt to start a romance in a virtual game, but something over took that. This wasn't just a game to them. It was just as real as the real world, and for the briefest of moments, he contemplated bringing up the marriage system, but he felt it might have been a bit too fast.

Wulfrin and Solaris waited patiently for Ciela to turn in her quest. While she had her back turned, Wulfrin materialized a full suit of armor. She had come a long way and was about to gain access to the second tier of gear. Wulfrin had come across a suit of heavy armor that would compliment her tanking playstyle. The suit of armor was made of black steel and adorned with countless small spikes around the armor. It radiated a slight heat from it.

"I know it's not flowers," Wulfrin said holding out the armor with a slight blush. "But I came across this a while back and thought it would make a nice "Welcome to Tier 2" gift. It's got a unique enhancement on it, Flame Thorns. If you want when we get to the shop, I can forge you a sword and shield to compliment it." He kissed her forehead as she talked about enjoying the date. "I agree it has been a wonderful first date."

Fishing Attempt
ID: 221326 | CD 9 | Success | LD 18 | Chest Found

+1 Material

Opening Chest
ID 221327 | LD 17+2=19
Items
Unidentified T2 Perfect Weapon [221327a] [221327b]
Unidentified T2 Rare Weapon [221327c]

+21 Fishing EXP

THREAD CLOSING

KnightessCiela Receives
636 EXP { ([4,801]/10*1*0.7) + [300] Quest }
25 Foraging EXP
6 Materials: {[2] Foraging + 4 [Gift From Wulfrin]}

Unlock <<Training Your Friend>>

Item: (Gift from Wulfrin)
Duergar Battle Plate | [#220061d] | TIER 2 PERFECT HEAVY ARMOR | Flame Thorns, MIT, Thorns
[desc.]: Forged deep below the surface, this black steel plate armor is fashioned with various spikes making it a guarantee that attacks will hurt the attacker more than you.

Wulfrin Receives
672 EXP { ([4,801]/10*2*0.7) }
72 Fishing EXP
3,024 Col [ 3,024 (loot) + 0 (1 page) ]
Unidentified T2 Perfect Armor/Shield [221155a] [221323a]
Unidentified T2 Rare Armor/Shield [221155b] [221323b]
Unidentified T2 Perfect Weapon [221327a] [221327b]
Unidentified T2 Rare Weapon [221327c]

Edited by Wulfrin