[PP-F1] Getting the Medicine (Crow & Lessa)

"Hacha, misson time people." Crow said to himself as he was wandering around floor ones main plaza, the day was still young as he was ready to go and stab some monsters. "With me and my toothpick blade i will conqure these lonely mosters." He said as he was already full of energy and rearing to go, but he had a singel problem, he had no clue where to start, or even who to go with. Crow was a people person, and he liked the attention they gave him, by all means he was a popstar, of course he loves the attention. But as the wind picked up, his violet waist long hair dance behind him, he pulled it up in a ponytail, a way to keep it out of his face, using a red ribbon to hold it there.

He struted around in his open collared white dress shirt, with a pair of black denim jeans, and a pair of black leather fashion boot. He enjoyed this outfit, made him feel more comfortable, and relaxed, as he looked up at the sky, the sun was overhead and he covered his now Ice blue eyes, as he blocked out the sun. He looked around seeing many female players looking at his female like appearance, as he looked into the fountain as he saw his reflection in the water, he chuckled abit. "Guess dad was right, I do look like a girl, oh well."

He thought to himself as he turned and sat down, his hair dancing and fluttering behind him, trying to dive into the water behind him. As he places his hand on his chin, he closed his eyes and thought for abit, "I took that Medicine misson, but now I need to find out how to complete or even start it ." He thought abit as he sat there and pondered on the matter at hand, oblivious about what was going on around him.

Lessa nibbled at a piece of bread as she moved down the crowded streets of Starting City. She had spent the morning exploring the shops. True, she did not have much to spend, but she could get some ideas for her own shop. And besides, window shopping was an excellent way to pass the time.

Blue eyes scanned the people who passed by, searching for familiar faces. She knew very few people in the game, but it was always a pleasant surprise to bump into an acquaintance. And Starting City was always a place where one might encounter even a high level player. It was the shops, and the familiar sense of safety, that continued to bring people back.

It was the man's strange outfit that caught her attention first. Most everyone in town wore the basic starter gear, herself included. This individual, however, was dressed in denim jeans and a white dress shirt. Curious, Lessa moved closer to examine him. As she did so, she took account of how confused he looked.

"Hi there," she greeted, moving up alongside him. She simply could not walk away from a person who needed help. "You look confused. Do you need help?"

Crow looking up to a young woman standing before him, asking if he could use some help, as he smiles and stands up he looks down at her. Being 6'3, he over towered her, "Why of course, I do require some assistance, for you see I am heading towards the Medicine misson, and have no info on it yet." "I hope a lovely young woman lke yourself can help me out here." He said in a pleasent tone of voice, as his once Ice blue eyes shifted to their Diamond blue hue, as his violet colored hair swayed behind him.

His young appeal made him look quite younger, as he looked up and then stared at the sun once again. "I was hoping to have it done before nightfall, or at least before it became late afternoon." "Maybe you would like to accompany me on this quest miss?" He said as he was using his smooth-talker skills to use, seeing her have a two-handed straight sword, he gave a little worried look. "My well... thats a large sword, alL I need is my Rapier." He said with a little smile, seeing how player who used large weapons such as hammers, axes and swords, were quite willing to use alot of strength.

Crow on the other hand, liked to stay light and quick on his feet, as he used a Rapier, and as well, he would like to get some leather armor. But as he quickly looked towards to the forest he looked at the young woman again, "Dare I may ask, would you by chance take the lead, I for one am quite new to the area, for I don't get out much." He asked as he gave her a calm and cool tempermanted looked, hoping he could get some training in.

Listening to him speak, Lessa nodded along. And when he finally concluded, she gave a small shrug. "I'm not sure how much help I will be," she admitted to him, "but I'd be more than happy to give it a shot." With a swipe of her hand, her menu materialized. As she scrolled through her quests, she continued to speak. "I do not think that this a quest I've seen before." Satisfied that the quest name was not on her list, she closed out of her menu. "But, as long as you have the quest, I see no reason not to tag along. I could use the experience." That was no lie, as she had the biggest fight of her life in a couple of days. If she was going to hold her own, she would have to be stronger by then. Helping this man on his quest would only help matters.

The young woman motioned for him to follow her, moving away from the heart of the city, and toward the outer walls. "It is a big sword, yes," she agreed suddenly, giving him a smile. "I'm a pretty strong girl. I think it suits me just fine." Studying his weapon of choice, she added, "looks like you prefer speed over power?"

As Crow followed the young woman, he nodded, "Aye, but speed can be powerful, if used correctly, I like to stay fast, and light." "Yes alot of power goes from a swing of a Claymore, but if you can't hit your target then your SOL." "But don't get me wrong I almost picked a weapon like yours, but I remembered the weapon I was taught by my mother, so I picked this as mine." Crow said as he gave this woman a pleasent look, and then looked up, as the sun was noonish, and he sighed, "The names Crow, pleasure to meet you miss." He said as he bowed and gave her a smile, his ice blue eyes turned Diamond blue in front of her, as he was in a pleasent mood right now.

