[PP-F5] (Quest) Sand in your shorts?!

It was a hot and muggy day here on floor five. The humid desert weather was nothing but horrible for a day to start off. It was OBSCENELY bright outside and i couldnt take it.

Jeez...sometimes i wish i was a vampire, then i wouldnt have to put up with this i spoke out loud to myself as a shielded my eyes for blinding light of the sun.

I wonder where she is...she's always late...as long as she doesnt do this at the wedding i think we will do just fine i joked to myself looking around the town square.

Hmm i wonder... i sent a quick private message to Dmitri saying thank you for the information about the quest going on today.

Could he have chosen a worse day? I said and took my black jacket off, wrapping it around my waist. The sun seemed to be laughing at me too for wearing black as usual. I haven't been on a floor this..humid..yet. My black pants seemed to be getting hotter with each step I took towards Ryu, I knew he was around here somewhere. I checked the time on my HUD, not that it was accurate really but, I noticed once again I was late. I cringed and sighed at how late I was, almost an hour to be exact, I sprinted forward almost too quickly.

Suddenly i collided with a young body almost unidentifiable at first.

I am absolutely sorry, i should have been watching where i was going i said trying to get up but not being able to see the player with the sun in my eyes.

Once i was up and my back faced the sun to see my wife to be May laying on the ground after our collision. I bent down casting a shadow over her face allowing her to see.

I am absolutely sorry hun, i cant bloody see with this sun effect active...are you okay? i asked reaching my hand out to help her stand. It also seemed that every time i ran into her, she was NEVER wearing any guild colors, not that it mattered to me, but i didnt want her to get scolded if she didnt.

Not wearing the colors again i see i joked with her once more helping her to her feet.

I was too focused on getting there quickly, I didn't pay any attention to my surroundings, or who was in front of me. In an instant, I was knocked off my feet and on the ground by another player. Hey, watch it!- I started but stopped when I noticed it was Ryu. We need to stop meeting like this. I said with a smirk and grabbed his hand, standing up. Yeah, I can't really get along with the weather either. And you know I don't really like the color red and white is really bright.

Well trust me...i know how you feel from experience...havent i told you how my life is in the real world? i said with a little joking sass.

Black on Black is the only way to go when picking out clothes...i dont see it any other way i continued.

I was looking around hoping there was no sandstorms brewing. I didnt want this relationship ruined by a natural disaster, heck i didnt want this relationship to end at all.

One of these days you will have to start wearing the guild uniform all the time...im not risking you getting thrown out or punished because you refused to change colors just for now...once we get out of here, you can wear as much black as you want....just appease Heathcliff for now i pleaded with her

Besides i havent seen how cute YOU look in the outfit i exclaimed to her

And i really wouldnt mind getting to check you out a bit more i said in my own mind

So...are you ready for this quest? i asked her seriously

I folded my arms and shifted my weight to my right foot. It's like I'm addicted to the color it's just that this was the only gear I could find, I like it too. I said, as if I had taken offense to his joke, which I didn't. He again told me about wearing the guild colors, especially in front of Heathcliff. Fine..I'll wear the colors after this when we finish whatever were doing. I said with a sigh. Ryu had told me only minimal information about this grand quest we were going on.

Great...im glad you finally see to reason i smiled at her then kissed her cheek.

Ok well if my information is correct, we need to hike into the desert to find this thing i explained making sure i had the right equipment on.

Are you ready to set off on this adventure or do you need a moment before we leave? i asked her, looking into her eyes

No, I think I'm good. So what kind of thing are we talking about exactly? I'm sure it's a rather big monster or sand boss of some sort since we are headed that way. If I'm correct it will most likely be a bug. I said, starting to walk ahead, trailing off as I got farther from Ryu. The clothes and gear I had on would suffice for now at least, I didn't want to over do it because we were going to burn if we packed ourselves too heavily with equipped gear.

Actually...babe, it not even close to a bug i said catching up and slightly overtaking her.

According to Dmitri, this mini-boss is actually a gigantic Sand Shark i explained.\

But this wasnt entirely about killing a boss hun...trust me i said taking her hand in mine This is mostly about spending much needed time with you, seeing as we dont see each other very much...mostly because you have a social life and get to se all of your friends

I continued to walk with her through the desert, though if i said anything, it wasnt very much. To be honest it seemed more like i was ignoring her and i felt bad that i didnt say much on the trip

A sand shark huh? We'll consider how we are just plain awesome we'll kick it's butt out of here! I said, trying to stay positive. Although in reality I was terrified of water this was in a deser so I should be fine, plus I had Ryu on case I lost myself. Ryu's hand intertwined with mine, it felt nice after not seeing him for a few weeks. Well, i-it's not that.. I only have a lot of people I can count on because I'm working to get strong just like you Ryu! I insert myself in dangerous situations to train as push my limits in this game... I trailed off with a far away look.

You...want to be like me? i asked very curiously almost stopping in my tracks

It nice that you are trying to get strong like me...but in reality...im not that strong May...its the people around me that make me the way i am. I want to protect them...people like you...and the only way to do that...is to remain like stone, hard to break and solid in stance i explained the source of my power to her.

