[F9-MB] Twinfire Phoenix

after being embarrassed terribly by her own bad mouthing Kirigiri felt that now wasn't the time to goad the bird any more; it was time to kill it once and for all. charging her sword and charging forwards, Kirigiri stopped suddenly as another player rushed out in front to pluck a patch of feathers from the bird. "hmm those feathers, what meaning do they have i wonder?" not really concerned for the answer she wasn't going to receive at this precise moment, Kirigiri resumed her attack once again landing a meek blow to its toenail dealing the barest minimum of damage. "hmm its better than missing i suppose, very well your turn who ever you happen to be." not concerned with her surroundings at this time, as such she stumbled a bit before joining the others fatigued of this fight.

Kirigiri: 7/7

RyujinSeaLord: 56/56

Alkor: 8/11

Zelrius: 63/63

Zero: 19/19

Mayonaka: 27/27

Keith: 83/83

Yami: 10/17

Rebekah: 17/17

5iou5: 17/17

Twinfire Phoenix 53/150

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was it.

Alkor turned his steady gaze on the Phoenix and took in a deep, solemn breath. I won't back down here, he told himself in the deafening silence of his own mind. His gaze mirrored the flames that coalesced around the mighty creature, burning into the enemy before him.

His breath was caught in his throat. The sheer terror of facing down a boss was immense. Dying was a danger more real now than ever before, and he knew that a single, false step would be the end of him. Pressure bore down on him like the weight of every step he had ever taken creaking along his spine. He felt powerless.

In that same breath, though, something flickered within him that spurred him forward. The bird let out a mighty cry and for a brief moment, he swore it locked eyes with him. I'm nothing to this bird, he realized. The thought sent rage into every corner of his body. It doesn't even see me.

How many players had given him that same look? How many people, throughout his life in the real world, at school and at work, home, or anywhere else had considered him with that cold, empty gaze? He knew it like a friend he had grown up with. The nagging hatred that burned in the pit of his stomach boiled up, and he let out the ragged breath, gasping at the hot, dry air of the volcanic ninth floor.

"My turn," he rasped.

Alkor was far from the strongest player on the field. He was still young and learning, in every aspect of both those words. Still, when the conviction hit him and the rage welled up, he shot forward toward the Phoenix with purpose in his eyes. Grim, dangerous, powerful purpose that fortified him with the strength to take a chunk of the boss' health, despite his meager level.

His blade bit into the bird, and he let it fall in the same heartbeat.

Alkor deals 5 damage! (3 critical + 1 weapon + 1 skill)

Twinfire Phoenix 48/150

Zelrius didn't miss a minute. He had observed the events as they unfolded, all were very fast. It seemed as though even if one blinked, they'd miss an entire rotation of movement from all entities in the area. And in all actuality, That is almost exactly how it was. Any one who might of been observing from a far would certainly have trouble keeping up with each event as it happened. Zelrius was quite impressed himself with the organization and speed of some of the people here. This being the first time half these people have traveled in a group this large, let alone fought a boss, and yet they just seemed so keen on the objective. Zelrius decided he had been lazing around far too long and jumped up to swing at the fire bird.

Zero glanced at the HP that the boss had left, it was nearly in the danger zone thanks to the assault of the players,and would soon be nothing more than shattering polygons disappering from sight. He swung his right sword over his shoulder and sighed taking a step back. He narrowed his eyes slightly and dashed at the creature crossing the blades in his hands in front of his chest as he clenched the one in his mouth tightly before attempting to slash away at his target.

Battle result: 4 + 2 = Hit! Damage Dealt: 1 (BD) + 2 (Skill) + 2 (Weapon)= 5 DMG (Bleeding status for two turns, -1HP)

(Sword Skill: Demon Slash cooldown 1 turns)

Twinfire Phoenix 43/150 (Bleeding 2/2, -1 HP)

The Phoenix, now being able to move again, searched throughout the terrain for it's next target. Though the players may have ruffled some feathers, the Phoenix refused to surrender without a fight. Within the next few seconds after the players all rushed the Phoenix, it soared into the skies, which were dark as nightfall began to creep upon the land. The shadow of the Phoenix was visible, but barely, due to the moon providing little lighting.

The Phoenix then dove down at the players, and it opened up it's talons, ready to slash at the player, Zero, who had been causing constant Bleeding Damage to it. Due to the poor lighting, and though the Phoenix had superior vision, the player was smart enough to stay moving, causing the Phoenix to lose it's target and miss the attack.

