[PP - F01] Twue Wove | <<Making Vows>>

Ciela had managed to wake up before Wulfrin for once, she caught him as he was walking out the front door. "Hey sweetie, we still planning to go to floor one later this afternoon? We have to go talk to that one guy about getting married?" She looked at him, he was probably startled by her being awake this early, but she was so excited. "I'm gonna take a little nap until you're done at the forge at about noon. We can take lunch to go and get it done." As Wulfrin headed out the door, she curled up on the couch and fell asleep. 

A few hours passed and she woke up as the sun shone in her eyes, she got up and went to the kitchen. She prepared a simple lunch of sandwiches and carrot chips. She also packed some homemade restaurant style ranch and packed it in one of the larger tins she had made for her bakery. She usually uses it for cakes. Storing it away in her inventory, she got done before Wulfrin got home and decided she would take another little nap before he got there. She leaned back on the couch and fell asleep, waiting for him to return home.

Spoiler

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

KnightessCiela | Level 13 | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36

Equipment:

Spoiler
  • Honed Longsword | T2 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [220512] | ACC 2 | DMG 1
    [desc.] A simple steel longsword that prioritizes balance over damage. The center piece of the cross guard is the signet of Sentinel Armaments.
  • Duergar Battle Plate | [#220061d] | TIER 2 PERFECT HEAVY ARMOR | Flame Thorns, MIT, Thorns
    [desc.]: Forged deep below the surface, this black steel plate armor is fashioned with various spikes making it a guarantee that attacks will hurt the attacker more than you
  • Sentinel Shield | T2 Perfect Shield | ID [220639] | MIT 2 | Thorns 1
    [desc.] A kite shield emblazoned with the signet of Sentinel Armaments. Enemies will find quite the sting when they collide with this shield.

Skills:

Spoiler

Armor:

Spoiler

R5 Heavy Armor

MIT 25

STEALTH -5

Combat Mastery:

Spoiler

Mitigation

R1 - Novice

6*tier MIT per rank = 6 MIT

Weapon:

Spoiler

R3 Straight Swords

• [x8] ST-I (8 EN) | A single-target sword art.
  • [x11] ST-II (11 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
  • [x7] AOE-I (7 + [2 * targets] EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
  • [x8] TECH-A (9 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.

Other:

• [x8] TECH-F (8+2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.

Addons:

Spoiler

Iron Skin

+15 MIT and +15* Tier HP (30 HP)

Mods:

Spoiler

None Yet

Extra:

Spoiler

R1 Block
Passive, [Requires two Extra Skill slots], Requires an equipped shield. User’s evasion cannot be greater than 0 (can still be negative). Grants 5 mitigation                                              

Battle Ready Inventory:

Spoiler
  • (5) T1 Uncommon Health Potions: Heals 5% of Maximum HP
  • (1) T1 Uncommon Overhealth Potion: Adds 5% of Maximum HP to users Maximum HP for a thread.
  • (1) T1 Rare Health Potion: Heals 10% of maximum HP.
  • (3) Teleport Crystal

9k.png

Edited by KnightessCiela

Wulfrin had a very loose routine every morning. Get up, check gear, and work at the forge. Currently he was planning out the logistics of two big projects. The first of which was designing his tier 4 gear. He had been told not to worry about the price by Freyd, but he was still uncertain as to how well that would work out. He supposed The Whisper had plenty of stuff just laying around and taking up space, and was looking for any excuse to get one more item out of his cluttered inventory. Wulfrin planned to eventually pay him back, but that would likely require a large amount of dungeon grinding, something that right now Wulfrin didn't feel quite comfortable with. Perhaps with the new gear and being at the level cap would ease those issues, as the system would still allow him to progress but the monsters would plateau. That was Wulfrin's theory at least.

The second project was a bit more, lets just say ambitious. Wulfrin was about 90% sure he had found an exploit in the system that would allow him to accumulate the equivalent of a high level quest, but at a much lower level. Not only that, but it had significantly less danger than dungeon grinding despite the treacherous task that it initially appeared to be. The task consisted of going floor by floor and hunting field bosses, essentially making a large scale boss rush that would take him from floor 1 all the way to floor 10. Usually the bosses had a respawning cooldown, but that was supposedly only per boss, meaning that in theory one could floor hop and do a continuous loop of experience that could help him climb the ranks faster. Would it work? Wulfrin wasn't sure, but there was only one way to find out.

