[F02 | SP] Stone Reflection | <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Posted (edited)

Her hand impacted the rock, but she felt something off as it struck. Her eyes glanced down in time to watch as her palm slipped off the side of the rock, the power of her strike entirely lost as the momentum carried it along the curvature and away. In response, she felt a smarting pain shoot up her wrist as the impact reached her elbow, and she pulled her arm back, nursing it slightly as she confirmed that it hadn't broken. It was a natural action, even if she knew it was unlikely to happen within the game setting itself - at least, she'd never seen anyone else break a bone within the game. 

Well, it looks to be okay. Definitely hurts though...should try not to do that again. She gave it a quick stretch, moving it around to make sure that it was truly okay, before pulling back into her ready stance and facing the boulder once more. As much as the false strike had been painful, she knew she wasn't done quite yet. The boulder still had only superficial cracks in it, which meant that Nymoria was only just getting started - a fact that she wasn't going to let slide. I'm here until it's done. Then I get to leave, so let's do this...quickly would be nice, but let's just get it done.

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 11 | P. 0 | HP [220/220] | EN [38/40] | ACC [3] | DMG [11] | MIT [14] | BH [+6] | +1 EN | -1 EN
Boulder | HP: 42/75 | EVA: -2
ID222777 | BD: 4+5=9 | CD: 11 | LD: 5 | <<Punch Rock>> | Hit: 11 damage

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

As another small crack appeared in the boulder, Nymoria found herself smiling again. The movement, her constant bouncing and lunging, had pulled Musei from her pocket and up to her shoulder, his claws digging into the cloth of her shirt as he struggled to hold on. As she'd come closer to the boulder, her movements bringing him into a range with which he could jump, he moved from her shoulder and onto the boulder itself, spinning in a circle as he took in what she had done, before settling to face her. She pulled back a bit, wondering whether it was safe to continue striking the boulder if he had remained on top of it. 

Move. You're in the way. She signed to the weasel, trying to get him to get off the boulder. His stubbornness, however, became apparent as he slapped his tail against it in defiance. Frowning slightly, from a combination of worry about his safety, as well as annoyance at his behaviour, she found her hands moving again in the motion of the signs, trying to convince him off the boulder. If you won't move, I might hit you. You might get hurt. Do you want to get hurt?

The silent beady eyes stared back at her, as if daring her to try and hit him. She waited a few seconds, staring into the eyes of her weasel companion, to see if he would move out of the way. It became apparently, however, that he had no intention of leaving the spot he had settled into. Sighing softly, she decided there was nothing else to do. Squaring up to the boulder again, she brought her hands up in preparation, breathing softly as she thought to herself. Alright. Don't blame me if you get hit, though...

Combat

Nymoria | Lv. 11 | P. 0 | HP [220/220] | EN [38/40] | ACC [3] | DMG [11] | MIT [14] | BH [+6] | +1 EN | -1 EN
Boulder | HP: 29/75 | EVA: -2
ID222779 | BD: 10+5=15 | CD: 11 | LD: 17 | <<Punch Rock>> | Hit: [11+2] = 13 damage

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

The weasel leapt to the side as her palm slammed into the rock once more, causing a large superficial crack to appear along the upper most portion of the large boulder. Although her strike had been nowhere near the weasel - she'd taken time and effort to aim well enough to avoid hitting him - she was happy to see that he had taken the smart move to jump aside just in case. Nodding to Musei, she checked to make sure that the weasel was actually okay, smiling as he settled back down on top of the rock and stared at her once more, his forelegs up in the air as he sat and waited for her to repeat her action.

He's taunting me. He's taunting me so that I focus better. He's trying to help me... She felt a moment of pure love for the weasel as she came to the realisation of what it was trying to do for her. It had known that it couldn't do anything to help break the boulder, it wasn't strong enough and Nymoria doubted that the quest would allow it's interference even if it was, so Musei had instead chosen to do the one thing that it could do. Sit upon the rock, and cheer her on when she did well, or force her to try harder if she failed. He really is too good for me, this little furry friend of mine.

