[PP-F1] Huh? Who are you? [Kiru]

Ryuu laid in the grass just outside of town like he usually did after hunting wolves. Most of the players still seemed uncomfortable around him, even though he was quite handsome, mostly due to his oddly colored eyes. In fact today, the red seemed to outshine the blue, making him look even more like a kind of monster of a man. He was completely alone. Most people steered clear of the "Demon's resting place." He laughed to himself, thinking, Humans... What are we but a bunch of judgmental beings who think we are superior. They can call me a monster all they want. The truth is they are hiding their fear of me through words and trying to play it off like they are better. Indeed, it is quite the opposite. I may not be actually a demon, but since they have labeled me so, why not surpass them, show all of them who mock me that they are inferior, just for a moment.' Ryuu simply kept staring at the clouds as his previous thoughts lingered.

I cautiously stepped through the artificial grass, staring at my feet. The black half of my hair started to become a little more warm each passing moment in the sun. The sunshaded open field was empty as I treaded forward, not even bothering to take out my sword. After about another minute of walking I noticed a boy laying in the grass. Idiot... I muttered as I walked by him, shooting him a glare with my icy eyes at the same time to add a dramatic effect.

Ryuu felt a presence, like another player was nearby. He decided it would be best if he just remained as is, but ready to spring into action if it just so happened to be an enemy. He closed his eyes and put his arms underneath his head so he could quickly get up as well as unsheath his sword. who could this player be? Who would approach me, Ryuu the Demon? I had better stay on my toes. I've already cleared out all the wolves, so what could they want other than this monster to die.' Soon though, his curiosity won out. "Who are you? I would have thought no one in this game had the guts to come near the demon's resting place. They say a monster sometimes lays here and watches the clouds." He opened one eye inquisitively to possibly scare off the intruder but found himself looking at a slender girl with oddly colored hair. 'Huh, she is somewhat pretty, but that doesn't matter. She came to the one place where people leave me alone. What are her motives? The sunlight glanced off his blonde, almost white hair, and also accented his red and blue eyes.

I stopped in front of the boy, completely unable to ignore him after he showed movement. As if he was trying to intimidate me, he opened one eye and put his arms under his head. Now standing over him I blocked the sun and cast a shadow of my tall figure along the grass. First of all, you aren't scaring me. Second, if you even think about trying to harm me you'll be dead in an instant. I spoke in a sharp, threatening tone and stared calmly at him. I placed both hands on my hips and smiled just a little. Why are you here? This is where I usually take some time off. The last part wasn't true at all, this boy looked like he owned the place after all. I just wanted to get a reaction out of him, I wanted to see how he dealt with me, not many people could.

Ryuu simply laughed. "I know about my reputation, but really not everything I do is to scare people. I will admit though that I was trying to get you to leave me alone. Oh and the whole dead in a minute thing, yeah sorry, it wouldn't end that way. It's kind of funny though. I thought you were here, because of some player's request to end me. Ryuu kept up a slight smile as she said the second comment. She was obviously trying to illicit a reaction from him, but he was far too disciplined to give in so easily. "Well, that's an obvious lie, but whatever. If you want to make this place where you hang out. I have no right to stop you. To be honest, you are one of the few people haven't pulled out a knife and called me a monster after looking at me." Ryuu opened both eyes, now knowing that they didn't scare her.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm afraid I haven't heard of you. I don't think your scary either, you look harmless. And if you wanted me to leave so badly then why not ignore me? Although that wouldn't work so well in your favor because I'm never ignored. And just for the record, I don't do other's dirty work, so why would I be sent to end you? I interjected with a slight laugh of annoyance. I'm not going to kill you before I hear you opinion on this game. First of all, do you believe that if you die right now, you die IRL? I asked, staring into both of his odd-colored eyes. This answer he would give me would be weather or not I chose to kill him.

Ryuu knew that this person was threatening him. "Ha! Well that's good then if you don't know my name. I don't exactly like to publicize it." Ryuu knew that, even though he could easily kill this player if she attacked him, he should probably lie. He had read up in the real world how to control yourself so not even your body could give you away. He looked her in the eyes and burst into to laughter. "Do I look like I'm easily fooled. Kayaba hid his face so people like me couldn't pick up on such an obvious lie."

