[PPFL3] Chance Meeting!/Recruitment [Clarence]

It had been awhile since he had been. Cindel had been close to his side since the very get go and he had met valuable people on his travels. It had been just recent though that they had decided to join up in arms and form a guild. He was proud of this small guild and would hope it would branch out.

Klein was standing on top of a hill that overlooked the area below. He simply tilted his head letting the breeze wash him over. The game mechanics were too life like to tell the difference of being virtual or reality. He took a deep breath inhaling that fresh air." Okay.." He said to himself. " Today is gonna be a good day." He tighten his trademark bandanna and basked in the sun.

It was to long of a time that I had not been on Floor 3. With exploring Floor 9 with Miaki and many others, and walking around on the fourth floor exploring more, I haven't branched out to other floors, so that is why I was here today, to get out more. I feel a cool breeze wash over me and I look at the field in-front of me, a hill just to my back.If only real life was like this, maybe I would actually enjoy it. I let the thought slip by as I slowly walk through the tall grass, flowers, grain, and other plants. I feel my hand touch the top of a growing sunflower lightly and I smile a bit, loving these calm moments.

He closed his eyes and took in the moment. Too bad he was standing on a slope. It wasn't long til he slipped and went tumbling down the hillside. All you could hear was a partial swear word coming out of his mouth." SHHHHIIIII" The rest of the word was muffled as he slammed into the ground face first in front of Clarence.

He groaned as he rubbed his face and looked around hoping no one had seen his graceful fall. He stared directly into the purple eyes of Clarence. His lips formed a smile and he placed his hand behind his head." Damn... sorry you had to see that."

I was strolling a little slower and closed my eyes also,taking in the feeling of absolute freedom in a prison like game, but then some one came tumbling down.I hop back immediately, saving the man from crashing into my legs and getting the bottom half of a sheath in the face. I look down and smile at the man who fell as he looks into my eyes and smiles."Looks like you really fell for me."I smile brightly and extend my gloved hand to him."I'm Clarence By the way, who are you?" I ask, looking into the man's brown eyes.

"Guess I did!" He laughed and grabbed the man's hand. He pulled himself to a stable vertical position and dusted the rubble that stuck to his armor. Gaze was given once again to the man making constant eye contact."My name is Klein. Or you can call me Captain Klutz. " Seemed Cindel was rubbing off on him as he made fun of himself. He shook the hand and then let go.

He noticed another orange marker. Earlier , he had met Ruri who didn't seem to harm him so again he dismissed the status. People held terrible secrets..including himself. " A pleasure to meet you , Clarence. Whatcha doing out here by yourself ?" Klein had a knack for being too forward or nosy."

I help pull the man up to a standing position and I give him a quick once over, my eyes moving from our gaze for a second before returning to staring."Well Captain Klutz, it is a pleasure to meet you also." I smile and shake his hand, noticing his firm grip before letting go.Klein... cool name. I think about his name as he asks me a question."What I'm doing out here by myself? Just walking around, haven't really been on this floor a-lot, and no one to really hang out with. what about you Klein, what brought you to come crashing down in-front of me?" I smile a bit stretching my arms upwards.

He shrugged." I was exploring the place for a proper place to train with my guild. Then I got caught up in the moment with the breeze and...well you know the rest." He gave a slight chuckle." We can change that. We can hang out if you'd like. I'm a good guy I swear."

Right hand raised like he was in court and a cheesy smile graced his features." You can show me around since I'm a bit new at this around here. Deal?" A trade for company for a tour seemed decent.

I yawn slightly as he makes the proposition and I smile lightly."You want to hang out with me in exchange I show you around. Hmmm, you're lucky you're cute." I laugh a bit as I start to walk forward, my eyes looking directly into his again."Well come on 'good guy' a deal is a deal." With that, I turn aorund quickly, my hair moving a-bit as I spin. I smile to myself as I continue to stride forward.He seems nice and cool, hopefully a good enough friend at least

Klein had never been called cute before by another man. The way he was being addressed though didn't bother him. Actually, nothing ever phased him. He had accepted long ago that people would be different and that he had no right to judge. At least he was cute. His cheeks began to flush a little red as he hummed along side with Clarence." You are cute too?" It seemed only appropriate to compliment back right?" Lead the way and I shall follow."

My faces turns to a bright shade of red then Klein's at the moment."T-thanks.... so I have a question for you, Would you like to take the more scenic route, or take the monster grinding over hills route? But just saying, the scenic route is more for... couples." i blush again, hoping I'm not giving him the wrong impression of my intentions. I hope he doesn't think of me as some creep, lets just see how this goes. i mean hey, maybe he will be okay with going the scenic route doesn't mean anything would happen. Right? While I am having a mental freak out (they happen a-lot), we are slowly approaching the crossroads of the scenic route and the grinding hills."Your choice Captain." I give a slight smile at that.