Of course this concern of leveling and collecting gear comparable to most of the frontline players was because of the message he had received from Freyd. The Whisper had informed him that The Frontlines were likely going to need his help sooner than expected. This had left Wulfrin neglecting his usually laid back life style on floor 22 in favor of hunting and clearing quests. Ultimately that meant he had forgotten about the little outing he and Ciela had planned many weeks ago.

Wulfrin and Ciela had decided that they both adored each enough to make use of the marriage system. They had already been basically living together despite Ciela not being able to make use of the same benefits as Wulfrin. Ciela mainly crashed on the sofa in his living room, not as comfortable as a bed, but definitely better than the back room of her shop or the dusty bench at his forge. Besides just the genuine love they shared and the housing buffs, the other big selling point was the shared inventory space. This meant they could share items they collected on their travels, such as gear and consumables, a feature Wulfrin greatly desired. It was such a hassle to initiate a trade every time he needed to upgrade his partner's armor.

As he made his way down the stairs, he found an unfamiliar sight. Ciela was already up and moving around the kitchen. Typically she tended to sleep in, often times well past 10:00 or 11:00 am Aincrad Time, but today she was up before he was. Wulfrin like to awake and get to work by 7:00 am, so either she didn't sleep well or she had something important to ask him. Why she couldn't just walk the few yards away to Sentinel Armaments where most of his planning and crafting took place, he didn't know. Her question about the day stopped him mid bite as he dug into the small breakfast she had prepared for him.

"Ah crap," Wulfrin said as he franticly swallowed his meal. "I had totally forgotten that was today. I've been too busy thinking about the frontlines, but yeah we can go today. Sorry, Freyd's message the other day has me flying in autopilot right now. Let me go take care of a couple things at the forge. I'll be back by lunch."

Spoiler

Wulfrin,
Level: 23
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 490/490
EN: 64/64

Stats:
Damage: 17
Mitigation: 66
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 3
Battle Healing: 4
Loot Dice: 2
BLD: 36
REC: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Wolf's Bite T3 Perfect SS ACC BLD 2
Armor: Armored Long Coat T3 Perfect LA MIT 2 REC 1
Misc: Feather T1 Perfect Trinket EVA 3

Custom Skill:

Skills:
Light Armor R5
Straight Sword R5
Searching R2
Battle Healing R1

Active Mods:
Meticulous
Night Vision

Inactive Mods:

Addons:
Stamina
Precision
Ferocity
Resolve

Active Extra Skills:
Concentration

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
ITEM x1
Starter Healing Potions x3
T1 Uncommon Healing Potions x6
Teleportation Crystals x2

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Wulfrin

Before he left, "Sounds good love, I'm gonna take another little nap. I didn't really sleep well last night." She fell back asleep and before she knew it, the sun began pouring through the curtains. With the sun shining in her eyes, she woke up. She checked the time and it was right before the pair usually have lunch. She sleepily spoke, "Wulfrin should be home soon." She stood up and stretched, raising her arms in the air and let out a groan as if getting rid of her sleepiness. She got ready and walked out the door, their lunch and Perlita in tow. 

As she walked out the door, Wulfrin was waiting for her. "Ready to go?" She grabbed his hand as the pair headed for floor one. "I've been worried about the frontlines too. But we can't let it stress us out too much alright?" She placed a soft kiss upon his cheek. "We also have to enjoy ourselves at some point. Stop and smell the roses y'know?"

They arrived on floor one and Ciela dragged him towards the cathedral. "I'm assuming this is gonna be a wedding planning thing soo... We haven't talked much about that. I assume this NPC will hopefully walk us through it."

Solaris was resting within the flames of Wulfrin's forge. The phoenix that Wulfrin had tamed as a familiar never let the flames die out, so they had a mutual working relationship. The only time those flames went cold was when the two went hunting for long periods of time. The two had become quit ethe efficient hunting pair, able to fell monsters in tandem with relative ease. The sad truth was, Wulfrin did little actual forging these days. Only occasionally would he be approached by a newer player looking for a blade or armor, even rarer a frontliner looking for a small fusion. That meant business was slow. Another reason Wulfrin was looking forward to his union with his favorite knightess, she was a cook. Cooks were rare, yet always in high demand. Wulfrin himself had made a list of items that made Ciela quake in her boots when he had shown her. The only profession that might be in higher demand was an alchemist.

