[PP-F3] Assestment (Inquisitor's recruits)

Argumail walked into the nearby cave with silent steps. The cold damp caves seem to laughed as Argumail looked on the dropped items of travelers. Odd enough, Argumail could tell just by looking at how the items were placed that they, the people, were in crossfire. He heard the flapping of wings, one of elegant origin and the others sounded as if hell had opened up. "Harpies!... and what?" Argumail wondered.

Jumping at the harpy I punch it in the face so as to stun it for a few seconds as I plunge my knife into its torso repeatedly. "I will collect your feathers so hurry up and die already!" I shout, and the harpy regining it's senses throws me off of it and swipes at me with both it's talons. Deflecting it's blows to my sides I yell at it. "If that is the best you can do I can't wait to see your worst!" I stab it yet again and jump back as it swipes at me it's health already half-way down.

Smiling slightly from irritation at my kill being taken and from being slightly glad that I had another helping me out I respond to his statement. "If by something you mean a dragon unless 'he' changed the game a bit than yes something else is down here and I am hoping to get some scales or claws from it to make new equipment for myself. Hearing him order me to attack the other harpy I smirk slightly. "Seeing my predicament I'm going to have to agree with you there Argumail." Turning to my adversary I get into a battle stance waiting for the harpy to attack first.

What are these things? Who are these people? Can I actually help? How can I help them if I don't help myself? Maybe I can change that. Let's see, if I attack at the last moment, I can gain lots of experience. The aches in my muscles still scream in pain, the sword at hand doesn't help. My health bar is low on red and I have yet to find a way to recover. I can't even hold a One-handed sword with just one hand.

But... What will I ever obtain if I just keep cowering? The little help I can provide, may be enough to fight it and gain the experience. Then I can walk out with a new level and maybe some items that were dropped.

I gripped the blade and hand and slowly ran towards the beasts. This is my only hope left, this will be the end of the slack. As I continued to run, I realized how light the blade was becoming. I let the left hand go and soon, the sword I have is truly One-handed. Now I have the beasts on my hit list.

"No, it's a Valkyrie not a dragon, Where there are harpies there is at least one Valkyrie!" Argumail said. He ran up to the Harpy with 34 hp. He slide under it and it from it stomach downards. It screamed in agony he slammed hjs sword in it's back. He back up this when the real fighting begins.

Arekkusu Sepera 5/5

Argumail 21/21 Cedar 19/19

Xethan 12/12

Harpy Inferiorium 20/20

Harpy Superiorium 31/34

I finally got close enough for a shot at the beasts. I ran fast towards the left and swung side ways towards the left.

"Let this work." I whispered to myself.

The beast had no idea about my presence, a perfect opportunity for violent feather cutting.

However, the beast somehow knew about my presence and dodged at such an insane speed. To make matters worse, it delivered a counter of its own, sending me flying. When I hit the ground, my health was lowering fast, immediately setting itself to two.

Argumail looked at his dying teammate," I'll cover you get to the rocks above!" Argumail position himself as tank. "Cedar!" a wooden little man grew from the ground. "Nature's Vampire! link to Mr. Arekkusu Sepera." Cedar eyes glowed green and HP was stucked from the Harpy Superiorium and placed into Separa.

Arekkusu Sepera 3/5(+2)

Argumail 21/21 Cedar 19/19

Xethan 12/12

Harpy Inferiorium 20/20

Harpy Superiorium 29/34

Argh, I can take those things on my own! I just need to catch my breath.

Who could I have been kidding? One more hit and I would've died. Even so, why should I admit that. I will strike at it again. This had to at least stun it long enough to give others a chance.

"Prepare to die!" I exclaimed as I charged with anger in my eyes. I'll pay back the one who took me out from behind.

I didn't need to take orders from anyone else. I'll go to the rocks when I feel I need to. I feel I need to fight, so that's what I'm doing.

"I'm going to cut you like a pinata!" I yelled.

Argumail watched as the ran down the rockside. "Cedar, go help the boy." The little wooden man nodded and ran after Separa. "S.S.D.D..... the story of my life." Argumail sighed. Focus on hit enemy again, Harpy wiped and missed. Argumail jumped off the wall and stabbed it the creature wailed. It slammed both of it mighty talons in his back. Then, it threw against the wall.

Arekkusu Sepera 3/5(+2)

Argumail 19/21 Cedar 19/19

Xethan 12/12

Harpy Inferiorium 20/20

Harpy Superiorium 27/34

• 2 weeks later...

After circling my target with us exchanging blows with and countering eachother I see my enemy look at the almost finished player. Seeing it's attention off of me I run at the Harpy and stab it right in it's side (I rolled a 10 sided die and got a 9 since I don't know how this new system works) doing a few points of damage to it. Feeling it's injury the harpy turned around and swiped at me scratching me lightly. "How are you two holding up?" He says sidestepping another of the harpy's attacks.

Arekkusu Sepera 3/5(+2)
Argumail 19/21 Cedar 19/19
Xethan 11/12

Harpy Inferiorium 17/20
Harpy Superiorium 27/34 

Ryuu heard shouting and knew it was the Assessment he heard of previously. 'Well, I do oversee the operations of the Inquisitors, so I think that allows me to join in on this.' He ran into the cave drawing his sword. Doing so, he immediately saw Sepera with 3 health. He dashed after him, obviously taking on the stronger of the two Harpies. "Hey Argy, don't mind me. I'm just trying to help keep our Captain alive."

Ryuu ran past Sepera and leaped into the air. He jumped in a fashion that he would connect with the wall at the apex of his flight. Upon touching the wall of the cave, he kicked off, slamming his knee into the harpie, and using it as another foothold as he spun downward raking his blade across its face. When he landed, he retreated to Sepera's side. "Good thing I showed up, eh?"

(Rolled a 9 on d10 die. Ryuu does 3 damage- base, +1 skill, +1 crit)

Ryuu - 15/15

Sepera - 3/5(+2)

Argumail - 19/21 Cedar 19/19

Xethan - 12/12

Harpy Inferiorium 17/20

Harpy Superiorium 24/34