He looked at Clarence and shrugged. " I'm not really into fighting at the moment. I like to talk to get to know people better this way. " He looked at the scenic route." Hope your cool with that." A soft smile crossed his face. It was like watching a movie for a date. All you saw was the expression of the persons face instead of getting to know them.

Hands slid in his pockets as he walked ahead of Clarence." It's fine. No one will care if two guys go around right?" He was cool with everything. Klein was just as open as anyone could be.

I start to walk toward the scenic route. the route was littered with trees and had the bluest pond you could ever see. Small gray, brown, and black rabbits, squirrels, and other animals scurried around as players would walk by. The place was a little place to relax from fighting, by yourself or with someone else."Yeah, there isn't really anything to fight over in this part of the floor, pretty relaxing and calm. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to talk with people." I give a soft smile as we approach the beginning area of the place.

I push a branch from in-front of me to the side as Klein puts his hands in his pockets. I hear him say something about people not caring and I smile a bit more."I don't think anyone would actually care. I used to date.... a guy named Sakuri. No one seemed to mind that." I give a sad smile at the thought of Sakuri.

He frowned as Klein had touched a bad nerve. He didn't want to represent himself as one who brings up bad memories. " That's good.. you can be yourself around people you care about. " He looked at him dodging branches and leaves." I won't say or ask for any information." He explained as he crossed a path and looked down the side of the steep overlook." Pretty. You never see this in Tokyo."

I start to smile as Klein doesn't press on about why I was upset."Thank you, very considerate of you." I smile at Klein brightly and duck under a branch."Yeah, I wish that the real world could be this peaceful and pretty. So..... since you want to talk to get to know each other. So tell me a little about yourself Klein." I look at him as I talk, looking into his eyes and waiting for an answer.

" In real life , I'm a nobody. I sit behind a desk at a firm and push papers." He looked at Clarence. " I don't really have much to say really.. I'm an avid puzzle gamer. I love mysteries. I wanted to try this out... and here I am. " He laughed a bit and shrugged." I live by myself and it's a bachelor's pad. I don't deal well with women but just one person has caught my attention or vice versa. " He smiled looking back at him." You?"

I stare sort of surprised at Klein when he said he was a no body."Really? You seem like people would be all over you." I smile a bit and keep walking. I listen to the rest of what Klein said and I begin to talk, wiping hair out of my eyes. I stretch upwards, my shirt riding up a bit."Things about me? Not much to know also. I'm 16. I lived in a orphanage for most of my life. I love reading, music, hanging out with cool people, and the color turquoise. I joined this game to get away from a-lot of bad things in my life and I'm pretty happy with the people I've met." I smile and bit and look away a bit."Someone caught your eye? If you don't mind me asking... who?" I ask and walk a little faster, walking right next to Klein.

A slight chuckle was heard at his interest in who had caught his attention." My vice.. she's definitely something." He looked at him as he caught up." I generally can't tell what she will do but I think that we are a great pair." He looked away for a moment as his face got red. He was here talking about someone he cared and here Clarence had lost someone. " I apologize. I didn't mean to be inconsiderate with you. 16 huh? I'm 22." He grinned at him.

"Well from how you talk you two would make a great pair." I smile at what he says."Oh stop. You aren't be inconsiderate, it is great to see people happy... You're 22? Cool. Seems like I can only meet older people on this game. Only meet like three people around my age. And what is with the grin?" I laugh lightly at the question as I continue to walk next to him, adjust my shirt a bit.This guy is pretty col.... and what does he mean by Vice? Oh yeah, he said he was in a guild.... Maybe I could join him since Azure brigade..... yeah.

" I remember my younger years. 16 wasn't so bad.. I did some outrageous stuff then. " He smirked mischievously. He then shrugged and looked at the way but unfortunately for him a root was hanging out of the ground. He stepped right into it and ate the side of the tree. A muffled Ouch was heard as he tried to stand up. " Oh..*insert cuss* me..." He muttered standing up again." And that's why they call me Captain Klutz..."

"Really? What outrages stuff did you do when you were 16- oh wow.... you okay Klein?" I wince as Klein smacks right into the side of a large oak tree. I take a couple steps toward him and cross my arms over my chest."Done eating tree so we can move along?" I give a slight laugh as I notice a piece of bark cling to the chest of his clothing."You got something there." I say as I use my hand to wipe of the bark from the tree."I got. So, I'm very curious on what you did when you were 16. Didn't really do much when I turned 16, about two weeks before this game sucked me in. One last thing, are you sure you are 22? You look a little younger then 22, which is a good thing don't get me wrong." I give a slight smile to last part and continue walking, looking over at Klein next to me.