[PP-F1] «Earning a Living» (Silica and Mitoko)

The winds on the first floor felt nice on her cheek, a cool breeze blowing gently around the city, especially where she was, atop the wall, a few meters from the ground. "Ahh... this feels so nice..." After a tiresome day of running away from stalkers, the almond-haired girl just wanted to relax a bit, maybe complete a quest or two... Getting down from the wall, the girl walked over to the quest board, noticing a post on it that greatly interested her. "«Earning a Living» NPC Locations" Reading the section well, she decided to find the NPC to train her to be a cook, figuring that was probably the safest choice. Walking around a bit and keeping her cowl over her head to keep her from being noticed, the girl reached one of the town's entrances, noticing the NPC named simply "The Chef". "Ah, excuse me! Um, mister Chef, can you teach me how to cook, please?" The NPC having noticed a talk being directed at it, about his quest no less, he turned around to the girl, his AI making it say her name while he talked, a deep, scruffy voice escaping his old mouth. "But of course, «Silica», I'll teach you everything there is to know!" An HUD appearing on front of Silica, the almond-haired girl accepted the quest, requiring her to get five of any type of cooking material and cook them into anything she wanted. "Alright, I'll do my best!" Running out of town, Silica dropped her hood and turned to the entrance again, noticing a slight shade of pink from the gate's edge...

The pink haired girl hummed as she walked by, looking around and gazing at the clusters of people, her graceful smile turning into a nervous frown. And slowly breathing became uneasy for her as she somewhat panicked and walked on, happening to bump into a smaller player. Her eyes widened as she panted for breath and spoke quietly. "S-Sorry miss! It was my fault... I'm r-rather clumsy," she stuttered, hoping not to be made fun of like usual. "Crepes... Maybe I should ALWAYS look in f-front of me!" Mitoko fidgeted with her hands slightly and looked at her feet.

[OOC]

Deciding it was nothing important, Silica turned around to inspect her inventory, something she still hadn't done despite the game having started long ago... "Um... let's see...." The inventory was pretty much empty besides a few loaves of bread and a bit more water bottles. "U-um... that should be fine..." Closing up her HUD now, the almond-haired girl felt something knock against her, throwing her off-balance and making her fall to the ground. "W-waaa!" Giving a slight yelp at the sudden force, Silica turned around to see a pink-haired girl, on the ground as well. "S-Sorry miss! It was my fault... I'm r-rather clumsy," Her eyes widening at the apology, Silica simply waved her hand in front of her while keeping the other one from revealing her underwear to the world. "N-no, it's okay! I shouldn't even have been standing in the middle of the road..." Getting up and dusting herself off, Silica extended her hand to the pink-haired girl, introducing herself in the meanwhile. "Hey, I'm Silica! What's your name?" Giving out the sweetest smile she could muster, Silica waited for the girl to take her hand so she could pull her up to her feet.

Mitoko blushed in embarrassment while eyeing the ground. "M-Mitoko... Nice to meet you S-Silica-san!" she'd stutter while gently accepting her hand and pushing herself off the ground clumsily, trying not to fall again due to her awkwardness when it came to public places and the sight of too many people. The more faces she'd see in this town, the harder it became for her to even breathe comfortably. It felt strange... like she was being pricked by one thousand sharp needles all over her. "Wh-what now?!" the pinkette panicked to herself while mentally bonking herself. "U-Umm..." she looked at her and smiled lightly, looking away once more due to her lack of properly socializing when around crowds or town areas. But when there weren't so many people, she was usually childish and cheerful, like most times. But like this... no.

Mitoko blushed in embarrassment while eyeing the ground. "M-Mitoko... Nice to meet you S-Silica-san!" she'd stutter while gently accepting her hand and pushing herself off the ground clumsily, trying not to fall again due to her awkwardness when it came to public places and the sight of too many people. The more faces she'd see in this town, the harder it became for her to even breathe comfortably. It felt strange... like she was being pricked by one thousand sharp needles all over her. "Wh-what now?!" the pinkette panicked to herself while mentally bonking herself. "U-Umm..." she looked at her and smiled lightly, looking away once more due to her lack of properly socializing when around crowds or town areas. But when there weren't so many people, she was usually childish and cheerful, like most times. But like this... no.