I stared at him skeptically with a sort of twisted grin. Well then, I suppose I can't kill another who agrees with me. You chose the correct answer by the way, you even explained it with reasoning. May I have the pleasure of knowing your name now, or will you still not give me that? I asked, softening my stare a little to let him know that I no longer saw him as a threat.

Ryuu saw the well hidden tension in her face disappear, so he decided to give in a little bit. He remembered though that this girl might stab him in the back at any given moment. "I'm Kazuya, but you can call me Ryuu. If you wander around town much though, you may have heard my other name given to me by a group of pathetically frightened players... Demon Child. It's kind of funny though since I'm not really a child anymore, but whatever. People can call me whatever they like." Ryuu let a genuine smile appear on his face. 'Crisis averted. I might as well see if later I could persuade her otherwise, but I could never tell her what happened or how I really entered this game. For now, I must play my part well. Shouldn't be too hard since I don t fear death to begin with.' Ryuu decided he should let his more attractive side of himself show. He blinked hoping that his eyes would dilate and show more of the blue. "Might I ask what your name is? Or are you like me and slow to give information like that?" Ryuu was still ready to use capoeira if this proved to go awry, but he did not allow himself to show it.

xXOOC- Akuma no ko means Demon Child in Japanese.Xx

Well Akuma no ko, you can call me whatever you may like but I'm known as Kiru, and I'm about shake up the world of Aincrad. I said with a simple nod of my head and determined face. I didn't ask to but I sat down right next to the player on the grass, he was interesting me now. By the way, what level are you? I asked, I didn't really think of the question as a rude one either.

Ryuu was a little startled by here question. He laughed and replied, "Well Kiru, somebody doesn't mind asking personal questions. I'm level 5, but if I could just get my martial arts skill, I could easily jump to level 10." He sat up as to be respectful and looked at Kiru. "What's yours, eh?" Ryuu thought, since this girl was asking him such personal questions, it couldn't hurt to throw a few her way as well. she is definitely an interesting player, but she is dangerous. I can almost see the killing intent in her eyes, but it is a baseless type that has no specific reason behind it. In the end, if I cannot persuade her, I may have to end up killing her. I would like to avoid that. She seems like she could be a powerful ally if you keep her in check. I guess I'll have to babysit her then.'

OOC: Haha! I know that won't work out, but let's see if the Demon and keep "Kill" in check.

I was surprised to hear that he was only a level five, he was acting so confident he actually reminded me of myself. I opened my HUD and checked my level, shocked that I was only a level below him. I'm a level four. I'm working on leveling so I can actually kill something without any issues between the stat difference. I said blandly, that was the sentence I gave to anyone who asked my level, not really giving any misleading information out either. The martial arts skill huh? I guess I could use a skill that allows hand to hand combat. I noted, making yet another task that I knew I probably wouldn't do.

Ryuu smiled at this. "That's the same for pretty much everyone here. Level up, kill stuff, and repeat. I like competing against things with a large stat difference though. It helps give you a grasp of the unfairness present in this game. The strong will always prey on the weak, so you have to show your strength quick, even if it comes from being a little underhanded." He flopped back down and stared at the sky. 'I want to become strong. People already fear me, but... they don t really have much of a reason. I want to give them a reason to both love And fear the Demon Child. Maybe I might find someone someday who wouldn't mind being Ms. Demon.' Ryuu laughed a bit after thinking this.

That can get quite boring after awhile, but it pays off when your always stronger than your enemy. If you train everyday and work hard you can achieve any goal, or at least I can. Anyways, there will always be unfairness in MMOs because the people that train become strong enough to make it unfair. It may not make sense but that's how I see it. I said, rambling about my opinions again. It was a habit I knew I had, it even made me unlikable in some eyes. We all share that common goal, the question is will you surpass that goal and reach for the impossible? I asked as I looked at the sky, it was duller than my icy eyes.

