[PP-01] Learning the Ropes, Part 2 (Complete)

"Gladly!" Ourian retaliated, thrusting his sword at the ground to give him a little boost and push himself further into the air. As Nelianna's gladius struck his longsword, Ourian allowed the blade to move with the swing of the gladius, landing on his feet with ease and stabbing at Nelianna from a crouching position.

Ourian [//////////]

Nelianna [///////]

Unable to twist around fast enough, Nelianna takes a stab to her left arm. (-1 HP) Swearing, she twists around and slashes at Ourian as a means to get some distance. As Ourian jumped back to avoid her retaliation as she planned, she gets up and stares him down.

Damn it! One more hit and I lose! She thought, trying to figure out some sort of plan of attack to keep the battle going. Unable to think of anything else, she rushes at him head on, the tip of her gladius trained at Ourian's chest.

Ourian: 9/13

Nelianna: 4/7

"Bring it, Nell!" Ourian shouted, stepping to the side to avoid the attack only to lose his balance as his leg his something hard. Unable to regain his balance, Nelianna's gladius successfully runs through Ourian's upper arm. (1 damage)

"Damn... I need to pay better attention." Ourian admitted, looking at the bench that stopped him from avoiding the attack. As Nelianna swung at Ourian's other arm, he sidesteps to the left and trips her up a little with his foot, knocking her off balance. Taking advantage of the situation, he spins the blade in his hand to wield it backhanded and leaps into the air, twisting his body around to deliver a backhanded spinning slash.

Ourian [//////////]

Nelianna [///////]

Unable to recover in time, she feels her brother's sword slash her in the back. (-1HP) As she was about to get up, Ourian points his sword at her throat. Once the buzzer sounded for the duel to be over, Nelianna's gaze dropped from her brother to the ground in disappointment.

"Damn it..." She cursed, throwing her gladius away from her. Unable to look her brother in the eye, she continued to stare at the ground.

Ourian: 8/13

Nelianna: 3/7 (Defeated)

Sheathing his longsword, he walks over to Nelianna and rests his hand on her shoulder.

"Don't be so hard on yourself... That was a good fight." Ourian admitted, trying to cheer her up. "I never would have thought you could wield that Gladius the way you did." Walking over to her gladius, he picks it up and grabs her hand and opens it, placing the handle of the weapon in her hand. "All we need to do now is help you perfect your technique. By the way, what are you going to name that sword art you used earlier?"

Taking the gladius and returning it to its sheath on her back, she just shakes her head. "I don't know... I don't even know how I used it..." She admitted, remembering the moment her gladius glowed. It glowed a fierce red color and all she could feel at the time was a strong anger at Ourian. Not a hateful anger, mind you... more like a determined anger.

"I'm guessing my anger is what triggered it... So maybe Raging Swing?"