quest idea-Hidden Mats

should this quest be live?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. should this quest be live?

• YES!
    • no
    • Iffy
    • Change(post the change)

OK, so, yah.... Earning A Living gets a bit boring. I think we need a newer edition of a quest for materials. So here's ho it works

Story

There is a very high-level boar on Floor 1 which has a giant dugout of mats and col. This is a repeatable quest that takes place on Floor 1

Facts

80 HP

3 base damage

+1 accuracy

+1 evasion

+1 damage mitigation

(When gets down to 20 HP tusks begin to glow and base damage changes to 7 rather than three

Rewards

1 extra skill point(first time only)

Mats=# of pages * 3

Additional Col-400

The problem I see with this, is that why do this quest for material, which seems harder than it needs to be, seeing as how you can easily gather material just by fighting a monster with at least half of the highest player in the party's HP. Then all you need to do from there is a roll a 10 or higher on the dice when defeated and then you get materials.

My vote is no for now, however, post a poll up to get the public opinion.

The problem I see with this, is that why do this quest for material, which seems harder than it needs to be, seeing as how you can easily gather material just by fighting a monster with at least half of the highest player in the party's HP. Then all you need to do from there is a roll a 10 or higher on the dice when defeated and then you get materials.

My vote is no for now, however, post a poll up to get the public opinion.

Well, that's what I thought.

I would be reluctant doing that quest even with a raid, because it's a bit useless.

Reward is something someone can get with a normal grinding/farming RP, writing 2/3 pages. Then, why risking our character's life for that? I would suggest to put something else into rewards, I don't know.. something rare, something that is worth risking your character's life.

It would be a good boss, if there was a "more specific material system".. It may drop a rare/perfect material which gives a bonus or something like that, but that's more something someone would get on higher floors.

So.. yeah, my vote is no.

Well, that's what I thought.

I would be reluctant doing that quest even with a raid, because it's a bit useless.

Reward is something someone can get with a normal grinding/farming RP, writing 2/3 pages. Then, why risking our character's life for that? I would suggest to put something else into rewards, I don't know.. something rare, something that is worth risking your character's life.

It would be a good boss, if there was a "more specific material system".. It may drop a rare/perfect material which gives a bonus or something like that, but that's more something someone would get on higher floors.

So.. yeah, my vote is no.

Sir, I'm afraid your both wrong. This quest as a guaranteed(note guaranteed) chance at getting mats and extra col(page # times 3 mats. Extra col-400) So the more quality of posts you have(the longer) the more mats you'll get. It goes perfectly with Erron's leveling and posting topic.

Sir, I'm afraid your both wrong. This quest as a guaranteed(note guaranteed) chance at getting mats and extra col(page # times 3 mats. Extra col-400) So the more quality of posts you have(the longer) the more mats you'll get. It goes perfectly with Erron's leveling and posting topic.

I know, but still I may do that number taking a few 20 loot dices.

By the way, that was just my opinion. Your idea isn't so bad, but I'm sure it can be better with a few edits. ^^

I'm sorry to shoot down the idea, but this quest simply will not work. The whole idea of repeating Earning A Living is because you can get a reward for doing almost nothing but roleplay. This is encouraging combat, and if we do page number multiplied by three, then all we need to see then is players just barely getting by with a post and then consistentnly doing that just to get a higher page number.

Even if this were a decent Idea, the mission would still be far too difficult for an average player to partake in. I myself even with a higher level wouldn't bother risking it if I could simply get a few good loot dice rolls. I'm better off fighting Sand Shark from the quest, Blood In The Sand, as that material actually provides a benefit to the player.

Sorry again to burst your bubble, but I am still saying no, and ALMOST nothing you say will change my mind. If you feel that you could possibly balance out the quest more for something that's worth it, then it could potentially be worth talking about getting the quest approved. But a field boss for a few materials is not only overpowered because of the amount you get along with the loot dice bonus as well, but it should be able to be done by any player so anyone can have full access to the same amount of materials.