SP-Floor One: An Unsettling Welcome [Completed]

L walked carelessly through the fields, preoccupied by his own thoughts. He sat down in the shade of a nearby tree and closed his eyes "Am I really stuck here for the rest of my life?..What about my friends on the outside? My father? My responsibilities? I can't stay in this place.. I need to get out... but the only way is to win this beautifully hellish game..tch... Sword art online huh.. *snickers* if you can find art in brutally murdering innocent people perhaps" He picked up a small stone trying to crush it in his hands grunting as he eventually gives in to his frustration and throws the stone off into the distance. 

*Thwip*

*Twack*

*Squeel*

A large boar cried in pain, catching his attention "You can't be serious..." He stood up frantically and searched his inventory for a weapon "Uhhh which one... which one... why didn't i pick my weapon sooner.." He found the single handed-curved sword section and picked one at random, materialising in his right hand as the boar started to charge straight for him it's sharp tusks gleaming in the distance.

He closed his eyes and tried to focused "Ok.. ok.. first battle, you can do this no problem, no matter how screwed up this looks.. It's just a boar and you're going to kill it. Why? Don't question yourself! Ok, ok... concentrate dammit!" His muscles tensed and he felt for the boars preemptive strike. He gripped the handle of the blade tighter and kept it at the ready for a charged strike.

He imagined his surroundings as the boar launched it's body at him tusk first, it's muscles were disgustingly large for an animal of it's size. He opened his eyes Quickly... "NOW!!" The boar looked as if it was moving in slow motion as he released his attack. A stunning glow of blue emitted from sword as the blade soared through the air horizontally, cutting straight through the boars body in a magnificently elegant manner. It cried in pain for it's last time as it's body instantly vaporised Into a mystifying display of gold particles In front of him

Damage = Base + One-Handed Curved Sword Skill + Dice Roll Perfect Critical ( 1+1+2)

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 dice. 

Boar:  -1/3 

Life: 7/7

"Note to self, stick to throwing rocks into lakes" He breathed out a sigh of relief and stretched out his muscles. "I suppose this kind of thing is to be expected from now on.." He shook his head in disbelief. This couldn't be his fate, it couldn't be his new reality. Anger and frustration once again began to well up inside him and he saw an empty bucket laying on it's side seemingly mocking him. "Screw this!" He kicked the bucket as it flew off into the distance as he heard multiple squeals crying out for revenge. He lowered his shoulders in disbelief "Not again...." His right eye began to twitch..

The boars all charged at him at the same time, splitting up at a point and criss-crossing each other "They're trying to outsmart me..?"  He laughed to himself and readied his blade. "Hey, hey, Don't underestimate me now" He joked to himself as the boars charged. He thought to himself of ways he could make things easier for himself and decided to try to split the boars up. "If i can try to outrun them and get over to that bridge i can make sure i can cut at least one off from the fight" He nodded to himself and started to sprint over to the bridge, slightly out-running the boars.

Boar 4/4

Boar 4/4

Boar: 4/4

Life 7/7

Once he made it to the bridge he turned around sharply. Everything seemed to go as he planned it to, the bridge worked as a perfect choke point to fight the boars, this way he'll only have to fight two at once. The boars grunted as they charged head strong straight for him. He waited for one of the boars to get close enough and he spun to the side on his feet, cutting straight through the side of the boars body. The other boar rammed straight into his hips slamming him against the side of the bridges rails.

Boar:2/4

Boar:4/4

Boar:4/4

Life:6/7

He flinched in pain "So I guess this is what happens when you get hit, doesn't hurt as much as it should but it still hurts". He looked around to notice the third boar anxiously waiting to fight as it tried to find a way around the other two. The boar he struck seemed worse off as it started to thrash around due to it's fresh wound. The boar 2 attempted to sneak in an attack while he was distracted but he evaded it, jumping back in front of the injured boar. "I'll finish you off first.." He lifted his blade up high as his blade glowed a bright blue similar to the first time he attacked but not as bright and cleaved downwards severing the boars head, vaporising it into a cloud of golden pixels.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 dice.

~Skill Success!

~Critical strike!

~Boar 1: -1/4 - DEAD

~Boar 2: 4/4 - Fighting

~Boar 3: 4/4 - At the ready

~Player-Life: 6/7 - In battle

He eye'd the remaining two boars and let a smile run across his face. "I have to admit. This is a lot of fun.." He felt an overwhelming feeling of joy fill him to the brim and charged at the remaining two boars sending a flurry of attacks at them both. The two animals seemed bewildered but soon fought back both attempting to ram their tusks into his stomach in a counter attack. He saw straight through their attacks and parried easily, continuing his barrage onto the second boar building up a large fog of neon blue as his attacks built up to a finishing blow making the boar seem like it vanished into nothing. "Deleted!"

Base + Skill + Perfect Critical (1+1+2)

~Skill Success!

~Perfect Critical! 