Ryuu turned his head to look at her. "You certainly are motivated. My goal is to become the strongest. What happens after that doesn't matter, as long as I am strong mentally and physically, nothing could ever stand in my way. I could clear this game single-handedly. I want to show everyone that I, Akuma no ko, can stand on top of this world, in spite of the fierce opposition they give me due to my eyes and false tales about me." This was the first time he actually looked at her, as not a threat, but another player. She had cool blue eyes that shone bitter than the sky, drastically opposite to his mostly crimson eyes that made peoples hearts stop. Her hair was actually quite beautiful as well, not like his longish blonde (almost white) hair that he had. 'What if she were to be.... No! What am I thinking. I'm just going to be another fly cat in this woman's beautifully-no!- masterfully woven web. I can't. I mustn't allow myself to be brought in by this woman. Anyways, I'm certain she has found much more suitable companions than me. But I must say it would be nice not to- Ah! I let it happen again! No Kazuya! No!' Ryuu frowned after this fierce battle in his mind.

I try to know what I'm talking about when I'm in a disagreement, or an agreement. I'm glad that your so passionate about becoming stronger but there still is the fact that everyone has the common goal, which I find to be a stupid one. No one wants to die in this game, that's why they become stronger. Most do it because they want to be seen as a hero or something... I told him, thinking about the other MMOs I had played before SAO. There was always someone who sought out to be the best at everything. But me, I'm not becoming stronger so I don't die...I know I can do it though. I thought and sighed, laying backwards onto the grass. Now wasn't the time to think about what my goals were.

Ryuu frowned at her comment. "Don't throw me in with all those pathetic players that think they can become the best. I do it because I feel like it. I don't do anything unless it amuses me to do so. I think it funny to be able to laugh at the first player who thinks they could kill the Akuma no ko by stabbing him in the back. The look on the player's face would be priceless as I turn around and tell him to start running." Ryuu's mind began to wander. He couldn't shake the feeling that he liked this woman, even though she would probably be that player, the one to stab him in the back. 'What am I going to do? If it weren't for my mental training at the dojo, I would already be drooling all over her, but this is worse. I can't stop thinking about her. Ah! I'm going to lose it! Get whole of yourself, you dolt! You are a tactician, the victor of many battles, surely you can handle one beautiful woman, right?' Ryuu turned back to face the sky again.

I would find it quite funny to turn around to also the look on that person's face. Then they would realize that there was a knife in them as well...I said back to him, envisioning that situation in my mind. But who would be the one to stab me, who would I be stabbing? If you aren't one of the power hungry players then what category do you fit into might I ask? Certainly I don't fit into one obviously, but what about you? I asked, hoping for an answer with no questions to follow. Mostly, my unpopular opinions have gained me questions out of hatred, some didn't care because they were too blind by the way I looked. Either way...in other's eyes I'm wrong. I wonder....I thought and allowed myself to think about the other player.

Ryuu started thinking. "Hmmm... I honestly don't know. I mean what other player is quite like me. I'm the only person with such fierce opposition. Not only am I a beater, but I'm liable to become a poker if it means I'm not going to die. I lust for power, but that comes from my competing IRL in MMA on the professional level. I don't really think there is a single category to define who I am. I'm an Unknown. I am a man who is bound to stand alone for most of this game." Ryuu closed his eyes upon finishing his profound statement. He continued hoping that this girl would not be the one to end up stabbing him, but after hearing that his hopes started to slowly diminish. 'I don't want to have to fight you. You are the first person to not admire me for my strength and not flee because of my appearance. I- Suddenly and image of his old sensei appeared in his mind. 'Ryuu! Snap out of it! The world is not fair. You know that, so stop daydreaming about if it were. Accept reality, but you don't have to accept fate. That is one thing a man has control over. And I will say, fate favors the strong. If you continue on your path, you may be able to change your fate, but what she does is up to her. She is the only one to decide her fate.' Ryuu released a sigh.

That's quite the list of things different about yourself, a beater too? I think I know why people dislike you now. Not only are they afraid but they don't understand you so they title you as a beater. I think that we are both in the same predicament here too. As you said you are liable to become a Pker, well so am I. I sat up and took out my dagger from my small pocket. I began to spin it in my hand as I continued on. And by saying you'll stand alone for most of the game...well what do you mean to say about the time you aren't alone? I asked, smirking as I did so.