[PP FL8] Summer Ball Event[Featuring Lessa]

The summer was winding down as everyone was busy on the eighth floor preparing for this event. The people were laughing and giggling as couples came in troves. Kiluia stood there at the NPC and tilted his head as he stared at the rules and regulations. It seemed that it was an event that allowed free items and perhaps a familiar of sorts. That caught his attention as he perked a brow. He flipped down his menu and selected Lessa. She may be interested in doing this. He simply started typing up a message.

" Hey. Did you wanna do this event with me? Its a couples event but its handing out free items and a familiar on top of another familiar if you already have one. I don't care about it being a couples event. Figured I'd ask ya since I don't wanna do this alone..."

He sent the message and looked at the people entering a maze. Seemed rather stupid to be a maze but it may be fun. It gave them time to chat and talk it seemed as it was going in at a timed interval so people could enjoy it. He also looked at the décor as well. It was highlighted beautifully and he would smile a bit. This seemed a bit fun.

Lessa had been tending to her shop on the second floor when she received a message from Kiluia. She gave it a read over, then paused to consider the offer. Why not? She asked herself. It was just another task, and it seemed like a fairly easy one at that. If their not being a couple would not complicate things, she saw no reason to deny the man's request. Lessa sent back a brief message as she moved out of the shop and toward the eighth floor.

Sure! See you soon.

It took a while to find Kiluia. The young woman had never ventured any higher than the forth floor, and it took some help from other players to find the place, even with a map. When her gaze finally set on her companion, she jogged up to him. "Sorry to keep you waiting!"

He was dressed casually today leaving his armor behind but kept his dagger. He had double checked the rules and guidelines and one had to be extremely unlucky to run into a monster. Today's attire consisted of a white button up dress shirt and a neck tie that wasn't all the way tied really. It was dress down day for Kiluia. A slight smile would shift towards his face as his crimson eyes would gaze at the woman. " Hello there." He extended his arm out to her so they could walk in together in the maze." Who said I was waiting ?" He grinned at her as the line started to shrink.

He simply marveled at how quick this girl could catch on with everything that was going on in the world. Impressed even one would say. He flashed a smile at the Npc as they grew nearer. The others were laughing and looked like thus was supposed to be some amazing date. He then caught the end of a sentence of one of the couples. Dancing and literally all the blood withdrew from his face."Le. Le... let's get going."

"You look snazzy," she commented warmly, slipping her arm through his. The young woman had also thought to change her clothes, when one of the other players had asked if she really planned to do the event in what she was wearing. She now wore a pair of simple black slacks, and a blouse in her signature light pink color. Hell Rose was not strapped to her back at that moment, but she knew she could equip it when the time called for it. Her long blonde hair fell to the middle of her back in loose, natural curls.

The people who milled about them seemed to be having an excellent time. Players and NPCs alike clung to their dates, and the sight caused Lessa to give Kiluia's arm a small squeeze. "Excited?" She whispered. She certainly was. It had been a long time since she had done a social event like this.

Lessa seemed very sweet as he gazed down upon the young woman. A slight rosy expression formed on his face as he scratched his cheek speaking." Ye..yeah." He chuckled a bit shaking it off. His imagination always getting the best of him. He tucked his hand into his pocket with the one she was holding his arm too drawing her closer. Eyes studied the crowd as they seemed to be doing the same thing. He just followed suit. He didn't wanna be alienated for not being with someone close in that perspective. She was close to him on another scale. The one with life and death hung over their heads." You look good." He complimented with a smile.

Once it reached to them , he gazed at the NPC and smiled." Us two please." The npc nodded and responded with a gesture for the two to enter the maze." Let the games begin.." He would grin down at her.

At his compliment, she broke out into a grin. "Thank you!" She replied, looking up at him with wide, happy eyes. As the pair passed the NPC, and were ushered inside, she felt a shiver of excitement race up and down her body. They passed through the entrance a moment later, and before she knew it, they were finally inside the maze.

"This is nice," she commented suddenly, scanning the path in front of them. The steep walls towered over them on both sides, but the decorations gave the place a festive feel. It reminded her of the decorations from her high school prom. Goodness, that feels like a life-time ago, Lessa thought to herself. Had it really only been a couple of years?

It was a maze.. A rather simplistic one without windows and assorted. Visage would scale the walls as they walked arm in arm together. This was an interesting place as he continued his merry way down the slightly narrow space presented." They don't give you much room to walk..." He smiled slightly. The couples in front seemed like they were having a good time and he spoke to her." So.. what did you do before sao?" He would try to make small talk on the way to the event.

He wasn't nervous or anything. Just a bit weird not fighting or something. Using time to go through a maze was a bit fun though, he had to admit. A great lesson in getting to know your peers or just to unwind and go with the flow.