Twinfire Phoenix 43/150

(Twinfire feather event)

After seeing the Phoenix's attempts to attack the other players, Kirigiri felt the alluring pull of the section of feathers that the player had went for earlier. marked by indecision Kirigiri felt that she had to try at least once. feeling a surge of courage,Kirigiri waited til the phoenix crossed her path before Kirigiri tried to grab the coveted feathers.deftly grabbing one from the wing. it glowed with a subtle fierceness that conveyed it's power.

Right now the bird seemed to be flustered with the scattered attacks by the players around me, I could tell that we had no real plan. It excited me to know that we didn't have a plan of action to hit the bird, we were just winging it. Just as another player hit the bird, dealing critical damage, another missed and fell to the ground. There was also the strange thing that some were doing, trying to obtain one of the phoenix's feathers. Does it have an ability or something? I wondered while I stood still behind the line of attack.

Twinfire Feather Event!~

Loot Die 12, I receive a feather yay!~

Snapping out of it I waited until the precise moment to strike the flying flames in the shape of a bird. My sword plunged through the flames that licked across the blade of my sword. The other players seemed to be reaching for the feathers on the magnificent beast. I struck the bird so I could get close to it, close enough to get a feather. Curious, right after making my attack I reached my hand out and plucked a feather from the tail.

Twinfire Phoenix 43/150

As this is the last remaining hours of the Monthly boss, there is no turn order anymore. You may attack whenever you desire so we can finish up this boss. However, to attack again, you must wait 3 attacks after yours to do another action. Once the Phoenix is dead, I will reveal the rewards in the fight.

The boss' HP was draining rapidly, and all of the players were starting to get frantic. If this creature had some sort of last stand attack in its back pocket, it would be dangerous to let it stay alive much longer. The faster the killed it, they safer they would all be. Alkor turned his gaze over the others slowly, then back on the Phoenix. There were only two, maybe less health bars left to deplete.

"We can do this," he hissed in a display of effort, his still burnt flesh rippling from exertion. The young swordsman tore forward like something escaping the underworld. "Don't let up!"

This time, he would rip into the mythical beast with all that he had. He'd lead the bloody charge, one bad idea at a time. He swiped his sword viciously through the air in an erratic gesture, complementing the psychotic war cry tearing its way from his throat.

Maybe something in his mind had slipped. Alkor threw himself up toward the Twinfire Phoenix with no consideration for the damage he might take. His blade ripped forward to slice the bird. Amber eyes glared back, beckoning others to follow with their intensity.

The blade sank into the bird's torso, and he let his body weight drag it down toward the ground. When he fell away, there was a long red gash in the Phoenix's midsection, and Alkor was grinning wildly at the ground. He turned his eyes upward to mock the beast, and he let out a laugh. "It's our turn," he told it. "You're not going to kill any more players."

Alkor deals 3 damage!

Twinfire Phoenix 37/150

Zelrius charged forth once moe with his great speed. It would seem this was wrapping itself up, and Zelrius wasn't going to let the Last hit rewards escape from him. It had not been very long since his last attack, people were running away or seeming all together reluctant to go on. Zelrius was not among these due to have already been in more then one Boss fight Prior to this little squabble. He swung Sange forth into the firey Body of this blasted creature from the hell this game had to offer.

Damage Dealt 22

Twinfire Phoenix 30/150 Paralyzed

seeing as time for this run through with this majestic bird brain was coming to a close, Kirigiri was feeling a bit sad. charging up her sword, kirigiri said aloud "you know, i think i will miss you, ain't that something." over coming her regret was simpler than blinking. rushing towards the bird Kirigiri slashing along the rear part of it's of its wing.

Zero glanced around at the slightly lesser numbers of members that were present, but it wouldn't stop him from going on. He was going to make sure this monster stayed dead by the end of it all and took up the same attack position as before. He aimed carefully his trajectory and launched forth towards his target, whether he got the drop or not wasn't what was important to him at that moment compared to making sure he was still in shape to fight.

Battle result: 6 + 2 = Hit! Damage Dealt: 1 (BD) + 2 (Skill) + 2 (Weapon)= 5 DMG (Bleeding status for two turns, -1HP)

(Sword Skill: Demon Slash cooldown 1 turns)

Twinfire Phoenix 23/150 (Paralyzed) (Bleeding for two turns, -1 HP)

Zelrius noted that Zero, A Girl who seemed to have a lot of fight in herself other then most low levels, Alkor a Mid leveled player who had thus far proven himself resourceful, and himself seemed to be the quickest and most active at attacking as of right now. He Smirked, It would seem by the Phoenix's red HP bar and frenzy, That this was the moment to attack and end this fight for the good of all things Holy, and all things unholy as well. Zelrius swung sange at the Tyrannical bird and it's reign over the 9th floor.