He adjusted his hair and then grunted as he was sick of it like this, and he lat it loose, as it reached out for the sky as he untied the ribbon and placed it in his pocket. "So I hear the Nepents are quite weak, but they hunt in numbers, my research was that the Nepents have 2 HP, and that they usually hunt in groups of 4 to 6." "But there is a chance that we may encounter small groups as well, I hope that I can kill them fast like ma taught me." He said as his eyes lite up as he remembered his mothers face, and he gave a small smile, and looked up to see the forest line, as he gave a small look at the trees and bushes.

"Be wary, he have something or things ahead, I think our enemies have made the first move today." He said as he drew his Rapier and went into a fencing stance. He was sure to be careful, as he walked forward and poked the bushes as a few Nepents jumped out, "I knew it, prepare for battle, "On Guard." He yelled as he charged the first Nepent.

Edit:

As Crow rushed at the third Nepent, the one with the most HP, he thrusted his Rapier, and impacted the flesh, his violet hair dancing in all directions, as his Ice blue eyes gazed at the other tow Nepents. As the one he attacked bursts into blue pixels. He leaps back and sins his blade in his hand, "Eh bien, c'était une mort sur la grève, est une autre venir de moi?" He said on French as the translator above his head kicked in and translated to the language the young woman could understand.

<>

"Eh bien, c'était une mort sur la grève, est une autre venir de moi?"

<>

"Well that was an dead on strike, shall another come from me?"

Party

Crow: 5/5

[Rolled a 9: Critical: One base damage; plus one from Crit.]

[Plus one from skill level (OHR)]

[Total Damage: 3; Towards Nepent 3]

Lessa: 15/15

Enemy

Nepent 1: 2/2

Nepent 2: 2/2

Nepent 3: 0/3 Dead

Nepent 4: 2/2

"Weak, huh?" Lessa thought for a moment, and was startled to feel the slightest traces of disappointment. Part of her had hoped for more of a challenge. Knock it off, she scolded herself silently. You're with a new player. Anything more powerful would be a serious threat to his health. Reminding herself of the young man's low level, she determined that protecting him was more important than leveling up herself.

The thought of it nearly made Lessa laugh aloud. She was suddenly in a mentor position, despite the fact that she was still learning herself. Oh, how things have changed.

Lessa watched her companion strike the more powerful of the three nepents. He mowed it down easily, and the woman gave a satisfied nod. "You seem to know what you're doing," she commented, stepping forward for her own attack.

As the young woman lined up to slice the first nepent, but was shocked to feel something strike her leg. Another nepent had snuck in, inflicting one damage. Lessa gave an annoyed groan, kicking at the enemy.

{Nepent 2 deals one damage.}

Crow 5/5

Lessa 14/15

Nepent 2: 2/2

Crow saw the young woman take a hit, as he knew she was stronger than him, he couldn't let anyone get hurt. He let out a loud roar as he chraged the Nepents, now he was fired up, and rearing to kill again. "By my blade I shall smit thee into Oblivion!!" He yelled as he got in front of the Nepents and trhusted his blade at the one that attacked his partner, hoping he would kill it with one hit.

Edit:

As Crows Rapier haulted the Nepents movement, he pulled out and then thrusted several more times, as he movements were lightning fast and accurate. He finally pulled ihs blade out and did a Flamengo stance as the Nepent bursts into a million blue triangle pixels. He chuckles as they dance around him and glitter, he opened his eyes, Diamond blue they were as he jumped back and readied his blade. "These things are weak, maybe a wolf or boar may help with my training." "But leave that for another time shale we miss... my apologies I never asked you your name." "May I have the honor of knowing it miss?" He said as he was being a gentleman like his mother taught him to be.

Party

Crow: 5/5 (After this battle I shall imput new HP level as I leveled up.)

[Rolled a 6: Hit: One base damage]

[Total Damage: 2; Towards Nepent 2]

Lessa: 14/15

Enemy

Nepent 2: 0/2 Dead

Watching the nepent die was actually quite satisfying. "You little-" Lessa muttered, drawing back her sword, and lunging toward the first enemy once again. She inhaled sharply, tucking her head, and picking up speed across the short distance. She emitted a soft grunt of exertion as she brought the claymore across her body.

Unfortunately, the young woman misjudged the location of the nepent. As she brought down her weapon, the enemy darted to one side. Her strike barely grazed it, inflicting no damage.

{Nepent 1 deals one damage.}

Crow 5/5

Lessa 13/15

[Geeze, the rolls are not on my side.]

Like last time, Crow saw the young woman take a hit, as his eyes locked on the Nepent that attacked his compariate. He rushed in as the Nepent jiggled away abit, nowing of the danger that the young Euroasian could inflict. As he thrusted his blade at it, he wanted to kill of anything that harmed his party and new friend, as he watched the tip of his blade come close to the Nepent.