~ Boar 1: DEAD

~ Boar 2: 0/4 - DEAD

~Boar 3: 4/4 - Fighting

~Life: 6/7 - In battle

He laxed his muscles slightly and glared at the last boar. "And then... there was one." He couldn't believe how cocky he was acting, especially against starting monsters that seemed to be easily killed. He didn't care though, he was having too much fun while smiling like an idiot. He swung his sword around him in a show of skill, attempting to intimidate the last boar. "Here~ piggy piggy piggy~" Mocking the boar seemed to upset it and it shrieked in anger moving faster than he would have ever expected they could move. Catching him by surprise and off balance he attempted to fight back but failed horribly succumbing to the monsters attack. The blow connected and the boars razor sharp tusk slid into his body. He screamed in pain and staggered backwards. "You stupid hunk of meat!" 

~Skill Fail!

~Attack Fail!

~Boar 1: 0/4

~Boar 2: 0/4

~ Boar 3: 4/4

~ Life: 5/7

He instantly regretted his words as the mere mention of meat made him hungry and his tummy began to rumble. "Not now, concentrate! Finish this one first and you can have all the meat you want." He assured himself, even though he wasn't sure if you could even eat in this game, or if it still had the same mouth watering taste in real life. "Im gonna turn you into a pork chop!" The boar looked at him with an agitated grim expression and squealed loudly in protest. He ran straight for the boar with his blade in hand ready for his next strike. "DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! IM DAMN HUNGRY!" his blade once again glowed a bright blue and he put an end to the boars misery before it even knew it slicing the last boar straight down the middle once again vaporising it into millions of golden particles.

~Perfect Critical!

~ All Enemies Defeated 

~Level up!

~ Life: 9/9

He grunted in satisfaction and simpered, resting the back of his blade onto his shoulder. He examined it carefully and grinned, it was old and rusty but beautiful. An old cusped falchion a single-edge blade slight curve towards the end of the blade and is narrowed at the top. This type of weapon also had cross guards above the hilt, similar to most swords and daggers. "Thanks history class" His attention was then brought back to virtual reality as a screen popped up in front of him. "Hmm, whats this"

• Rolled a 18 on the d20 dice. 

Loot Obtained

​Col: 75

Do you accept?

Yes/No

He accepted the transaction and smiled. "Simple but effective. I like it" With that he unequipped his sword and sat over near the lake.

He stared blankly at the calm lake, contemplating what his next move would be. He closed his eyes and laid on the beautifully green grass listening to the flowing water lost in thought. He fell asleep and hours had past and the sky went black, he woke to a scratching noise. "It's so dark, wait.. What the.... " He looked under the bridge and found something that looked like a white furry puppy trying to dig a hole to burry something. He cautiously walked over to it and knelt down. "Hey there little guy, you're pretty cute. Im gonna name you Saber" It stared blankly at him, looking cautiously over into the shadows until he tried to pet him. The puppy began to cry and yelp and a large black wolf jumped out from the shadows growling intensely at him. "What is with my luck in this game.."

Alpha Wolf

Damage: 1

Special: Bites can apply bleed [1] or Cripple [2] On critical, bleed is doubled.

Health: 20

BlackWolf.jpg

Alpha Wolf: 20/20

Life: 9/9 

The Alpha wolf jumped at him claws first. He panicked and tried to keep his distance from the beast jumping back and quickly trying to re-equip his sword but to no avail. The wolf over powered him and pushed him to the floor digging it's claws deeply into his shoulders. "Ughh.. this hurts and your breathe stinks!" 

~Skill Fail

~ Life: 8/9

~Alpha wolf: 20/20

The Alphas jaws opened wide preparing for a deadly attack. He lifted his knee kicking the wolf off of him and taking his sword back out from his inventory taking advantage of the Wolf trying to stabilise it's balance. He got on top of the wolf and stabbed into it's neck, piercing it's tough hide was difficult but luckily the tip was slightly curved slashing through as the wolf howled in pain, he closed his eyes. "It's just a game.. It's just a game.. It's just a game! Damn you're freakishly huge!!" 

~Skill Success!

~Perfect Critical

~Alpha wolf: 16/20

~Life: 8/9

The wolf kicked him back and ran into the shadows to prepare for its next strike and adjust to the pain of it's wound. "I wish i had night vision right now" His muscles tightened as he waited for the wolf to make its next move. It dashed out from the shadows catching him by surprise biting the back of his calf applying a cripple status on him (2 posts). He flinched at the pain and stabbed down furiously in-between the wolfs shoulder blades forcing it back. "Mother fu-athers sisters brother! Damn it! I can't move my leg!"

~Skill Failed!

~Attack Success!

~Alpha Wolf: 14/20

~Life: 7/9 - Crippled (2)

Thoughts rushed through his head as the pain in his leg throbbed. The wolf paced carefully around him examining it's prey its red eyes beaming with malicious intent, no doubt still hurting from the blow to its back. "Just do it already.. IM NOT AFRAID TO DIE!" He searched his mind for a way to get through this. The wolf lowered its head and shook its shoulders from side to side preparing for its next attack its paws glowing a bright red then pouncing straight towards him. He had no time find a way out so he put up his arms in an attempt to block the attack. Thankfully the wolfs claws only slashed at his left arm stopping any serious damage, however he was knocked down to the ground. The next blow would be mortally wounding. 