"Well Solaris," Wulfrin said to his phoenix companion snoozing away in the forge's flames. He sat at a small desk he had set up in the far corner where he could draft item designs before putting hammer to steel. "Looks like we are headed to Floor One. I've gotta make some progress first." Lately Wulfrin spent most of his time in the menus of the game. If he was going to be on the frontlines, he had to be sharp. He had to know the system inside and out, nit only that, but he had to decide how his role could evolve in preparation for the upcoming raid. He had devised a plan that went somewhat against his usual playstyle. He couldn't dual wield blades, but there was an option to quickly swap between two. That meant he could commission two blades, one for imparting large amounts of DoT damage and one that would be his main weapon. That main blade was the one he wanted to collect first. After a few hours he put down his charcoal pencil and pad and made his way back to the house. With a whistle Solaris perched on his shoulder.

"Yeah I know," Wulfrin sighed as the two made their way to the Town of Beginnings. "I'll let you take the lead on this one though. You seem to have done more research into this than I have."

"I don't know what you're talking about I totally haven't done any research into this." Her face reddened as she tried to change the subject. As they walked into the Cathedral, she pointed at the priest NPC, the one known as James Aria. "Hi! Are you the one we need to talk to about getting married? We've been toying with the idea." She smiled as she looked at Wulfrin.

James responded to the pair, "So you two wish to be married? That is wonderful to hear! We will need to discuss the details of your wedding such as location, the size of the wedding, food, as well as the wedding rings. I can also help you find someone to wed you, or I could do it myself if you'd like." James smiled at the pair. 

"Well, we've talked about a big wedding, with a bunch of food, and I think we just want the basic rings. We can save the complicated rings for if we ever meet in real life and get married then." She smiled at Wulfrin. 

James responded once more, "Wonderful! Now all that's left is payment. With the packages you're wanting the whole thing comes out to 60,000 Col." James held out his hand in anticipation of payment.

Ciela looked to Wulfrin worriedly, going through her menus frantically. "I-I don't have enough. Do you?"

The cathedral in the Town of Beginnings wasn’t on Wulfrin’s top ten places to visit in Aincrad, but it was still a gorgeous sight to behold. It almost reminded him of the large scale catholic cathedrals in contrived like Rome. That was fitting considering most evidence pointed to Aincrad taking much of its inspiration from cultures around the world. He had been to floors dedicated almost entirely to Greek and Roman times. 

Obviously Ciela was being sarcastic with her statement on how little research she had done. Clearly she knew plenty. She walked right up to the NPC dressed as a catholic priest, though Wulfrin thought he looked a bit young for the part. James and Ciela wasted no time discussing the cost before all eyes fell on Wulfrin. 

“Yeah that’s fine I suppose,” Wulfrin said with a sigh as he scrolled through his hoard of an inventory. He really needed to declutter it, or at the very least organize it. “I was saving to do a large scale remodel of the estate, so you can take advantage of your new home. Just means I’ll need to recoup the funds via some mob hunting.” He materialized a hefty sack of coins and placed it in Ciela’s hands. “Sixty thou as requested dear. I almost died for that Col try not to spend it all in one place.”

Edited by Wulfrin

Ciela gave Wulfrin a look, with that look she said we are talking about that statement later. "Payment as requested James! I believe we are having Wulfrin's mentor Freyd officiate so we won't need your services in that department."

As the payment gets handed to James, the info panel pops up before the two of them stating that they completed the quest and alerted them that they were now available to partake in the saying vows quest.

With everything now in place Ciela walked out of the cathedral holding Wulfrin's hand. Ciela led Wulfrin out of the town of beginnings once more, and materialized a blanket and placed it on the ground. She then materialized a little basket and inside was a larger tin from her bakery. She handed him the sandwich she made him for lunch as well as his carrot chips and ranch. "Figured we could have a picnic for lunch." She began chowing down, "Well, what I'd consider the biggest part of us getting married is done now, how do you feel?"

"About sixty thousand col poorer," Wulfrin said with a chuckle as he sat down on the sprawled blanket. "Honestly though that was a lot easier than it would be in real life. Also way cheaper. I wish I could go and kill wild hogs for an afternoon and come home with a couple grand in cash."

Wulfrin lay on the blanket staring up at the floor above them. The experiences of Sword Art Online never ceased to amaze him. Two years ago, he logged into a game he thought would be a fun little get away from the monotony of his real life. Then came the announcement signifying that this world was his new reality. A few months ago he finally got the courage to venture out. He left the Town of Beginnings and found Freyd. Now he was finding love just before the next raid. It felt like he was going to war, and he was preparing to marry in the event of his unlikely death. He was patiently waiting for the small picnic to be finished setting up. All teh while staring off dreaming of how his life has changed over the past stretch of time.

"Do you really think this could extend to the real world?" He asked with a sigh. "Because I don't know about you, but I don't want this to end."

