Whats you opion?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this idea is a appropriate suggestion>

• Yes, that would be an exellent idea.
    • Not quite sure, let me write my issues down.
    • Absolutely not, your insane, out of your god forsaken mind.

Okay, I would like to suggest an idea to the entire site, and all the staff as well. I have an idea for the armor classes that all of you may find interesting. I am proposing that we allow a idea called Attachments to the armors, what attachments are essentially is this, allowing to ability to apply mutiple pieces of armor to be connected and essencially become part of that armor. I have done much thinking over this topic, but for the benefit of the doubt I have a poll that you all can vote on, and please if you pick the second one, please post your concern down, now to the specifics.

Attachments, what are they?

Attachments are pieces of armor that have been welded or sown together and are consisdered one piece of armor. Attachments can from a battle coat sown into a pair of light metal shoulder plates, to a heavy metal gauntlets having a lightmetal shield welded onto it. The process is rather simple, as the rules for this must be as followed.

Rules.

1.) All items under uncommon are not allowed to have an attachment.

2.) Uncommon items get one attachment slot, Rare items get two attachment slots, Perfect items get three attachment slots.

3.) Each new attachment is required to be a approved item.

4.) Once item is attachted you may take only one ability from that item and place it one the new gear.

(e.g. You have a Perfect Chest plate, and it has +2 to damage every turn on FIre Damage, and +1 to Evasion, you also have a leather Coat sown into it, and it is also perfect. The coat has + to Paralyze and +2 Evasion, you may only take one point out, stating you can have the +1 Paralyze but not the +2 Evasion, you may take one point out of Evasion so long as it does not stack over 3 points per said the rules.)

More Details.

Now for more in depth details, for starters you might want to know that these attachments can be added on by the Tailors and Blacksmiths, so long as the item your asking them to attach is part of their profession. (e.g. A Leather coat can be sown into a Light Metal Ches Plate, so long as the Leather coar is the one their dealing with, they can't mend the Light Metal to the Light Metal Shoudler Plates, thats Blacksmiths.)

As well the armors can only have one other armor type on it, as they also don't count as a second armor type, so armor stacking does not take place. The armors that can be applied to each other are stated below.

Armor types, which can and can't be added.

1.) Leather type Armor can be added to other Leather Equipment and or Light Metal Equipment or Heavy Metal, never can a person have Leather, Light Metal and Heavy Metal on the same Armor, only two types.

(e.g. A Leather battle coat has a Light Metal Shoulder Plate, that means you can have only Leather and Light Metal together. Or if the Leather Coat has a Heavy Metal Chest Plate, the gear can only have Leather and Heavy Metal)

>>>

2.) Light Metal type Armor can be added to other Light Metal Equipment, Leather Equipment and or Heavy Metal, never can a person have Leather, Light Metal and Heavy Metal on the same Armor, only two types.

(e.g. A Light Metal Chest Pate has a Heavy Metal Shoulder Plate on it, that means you can have only Light Metal together and Heavy Metal together. Or if the Chest Plate has a Leather Coat sown into the metal work, the gear can only have Leather and Light Metal)

>>>

3.) Leather type Armor can be added to other Leather Equipment and or Light Metal Equipment or Heavy Metal, never can a person have Leather, Light Metal and Heavy Metal on the same Armor, only two types.

(e.g. A Heavy Metal Chest Plate has a Light Metal Shoulder Plate on it, that means you can have only LHeavy Metal together and Light Metal together. Or if the Chest Plate has a Leather Coat sown into the metal work, the gear can only have Heavy Metal and Leather)

Pricing and Removal?

Pricing, this is completely up to the Armoer of your choice but each new attachment should have at least a 200 Col incrament from the previous attachment added. (e.g. A Perfect Heavy Metal Chestplate has no attachments, and one is added, that would be 200 Col, or more. Every "next" attachment qould increase the previous attachment cost by 200, stating in more laman terms.)

First attachemnt: 200 Col.

Second Attachment: 400 Col.

