[SP-F8] Summers End Ball Event

Now some of you maybe wondering, what would make a man do this event all by himself. Maybe he doesn't have anyone willing to do it with him, or maybe...he just needs some time to be alone. The start of the maze was filled with couples and other idiots i wanted nothing to do with. I entered the maze alone being sure to brush by everyone as they all gave me a certain look, but i was so disinterested i just kept on walking . They didn't interest me and neither did this event.

The entrance to the maze was filled with flowers and everything looked nice. An NPC handed me a party popper and two game tickets for the "mouse in the cake" game. There was nothing interesting about this, but i was doing it for the potential items out of it. Normally that seems wrong, and what happens if i dont get anything out of it, but thats the thing, if i didnt try i would get nothing, without the possibility of doing so.. I took a few more corners and ended up at a T intersection in the hedges.

This time i decided that i would go left and would continue to walk for a couple hundred feet. I was trying to avoid other people. There was nothing i wanted to do but get through this stupid event and move on with my life. Unfortunately at the end of this little roads was a four-way intersection and there was only three ways that could possibly be productive, but i was very curious about this party popper in my inventory, which was still in my pocket.

I pulled it out and figured what the heck and popped it into the air hoping for some kind of confetti and for the streamers to point me into a direction that i could go to. There was a reward for popping it as i was told at the beginning, i decided that since nothing really came out of it, except the number 19, i would take a right seeing as the would most likely lead to the middle of the maze compared to the the left side.

The maze was much less scary than possibly mentioned. If anything there was nothing more than a bunch of twists and turns but there was something a little more because there were so many different flowers attached to the hedges. The popper seemed like a failure but i held onto the number just in case there was an NPC in the center that might take in in exchange for anything. The next couple of turns consisted of three lefts and five rights. It was a dead end at down one of the paths, but i was able to find my way out of that.

A bunch of twists and turns later i felt lost, spiraling out of control but in all honesty all i needed to do was sit down in the middle of the maze and take a break. A couple of times i hid from some couples walking around this goofy maze and talking about really dumb things or making childish noises....or kissing and i was a little weirded out, even though im about to get married here in game too but...its completely different.

There are no monsters or there are so few of them that it won't even matter if i happen to run into any. I wonder what kind of monsters would even spawn here. Probably plant like monsters or insects, i pondered this as i walked into the next corridor of bushes and leaves. There was nothing that i could do but walk and walk and walk. Nothing different than roaming the fields outside floor one.

I was so happy that nothing in this maze was going to try to kill me for a very long time, if anything at all. It would be marvelous to know that there really were places out of the danger zone but still inside them at the same time. I could smell the center of the tree i just know, i just KNEW it had to be close. Another dead end but that didnt stop me, i turned around and when the opposite direction i wanted to and continued on my merry way.

The life of a man is nothing more than a simple walk way, sure there may be some twists and turns but nothing in the world says that he cant do things on his own. Sure i should have invited a girl on this trip but what would have been the point, im not in this game for anything more than beating it. These emotions dont come to me like one would really thing that they do. I continued to walk the path, beginning to get a feel for whatever directions i should be going hearing music with every step i took.

I began to ponder if May really thought she was in love with me or if this was something that she thought about too. I know its easy to become emotionally attached to things in this world but i wasnt one for that. I liked to keep things distant from me so that, in the event that i would lose them, i wouldnt be sad when that fateful day would come that i wouldnt have them around anymore. I hope no one can read my thoughts but i honestly dont think i "love" May....it sounds weird to a reader (yes im talking you there sitting at your computer, i see you there mister/miss lonely) but i really dont think i do.

I dont walk with a skip in my step, nor do i walk with a care in the world. I have been like this since i was born and now that i am here in this maze i wonder every single day what keeps me in Aincrad. To be honest, there really is nothing keeping me here and honestly im afraid of being up this high. I cant even look over the edge of the floating castle without getting a sick feeling in my stomach. I was trying to concentrate on the path in front of me until i collided with a wall the would send me in one of two directions. I chose to go left this time around hoing it would lead me closer to my destination.