Ciela rested on the blanket next to him, resting her head on his chest. "I think we could work in real life. To be honest, I'm quite stubborn in real life. I don't like to give things up that easily. You're definitely one of the things I would put up a fight for."

She thought about the journey she'd been on since Aincrad began and what went on before she'd met Wulfrin. For a while she was sleeping in random houses or even the benches in the town of beginnings. She'd slept near the cathedral for a while there, which is how she was knowledgeable about the pricing with the different packages offered by the system. She'd heard so many players come in and out of the cathedral and would congratulate them as they exited. That was one of her favorite ways to pass the time, watching people be happy. She couldn't believe she'd found her own happiness just months after leaving the town of beginnings. She believed it to be fate. Had she never bought this game and the nervegear, she would've never met Wulfrin. She would've never known actual love. 

She snuggled up closer to him after her thoughts and whispered almost tearfully, "I really don't wanna lose you."

"My username is pretty much the same everywhere," He said as he gently ran his fingers through her copper hair. "Message me when we get out of this virtual prison and we can try and meet up."

When they get out. The thought had come almost naturally to Wulfrin. Up until recently, he had all but resigned himself to believe he would die in here. Now he had something to fight for, beyond just going home. Sure he had family waiting for him to logout and remove the literal microwave from his head, but he had spent so long without them, that he was beginning to forget who he was out there. It was probably for the best. This experience in SAO had forced him to cast aside the strong divide between avatar and player. This death game had forced him to finally figure out the secret to his two sides living in harmony. However, with the looming raid on the Floor 28 boss and the eerie message form Freyd that had sparked his last several weeks of grinding, Wulfrin felt that desire to hide away and weather the storm from the comfort of his home creeping back in. he quickly shook the thought from his head. He was a fighter, a soldier. He had to take up his blade for the countless other players that couldn't take one up themselves.

"What do you say we celebrate our proper engagement with some mob grinding?" Wulfrin said as his partner lay on his chest on the verge of sleep. "if we're lucky we might be able to break even on the Col I just dropped on this wedding. I hope the raid group enjoys the meal."

Posted (edited)

Ciela excitedly finished her lunch and handed Wulfrin his lunch. "Hurry and eat. Gotta keep our energy up for the fight!" She immediately got up and waited for Wulfrin to finish eating. 

As Wulfrin finished eating, she packed away the blanket and basket. She grabbed his hand and ran off toward a pack of wolves. "It's go time. I'll go first!" She prepared her sword art and with the assistance of the system, hopped over the pack of wolves and swiped at them all. She managed to hit all but one. She pointed at the one she missed. "No biggie. You'll be next, pupper." She realized after she finished her attack that she managed to stun the ones she hit. "Look baby! I stunned them! Punching that dumb rock paid off!" She smiled at him.

She hopped backward, flanking the four wolves with Wulfrin. "Give em hell baby." She cheered her sparkling future husband on with love overflowing in the words she spoke.

Spoiler

Post Action: TECH-F [x8 DMG] (8+[2*4]=16 EN)
Free Action:

Attack vs Wolf 1:
ID: 222891 | BD: 1 + (ACC 2) = 3 | DMG: 0 (Critical Fail.)
ID: 222892 | BD: 4 + (ACC 2) = 6 | DMG: (8*8) 64
ID: 222893 | BD: 8 + (ACC 2) = 10 | DMG: (8*8) 64
ID: 222894 | BD: 10 + (ACC 2) = 12 (+2 DMG CRIT) | (10*8) DMG: 80

KnightessCiela | Level 13 | HP: 290/290 | EN: 28/44 (44-16) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36
Wulfrin | Level: 23 | HP: 490/490 | EN: 64/64 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

[0,0] Wolf | HP: 276/276 | DMG: 92
[1,0] Wolf | HP: 212/276 (276-64) | DMG: 92 | STUNNED
[1,0] Wolf | HP: 212/276 (276-64) | DMG: 92 | STUNNED
[2,0] Wolf | HP: 196/276 (276-80) | DMG: 92 | STUNNED

Edited by KnightessCiela

Just as quickly as it was handed out, lunch was brough to an end. While it was true Wulfrin was eager to recuperate the massive blow to his pocket book that was a wedding befitting a raid group, he still wanted to take the time to enjoy the meticulously prepared meal of his beloved. Her cooking never ceased to amaze him. it seemed like everyday she was developing some formula to recreate a new flavor from the real world. Her food was infinitesimally better than anything an NPC could produce, and it only got better the more she practiced within the kitchen of Fondante's Inferno. Wulfrin had been pressing more and more for her to branch out and sell more than just pastries, but she seemed keen on maintaining her living as a baker.

