(OP-F5) Material Hunting is a bore, when you're alone

Angel wandered around the town of Armadillo, his tan Duster coat blew in the wind as his face was covered by a bandanna. His armor was dark against the brown sands of the desert environment. He was looking through his inventory when he noticed he was dangerously low on crafting materials; in fact, he had run out. And to make matters worse, he had just been hired to create a long sword for one of his various shop customers. He needed some kind of metal, maybe even a crystal of some sort. Looking around the desert environment, he shrugged and decided that there must be something on this desolate wasteland of a floor that could provide his materials. But it would take a long time to gather the stuff himself. So he put out an ad on the local info hub. It read:

To All Players,

I am currently looking for anyone willing to travel for long distances across the desert in search of crafting materials. There is a chance that monsters will be encountered. Any material you collect will be yours unless you don't want it. If you accept, I shall be waiting in the tavern in Armadillo.

Yours Truly,

Angel

After putting up the notice, he went to the tavern, took a seat by the window, and waited for someone to answer.

Argumail dipped his hands into the pitcher of water. He then preceded to slap himself awake. He peered out of the window and viewed the sunrise. He smiled to himself and washed him hands throughly. After he was done, he chopped up some carrots and dropped him in some broth. He then dropped some goat into the mixture. He dropped a little Fresali, cayenne pepper. He smiled at job well done.It occured to him that he was missing some Xelium, Cilantro. He ran out the door, he rushed to the market. He ran by the board then, he stopped...  Argumail ran back. Of course this interested him so he checked his watch. He had time.

Argumail sprinted to the Armadillo. He paced back and forth until, finally he shouted,"Hello I'm here about the ad."

Angel glanced up at the fool who had shouted through the tavern that he was here for Angel's job. "Over here." He said, motioning with his hand for the stranger to sit. The player approached and sat down across from Angel. "So, you're interested in getting some materials eh? Well I'm a blacksmith so I'll be looking for crystals, metals, and possibly some stone. What, if I may ask, are you interested in getting?" Angel asked as he sipped a chilled Strawberry/Lemon Smoothie.

Davros checked his player screen and swiped until it reached the local info section. He had set it to alert him when new ads and the like were posted. After all, he really enjoyed earning money. This new one was about earning materials and possibly fighting monsters. It sounded perfect, and it just so happened that he was a few shops over from the meeting place. He quickly made his way over to the tavern in time to hear Argumail announce he was there about the ad. "Same here!" Dav said,entering the tavern himself.

"Oh, just the satisfaction of ripping the guts out of my enemies... also some items would be great for the progression of my guild." Argumail said with a creepy politeness. He was analyzing him, trying to see a facade if present. This was interrupted by a Sacrosanct. "Dav, great to see you!" He stood up and shook his hand. He turned back and looked into Angel's. "I am Argumail what's your name?"

At the sound of his leader's name, Ethereal's ears pricked up at the far end of the bar. After listening for a second he got the gist of what they were discussing. Curious, he downed the last of his ale and turned to see the rag-tag party of hunter-gatherers stood in the middle of the tavern. Standing to his full 6"4 height, he strolled over to the adventurers. "Greetings, I am Ethereal. It seems you are venturing into the desert, correct? I have quite some experience and wish to accompany your party."

Angel cocked his head to the side, watching Argumail carefully. Then he leaned back in his chair, looking over at the other players who had begun to crowd around him. "Ethereal, I'm surprised to see you. It's been a while since we last saw each other." Then he returned his focus to the other players. "We'll be going out into the far reaches of the desert. We'll be fighting scorpions, desert crawlers, and maybe some giant ant lions. Nothing too big. I'll just need to know if y'all are coming for the monsters or the materials. That way we can figure out fair loot shares." He said as he took another drink from his smoothie.

After waiting for anyone else to show up, Angel rose from his chair. "Well gentlemen, the loot won't come to us. Let's go." And with that he exited the tavern, setting out for the desert. As he walked, he opened the map he had made while on his numerous trips into the floor's outer rim. He had found caves, temples, even a dried up lake with treasures just waiting at the bottom. The only problem was that he also found several monsters and traps along the way. But that was the point of an adventure, right? "Alright, we're heading for a small mirage near a flash boiled lake. There are some large scorpions there that make good opponents as well as provide materials for a variety of professions. Any questions?" He asked as he brought his bandanna close to his mouth to keep the sand and dust out.

Angel heard the storm approaching quickly and he took cover near a decent sized rock. He ducked his head, opening his menu and equipping his cloak and pulling the hood over his head. He waited until the storm passed, hoping it would be brief and not ruin their journey before it even began.

Argumail poked his head over the dune after the storm had past. He smelled the sandy air and sneezed twice. He smiled and walked over to Angel and shook his hand. "Not even an hour and this adventure is kicking up." He walked with a happy little pep in his step. But he was working on a time table so this was business.

Eth jumped around like a moron for a few seconds. To the rest of the party it was as if he was having some sort of fit. Quickly, he yanked off his helmet and out poured a few fistfuls of sand and a rather annoyed looking scorpion. Without any pause for thought, Ethereal activated <<Martial Arts>> and coup de grace'd the insect with his helmet. *SPLAT* 

Angel stood up and looked around. The storm had been strangely brief, lasting less then a minute or two. When he stood up and recovered from the ordeal, he cracked his shoulders and began to continue forward. "We're gonna lose daylight faster than we'd like. We should keep moving while we've got the sun." He said as he opened his map and made his way toward the lake. His cloak was still wrapped tight around his body and a bandanna still covered his face.