Edit:

As Crows blade met its mark, he chuckled abit as he stabbed into the cowardly Nepent, and he pulled out doing a 360 spin and tapped his boots. As the Nepent bursts into millions of pretty blue pixels and Crow leaps back, "Try to focus, my mother always said, a clear mind means your blade will always move swiftly." He said as he pointed his Rapier at the last Nepent, "Either way, this beastie is going to be sent to Oblivion." He gave a confident statement and then went defensive.

Party

[Rolled a 8: Hit: One base damage]

[Total Damage: 2; Towards Nepent 1]

Lessa: 13/15

Enemy

Nepent 1: 0/2 Dead

[OOC- I can see that, I don't like it when that happens to me as well.]

Try to focus, Lessa thought to herself. Part of her was annoyed that such a new player was giving her advice, but she quickly scolded herself for having such thoughts. She was performing poorly, and becoming upset by it would not help anyone. Instead, she concentrated on slowing her breathing, and calming her racing heart. Nothing got her body more worked up than frustration. Relax, she told herself.

Another nip at her ankle told her that the final nepent had attacked again, and she had been too late to place her attack. But the angry flush was beginning to leave her cheeks, so it had not been a total failure. The newcomer would finish them off, no doubt. He probably needed the experience more than she did, anyway.

Lessa: 12/15

Enemy

[Goodness.]

As the young woman takes another hit, Crow cringes, as he readies his Rapier, he charges at the remaining Nepent and thrusts his blade at the plant monster. My violet colored hair, dancing in my face as I rush at the pathetic monster, as I looked up at the young lady and gave her a smile.

Edit:

As Crows Rapier makes contact, he sees it stop moving and then it split down the middle, as it slide down and fell limb on the ground. As Crow turned and sheathed his Rapier, as it hits the tip of the scabbard, the Nepent bursts into a million blue pixels, and Crow opnes his eyes. "Lovely, too bad, no mats or items." He says as he closes the tab and looks at the Lessa, "Let us continue." He says as he turns to the forest and continues onward.

Party

Crow: 5/5 (Will level after this battle)

[Rolled a 10: Hyper Critical: One base damage, plus two extra]

[Total Damage: 4; Towards Nepent 4]

Lessa: 12/15

Enemy

Nepent 4: -2/2 Dead; Overkill

The blonde watched as the data rained down around Crow. "Well done," she comments, her words genuine. Attacking multiple enemies at once was something that she was still trying to improve on. It was difficult to split her attention between all targets. Her companion, however, had handled himself exceptionally well. As he took off for the forrest, she fell into step behind him, Hell Rose at the ready. She would not be so ineffective next time an enemy appeared. A breeze kicked up out of no where, catching her long hair and the leaves around them. The woman turned to look up at the sky for a moment, taking a second to appreciate the beauty and realism of the virtual world. Sometimes, she nearly forgot that she was not back home.

Crow looked around abit, as he was trygin to find someplace to rest abit, he hoped onto a nearby log and croucthed down abit, as he gazed the terraine. Nothing he couldn't find anything, as he stands up and turns his head slightly, he frowns, as he had a poor expression on his face. "Where to go next?" He mumbled to himself as he plopped down on the the log and crossed his arms, and closed his eyes, and thinks abit. "Where to now, gosh this is going to be hard, the forest is thick, and it's going to get dark in a few hours, we need to find this Nepent soon." He pondered abit before he leaned back and hanged upside down and saw the young lady staring at him, "You know, i never caught your name Madame, may I have the pleasure of knowing it?" He said in a goofy tone of voice, as he hung by his legs as he was getting the blood flowing to his brain.

Lessa regarded the man with a small smile. He was difficult to read, this one. He could be so serious at times, yet other times she would catch him hanging upside-down. "Its Lessa," she replied, nodding slightly. "Nice to meet you."

She climbed up onto a similarly sized log of her own, which rest not too far from Crow. Folding her legs beneath her, she savored the moment of peace. Though they were on a mission, she found it nice to be able to relax. Sure, there was always the possibility of an attack, and she could never be as calm as she might be in a safe zone, but this was still cherished rest time.

"Ive never done this quest," she informed him, with an apologetic shrug. "Unfortunately, that means that I'm not much help with navigation. But I'll try to help you with the battles, when they do pop up."

"Tis not a problem, I don't mind it, helps me gain knowledge in the terrane, I do hope we can find this Nepent soon, I'm not too big on explroing by night time." Crow said as he still hanging by his legs, as he looked over at Lessa, and chuckled, "So tell me about yourself Lessa, I would love to get to know you abit more." He said as he swung his body up and he caught hold of the branch and pulled himself up. As he now was sitting in the Lotus postion waiting to hear what she could tell him.