"Why the rush?" Wulfrin said as he hurriedly gulped down the last of his sandwich. He never got an answer as Ciela had already leapt into action against a pack of wolves.

Ciela had grown bold, offering to be the first into the fray. Wulfrin knew the beasties wouldn't do much to her should they for whatever reason make it past their combined onslaught. What impressed him the most was her choice in attack strategy. Like Wulfrin he had done so many times in the past, she leapt in and stunned a good portion of the wolves. Her attacks didn't put a super large dent in the HP of their four legged foes, but it did provide the much appreciated stun. Well except for one of the wolves that managed to dip out of the way.

In a streak of crimson and fire, Wulfrin and Solaris charged into the fray. Wulfrin started with the one that had avoided Ciela's blow. That was his primary target, as he had to make up for the lost damage. With precise accuracy, Wulfrin completed his Horizontal Square Sword Art and as the holographic cerulean square faded, one of the wolves shattered into a million tiny fractals. The wolf that had remained unaffected by Ciela charged Wulfrin attempting to tackle him to the ground. Wulfrin simply rolled out of the way and began to casually walk away from the fight as if it was already over.

"All yours," Wulfrin said as he scrolled through his inventory. "You can mop them up. I'm gunna eat me a snack."

Spoiler

Post Action: AoE-I (x11, 19 EN) -3 (Rested(2/2), Stamina) = 16 EN
Free Action: Rending Familiar [7*3] = 21 DMG to Wolf 1

Attack vs Wolves:
ID: 222898 | BD: 10 (+2 DMG)  | CD: 5 | DMG: 209 to Wolf 1 (19x11) | Bleed Proc
ID: 222899 | BD: 3+3 = 6 (hit) | DMG: 187 to Wolf 2 (17x11)
ID: 222900 | BD: 4+3 = 7 (hit) | DMG: 187 to wolf 3 (17x11)
ID: 222901 | BD: 9 (+1 DMG) | DMG: 198 to Wolf 4 (18x11) | Bleed Proc

KnightessCiela | Level 13 | HP: 290/290 | EN: 28/44 (44-16) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36
Wulfrin | Level: 23 | HP: 490/490 | EN: 48/64 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

[0,2] Wolf 1 | HP: 46/276 (276-230) | DMG: 92 | BLD 36 (0/2)
[1,1Wolf 2 | HP: 25/276 (212-187) | DMG: 92 | STUNNED
[1,1] Wolf 3 | HP: 25/276 (212-187) | DMG: 92 | STUNNED
[2,2Wolf 4 | HP: 0/276 (196-198) | DMG: 92 | STUNNED Dead

Wolves Turns

Wolf 1 attacks Wulfrin. Wolf 1 takes 36 Bleed damage
Wolves 2 and 3 are stunned. Stun Fades
Wolf 4 is dead

Wolf 1 vs Wulfrn
ID: 222902 | MD: 4-2=2 miss

Wulfrin | Level: 23 | HP: 490/490 | EN: 48/64 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

[0,2] Wolf 1 | HP: 10/276 (46-36) | DMG: 92 | BLD 36 (1/2)
[1,1Wolf 2 | HP: 25/276 | DMG: 92 | P.StunImm.(1/3)
[1,1] Wolf 3 | HP: 25/276 | DMG: 92 | P.StunImm.(1/3)

Looting Wolf 4
ID 222903 | CD 9 | LD 11

1,449 Col ([276*5 - incl HPx2 loot reward] + 5% Col Stash)
4 Materials (CD+LD odd)
Unidentified T3 Rare Armor/Shield 222903

Loot/Reward Totals

Spoiler

Wulfrin:
1,449 Col
4 Mats

KnightessCiela:

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

As Wulfrin killed one of the wolves, Ciela began to prepare her next attack. Her strategy wasn't doing more damage, but to spread the damage around to each wolf. The more wolves she hit the better. She activated her AoE sword art and performed a swipe attack at the wolves. She'd hoped they were distracted enough by Wulfrin's attack that she could claim the killing blow.

Two of the wolves exploded into a million tiny fractals, but one remained. It was ever so close to death had it not dodged her attack. She swiped away the loot menu and continued to pay attention to the combat. Since she and Wulfrin were flanking the now lone wolf, this combat would be a breeze. 

She got into position and waited for her next attack in case Wulfrin managed to miss. "You got this. I believe in you." She cheered him on once more. 