Third Attachment: 800 Col

This only works if the item is a Perfect as stated above, Uncommnons get one Attachment Slot, Rares get two, and Perfects get three.

Removal, this works if someone wishes t remove a attachment, you can do so by taking the gear to the required armorer and paying a certain pay amount that they see fit, but they myst roll a 5 or higher that must be natrual in order to remove the attachment, failure to do so means the items can not be removed at set time.

Multiple Attachments and Item Slots?

As we all know, you are allowed only three slots to add gear you please, and we all like to have the most bada$$ looking armor around, and as we saw in the anime, many people had full sets of armor on and therefore they had more than three slots, this system works to not only make your amor better and more powerful, but also to make it look as a more type of armor set. Yes people the armor evolves in apperance, meaning your Leather coat, and Light Metal Shoulder Plates are showing as one piece of equipment. But not only that since each attahcment is part of the armor you equipment slot does not increase, it just takes one up on the Attachment slot on your armor. Meaning you can have 2 Perfect ranked armors and have 6 Attachments on it, as well as have a weapon as well.

Restrictions to this?

The only restirctions that come with this are of the following and these are not negotiable.

1.) Armors can only have one other type of armor class attachted to them.

2.) Armors can't have a shield attachted if a player weilds a two handed weapon.

3 The first attachment player does not gain set stat, the second attachment is when per player gains a extra item stats. The max a player may have is  2 extra stats, in total 5 stats.

4.) Shields are allowed so long as they are attachted to a metal work piece of equipment or it is consisdered at completely different item taking up you second or

third gear slot.

5.) Armor stacking is not allowed as it prevents it, but if player have two typs of armor skills and have attachments placed on the "main" armor then this rule does not apply.

(e.g. Player A, has the Leather Equioment skill, they don't gain extra bonuses to armro stacking from the extra Leather Equipment, nor do thay gain it from the Light or Heavy Metal attachments as it is not part of their skill selection. Player B. has the Light Metal and Heavy metal Equipment Skill, as such they have a Heavy Metal Chest Plate and a Light Metal pair of Gauntlets, all other attachments to each gear does not gain them the extra bonuses, but their two main armors the Heavy Metal Chest Plate and the Light Metal Gauntlets allow them that bonus due to the skille selections they have.)

Reason for coming up with this idea?

The reason is simple, in many games that I have played, or shows that i have watched, players have these armor with either added features such as a builting in blade into the shield, or scabbard into the shield, hence Soul Calibur 5 Patrokalus. And also this allows not only players to have better gear, but to also allow more diverse type of armor to be made, as it made customization much more interesting. Plus this was bugging the hell out of me for the past 2 weeks while the site was down, well as stated above please leave your comment and you vote.

~This is your friendly neighborhood Byakuya Kuchiki Face Claimer, sighing off for now, taddy bye all.

Wordiness.

If you could slim this down a little and be more succinct, it'd offer a bit of clarity. As it stands, I'm seeing a whole lot and getting confused. I have the gist of what you're proposing (I think?), but I'd benefit from seeing it presented in a more finalized form, rather than a laundry list of ideas.

Another question (or a question in general, since the above was practically a suggestion on how to convey the material being presented) that I have is, is this purely cosmetic?

I think I understand now.

So, in essence, you can combine up to three (3) items, but only of two (2) different types. If the original item is heavy metal, for instance, you could choose to combine it with a light item. At that point, you could combine it with either another heavy item or light item, but never a leather one. Likewise, if you originally combined it with leather, you could combine another heavy item or leather item, but never light. Is that right?

So, you can take one benefit from each (up to three) item in the final product? Or would you be able to take multiple benefits from a single item and eschew benefits from one or more of the other items?

Yes, that is the consept of the attachment slots, the first thing is that as stated Uncommons only get one added attachment, hense they gain no benefits except the added item, as the other two attachments are where you gain your stat gain from. That it the consept of it, But also this allows players to also still have the three gear slot margerin that we all have to follow.

