[PP-01] Learning the Ropes, Part 2 (Complete)

"You do realize that one false move, even in Half Loss Mode, and you could be dead... For good..." Ourain informed her, declining the duel challenge and starting to walk towards Starting City's main entrance. "Now then, let's go find you a wolf or something to go up agai- ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Ourian exclaims as another duel challenge pops up in front of him.

He couldn't help but chuckle a bit as she referred to him as her "little" brother.

"But I'm taller than you..." Ourian teased,accepting the challenge and opening his inventory screen to remove his gauntlets for the battle so his sister could actually deal damage to him. (Leather Gauntlets unequipped for battle) As the timer counted down to the beginning of their duel, he noticed that she became more serious.

"Just because you're my sister doesn't mean that I'm going to hold back against you. I hope you know that." He warned, unsheathing his longsword and taking his battle stance.

Ourian [O][///]

Nelianna [///////]

"Oh my god! I'm still older than you! That makes you the little brother!" She exclaims, examining Ourian's battle stance and trying to find a weak point. His knees were bent slightly with his sword drawn back as if readying for a thrust attack. His left arm was extended alongside the blade, his thumb and pinky finger pinching the blade slightly about three inches from the tip.

It looks like he's going for the first move...

With only ten seconds left until the duel started, she readied herself.

Ourian: 13/13

Nelianna: 7/7

"I swear... you are such a troll! You just enjoy pissing people off, don't you?" She teased, watching as the timer counted the remaining five seconds.

Five

Four

Three

Two

One

The buzzer sounded and the duel began

I'm not giving him the chance to strike first! She thought, rushing at him with her gladius trailing at her side for an upward slash.

Typical... Ourian thought, commenting on the fact that she has always been rather hasty to attack in any game they've ever played together. As she got close enough to attack, he sidesteps the attack and allows the gladius' blade to pass right by him as he swung his blade to try and catch Nelianna in the arm.

Ourian [O][///]

Nelianna [///////]

Using the weight of her blade to her advantage, she spins with the swing of her sword mid-attack to avoid her brother's retaliation while at the same time putting some distance between the two of them. Rushing at him again, she brings the gladius above her head and leaps into the air for a downward slash.

Recovering from the charge, Ourian quickly twists his body around to face his sister head on.

"I may be sloppy, but you're still as predictable as ever!" Ourian taunts, jumping back and allowing Nelianna to hit the ground before him, her Gladius impaling the ground. As she strugled to free her gladius, Ourian rushes forward with his sword at his side and slashes at her.

Ourian [O][///]

Nelianna [///////]

As Ourian swung his sword, she used her gladius' handle as a pole and pushed herself to the left. Still holding on to the gladius, she spun around it, successfully evading her brother's attack and freeing her weapon. Recovering from the spin, she rushes at Ourian, spinning once to give her gladius momentum for a spinning slash.

Ourian: 12/13

Still recovering from his dash at Nelianna, he turns around just in time to see his sister's glowing gladius slash him in the chest.

"GAAAAH!" Ourian screamed as the gladius sliced through him. (Huge critical: 3 Damage) Still recovering from the hit, he couldn't help but think of what just happened. Was that a Sword Art?! Putting the thought aside, he runs at Nelianna, sidestepping at the last second to deliver a horizontal slash.

Ourian [//////////]

Nelianna [///////]

"Nngh!" She groans as the longsword sliced her slightly above her waist. (-1 HP) Unarmed, she kept her eyes trained on Ourian, slowly walking backward towards her gladius. Once the back of her boot nudged the blade, she slowly reached down and grabbed it up, not taking her eyes off Ourian for even a second, who was advancing on her for another attack. Thinking quickly, she spots a street lantern and gets an idea and rushes at him. As he slashed at her, she jumped away from him, effectively dodging the attack. Using the street lantern's pole as a turning point, she grabs onto it and swings herself around it.

I got you now! She thought, wielding the gladius backhanded once again to deliver a cleaving blow to Ourian's back.

Ourian: 9/13

Nelianna: 5/7

"Very clever, Sis..." Ourian said as he dropped to the ground between Nelianna's legs, causing Nelianna to miss her attack. "but still predictable." Once he hit the ground, he pushed himself backward, propelling him out from underneath his sister. Using his longsword to push himself upright, he springs up, bringing the blade up with him for a vertical slash.

Ourian [//////////]

Nelianna [///////]