Twinfire Phoenix 14/150 (Paralyzed) (Bleeding for one turns, -1 HP)

Slashing in unison with three other players, Alkor thrust himself forward for the Phoenix once more. Their assault was relentless, the red health bar of their enemy indicative of their resolve. The vigor with which he moved was only amplified by his teammates as they backed him in bashing the bird.

His body moved like a machine, sending another battering strike for the boss' already crippled midsection. The creature that had once looked so utterly imposing now seemed crestfallen, almost beaten. It wavered under their onslaught, and Alkor gave a satisfied growl as his blade twisted in air.

As the weapon tore into the Phoenix like a dragon's hungry jaws, Alkor pressed the weapon forward with both hands, intensifying the quickness with which it sheared through. The beast gave a cry of pain as the damage took its toll, another monstrous critical hit from the raid group.

Alkor deals 4 damage.

Twinfire Phoenix 9/150 (Paralyzed)

While observing the other players attack, he noticed that the Phoenix's HPs were almost empty.

He thought that a few successful attacks and the Phoenix should die, they could put an end to this fight.

So, he decided to take his turn and hit the Phoenix.

Taking stance to run against the Phoenix, he suddenly charged against it.

As he reached it, he tried to stab it but he missed, so he moved away to let the others attack.

But, it didn't bother him so much as the Phoenix was almost dead.

"Heh.. Better luck next time." he said.

BD: 4 - (+1 BD by Weapon) = 5 - Missed.

Twinfire Phoenix 9/150 (Paralyzed)

The Phoenix was now on it's dying breath. Being paralyzed once again, was the end of this fight. It now had nothing to do, but lie there, and await its death at any second. The Phoenix dropped a tear from it's eyes, but landed on the ground. The Phoenix had put up a fair fight for the most part, but the players were just too many to be able to win. Compared to all of the raids, this Phoenix couldn't even eliminate a single player, proving they had strength and power.

The creature had finally given up on resisting, it was time to end it. Zero gripped tightly the blades in his hands and clenched his teeth tightly. He charged forward wanting nothing more but to end the life of the creature as quickly as possible, and as he'd done before he placed the blades in his hands against the one in his mouth. He slashed passed the creature without hesitation and slightly grinned. "Death may be cold, but I'm Absolute Zero." He remarked satisfied with himself and his performance in the fight.

Battle result: 6 + 2 = Hit! Damage Dealt: 1 (BD) + 2 (Skill) + 2 (Weapon)= 5 DMG (Bleeding status for two turns, -1HP)

(Sword Skill: Bull Hunt cooldown 1 turns)

As the Phoenix is finished off with a final hit, slowly the blue shattering pixels begin to en-ravel the Phoenix into smaller and smaller particles. As the raid team stares and watches everybody is given an Experience menu with the title of "Congratulations!" at the top.

(I have checked through the entire thread, and here are the final standings on everything)

All: 3 Skill Points and 3,000 Col

Final Hit
------------
Zero: Twinfire Blade (+2 Damage, 2 Burn Damage For 2 Turns)

Most Damage Dealt
------------
Ryu: 19 Damage
Zelrius: 37 Damage
Zero: 43 Damage Phoenix Stone*
Mayonaka: 6 Damage
Keith: 15 Damage
Yami: 15 Damage
Kirigiri: 6 Damage
Alkor: 15 Damage
Rebekah: 4 Damage

*This material is used for a single craft and has a 100% chance of success. No matter what the crafter rolls for their craft, this item will make an UNCOMMON quality item. If they get higher rolls to make RARE/PERFECT quality items, then instead the items will be higher quality over the UNCOMMON.

Most Damage Taken
------------
Alkor: 8 Damage Twinfire Reflector [shield] (+2 Damage Mitigation, +2 Flame Thorns*)
Yami: 7 Damage

*Flame Thorns is similar to normal thorns but works slightly different. When a player rolls a 6-8, it will deal the normal 2 damage for burn damage. However if an attacker hits with a 9 or 10 on the battle dice towards the player with this item, instead of normal thorns it will deal the initial 2 damage, and then 2 turns of burn damage that deal 1 damage each turn.

Twinfire Feather Event*
------------
Kirigiri
Mayonaka

*Only these two players will receive a feather for doing the event. The feather heals 5 HP and remove the burn effect like a two-in-one potion.