SP - Floor One: <<Blades of Dreams>> [COMPLETE]

L walked into Sai's blacksmith, it was a lot more packed than he imagined. There seemed to be many people wanting their own custom made sword, who could blame them? He noticed Sai was caught up with another player and sat on a chair waiting patiently for his turn. "I can't wait~" Excitement made him want to burst out of his  seat and yell all the things he wanted for his blade but doing it in his head seemed to calm him down. "How long is it going to take... i want my turn~" He pouted as his patience started to wear thin.

The woman that preoccupied Sais attention walked away with her brand new sword. "Nice sword" He said while she walked out. "It's absolute trash, did she even try to get decent materials" Is what he thought to himself. He calmly walked over to the NPC and smiled awkwardly knowing he was merely speaking to a computer simulation. "Umm hello there Im here to order my own sword, i understand i need my own materials but i thought i would just let you know and get some advice on where i can get some of the best possible materials"

Sai looked at him and pouted "You know i can tell what your thinking right!? You're probably just like everyone else. No one is grateful why would i help you?" He scratched the back of his head. "Well would you look at that.. they're pretty intelligent for computer simulations" "I KNOW WHAT YOU"RE SAYING STOP THINKING OF ME LIKE THAT!" She hit him over the head with an old blunt sword she was just about to sharpen. "owch, ok ok im sorry. Can you help me with the sword or not? He looked at her flustered, sick of waiting to get a decent weapon.  

She closed her eyes and sighed "Fine but you better be grateful" She eye'd him carefully and smiled smugly "You do look like you need a decent weapon anyway, you're looking a little scrappy" "Gee, thanks" He said in a sarcastic monotone voice "Im looking for a single handed curved-sword with some decent weight and durability. Preferably a falchion or a scimitar type" He wondered if she understood what he meant. "Mhm, i know just what you want. What kind of things are you looking to kill with it?" He sighed in relief, i guess she's as professional as described but then again what would he know. He flinched at the question "Just about anything... i guess something with good slash will do" She smirked and handed him a scroll with a list of materiel's he needed to get himself. 

Sword Materials

Blade: Osmium

Hilt: Mahogany and Steel

Grip: Greater Snake Leather

Pummel: Fluorite and Steel

He examined each material carefully and scratched the back of his head, he had no clue what any of these were or where to get them. "Uhh, i suppose you don't know where i could find such materials do you?" He asked embarrassed by his ignorance. She lowered and shook her head "You're hopeless aren't you. Well i suppose i could help with that too, Osmium is a rare metal after all" She took the scroll back and edited it, marking the locations of each material. "This is for weapon called a flyssa ok? It's a curved sword, not exactly like a falchion but good enough" He nodded slowly, he didn't mind either way, a weapon was a weapon.

Sword Materials

Blade: Osmium

Dropped by Ornament Dragon on floor five. or mined

Hilt: Mahogany and Gold

Mahogany can be found in the forest of the dead in floor three.

Gold: Found by the goblin King on floor two(goblin kings domain).

Grip: Greater Snake Leather

Dropped by Greater Snake found in secret cavern on floor three.

Pummel: Fluorite crystal and Silver

Fluorite crystal: Found in a tomb in the forest of the dead on floor three

Silver: Found by goblins on floor two (goblin kings domain).

L sighed in frustration "This is going to take me forever, but i know it will be worth it. It's almost like a wish list.. I guess i've got no choice now that i've started. I'll start with getting the silver and gold first, they seem like the easiest to deal with" 

L made his way over to the player notice board and put up a sign asking for players to join him on his mission. A helping hand was always appreciated when it comes to these sorts of things. The Goblin King was known for hoarding treasure in his domain so it was a no brainer he would have some silver and gold laying around there somewhere. He heard that the boss in the domain was fierce and that anyone that tried to solo him was crazy out of their mind, he wasn't one to underestimate his opponents so he took every bit of help that he could get. Once he had found that he had the right amount of people he left for the caves in the mountains of floor two. 