Suddenly determined not to fail the weasel, she reset her stance and pulled up her hands in preparation once more. She slowed her breathing, trying to calm her muscles and mind as she prepared for yet another attack against the thing. I'm no longer just doing this for myself. I need to remember that fact.

Combat

Boulder | HP: 18/75 | EVA: -2
ID222782 | BD: 6+5=11 | CD: 9 | LD: 10 | <<Punch Rock>> | Hit: 11 damage

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

The crack had expanded to the point where it was no longer simple a superficial blemish upon the surface. Nymoria could see where it stretched not only to the core, but the opposite side of the boulder. A small filter of light that seemed to beckon her towards the finality. Her excitement had been building with each successful hit, and as Nymoria saw the small sliver of light peaking through the boulder, she found her elation reaching levels that she had never let it reach before. She knew, deep within herself, that it was dangerous to get her hopes up so much, and yet she found herself unable to keep from bouncing on her toes in preparation and pure energy. 

Atop the boulder, Musei had returned to it's seated position and was staring at her with a knowing, calm look. It's controlled expression was a clear message attempting to remind Nymoria that she wasn't done yet, and that she needed to focus on the task ahead of her before she let it all slip out of her grasp. I know, I know. But...it's hard. She gave a knowing nod to the weasel, thankful that he was there to anchor her as much as he possibly could, before forcing herself to shake out the excitement. It would do her no good to become overwhelmed by the emotions coursing through her, and end up missing her next strike and only delaying her success.

Letting out a deep breath, she forced herself to focus on calming, before eventually setting herself up in front of it once more. A couple more proper strikes, and this entire thing may be complete. Maybe I can do this after all.

Combat

Boulder | HP: 2/75 | EVA: -2
ID222783 | BD: 7+5=12 | CD: 12 | LD: 3 | <<Punch Rock>> | Hit: 16 damage

Edited by Nymoria
Posted (edited)

It split with a sudden vibration, the boulder collapsing to either side as Nymoria stood before it, her arms pulled back and a look of surprise upon her face. She turned, after a few seconds, to face the Master of Martial Arts who had remained standing behind her. As soon as her eyes fell upon him, he gave her a small smile, bowing slightly towards her. In a belated reaction, she returned the gesture before rising and facing him, the elation of the entire event apparent on her face. I did it? I did it. I actually did it! I finished off the quest! Right? She waited for the man to speak, bouncing on the tips of her toes as she fought the urge to rush from the location and return home to prepare herself for more trials.

"Well done, child. You have proven yourself capable. I shall teach you, should you be interested, in a few techniques that you may find beneficial for your continued adventures. In time, perhaps, you may even be able to call yourself a martial arts master in truth." The man moved away from Nymoria, and she saw an alert notice appear before her, confirming that she had unlocked both the martial arts skill, as well as the tech arts used for attack multiple attacks at once. Her eyes read over the skill, and she found new excitement at the discovery. An area effect that hits up to four targets, and not only that it stuns them. It's similar to the group attacks I already use, but has the added benefit of stunning them. Sure, it does less damage, but...oh this is awesome. This was worth it.

Her smile spread broadly as she turned away from the boulder and began her path back out of the temple. With the quest completed she wanted nothing more than to get back to the inn and relax. Already she could feel her aching muscles protesting, both in response to the activities she had endured since her arrival on the floor, but also in realisation that she still had to climb down the mountain and return to the main settlement before she could actually get back to the bed awaiting her. I wonder how much it would hurt to just roll down all the way...?

Combat

Boulder | HP: 0/75 | EVA: -2
ID222784 | BD: 9+5=14 | CD: 9 | LD: 17 | <<Punch Rock>> | Hit: [11+1] = 12 damage

Thread Summary
Word Count: 8,094
1,918 EXP | 1,618 [8,094/10x2x1] + 300 [Quest]
400 col [Thread Progression]
Unlock <<Martial Arts>> Skill
Unlock <<Tech-F>> Collected Sword Art
Edited by Nymoria