~Block Success! +1 damage mitigation

~Enemy Critical! +1 to enemy attack

Alpha wolf 14/20 - Charging mortal maw (+1 damage + 1 Bleed [2])

Life: 6/9 - Crippled (1)

He felt the pain is his leg start to ease up as the wolf made its move to strike. He kicked up at the wolfs gigantic body giving him enough room to roll to the side evading the beasts mortal strike as the wolf bit the dirt "I didn't know wolfs ate dirt. Is that genetic?" He mocked the wolf and instantly regretted it as it shifted its body weight in a quick attempt for a second strike. He focused his mind and stutter stepped where he stood, confusing the wolf of the direction of his charge. He re adjusted the blade in his hand so that the edge of the blade looked as if it were coming out from his arm. "TAKE THIS!" He quickly shifted his weight just before the strike, a similar technique used in basket ball called the ankle breaker which uses the players agility to confuse defenders making them roll their ankles as they attempt to stop the scorers drive. The wolf staggered as it tried to keep up with him almost tripping over it's own feet as he got a clear shot at the wolfs thick neck.

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 dice.

~Skill Success!

~Critical Strike!

~Alpha Wolf: 11/20

~Life: 6/9 

The beast shook it's head in pain and confusion. He wasn't going to let up now that he knew he had the advantage over the monstrous thing his eyes went blank as he became completely engrossed into combat. Fake and strike, fake and strike, one after the next his body and blade looked as if it were a phantom dancing in the night. He completely disregarded his defences in his all out assault landing multiple blows at a time. There was a muffle of whining coming from the wolf as it desperately tried to find a way to counter attack. It's pup came to it's aid and yelped almost as if it begged him to stop. He snapped out of his zone for a moment and the beast took its chance striking back viciously standing onto its hind legs towering over him and bit down hard onto his shoulder.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 dice.

~Skill Success!

~Perfect Critical!

~Alpha Wolf: 7/20

~Life: 5/9 - Bleed [1]

The beast that still towered over him on its hind legs rested its large paws onto his shoulders applying its full body weight in another attempt to push him down onto the ground. He snickered and his eyes went wide with anger "Don't underestimate me!" He took his blade stabbed the beast straight into its wide opened abdomen and pushed it away. The beast pulled back dragging its claws down his chest before breaking away. L bawled in pain and stepped back trying to recover from the last few attacks and catch his breath. 

~Attack Success!

~Alpha Wolf: 5/20

~Life: 3/9

((If anyone is actually reading this yes, im actually that lucky with these dice rolls i have no idea how im getting so many crits but hey im not going to pretend i didn't get them))

The Alpha and L himself seemed to be reaching their limits. They circled each other carefully as from this moment every strike counted. He stopped and the wolf mimic'd, slowly moving back; the wolf moved forward. Neither gave ground "Lets do this the old fashioned way then" The wolf seemed to nod in acknowledgement, It's intelligence baffled him. He held his sword in front of him and meditated. His sword once again glowed a bright blue and he charged forward straight towards the wolf leaving a trail of blue energy behind him. The wolf copied and both met halfway at the greenfield the wolf jumped and L held his blade horizontally. Everything seemed to move in slow motion for L, when their bodies neared impact he ducked down slightly and changed the trajectory of his blade further upwards. Time returned to normal and L was left kneeling, breathing heavily, the wolf laying on the ground in pain.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 dice.

~Attack Success!

~Skill Success!

~Perfect Critical!

~Alpha Wolf: 1/20

~Life: 3/9

L walked over to wolfs body and gazed upon it's wounds. Despite the fact that it was a game, L felt great remorse for the wolf. It looked up to him with what seemed to be a smile as it accepted defeat. He closed his eyes and slide his blade into the soft part of the wolfs neck and twisted the blade ensuring the kill as a soft whimper escaped from its muzzle and pixelated away. "Good fight.. i guess..." He shook his head slowly, remembering when he was completely engrossed into the battle he finally saw the Art, the beauty in this game. Although he knew it would be filled with sadness and pain, or that his life would be in danger; he was looking forward to continuing, looking forward to his future adventures and battles. The clashes of steel played out in his mind as he tried to picture what a fight between two warriors would look like. 

*Blip* His daydream was interrupted 

• Rolled a 20 on the d20 dice.

Uncommon Item Obtained

Item: The Alpha Wolfs Coat of Defence
Quality: Uncommon
Shop: ????
Description: +1 to damage mitigation

Do you accept?

Yes/No

He smiled again, but this time slightly weaker as he read the name of the item. There was something about obtaining loot that excited him. He accepted the drop and equipped it nearly simultaneously as his black wavy hair blew in the wind. "No point sticking around here anymore. My mind is clear now." He sauntered back towards the city, with a new mindset. 

An Unsettling Welcome - [COMPLETE] (400ColGained)