Spoiler

Post Action: AOE-I vs Wolves [x7] (7+[2*3]=13 EN)
Free Action: N/A

KnightessCiela regains 2 EN

KnightessCiela vs Wolves:
ID: 222937 | BD: 10 (+2 ACC)= 12 (+2 DMG Crit)| DMG: 70 (8+2[*7])
ID: 222939 | BD: 1 (+2 ACC)= 3| DMG: 0
ID: 222940 | BD: 7 (+2 ACC)= 9 | DMG: 56 (7*8)

KnightessCiela | Level 13 | HP: 290/290 | EN: 17/44 (30-13) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36
Wulfrin | Level: 23 | HP: 490/490 | EN: 48/64 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

[2,2] Wolf 1 | HP0/276 (10-70) | DMG: 92 | BLD 36 (1/2) Dead
[1,1Wolf 2 | HP25/276 | DMG: 92 | P.StunImm.(1/3)
[1,1] Wolf 3 | HP0/276 (25-56) | DMG: 92 | P.StunImm.(1/3) Dead
[2,2Wolf 4 | HP0/276 | DMG: 92 | STUNNED Dead

Spoiler

Looting Wolves:

Wolf 1: Total Col | 2
ID: 222941 | CD: 2 | LD: 12
Col Dropped: 828 Col

Even CD and LD
552 (CD) + 552 (LD)
1,104 Col

T3 Rare Trinket: 222941-A

Wolf 2:
ID: 222942 | CD: 8 | LD: 2
Col Dropped: 828 Col

Even CD and LD
552 (CD) + 552 (LD)
1,104 Col

Spoiler

Wulfrin:
1,449 Col
4 Mats

KnightessCiela:
3,864 Col

Edited by KnightessCiela

Everything was going smoothly. The two of them worked well together, so well that Wulfrin let his guard down almost entirely. He unwrapped a fresh donut that had been prepared for him a while back. he kept a nice little stash of all the discarded and non-stat boosting snacks that his sparkling future wife would simply throw out. He listened intently to the battle raging behind him. It was going well, Ciela had the wolves on the run and his attack had softened them up enough she could easily dispatch them. He heard the sound of Ciela's Sword art finding its mark, but there were only two sounds fo shattering mobs. He nonchalantly pivoted, mouth full of his tasty snack.

Ciela appeared to have missed one of the targets. With a shrug he scarfed down the last of his pastry and retrieved the sword he had planted in the ground. With little effort he stepped up to the lone remaining wolf and raised his sword in the air. The blade began to shine with an emerald light as he brought it to bear against the wolf's hide. There was nothing left once the dust cleared save the remnants of the wolf that had shattered into fragments of light.

"There we go," Wulfrin said as he returned his blade to its scabbard. "All wrapped up. What's next? Another group perhaps?"

Spoiler

Recovery Roll:
ID 222945 | CD 7 | +3 EN
Wulfrin regains 6 EN
Cooldowns:
Rending Familiar (1/5)

Post Action: ST-I (x12, 12 EN) -3 (Rested(1/2), Stamina) = 9 EN
Free Action: None

Wulfrin vs Wolf 2
ID 222944 | BD 9 (+1 DMG) | Do I really need to do this calc? Its dead af. DMG (18*12) = 216 to Wolf 2 | Bleed Proc doesn't matter its hella dead.

KnightessCiela | Level 13 | HP: 290/290 | EN: 15/44 (28-13) | DMG: 8 | MIT: 91 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 36
Wulfrin | Level: 23 | HP: 490/490 | EN: 48/64 | DMG: 17 | MIT: 66 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 36 | REC: 3

[1,3Wolf 2 | HP-191/276 (25 - 216) | DMG: 92 | P.StunImm.(1/3) | Bleed (0/2) -36hp DEAD

Looting Wolf 2
ID 222946 | CD 11 | LD 7+2= 9
+4 Mats (LD and CD odd)
+1159 Col (276*4 - incl additional HP from loot roll. + 5% Col Stash)
Rare T3 Trinket 222946

Loot/Reward Totals

Spoiler

Wulfrin:
2,608 Col
8 Mats
Unidentified T3 Rare Trinket 222946

KnightessCiela:
3,864 Col

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

"My energy is a tad low to go again. But if you want to, give me a second to recuperate. I'll let you start this next one." She puts away her sword and bridges the gap between the two. She became flustered for a moment, "Also, sorry I rushed you through lunch.. I just... I got really excited." Without thinking Ciela goes to bury her face against Wulfrin's chest so she could give and receive a hug. Ciela collided with Wulfrin's chest plate and immediately regretted the decision. Thankfully the pain wasn't awful due to the pain absorbers of the system but it still shot through her face. It felt like a duller version of when you touch something metal and static electricity shoots through your body. "...oww..." 