( Rp Continued here: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4501-pp-floor-two-the-goblin-king-and-the-quest-for-silver-gold-alkor-argumail-rue/page-3#entry341244 )

He returned with the silver and gold, giving it to Sai happily. He was more satisfied with the result of the battle and rewards he got on the way than the materials he gathered for the sword. "It's a start" She looked at him with a sense of satisfaction "Keep it up, i'll get to work on as soon as you bring me the other materials to get started" He nodded and smiled "I'll be back before you know it" 

L exited the blacksmiths store smiling, he was ready for another adventure. "The next in line is the mahogany, snake leather and the fluorite crystal..this will take awhile" He headed out for the 3rd floor, he didn't know when he would be back.

(Rp Continued Here - http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/4497-sp-floor-three-the-hunt-for-leather-and-treasure-complete/ )

He strode into the store with a new sense of power and experience. Sai noticed this and her heart warmed a little "That's some snazzy new gear you go there, im glad you didn't accidentally wind up with a sword that would put anything i could make to shame.." He smiled lightly and gave her the materials he found "Sorry i took so long, but even if i did, i would hold onto this blade as a treasure.. after all. It is my first custom blade." She smiled back and took them contently "I can make the bottom half of the blade now but i need the osmium for the actual blade" He chuckled lightly "I know, i'll be back shortly.." She watched him leave the store anxiously, she hadn't seen a player with an aura like his before. 

He made his way into the depths of the mines of floor 9, he figured he'd get some of the osmium while he finished another quest. The alternate option was that of fighting the ornate dragon.. but that was far too dangerous for him, after his experience with the Goblin King he wasn't ready for something like that. This was the second time he had been to floor nine. He scanned out the map of the area "The mines should be around here somewhere.." He headed up the inner-landscaping of the mountain and eventually spotted the cave. "Ah.. here it is" He calmly walked in and picked up one of the old used up pick axes (-2 to loot dice rolls but hey i dont feel like buying a proper one) "I guess now i've got to find some ore.." 

The mines were covered in soot from previous adventurers, it was very rare to see people on such high floors gathering materials. He found an osmium vain and began to hack away at it but the rocks weren't being very co-operative with the osmium and he didn't end up with any useful materials. "Well i guess it is my first time..." 

~Mining failed!

• Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice. -2 from pickaxe=10

He shrugged off his failure and continued to mine various sources with optimism. He brought his pickaxe back and exhaled calmly as he picked away at the ore. Osmium being the very dense mineral that it was ended up breaking the tip of the pickaxe "Are you serious... now i need to look for a new one" He sighed in frustration and continued through the cave mine. 

~Mining Failed!

• Rolled a 4 on the d20 (loot) dice. -2

L searched for a good ten minutes before finally finding another pick-axe to replace the one that broke. "This ones still a bit rusted but its ok.. Ok this time for sure... here we go" He swung away at the rock only to get another failed attempt, he began to grow tired of failure. 

~Mining failed!

• Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice. -2

After the last attempt he was finally fed up with the stupid mining and threw his pick across the room. "Screw this, why am i even here i should be slaying dragons for this stuff" He sat down grumpily closing his eyes while folding his arms. He though long and hard about going 4 floors down just to spend another whole day fighting a boss. 

"Arrrg forget that! .. i'll give this one more go" He ran over to his pick and eye'd the ore carefully. "ok ok i got this.." He closed his eyes and pictured the area around him, normally he'd do this in battle against tough opponents but this form of manual labour was like no other opponent he had ever face.

He relaxed his body and took steady breathes. " NOW ! " He swung down hard as if he was handling a sword and took the whole chunk of osmium out of the rocky wall in one go. "I really didn't expect that.." He smiled slightly annoyed but satisfied. He got what he came for.

~Mine Success!

