[PP-F3] Joining the Knights (Shark)

The players were giving it their all and working together. I was very happy and thought about giving them a bit of help just to speed things along. Keep up the great work guys!! I yelled so they still felt encouraged. I walked around the outer area of the fight to observe all angles of the battle to see if there is anything else that could be used. I didn't see anything useful so I readied my equipment so I was prepared for whatever happens next.

Alright Angel, keep it up! I yelled since the boss' health was dwindling at a decent rate.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[MONSTER POST]

This had gone on for long enough. The Minotaur had reached it's limit and was starting to get tired of the players that where attacking him. With his ax free, he looked for the one who started it all; the one dressed in maroon and purple. Then he saw him, standing on the ground looking confused. The Minotaur's eyes went red and he let loose a massive roar that shook what was left of the forest area. Then he whipped his ax over his head and onto the player....

(Minotaur is now in Rage Mode; this means -2 to Battle Dice, but +2 to Damage)

[Dice]

The Minotaur's strike was to far to the left and crashed into the ground next to the player. When contact was made, the area shook violently, causing the players to stumble or fall. But the one in red never fell.

Minotaur 20/45 (+1 Thorn Damage)

Angel felt the ax crash into the ground next to him. But while everyone else around him seemed to stumble, he merely stabbed his blade into the ground and braced himself. When the tremor ceased, Angel refocused on the situation. "Come on!" He shouted to the players around him. "We attack now, while it's weak!" He said as he jumped up onto the ax handle and ran up towards the Minotaur's face. Angel seemed to smile as his blade crackled against the air. "Heavenly Barrage!" He shouted and the blade flashed a bright light. Then, he swung the blade....

[Dice]

..... As he swung, the Minotaur glared straight through him. It's hand shot up and grabbed the players before he could attack. As Angel struggled, his blade lost it's glow. Then things got bad. The Minotaur roared straight at him, and then slowly started to close it's grip around him. Angel felt his virtual body start to break, his bones snapping under the pressure. "AGH!" he coughed out, the pain starting to affect him.

Angel: 23/29 (3 - 1(DM) = 2 Damage)

Minotaur: 20/45 HP

The first player heard Angel shot for them to all to attack while its weak. Yes sir! He yelled and started his attack. At that point he lit his sword a bright yellow and charged in at the beast. He bolted to help out Angel while the other two wait for the right time to strike.

The player ran so fast to where the monster didn't even notice him. He jumped up and put his sword right across the monsters chest and dealt some damage.

Player 1: 15/15

Player 2: 12/12

Player 3: 12/12

> 17/45

[MONSTER POST]

The Minotaur swiveled its head to look at all the players that were once again joining the fight. Its face twisted into a look of absolute rage and anger. With the player still in its hand, the Minotaur reached down with its other hand and grabbed the ax handle. Then it lifted the weapon straight up, ripping the ground underneath it. The Minotaur then once again scanned the area. Its mind was working to come up with a decision; continue to crush the player in its hand or deal with the other players buzzing around. After a moment or two of pondering, it made a decision; crush the player......

(Rage: -2 Battle Dice, +2 Damage)

[Dice]

.... But just as the Minotaur started to squeeze the player, a strange feeling shot through its body. When it tried to close its hand, it felt resistance. The more it tried to close its hand, the more resistance it felt against it. Then, something else happened. The Minotaur's hand started to be forced open. That's when the player was visible, its arms and legs extended outward against the Minotaur's hand. Upon further observation, the player's eyes seemed to have glazed over with a hellish expression.

Angel had officially lost control. For what seemed like years he had kept this part of him under control and out of sight. But whenever things got to serious or his body was under to much stress, his mind snaps and he becomes, different. Using all his strength, he pushed his arms and legs against the Minotaur's grip until he had a clear line of sight with it. His eyes had changed from their usual brown and were now a dark red. A frown was applied to where his smile usually rested. As the monsters shared a moment of understanding, Angel struck like a cobra.

He planted his feet on the back of the Minotaur's hand and propelled himself forward, blade pointed out like he was an arrow. He aimed for the monster's neck, it's weak point. If he could get in close, he knew he could finish this.....