Ciela looks at Wulfrin tearfully. "That's what I get for going for a hug..." She rubbed her face and sniffled. She continued to feel the tears well up in her eyes and began to wipe the tears away to no avail.

Spoiler

KnightessCiela regains 1 EN

Edited by KnightessCiela

With two quick motions, the coat and armor vanished leaving be hind his simple black tunic. Gently he pressed her leaking face into his now unarmored chest. He wrapped his arms around her lovingly and began to run his fingers through her copper hair. The moment was peaceful and romantic. The two had gone through a lot together in the short time they had known each other. Now they stood together waiting for that fated day when they would be called to serve on the frontlines. Wulfrin didn't want it to end but after a while he released her and wiped the last of her tears from her face.

"Next time," Wulfrin sighed. "Try not to head but the obvious metal chest plate. Okay?"

Wulfrin took her hand and began to lead the two to a familiar place, the same clearing where Wulfrin spent most of his time fishing with newbies. Seeing his partner's low energy, monster hunting probably wasn't the best idea. Instead he materialized two wooded stools and set up to fish by the river.

"I've kinda made a deal with an appraiser," Wulfrin said as his bobber plopped onto the river. "I supply him with items, and he junks my items without taking a cut. Figured if I'm just going to throw them out might as well do so. He even offered me a discount on identifications."

Energy Recovery: +1 EN (post 1/2)

Spoiler

Fishing Attempt | Rank 3
Success CD 6+ 
Chest LD 10+ | +2 LD When Opening Chest +2 EXP per attempt

ID: 222959 | CD: 4 | LD: 8
Nothing Found

Results:
+5 Fishing Exp

Loot/Rewards

Spoiler

Wulfrin:
2,608 Col
8 Mats
5 Fishing Exp

KnightessCiela:
3,864 Col

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

She became flustered as her face pressed up against his chest and he ran his fingers through her hair. His hug was so comforting. "I-I didn't mean to. I just got really excited..." She said still burying her face up against his chest. She could stay like this forever. She truly didn't want it to end.

Ciela thought about what was to come. The wedding and probably immediately after they'd get called to the frontlines. She worried about if she'd be strong enough to even be on the frontlines in time. As Wulfrin released her and wiped her tears she asked, "What if I'm not strong enough to be on the frontlines? I'm planning on doing a solo quest but I need to skyrocket in levels before I'm on the level of Freyd or Morningstar."

She played with her hair nervously until Wulfrin grabbed her hand, leading her to his fishing spot. Wulfrin materialized some stools for the two and Ciela took a seat. She watched as he fished. "Oh an appraiser? Is it Morningstar or a different player? Either way that's a pretty good deal."

She looked for some materials. They weren't fighting again until her energy regenerated. The energy cost for the AOE sword arts really tapped her energy wise. "Well... maybe we can hunt more powerful monsters? To help recoup the col we spent?"

Spoiler

Foraging:

ID: 222978 | CD: 8 | LD: 17
+2 Materials Found! (Critical Forage)

+8 Foraging EXP

Spoiler

KnightessCiela gains 1 EN

Recovery Post (2/3)

Spoiler

Wulfrin:
2,608 Col
8 Mats
5 Fishing Exp

KnightessCiela:
3,864 Col
2 Mats
8 Foraging EXP

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Mob grinding date it is then," Wulfrin chuckled. "Those AoE skills can be absolute energy guzzlers. There might be some add-ons and mods you can get that help reduce the costs. Having a comfortable bed to sleep in helps too." Wulfrin immediately started to back pedal. "I - I  didn't mean to rub it in your face."

Was it maybe a bit preemptive? Probably. He didn't even know if she was going to take the unintentionally harsh remark about sleeping conditions the wrong way or not. He decided to play it safe and apologize before she could snap back at him. He had seen her fiery temper, and would rather not be on the receiving end. He turned his attention back to his task at hand. Immediately his mind went to planning their now established date. Together they would start on floor one and defeat the field boss and what ever mobs got in their way. They might even do some treasure hunting whilst they were killing time. Afterwards they could go up a floor and continue the cycle until they decided they had enough for one day.

"So the field boss on this floor drops an item beneficial to you as it can help generate hate," Wulfrin started to run down his plan. "Our weapons and stats will be locked to Rank 1 as well as our sword arts, so not only do we have a large pool of health, but we'll see our energy last a bit longer too."

