[PP-F4] Black and White (Steel and Primrose)

"This floor is pretty nice." Steel said to himself as he was walking down the streets of the snow covered fourth floor. Pretty soon, he had reached the gate that would lead out into the fields. "I wonder what kind of monsters are here, it's about time I check the fields out." He wasn't afraid about going out there having already been up to the sixth floor beforehand. As he walked out into the fields, he drew his sword and was ready to fight any monsters coming his way. It was then that he saw another person in the fields, presumably female. Looks like I wasn't the only one to come out here alone. He thought to himself. "You training out here too?" He called out to the girl.

I feel the chilly breeze whip at my face as I plunged my sword into yet another wolf. Things around here were starting to get boring, not many players attempted this part of floor four yet. With my cheeks red from the cold I look up to see another player near me, calling out to me. I straightened up and fixed my white cloak that was falling off of my shoulder.Yeah, I am. Are you here to train here or just hunt? I asked and placed my sword back on my hip. The last time I was out here alone with another player they had the worst temper so I was glad to see that the player's cursor was green.

"Sure, it's more fun to train with others anyway." Steel replied with a grin. "So what kind of monsters are around here?" He asked wanting to get some information so that he could create a plan for combat. It was then he heard a howl. In the slight distance, he saw a black wolf coming towards them. "Well, that partially answers my question. So that's what an alpha wolf looks like. It appears that'll be our first opponent." He then readied himself to fight.

Steel: 17/17

Primrose: 19/19

Alpha Wolf 10/10

Just as I was about to answer his question a howl was heard not too far away. Suddenly a wolf comes out from behind the shadows of the trees and lunged at Steel. Immediately, I pull out my sword and get in front of Steel to block the attack. The wolf jumped to about eye level and sank it's teeth into my shoulder. I gave a slight wince of pain and tore the wolf from me.

Primrose 19/19

Steel 17/17

Alpha Wolf 10/10

With a shout, Steel rushed at the wolf and knocked it away from Primrose with an elbow thrust. "You okay there?" He asked the girl as he got into a kendo stance which was strange since he was using a one handed sword and not a katana. His stance was a counter type, one that was meant to strike once the opponent tried to strike.

Steel 17/17

Primrose 19/19

Alpha Wolf 10/10

"Bring it on then wolf." Steel said as he changed his form again. His body turned to the side while his arms raised his sword to shoulder height while keeping it pointed at the wolf, his right elbow pointed backwards. As if taking it as a challenge, the wolf charged at Steel, baring its teeth at him. "Kofuna Shizen Ryu: Samidare!" Steel shouted before attacking the wolf with a sword technique that had been engraved into him from a young age back in the real world. The attack was able to knock back the wolf and deal it quite a bit of damage.

Steel 17/17

Primrose 18/19

Alpha Wolf 3/10

Steel landed a quite impressive hit on the Alpha wolf, knocking it's health down into the red zone. The wolf was now in a really bad mood, almost no stamina to fight the two of us either. It stopped and panted, leaving itself open for an attack. Taking that opportunity, I plunged my sword through the side of the monster. It yelped in pain and stepped away as I walked over to a tree with a calm look; I was used to this fighting. Finish it off! I yelled back over my shoulder at Steel and leaned my back against a tree.

Steel 17/17

Primrose 18/19

Alpha Wolf 1/10

+1 damage from sword.

"Understood." Steel replied before charging at the wolf. "Kofuna Shizen Ryu: Cyclone!" He exclaimed before unleashing another of his sword techniques from the real world. The sword hit the wolf dead on, causing it to shatter into data fragments once its health reached zero. "Well it's been defeated, nice work." He said to his current partner.

Steel 17/17

Primrose 18/19

Alpha Wolf Dead

I smiled when he killed the wolf with no issues, almost flawless. He has the fighting skills...but how about his reaction time? I thought then got an idea in my head. Thanks to my recruitment with Artorias, I now knew what I could do to test how fast he reacted. I pushed off the tree and started to walk backwards towards the slope in the forest.Thank you. Well it seems like your skilled fighter, you would- Suddenly I lost my balance and began to tumble down the snowy hill. With a wince every time I rolled back I shouted to Steel. Steel!

Gotta get there faster!! Steel exclaimed in his mind before kicking off the ground as hard as he could in order to catch up to Primrose as she fell. Instinct took over as he maneuvered and pivoted so that he would end up behind her as he caught her. "You okay there?" Steel asked with a slight bit of worry in his tone as he was catching his breath a little. "Try not to push off of trees next time okay? Especially on a hill."

• 1 month later...

I smiled as he reacted appropriately and caught me with no trouble. Steel had a better reaction time than me that's for sure! Now for part three! I thought and made my body go limp, pretending to become unconscious. The wind could have caused this, shock even so he would probably fall for it. I was a good faker too. Artorias didn't do this to test me but I felt this was crucial for him to pass. What would he do to properly care for a fallen teammate? I purposely made my sword, the one Hikari made for me, fall out of it's sheath when I did this too. 

"Geez, looks like I gotta help her out." Steel said to himself as he first squatted down so he could pick up the sword while still carrying Primrose and once he had it in his hand, he put it back in the sheathe. "This all seemed a bit too convenient to happen if you ask me. Oh well." He said as he began carrying Primrose bridal style so he could make sure she wouldn't fall off or anything. He still looked around to make sure there weren't any monsters nearby the area. I wonder if she planned this, nobody in their right mind would push off a tree next to a hill, especially in this death game. Steel thought to himself.

Steel picked me up and didn't forget my sword either. I smiled brightly and looked up at Steel who was still holding me. Steel, you have passed the tests I have set up for you, welcome to the Knights of Abyss. The first one was fighting monsters. The second was reaction, and this where you are holding me is the teammate test. You passed all three without even having to try, I commend you. If you choose to join then I shall knight you as The Black Knight. I said, almost one hundred percent sure he would accept. I gave a deep breath of relief and continued. I'm glad you actually had a good reaction, I might have died for real! 

"I figured it had something to do with being tested." Steel said in response as he continued carrying Primrose up the hill. "Next time when you decide to test someone, don't endanger your life like that." He said this in his usual tone but it had a hint of worry in it. "In any case, I'll accept. I think it'll be fun to join a guild and besides, someone's gotta watch your back and keep you out of danger. I'll be your Black Knight."

This was actually how my test was like, how I got into the K.o.A! The original leader was awesome, I didn't even know I was being tested! Also, he was the best leader I have gotten to know so far, plus he believed in me. I exclaimed but held myself back from bragging about the previous leader. Thank you Steel, I believe you'll make a very good addition to my guild. Now, If you'll let me down, I can Knight you. I said, hinting that he should put me down. This was a very exciting event for me, I have never knighted someone before.