Sensing the girl's uncomfortableness, Silica gave her a smile and turned the pinkette's head towards her own. "It's alright, it's just the two of us here right now!" Giving her an even bigger smile, the almond-haired girl offered a piece of advice to Mitoko. "You're shy, aren't you? Just pull your hood over your head, like this!" Pulling her own to demonstrate that it covered her entire head, including her face, of which only the mouth was visible, Silica lifted it again, making her hair a bit messy. "Like that, no-one will recognize you and you can go around worry-free!" Speaking from experience, running away from the creepy stalkers from before, Silica was certain this ability was fail-proof! "I guess it's like a, um... oh, a «Disguise» skill!" Giggling at the skill she just made up, Silica remembered the quest she was on, having to gather some materials to make a meal. "Alrighty then, Mitoko-san! Will you help me out in becoming a chef?" Once again giving out a sweet smile, Silica put her hands behind her back, waiting for the girl's answer.

Sensing the girl's uncomfortableness, Silica gave her a smile and turned the pinkette's head towards her own. "It's alright, it's just the two of us here right now!" Giving her an even bigger smile, the almond-haired girl offered a piece of advice to Mitoko. "You're shy, aren't you? Just pull your hood over your head, like this!" Pulling her own to demonstrate that it covered her entire head, including her face, of which only the mouth was visible, Silica lifted it again, making her hair a bit messy. "Like that, no-one will recognize you and you can go around worry-free!" Speaking from experience, running away from the creepy stalkers from before, Silica was certain this ability was fail-proof! "I guess it's like a, um... oh, a «Disguise» skill!" Giggling at the skill she just made up, Silica remembered the quest she was on, having to gather some materials to make a meal. "Alrighty then, Mitoko-san! Will you help me out in becoming a chef?" Once again giving out a sweet smile, Silica put her hands behind her back, waiting for the girl's answer.

Mitoko nodded shyly and slowly placed her hood over her head, peeking from it to be able to even see Silica-san. "O-Okiee! It's warm a-and safe... fluffy!" she'd chirp childishly before feeling comfortable with this, almost like she had been wearing her little panda sweater back at home. "U-Uwaa it needs soft thingies!" the pinkette had been cut off when the smaller girl spoke up and asked for aid for her cooking career. "Sure I would l-love to h-help. I'll try my best to be of use! I-I can gather materials and such," she spoke softly as she would giggle in a light and eager voice as she would fidget with her hands again, a bad habit of hers when around anyone new or unfamiliar to her.

Sweetening her smile at Mitoko's answer, something even the gods thought impossible, Silica drew her dagger and moved towards the field to a small pack of boars, finding one that was well isolated from the group. "Okie then, Mitoko-san! Let's get this boar's meat!" Her face now becoming more determined, Silica prepared to charge at the boar, her dagger giving off a radiant purple glow as the basic skill "Linear" was about to be released on the poor boar. "Hy-yaah!" Charging forward with a small cry, Silica closed her eyes as the blade supposedly hit the boar.

Combat Dice - 3 - Fail! - no damage

Opening her eyes as she felt nothing in front of her, Silica fidgeted with her hands before falling straight on her face, hands already slung back to pull her skirt down to cover her panties. "O-owiiie....." A small tear appearing on both her eyes, Silica picked both herself and her dagger back up, turning now to Mitoko. "S-switch!" Jumping back a bit, Silica hoped Mitoko could at least hit the boar once...