I looked around the maze and started noticing the small things, like animal noises, the voices of the people around me, even if they are on the other side of the hedge rows. I wanted to get away from it all but there seems to be nothing i can do to escape the cheering and miscellaneous laughter and talking going on. I took another left, then a right and hoped i was going the same direction as the center was but i had no way of knowing.

The maze was longer than it was first thought to be but i was slowly making my way around it hoping that sometime soon i would walk around the corner and suddenly show up in the middle of the the maze but i know there is much, much farther to go and that would be MUCh too easy for players to find the center of the maze. But the music increased in volume as i got closer and closer to the center, but there seemed to be something very off about this maze suddenly.

The walk itself was not nearly as bad as i thought it would be but there was a lot of time given to me to think, though i should have been allowed to for most of it. I looked around as i walked and noticed some flowers hanging from the hedges and recognized them as roses, but they werent just any roses, they were black in color, which didnt make them much different, but i decided to pluck one from its reaches, just to have because they are actually my favorite flowers...even though it sounds weird for a guy to luck such things.

The flower fell into my inventory as i might use it for something later but it was not a major concern i continued to walk down a deserted path, it seemed like no one has even made it this far and i appeared to be ahead of everyone, which is what i really wanted. I would be the first one to reach the end because everyone else was loligagging with their "significant other" which i was beginning to find pointless....maybe i would have to tell Mayonaka to find someone better....she definitely deserves it...it hurts not being able to feel ones emotions...but then again...pain is nothing to me anymore.

The maze itself was boring, and there was nothing to do but i could sense something sinister about the whole thing and it gave me chills, but the sound of people laughter brought me back to reality and made me realize its a players maze with no enemies, i mean what could possibly go wrong with something like this, i mean really, Kayaba was probably out there somewhere trying to give us something to do with our lives and wanted us to have SOME kind of fun before killing us all of in this game of death we all play

With the feeling of the menacing evil looming over me suddenly passing, i continued down the winding paths of the mazer knowing that the center had to be somewhere nearby but i know it was much farther down, yet i could here the music playing and the NPCs cheering and things like that. I only wanted to do this stuff and get out, not of the formalities and none of the questions, this was not an event i planned on doing at first but the possibility of free items was a good place to start and now i took a left into a dead end and had to circle back.

The music kept getting louder and louder with every step i took, but with every turn i made there were more dead ends but there was always a way with the second path i had chosen and i was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to end but i knew it had to and the entrance would be around here somewhere. The music got a little quieter as i walked somewhere to the east hoping to find the entrance, only to find another dead end.

I could almost feel it, i could almost taste it. The entrance was so near by now that if i didn't find it soon just the music itself would drive me insane and i would have to put up with the repeating tones or worse, if things took a creepy turn, the tines would get more and more demonic as the tempo dragged and dragged, but this game wasnt going to do that, because we all knew that this was a happy event, maybe the halloween one would be much better but i would be happy with this one remaining the way it is.

A left then a right then a few more lefts and a right. I could almost see the entrance, literally this time. I heard the music louder and louder this time but was afraid of where it was. I continued to walk down the path i was already on and as i kept walking i noticed that i was on the WRONG SIDE of the hedges and would now have to find my way all the way over to the other side of the freaking hedge and enter on the other end of it all. Great....just....great.

There was no easy way into the other side but eventually i did. There was no one else there so if i hurried i could get both of these tickets in and use them for whatever they were supposed to be used. When i entered there was much glee and celebration that i was take aback...not that i really understood these emotions other than the fact that i can recognize them due to prior knowledge. I looked around for this little game and was able to find it quite easily.

Roll 16

Upon inspection of this cake and mouse game going on i noticed there was a certain pattern to how the NPC moved the cups and how they typically moved them all at the same time in order to confuse us players. I wasnt one to be fooled easily (not to boast or anything its just another fact about him) and i watched very carefully as i saw the cups moved back and forth, going around and around. The NPC looked up at me and asked me to pick one of the cups. I pointed to the one in the center and a screen popped up asking me if i was sure i wanted to pick that cup and i hit the accept button. The NPC lifted the cup and showed me that a mouse was hidden underneath, and it was a cute little thing but it wasnt more than a mouse that walked around with me.