• Rolled a 17 on the d20 (loot) dice. -2 = 15

He shouted in happiness "FINALLLYYYYY" as he charged down the mountain. It was time for him to finally get his blade forged. He already had a name in mind for it 'the flyssa'. He started talked to an npc in the floor 9 town, he couldn't be bothered and took the npc carriage, slowly but surly creeping back down to floor one.

He finally arrived at floor one and ran as fast as he could. He nimbly wived and weeved through the streets and bursted into Sais forge "I HAVE THE OSMIUM, HURRY UP AND MAKE MY BLADE NOW WOMAN!" Sai gave him a cold dead glare, it hurt to hear him say something like that but she just sighed and decided to get on with it "Don't ever say that again. Now give me the materials" He looked at her with impatience, he didn't care for formalities he just finally wanted his long awaited weapon to be in his hands. "Here, um.. sorry about that" He handed her the osmium and she took it sombrely "Get out of my shop and come back in a few hours" He looked at her face, she was obviously hurt "I said i was sorry..." He frowned and decided to give her space, walking out of the shop miserably, he felt horrible but at least he would get his sword.  

He didn't mean anything by his words but when he thought back to it he didn't think it was worth getting upset about. Meanwhile in the forge Sai began to craft his blade, all her good thoughts about him had disappeared while she crafted the blade weeping. "No one ever gives me any credit, they just treat me like Im nothing.." She continued to cry as she made his blade, it was unusual for an AI but it was whatever, she was an AI who cared right? She was a lot more advanced than other AI's, dealing with players every day made her susceptible of learning emotion, or perhaps Kayaba made it that way..

He walked into the forge to check in on Sai, wondering if she was ok. Weird right? A player checking to see if an AI was feeling ok, but he did it regardless. "You ok..?" Sai looked over at him with wide eyes and disbelief, he out of all people cared. She nodded shakily "Im fine.. im just waiting for the blade to cool down" Her head hung low but she looked at him intently. "I want to apologise again about before, it wasn't the best way to ask something from someone. I guess i was overly excited, i didn't mean anything by it" She shook her head and looked up at him "I just want to be appreciated, no one ever is thankful and only take without question or care.. after all i do this for free.. there's nothing in it for me but satisfaction and lately i haven't felt any..." 

L looked over at the smelter, the warm fire fuelled his thoughts as he finally began to understand. The AI in Aincrad were human too, after all.. all it would take was for them to have a player to player interface instead of a player to npc interface and they could easily pass as human. In this world everything was virtual, the fact that you could die in real life just gave the illusion of living while you were still inside a game. That and the extremely realistic graphics. "I understand.. i really do" he took her hand and looked her in the eyes "Thank you.. not just for the blade, but for your kindness. Don't give up on what you love just because some people can't understand the feelings of others" The way he spoke to her, talking to her like she were human made her smile, she was truly happy at that moment and hugged him tightly. "Thank you.. for treating me like Im real..." She let go and dried her tears.

She let go of him knowing there was nothing between them but respect. "I suppose i should give this to you now" She pulled the blade out from the water and made the final adjustments. "Don't forget me ok?" She handed him the blade carefully simultaneously sliding it into its casing. He smiled warmly and accepted the blade from her, she was looking at him with puppy eyes which seemingly swayed his heart for a moment but quickly settled "There's no way i could forget you... take care Sai" With that he mounted the blade on his back and started to make his way out of her shop, her eyes following him earnestly. The game was starting to mess with his head in more ways than one, he had to constantly reassure himself it was just a game. He stepped out from the store, now out of view from the woman and sighed as the door closed behind him, his heart felt a good pound heavier.. what was he thinking. 

[COMPLETE]

Item name: Flyssa

Item rarity: Uncommon

Shop: <<Blade Of Dreams>> quest reward

Weapon type: One handed curved-sword

Enhancement: +1 damage

Item Description: A Flyssa blade especially good for slashing and adequate for stabbing. Silver lining and gold decorates the crude osmium blade. 

tumblr_ma330uaabl1rrjmgoo1_500.jpg