[Dice] MISS

.... But Angel's haste was inevitably his downfall. He aimed to quickly and didn't calculate for any outside sources. A sudden gust of wind blew him off his course and to add to the differing sources, the Minotaur moved it's head to avoid the attack. Angel was now flying through the air at high speed, straight towards the ground. But his anger acted as a sort of assistant in combat situations. The motivation to not give up was a strange fuel, one that appeared in large quantities when lost control. He twisted his body in mid-air and landed feet first into the ground, kicking up a massive amount of dust and dirt, as well as creating a crater where he landed. He took some damage, but he didn't care at this point.

Angel 21/29 (3 - 1(DM) = 2 Total)

The second player was so enraged with how things were going that he activated the > skill and bolted hard at the beast. This needs to end soon! He yelled as he jumped at the boss.

The player made clean contact with the boss since it was busy messing with Angel. Go back to shards you monster! He yelled as he cut through the beast.

> 14/45

[MONSTER POST]

As his health dipped into the red zone, the Minotaur began to refocused its attention on the maroon player. It had hit the ground hard and it's health was slowly dropping. "Good, the maggot will parish and I shall be rid of him forever." the Minotaur thought, its programming giving it a makeshift personality. It held its ax firmly and rushed towards the player, ready to cause more damage.....

[Dice]

.... What happened next surprised the Minotaur. The player had launched itself at the Minotaur head first, almost like a rocket. It collided with the Minotaur's stomach, sending it back a little and causing a bit of damage. When the Minotaur recovered, it saw the player standing there. Its eyes seemed to glow red through the dust that had been kicked up from the attack.

Minotaur 12/45 HP (-2)

Angel was gone; at least, mentally he was. His mind was shot but his body was still going, not willing to stop just because he had lost some HP. His eyes focused on the Minotaur's as he drew his black blade. He had abandoned his shield by now and was focused on finishing this fight. He braced himself against the ground, his blade tucked into his side. Then he launched himself forward, blade extended forward.

[Dice]

..... But the Minotaur was once again one step ahead of Angel. It sidestepped and as it did so, it swung it's blade up and over. It crashed into Angels back, smacking him down to earth once more. As he felt the blade sink into his back, Angel felt something else; rage. He was starting to get to angry to think. When he slammed into the ground, he realized how tired he was of eating dirt. He slowly stood up, his body shaking and woozy from the hit.

Angel 19/29 (3 - 1DM = 2 Total Damage)

The third player saw the success of the previous one that he ran in as well to get a nice solid hit on the boss. This is gonna hurt you fiend! He yelled as he jumped into the air with his sword aimed at the heart of the beast.

The player landed the attack but just missed the heart. Dang, missed the mark. No matter. You still take damage! He said as he returned next to the other players.

> 9/45

[MONSTER POST]

The Minotaur's health dipped into the red, and its attitude was the same. The monster was close to death but it was far from quitting the fight. The Minotaur looked back at the maroon player, the one who started it all. He lifted his ax up once again, this time going for the kill.....

[Dice]

..... The Minotaur's blind rage was starting to make it sloppy. The ax crashed into the ground next to the player, missing its target barely. But the player didn't budge. This made the Minotaur glare at the player with anger. Was he not afraid of the monster in front of him? Or was he simply crazy?

<> 9/45

Angel looked up at the Monster with a strange look in his eyes. He wasn't so much angry as he was irritated. He hadn't made a solid hit yet, but he had also dealt a solid amount of damage. And yet, when he needed it most, he couldn't attack properly. And after a moment or two of thinking, he decided that he needed to clear his mind. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and then opened his eyes. He gripped his sword tightly and focused his gaze on the Minotaur. Then he planted is feet and launched himself up at the monster with a fixed gaze......

[Dice]

..... The blade stabbed into the Minotaur's jaw, sending the monster's head back and up. As it tried to roar out in both anger and pain, Angel simply twisted the blade violently. The fight was almost over and he was eager to finish it. But he couldn't right now. He had to wait for victory, like anyone else. He ripped his blade out of the monster's neck and jumped back to the ground. "Now! While he's weak, do it now!" He shouted to the other players, willingly giving up the chance of victory.