You shouldnt put yourself into those positions to get stronger...sometimes vigilance is a bad thing...i learned that when i realized i was killing some many people in the real world...back when i did that i suddenly had a sad tone in my voice And what happens...if one day...you dont "get stronger" and it kills you...what would i do..without you?

The sad tone didnt last as the ground began to shake and then it faded in the next moment.

We are getting close...we should hurry up before we lose it i still had a hint of sadness as i let go of her hand and ran ahead to try and catch the giant tan fin sticking out of the sand, before it got too far out of sight. I didnt even look back. I was too worried about this in front of me...it was my mission objective. Heathcliff would be monitoring me...not sure how...but i knew he would know somehow.

I felt a pain shoot through my chest when Ryu started to talk about me being in a dangerous situation, what would happen if I died. In truth I wanted to get stronger so I too could protect my friends, so Ryu didn't have to worry about me all the time. Ryu- I said but was cut off by an unusual rumbling on the ground, we had already reached the sand shark. You are strong Ryu, on your own and with me! The fin sticking out of the sand started to flail, the shark was finally deciding to make an appearance. I sprinted past Ryu, refusing to allow him to get hurt first, and jumped off of the sand with my sand above my head. My sword went straight down the middle of the shark.

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 45/50

BD 10+2=12 {-5 damage and paralyze for 2 turns}

(OOC: Dont think the next post is doubled, because i will be also playing as the Shark...who is paralyzed right now)

Suddenly May ran right past me flinging herself into the air. I was not impressed by this...and was honestly disappointed that she continued not listening to me but i wasnt expecting her to change over something so simple as a talk. I unsheathed my katana and ran at the shark but noticed it was sitting above the sand...unmoving, it had been paralyzed by her attack. I lifted the katana to strike attack position.

Roll 3 + 2 = only 5...not good enough.

This was already depressing. I guess the shark would be left to live for another day. I couldnt bring myself to hurt it this time around, or would i be able to hit it at all, it may have been a respawning field boss but this is not what it deserved.

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 45/50 paralyzed 2 turns

With the sudden strike from the feminine player, it suddenly couldnt move as it surfaced the sand. It grew angry as it wiggled its fins around uselessly. It lacked the ability to make noises but if it could have, you can bet your butts it would be growling hardcore right now.

He looked to the male player who suddenly approached him and was angrier that he didnt attack. It flailed its limbs around even more wildly knowing it couldnt do anything. It flopped there before eventually giving up.

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 43/50 Paralyzed 1 turn

(OOC: I am correcting damages, May has a +4 altogether which means she is doing more damage than claimed}

The sand shark that was obviously upset continued to do the same thing, move around in useless motions. It wasn't the best thing I wanted to see right now, it actually disgusted me a little. Instead attacking it like I should have been I stood on the opposite side if he shark wondering what was talking Ryu so long to make his move on it.

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 45/50

BD 2+2=4 {-0 damage)

I noticed May was standing across from me. The gigantic fish flopped about being paralyzed but it couldnt attack or speak, heck it could hardly move.

May...keep it paralyzed...im going....to do what i can i said shyly as i lifted the katana to the body of the shark.

Roll 2+2 = 4 still not good enough

Not strong enough, she was wrong as ever...maybe as always...chose wrong she did. I let my katana ower back to the ground.

Nevermind...just kill it i said taking a few steps back from the flailing fish

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 43/50

It continued flailing about but it was completely useless but it could feel the paralysis finally giving away. Still unable to move the fish continued to flop like it did. Next time around it would attack the girl, the one who hurt him...who made him feel so ridiculous by allowing it to flop around in a paralyzed state...she would pay...and she would pay dearly.

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 43/50

(OOC: I am correcting damages, May has a +4 altogether which means she is doing more damage than claimed}

Ryu wasn't making sense to me, the last time I saw him he was more confident. Right now he seemed out of, I knew something was up. Okay, Ryu...I responded and drove my sword forward but only cutting it's side. The damage I did wasn't very much but it still harmed the sand shark. He said to kill it..I thought, standing in front of the shark, staring at it for a little bit.

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 45/50

BD 5+2=7 {-1 damage}

I wasnt aware of what i was g=doing with the game life, I was so confused but at the same time i wasnt. I looked at the Shark that had gained mobility but it wasnt free just yet. I lifted my katana into attack position and readied myself in case it started to move again.

Roll 9 +2 = 11 (Only +1 extra since unnatural Heavy Crit) 10 damage

I drove my sword deep into the belly of the shark and with the squishing noise it made, i smiled a very sadistic smile.

OH HO HO YES....this is going to be pleasant i said a little too loud

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 28/50

(OOC: I am correcting damages, May has a +4 altogether which means she is doing more damage than claimed} -5 = 38 -10 = 28

It was free, FREE from the tyranny of extra effect. It turned its eyes to the woman as it jumped on the air and dove into the sand. It "swam" about for a little bit then turned and charged at her opening its mouth and lifting its head slightly above the sand. This looked like the very ending scene of jaws.

Roll 2 Miss Shark

The female player was too nimble for the slimey shark and was able to avoid its attack. It circled back and prepared to charge its victims once more knowing they would get closer and closer.

Mayonaka 27/27

Ryu 56/56

<> 28/ 50 (OOC: I am correcting damages, May has a +4 altogether which means she is doing more damage than claimed} -5 = 38 -10 = 28