Conveying Stats

I still dont think we should just hand out (Hey your new so here is level 40 when everyone else is mid/high 50's) Keep in mind, even a year/2 years into the game, there are still low level players so i figured if we used my formula for level bumps, giving out a level equal to that of 1/10th of the active player levels should be nice bump. They could also come up with there own story. Remember, there is no real (time) in our RP, so for all we know, what they are writing (as catching up) happened along side everyone elses.

Though i do love the idea of great rewards for boss fight. Keeps people interested in leveling and forming parties. Though do remember that it is possible to solo a boss from time to time depending on the skill of the player. So we can leave Boss fights as OP but its first come first serve ;)

So... I've been reading everything in the posts, and I don't think I saw this anywhere (I may of just missed it by mistake, if so, my bad)...

But, quick question.

What does PP, OP, and SP stand for?

Edit: My bad, I found Nevina's post in a missed page.

Private party, open party, solo party~

PP = You schedule ahead of time who you're going to rp with, and the thread you make is limited to just them.

OP = Anyone can jump in this rp

SP = Personal development for your chara by themselves

So... I've been reading everything in the posts, and I don't think I saw this anywhere (I may of just missed it by mistake, if so, my bad)...

But, quick question.

What does PP, OP, and SP stand for?

Edit: My bad, I found Nevina's post in a missed page.

I feel like these codes have been commonly used by a select group of people on this forum, and thus for any other new people that have come to this forum, it might be a little complicated to catch on and understand -- because even I am still going back to Nevina's post to look up once again what the 3 mean.

I feel like these codes have been commonly used by a select group of people on this forum, and thus for any other new people that have come to this forum, it might be a little complicated to catch on and understand -- because even I am still going back to Nevina's post to look up once again what the 3 mean.

Yeah we'll have some sort of key or guide that'll tell people who might not be familiar with the abbreviations what they mean. Stuff like that can be easily added into the footer or header of the site. Or even in the description itself. Also the guide will have stuff like what OOC, PP, OP, SP, etc means.

*Shoots down Mythee Idea* NO bad Mythee, sit in the corner...

As Namine said, we will be putting this information along with basic starting information in a Game Guide. Anyways, back to the topic on hand.. STATS >> <<

So we know these states are in the game.

Strength, Agility, Defense.

Along with Skill arts like Weapon skills, Armor, Crafting. So how do we want to work this?

Also, separate experience systems for basic statistics - Strength/Agility/Perception/etc. - and the skill tree.

... Hmm. Should levels really be taken into account very seriously? I mean, arguably, battle experience wins fights, not stats. The more your character has fought, the better he or she should be able to fight.

I mean it would make things a lot more simple. There's yet to be any diving into unique skills (i.e. dual blades), the skill-creation system, the skill tree itself, depreciation value on weapons/durability, upgrading weapons and armor, critical hits, the effect weight has on fighting (Kirito's swords were notoriously heavy), and more.

• 4 weeks later...
... Hmm. Should levels really be taken into account very seriously? I mean, arguably, battle experience wins fights, not stats. The more your character has fought, the better he or she should be able to fight.

That's true, however that only counts when your levels are comparable. As Kirito showed, quite effectively, if your stats are high enough you can be quite invincible.

Edit: And I just noticed this has been quiet for about a month... I should really have logged back in far sooner.

• 9 months later...

Kirito did have a high Strength level so he was able to wield heavy swords without an issue. It would all boil down to what skills you are focusing on.

With regards to the weapon, armor, and crafting skills, I think it should be somewhat player based because, like we saw in SAO, some people were mainly just crafters and merchants. It's mainly based on the type of character the user is trying to RP.