At the mention of her life back home, Lessa gave a small smile. Thinking of the past brought her mixed feelings. Part of her found pleasure in the memories. Reflecting on the way things used to be gave her hope, and motivated her to work harder so that she could be there. But on the other hand, the past caused a sinking feeling of sadness in the pit of her stomach. It had been a while since she had been trapped in the game. How much longer would it be? Months? Years? Would she die here?

"I was a student," she replied, doing her best to rid her mind of such thoughts. "Studying to be a teacher. I had about one year to go. I was already doing some student teaching." She paused, then shook her head. "I really loved it. I think teaching really is my purpose." Then, she gave Kiluia's arm a squeeze. "How about you?"

Hearing her story made him feel a little normal as the duo traveled down the darkened corridor. He spoke in a soft tone and smiled." I just graduated high school. This game was my treat from brother. I used to part time as a bodyguard for certain individuals but it wasn't a choice job. More inherited from my family. I was going to school to practice medicine or something." He looked down again at her and shrugged." I like animals and they don't mind my company really. They also don't judge someone so.."

They took a left and Kiluia leaned into her avoiding the edge. He looked from the front and back of him. Each person seemed to be reacting to jokes..This was simply a poor choice of character of his.. he had to observe people. But then he looked back at her and patted her hand. " You will do a fine job as a teacher. Stop by Tokyo sometime...I live out there.. I hope still." He pondered the thought for a moment. A few others had said he had passed out for 3 days.. did he get transferred to a hospital? He waved the thoughts off and back down at her once more. " What studies do you plan on teaching ?"

"Medicine, eh?" She ginned. "My roommate back home was studying to be a vet. You sound just like her, actually. She also preferred the company of animals to that of humans." Lessa shrugged. "Which I can understand. I'm a people person. I love being around people, but not everyone is like me that way." Then, she winked. "I sure hope you don't mind my company," she added, good-naturedly.

"Seems like a long time since I graduated high school. It was a great time for me though. Tried everything, from theatre to track and field. Met a lot of wonderful people." At the memory, Lessa took on a tight-lipped smile.

She paused for a moment, the pair walking in silence. Other couples giggled and conversed around them, but Lessa and her companion were quiet. She did not mind it, though, as the silence was not an uncomfortable one. Finally, "Tokyo, huh? I don't know if I could handle a city that large."

Lessa seemed to be a good person all around. Seemed that the two would get along off the field as well as on field of war. He simply enjoyed the chatter of small talk of others and then he spoke to her." You are fantastic company. I think we are fooling the others that we are a couple. Tokyo would seem like a good fit for ya.. " He smiled faintly a bit before asking again." Any family? Someone going to greet you when we reach the other side?" He had one person left. And that was a variable if he would visit him by his bedside or not.

He took another deep breath as he rounded a right. So far this maze didn't make a bit of sense but they were getting distance. He had memorized their steps and it seemed they had traveled at least half a mile so far from walking. He leaned into her a bit and spoke." We gonna dance ? " He asked like he was about to blow a huge secret.

Clearly embarrassed by his couples comment, Lessa's face turned a deep crimson color. "Heh, yeah," she replied softly, dipping her head a bit to hid her small smile. But at the mention of family, she perked right up. "I do!" Her eyes danced as she looked up at Kiluia. "My family means everything to me. I have my mom, my dad, and my three brothers." Her voice grew a bit softer, but she continued to speak. "I miss them a lot, and think about them constantly. Honestly, I think that they are the only thing keeping me going in here. I need to see them again." She sighed softly, then shook her head and asked, "but what about you?"

As he asked her to dance, the blonde giggled softly. "I will if you will," came her reply.

He would whisper back and look her in the eyes. " I don't know if I can dance but I'll try.." He admitted to her like a giant secret. He returned to his normal stance as the corridor stretched down and he nodded." I did have a family. But I lost ties with them when I entered Highschool." He also admitted to her." My sister joined sao too. But my brother who bought it for us, he decided to just go back to work." He smiled faintly again." Hope he is okay watching over us." He shrugged as he traced his free hand on the walls of the maze.

His eyes flickered for a moment to her and studied her. She seemed to be having a good time. That was a good thing in his book. The others seemed to be having a good time as well. Most had their arms hooked around their companion somehow but he was comfortable with her arm and body around his. It seemed it was enough to charade their act."I grew up in the mountain side villages and the other visiting towns. We were like a military family of sorts. I didn't have many friends and the most are here in the game. Including you too." He ran his hand through his white hair.

Lessa was pleased when Kiluia called her a friend, but her lips turned into a frown at the mention of his sister. "I am so sorry," she whispered, looking up at the man as they walked. "That must be so hard." She hesitated for a moment, trying to decide if her next question would be appropriate. But because he spoke as if she was still around, she thought it was worth a try. "Have you found your sister here, in the game?" She asked softly.