<> 2/45 (1 + 2(Rank) + 2(Weapon) + 2(Hyper Crit) = 7 TOTAL DAMAGE

The fourth player saw the spot Angel had left for him to swing in and finish the monster. I've got this! He yelled as he charged in at the monster. He turned his blade a reddish color and swung at the beast.

The monster was not even paying attention to the player as he jumped into the air. He came down and sliced the beast in half and came back next to the others. Now that's over. Thanks for your help. He said as he watched the beast explodes into the millions of shards.

> 0/45

Angel sighed in relief as he saw the monster explode into a billion tiny pixels. He sheathed his sword and put away his shield before nodding towards the players. "No problem. Just doing my job." Angel said with a weary grin. Then he stretched his back and walked towards Shark, curious to see how he had reacted to the fight. As he walked, he stretched his arms and took a couple slow, deep breaths. He was a still a little angry from the fight and he needed to calm down before speaking to Shark. He knew from past experiences to keep a level head when talking to people.

I watched as the players thanked Angel. I was happy to see their gratitude. Angel then came towards me, stretching from the fight. Well done Angel. Overall it was a good fight and you used what was around to your advantage. I like that. I suggest that you work on your communication and encouraging, but we can work on that. How do you feel you did? I said as I saw how tired he was.

Angel heard Shark's notes and sat down, putting his arms on his knees and resting his forehead on his arms. "The monster's dead and the players are safe, that's all that matters to me." He said as he laid back, starring at the sky. Shark's words still echoed in his ears; I suggest you work on your communication and encouraging. Angel had been a solo player for a long time, being reluctant to join any Guild that offered. He wasn't much of a people person even though he was quite social when he needed to be. In his mind, conversation wasn't the top priority when it came to fighting. His priority was to get everyone back home in one piece, that was his job as a Tank. A small frown appeared on his face as he awaited Shark's response, his mind elsewhere.

Angel sat down and just said that the players are safe and the monster is dead and that's all that matters. I agree with you there but having communication is vital to safe battles. Communication helps others know when you can give them an opening or give them coverage. It's mainly so everybody knows what is going on. With encouraging, it helps keep people in a good mood so they can fight with all they have and they won't lose focus and get themselves killed. I said as I tried to make him think a bit more. All I am saying is to just work on those things so battles can be safer and smooth. That's why I always create plans of action. I want everyone to know what's going on at all times of a battle. That's what keeps us strong and safe. I said as I started to walk back to the main town.

I looked back at Angel. If you want to work on what I said, then follow me. If not, I'm sure our paths will cross another time. I said as I continued to walk back to town.

Angel watched as Shark got up and started to leave. After a moment or two of waiting, Angel sighed. "Damn it." He said under his breath, then he got up and followed after Shark. As they walked, Angel opened his menu and changed into his casual wear; a black shirt, slacks, and some boots. His hands had black fingerless gloves and a bandanna appeared around his spiky white hair. He placed his hands in his pockets and kept close to Shark.

I got back to the main city of the 3rd floor and saw that Angel was right behind me. Good to see you want to improve your skills. I said as I unequipped my armor and weapons. So, I take it you wish to join the guild? I said as I opened my menu to locate Zero's location. I was happy he wanted to better his skills and become a better fighter.

Angel nodded. "Sounds like a nice place. Plus, the world's getting more dangerous by the minute; it wouldn't hurt to have a few friends on your side." He said as he continued to follow Shark to wherever they were going. Angel had been a solo player for a long time and he'd been doing good for himself. But recently, he noticed that some fights were taking longer to finish then he was used to. Either the monsters were getting stronger or he was getting weaker, and he preferred the first one. He didn't like to think about himself as weak which was one of the main reasons he trained so hard. He didn't want to fall behind the rest of the world and get killed in what should be an easy fight.

"So, if I may ask, where are we going oh fearless leader?" he asked, his curiosity getting the better of him about their destination.