[PP-F2] «Breaking the Unbreakable» [Mitoko]

The only sound to be heard was the soft wind through the trees, and the constant crunch of gravel underfoot. The lone figure wasted no time moving down the path, her pace only a notch slower than a jog. Her blue eyes darted back and forth nervously, surveying the land around her with every step. This was the first time that she had been alone, and her time on the second floor was very limited. All in all, this had been a very bad idea. But an NPC had asked Lessa for help, and she had had a hard time saying no, even to a figure that did not really exist. Besides, the idea of accepting her first quest had excited her. Now, she was not so sure.

The color drained from her face as she heard a sound from behind her. Drawing her basic Claymore from the sheath strung across her back, her whipped around to face her first foe. There was nothing there. Her heart was racing as she stood there, weapon drawn, in the middle of the empty path. "What am I doing?" She whispered to herself.

The pink haired girl hummed softly with a solemn expression on her face... as usual. This hell hole called Aincrad had been so hard for her to live in. The people were so harsh, her only friend had gone missing, and she was too weak to survive in a world like this. All these thoughts jumbled in her head made her well up with tears of frustration. "Stop moping Mitoko! Pull yourself together! Work hard today!" her eyes narrowed in determination as she sniffled one last time and clutched her fists, trudging up the gravel paths. Where was she going? Who would know? Out of curiosity she'd tend to wander around, hoping to find something interesting beyond these quiet trails.

Mitoko's breath hitched as she had spotted a player nearby, and out of instinct she would scurry at least a foot away. Her eyes were glued to the ground as she nervously looked to the side. "What is she doing in such an isolated place? Should I approach her?" she'd nervously ponder before sprinting up to walk beside the blonde haired woman. "How do people make friends in here? Talking to random strangers like that...- it's nuts! But I guess a little greeting w-wouldn't hurt." She sighed and cleared her throat, speaking softly as her eyes focused on anything but her. "Th-the weather sure i-is- um... nice today... d-don't you think?" She tried to shove away the complete awkwardness of this situation as she smiled cheerfully.

At the sound of a voice behind her, Lessa gave a small squeal and spun around.

"Geeze, you scared me!" She exclaimed. She wore a relieved expression, realizing that it was just another player behind her. But she did not lower her claymore. The young woman was still new to the game, but she understood the danger of player killers. After a second of scanning the girl's name, she saw that her name was not the tell-tale orange color. Finally, the blade dropped to her side. Lips curled into a smile. "But hello!"

"Pleasure to meet you," she continued. "My name is Lessa, and I'm... well.." her voice trailed. Lost? "I'm on a quest," she finally finished.

She'd squeak as well and jump back from shock, with a priceless look on her face. But then she'd try to cool herself down until she had finally done so. The pink haired teenager would smile warmly whilst trying to speak up. "P-Pleasure to meet you too! Y-You can call me Mitoko... -" her eyes widened in eagerness as <> had spoke of a quest. And out of curiosity she couldn't help but wonder about the details. "A quest...? W-Well if you'd like I can try to help! And if we both get more lost than ever at least i-it wont be as scary right?" she'd shrug as she ended up speaking quietly, rather than boldly as she had wanted to. But she believed that this game would make her much less timid due to the massive amount of interaction she'd been running across lately. At first, it was all shut up and get your job done.

"That's a pretty name," the woman commented, before repeating it to herself. "Mitoko." She grinned. "It has a nice feel to it." Lifting up her claymore, Lessa rest it gently on her shoulder. "Well sure. I was told that there was a boulder out this way. Apparently, if I break the boulder, I finish the quest." At that point, Lessa frowned slightly. "However, I'm told that weapons don't work on it."

She shrugged. "Figured I'd at least give it a look. And you're more than welcome to join me, if you'd like."