"A mountain-side village sounds just lovely," she continued. "I grew up in the country. I absolutely love the rural lifestyle." She fell silent for a moment, thinking about the life she lived back home. The grand, beautiful farm house that she and her family lived in. The freshly mowed grass. The hay in the field next-door, bowing under the gentle wind. The horses milling about in the pasture. The memories consumed her so entirely, she nearly missed the sudden commotion behind her.

There was a loud grunt from over her shoulder. In a few quick motions, Lessa equipped her gauntlets and Hell Rose. But there was no time to spare, and she turned around and came face to face with what appeared to be a large monkey. Its red eyes were locked on her, and with no further warning, it lashed out at her. Luckily, she was ready. Bending her knees slightly, she brought her blade upward, cutting a deep wound in the arm that was reaching out for her. "What a surprise," she coughed, still breathing heavily from the surprise.

{Lessa deals 4 damage - base, +2 Hell Rose, +1 two-handed skill.}

Lessa 15/15

Kiluia 31/31

Monkey King 12/16

Before he could get a word in to speak to her, they would have to finish off this beast. Perhaps he could talk and fight at the same time. " Shes fine!" He would charge passed Lessa after her she made it back to safety." Shes back on the first floor with the church helping the children." He would kick one foot off the wall and his dagger would appear in his right hand. His dagger aimed straight at the monkey, however, he misjudged the distance between him and the Monkey King. The surrounding area was too confined for him to any type of fancy footwork with this. Its hairy fist caught Kiluia straight in the jugular sending him sprawling backwards towards Lessa.

He held his throat a bit rubbing it ever so slightly. Crimson eyes would flicker as he held a particular stance that Lessa was beginning to be familiar with. His air around him changed as he stood there with both palms facing each other in front of him. His once blue aura was replaced by a crimson like aura.. almost danced like a flame before the people around him. He couldn't allow the Monkey to strike innocent people. His loosened tie seemed to float as well as his hair becoming lighter than the air. With just several seconds going by, his body unleashed his particular aura for it to focus on him and him alone." Come get some Monkey boy." He extended his hand to wave him over. His crimson aura remaining only in Kiluia's eyes. [spiritual Light Activated.]

Kiluia 30/31

Lessa 15/15

Monkey King 12/16

The blonde flinched as Kiluia stumbled back toward her. She reached out to catch him, but he appeared to right himself just out of her reach. Then, her paused, his entire body going still. Though she was standing directly behind him, and therefore could not see what he was doing, she could imagine his now-crimson eyes beginning to glow. He was activating his Spiritual Light. Now, one mistake on my part could mean damage for Kiluia, she reminded herself. I have to be even more careful now.

Unfortunately, the beast lashed out at her the same way it had at Kiluia. As she made to thrust Hell Rose into the monkey's side, it swatted at her with its great fist. Just as she had feared, it took its anger out on her companion, striking him hard for a second time. "Sorry!" Lessa cried out. Then, "but I'm glad your sister is doing well."

{Monkey King deals 1 damage - Kiluia takes hit due to his Spiritual Light..}

Lessa 15/15

Kiluia 29/31

Monkey King 12/16

He flinched a slight bit at the strike of the monkey king. His eyes would shoot towards the creature before gazing back at Lessa. A soft smile would be seen as he nodded. "It is good." He would tilt his head slightly at her. The monkey king was a bit more crafty than he had anticipated. Hand would clutch his dagger staring at the beast with flame like eyes. He ran toward it now passing Lessa once more. It was just wide enough for the monkey to strike him but Kiluia was prone to doing wider attacks. As he swung hard right at the Monkey king, he caught the wall slightly and it slowed the strike of the blade to the king.

The King grinned and caught his arm and popped him in the left cheek with its huge fist. It caused Kiluia to stumble backwards. Crimson eyes flashed towards Lessa and he nodded." All you!" He held his cheek and rubbed it while gazing upon the furried freak of nature before him. This game was beginning to piss him off slowly.

Kiluia 28/31

Lessa 15/15

Monkey King 12/16

• 2 weeks later...

Lessa's lips were drawn into a tight line, and her blue eyes bore into the great beast. She had watched it swat at her and her companion as if they were mere insects. The first time or two had been frustrating, but now it was getting annoying. Now, Lessa was getting mad.

With a cry, she sprinted past Kiluia, raising her claymore up over her head. This attack was not pretty, but it was fast, and it found its mark as she brought the blade across the monkey's arm. The enemy gave a snarl, throwing its arm out in defense. Luckily, the woman had already moved out of its range. Satisfied, she watched its health bar dip. "Your turn," she told Kiluia, chest still rising and falling in anger.

{Rolled an 8 on the d10 die. Lessa deals 4 damage - base, +1 two-handed skill, +2 Hell Rose.}

Lessa 15/15

Kiluia 28/31

Monkey King 8/16