Seems sort of out there IMHO.

For one thing it'll accelerate the problem already facing SAO, by further increasing the amount of abilities coming off of weapons and armors.  SAO is already running into issues with gear giving too many bonuses, to the point where the bonuses are more important than the dice roll.  Adding the ability to gain additional bonuses is just going to compound that problem further.

At the same time it doesn't feel very... fluffy.  Currently the system is abstracted to just handle three items, this doesn't necessarily mean that the character only has three items on them, it just means that the three items they have equipped are the 'important ones', the ones that we actually keep track of.  The idea of weird hybrid armor doesn't match up at all with the systems detailed in the LN.

Well, he has listed pretty strong constraints for how much or how little combination can be done with/to an item, relative to its quality. It's nerved to the point where it doesn't stretch the limitations of the system- in fact, it adheres to the 1-2-3 cap. The only real "broken" part is that when you combine the items, you can pick and choose which bonuses you'd like applied, but they still have to fall in line with the preexisting constraints.

When you consider that, it's almost entirely cosmetic as a suggestion.

Well, he has listed pretty strong constraints for how much or how little combination can be done with/to an item, relative to its quality. It's nerved to the point where it doesn't stretch the limitations of the system- in fact, it adheres to the 1-2-3 cap. The only real "broken" part is that when you combine the items, you can pick and choose which bonuses you'd like applied, but they still have to fall in line with the preexisting constraints.

When you consider that, it's almost entirely cosmetic as a suggestion.

If it is cosmetic then it doesn't need rules, does it?  

The bonuses have to fall within pre-existing constraints, but assuming I'm reading it right each added piece of gear adds an additional stat.  Which means that you'd have a total of +9 worth of bonus assuming you had a perfect weapon, armor, and extra to attach it to.   Currently if you have three pieces of perfect gear, you'd have +9 to the gear.  With this proposed system and enough time you'd have +18.  Hardly just cosmetic when it effectively doubles the power of gear.

That's the whole point of a MMORPG though. Kirito said it himself. It is not supposed to be fair. It is supposed to reward those who work for it and are strong, while the weak suffer. *evil laugh* Plus, I think the bonuses problem is the whole reason why it must be submitted for approval, so don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm not talking about a gap between weak and strong players, I'm talking about it would further strain the system and reduce the ability for it to grow as people level.

Perfects allow for 3 other ithems but to be frank thats not true.

it only works on amor such as helms chest plates and shield with a restrictiion of no two handed weapon. Here is what I have as it.

e.g. You have 2 Perfect pieces, and you put have 3 attachments, you only would gain 4 in total from the attachmetns as the first attachment gains you no added bonuses, so in turn you could have this,

Perfect Chest Plate: 3 stats

>>Attachments: 3

> Bonus from attachment(s): 2

Perfect Gaunlet: 3 stats

>> Attachments: 3

Total stats: 6

> Extra stats gaines: 4

Thats just armor, now if you want and have all perfect items equiped then you would have max 13 stats.

Perfects allow for 3 other ithems but to be frank thats not true.

it only works on amor such as helms chest plates and shield with a restrictiion of no two handed weapon. Here is what I have as it.

e.g. You have 2 Perfect pieces, and you put have 3 attachments, you only would gain 4 in total from the attachmetns as the first attachment gains you no added bonuses, so in turn you could have this,

Perfect Chest Plate: 3 stats

>>Attachments: 3

Perfect Gaunlet: 3 stats

>> Attachments: 3

Total stats: 6

> Extra stats gaines: 4

Thats just armor, now if you want and have all perfect items equiped then you would have max 13 stats.

That is a little bit clearer I suppose.  I did miss that it was only armor the first read through.

My point still stands however.  It is an overly complicated way of doing something.  If we want to increase the available bonuses (And I don't necessarily believe that we do) that can be granted by armor, we could either simply add more enhancement slots for armor, or add additional slots for armor/accessories/whatever.  Both serve the same purpose and do so in a way that is not nearly as convoluted.  No offense.