Wulfrin is at full energy
Rending Familiar cooldown (3/5)

Spoiler

Fishing Attempt | Rank 3
Success CD 6+ 
Chest LD 10+ | +2 LD When Opening Chest +2 EXP per attempt

ID: 222983 | CD: 11 | LD: 5
Success

Results:
+1 Material
+10 Fishing Exp

Loot/Reward Totals

Spoiler

Wulfrin:
2,608 Col
9 Mats
13 Fishing Exp

KnightessCiela:
3,864 Col
2 Mats
8 Foraging EXP

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Ciela nodded, "But at least damage is spread around." She looked at her feet as she splished and splashed her feet on the surface of the water. She giggled at his statement that he misspoke and decided to use it as a moment to tease him.

Ciela elbowed Wulfrin playfully. She smirked and winked at him. "Soon it'll be my bed too. We're gonna be sharing that bed before too long." She continued splashing her feet on the surface of the water. She grabbed a stick off the ground nearby and she used it to lazily search for materials.

"Well my energy is pretty much full, shall we? If we're forced back to rank 1 does that mean my mitigation will be pitiful once more?" She shuddered at the thought. If that's the case she was glad that her large pool of hit points would stay. Although she was excited that her energy would last a tad bit longer.

KnightessCiela is at full energy.

Spoiler

Foraging:

ID: 222988 | CD: 9 | LD: 2
0 Mats Found

+3 Foraging EXP

Spoiler

Wulfrin:
2,608 Col
9 Mats
13 Fishing Exp

KnightessCiela:
3,864 Col
2 Mats
8 Foraging EXP

Edited by KnightessCiela

"Let's get going then," Wulfrin said as he put his fishing gear away. "The Nepent Forest is a ways from here. You wont have to worry too much. It's true your armor will scale down to Tier 1 but you should still have plenty of mitigation to tank the hits."

The trip to the Nepent Forest was not very long. It was located closer to the village of Horunka. There used to be a quest located there that granted players a weapon, Anneal Blade. Unfortunately that quest had long since vanished from the directory. Now there was little reason to travel to the small village outside of a rest point before going into the forest itself. The forest was denser than their little pocket of safety by the river. Sounds of predators prowling and howling could be heard. Wulfrin steered them away from the immediate threats, making sure to preserve as much of their energy as they could.

"Here's the plan," Wulfrin said in a hushed tone as they approached a large clearing, very obviously the boss arena. "Let me take point. You'll have more mitigation than I do, and even though we both have the health to take multiple hits from this thing, it will be in our best interest to have it agro onto you. Helps get the most damage off on the bugger."

The plan conveyed, Wulfrin stepped into the arena triggering the boss fight. He waisted no time drawing his blade and attacking the mutant carnivorous plant that appeared before them. It easily towered about twice as tall as Wulfrin did, but he had fought bigger. Wulfrin took only the briefest of seconds to identify his target's center of mass then charged. In a flash of crimson light, the pommel of his sword was planted firmly at that spot. The freaky plant was sent back staggering on it's legs clearly shook from Wulfrin's blow.

He gave a thumbs up signaling the all clear for Ciela to advance.

Spoiler

Recovery Roll: none
Wulfrin is at full energy
Cooldowns:
Rending Familiar (4/5)

Post Action: Rank 2 Tech-A (x6, 7 EN) -3 (Rested(2/2), Stamina) = 4 EN
Free Action: Concentration (0/5)

Wulfrin vs Nepent Variant
ID: 222990 | BD: 2+1+3 = 6 hit | DMG 14*6 = 84 -10 = 74 to Nepent Variant | Stun Proc

Wulfrin | Level: 23 (Tier Locked: T1) | HP: 490/490 | EN: 60/64 | DMG: 14 | MIT: 42 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | BH: 4 | LD: 2 | BLD: 12 | REC: 1
KnightessCiela | Level 13 (Tier Locked: T1) | HP: 290/290 | EN: 44/44 | DMG: 7 | MIT: 78 | ACC: 2 | FL. THRN: 4 | THRNS: 18

[1,0]Nepent Variant | HP 126/200 | MIT 10 | DMG 25 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 | STUNNED | P.StunImm.(0/3)
Abilities:

• Plant Frenzy | On MD 9-10, the Nepent will strike all party members for 35 DMG.
  • Photosynthesis | On CD 9-12, the Nepent will restore 15 HP and gain 5 MIT until its next turn.
  • Weapon Lock | Only Sword Arts of Rank 2 or lower may be used against this boss.
  • Tier Lock | For the duration of the fight, all of the participants’ stats that scale with Tier are calculated as though they’re Tier 1. [DMG/MIT/BLEED enhancements etc.]

Edited by Wulfrin