Boar - 3/3

Silica - 5/5

Mitoko - 13/13

"G-Gotcha!" Mitoko chirped shyly as she looked at her lucky little rapier and nodded. "P-Please be lucky! D-Don't screw on mee!" the pinkette thought anxiously before shaking her head and taking a deep breath. "W-We'll pulverize this meatsack! I-I think so a-at least," she'd stutter nervously before narrowing her eyes at the boar and raising her beautiful little rapier. Then she dashed after the boar and tripped before she could attack it. "Owiee!" she'd yelp but said it in a louder tone mixed with anger. "Stupid Mitoko do you even know HOW to hit a boar?"

PARTY

» Silica - 5/5

» Mitoko - 13/13

ENEMY

» Boar - 3/3

«Boar Combat Post»

Having the first little girl miss made the boar quite aware of both of them, resulting in the second little girl missing too... Its anger more piqued towards the smaller of the two, the beast charged at her, hoping to rip her armor off and ram her to pieces... its intention was not satisfied, as the girl dove to the side and evaded its simple charge, an action that made the boar even more furious.

>BD1-5: Miss

BD6-8: 1 Damage

BD9: 2 Damage

BD10: 3 Damage

Boar- 3/3

>Silica- 5/5

Mitoko- 13/13

Dodging the boar's attack swiftly, Silica readied her dagger once more, hoping to use the skill successfully this time... Charging towards the boar after getting up from the ground, Silica slung her main arm back, causing her dagger to shine a deep purple, the mark of the basic sword skill «Linear». "Gwaaaa!" A battle shout emerging from her mouth, the little girl's eyes were focused on the boar until the last second, when she closed them, hoping for a good hit...

Combat Dice - 10 - EPIC CRIT! - 3 damage!

Loot Dice - 4 - no mats due to monster not having enough HP... :/

The dagger piercing the head of the boar, it dug straight through it, ripping the entire beast in two with a massive critical hit. "H-huh...? I-I... did it?" Opening up her eyes again, Silica turned to the boar, seeing it crash and disappear into a mess of blue polygons that splattered outward in every direction. Relief overcoming her, Silica dropped to her knees, giving out a sigh...

Boar - 0/3 - DEAD

Silica - 5/5

Mitoko - 13/13

Mitoko watched Silica from the corner of her eyes with a gloomy expression. "I-I... don't know how to do a single thing right. I'm useless at everything... Will I ever make it anywhere in this game? I bet I'm going to die like most of them. I'm sorry Kaito, I probably won't last long at this rate." She forced a smile as she had walked up to Silica, a small smile on her face. "G-Good job Silica-san. You did great. I'm sure you can be the best swordsman of all time," she giggled softly while sheathing her rapier and frowning at a strand of hair which got in the way of her sight. Quickly she would tuck the strand of strawberry pink hair behind her ear, nodding in satisfaction as she'd then glance at the floor quietly. "I'm curious about what waits ahead. What are we going to do next?" the pinkette spoke in a blank tone with her mind slightly distracted on many topics at once.

Shaking her head, Silica waved her hands in front of her after putting her dagger back on her belt. "N-no, I'm sure you'll be better than me, Mitoko-san..." A bead of cold sweat rolling down her face, Silica answered Mitoko's question to the best of her knowledge... "Well... I'm supposed to get 5 cooking materials... maybe we should move to stronger monsters?" Shrugging, Silica waited for Mitoko to answer, as she herself had only started a few days ago... Silica hoped Mitoko could guide her somewhat as she didn't know what to do alone...

"I-I s-see! I-I'll t-try my b-best to help y-you with-" Mitoko gulped and started to walk off in her own direction... hoping that Silica would follow her. "When you are low on health, drop everything and go somewhere safe. I can help collect the rest in case of a worse case scenario. Got it?" she spoke sternly while checking her map for any nearby mobs. "There seems to be a bigger herd of boars n-nearby. W-We can do this now let's go... I'll try my best t-to be of use Silica-san." She picked up pace and they would get closer and closer towards those deadly and frightening mobs. However she just wanted to get it over with, and help with all of her efforts. Although a clutz like her ever doing something like that was a delusional thought.