Solo Party - Floor 9 <<Feeding the Enemy>> An unforseen friendship..

Questing alone gets rather depressing, L needed a companion to join him on his adventures a friend to fight by his side. When he heard about the <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest he got excited and looked forward to it greatly. A pet that fought with him would do very very nicely. He looked down to his Black Fur coat a now fairly old piece of armour which he had become quit attached to harboured memories of the type of companion he wanted or as the game called them, 'familiars' he didn't mind either way.

He found the quest giver and happily accepted making his way towards the 9th floor, he was extremely nervous about going to such a dangerous level but he felt ready for anything. The 9th floor was something else, nothing like he'd expected it to be. There were huge mountains surrounding the numerous chain of villages and freshly melted snow everywhere allowing a considerable amount of plant life to bloom.. it was rather beautiful but he should have known Kayaba better than that. Everything he had to do was to perfection. 

He walked into the village and asked around for help, eventually he found an information broker and figured out the best place to find exactly what he was looking for. A gypsy who lived in a hut at the footstep of the mountain which held the key to his next step. He made sure he had everything before leaving, he didn't want any unexpected surprises 

A good while later he finally reached the gypsy "Uhh hi.. im here because of the <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest" She eye'd him curiously for a second and started to feel around the muscles all over his body "Yes Yes, i see i see, very young fit and healthy ooho like you" He wasn't sure what to think, he was both very disturbed and creeped out but he needed her help "Can you help me or not?"  She looked at him angrily "Youngsters, so impatient but yes i can help you. There is a way to earn your own companion in this world. However you must befriend it like you would befriend anyone, right? So don't go thinking your gonna be swinging that sword anytime soon" He frowned at her statement for a number of reasons but i digress.  "Let's say I'm not that good with making friends... how would one befriend such a creature" "The same way women have to get through all animals hearts.. with food" She smiled sheepishly and tapped his chest, he smiled awkwardly and nodded, he understood what he had to do. 

"I guess all that's left is to actually do it. I guess exploring should help, but i need to make sure i've got food first" He thought to himself for a moment. If he wanted a companion then it should have similar tastes to him, something like a spirit anime.. he likes taste in meats... he loved red meat.. who knows.. He looked down at his Alpha Wolf cloak and remembered back to his first ever sub boss fight. A wolf would make the perfect companion. "I wonder what kind of materials i can get from the monsters in this place.."

He made his way into the mountains, the rocky floors were harsh but at least the sun was shining and it was relatively warm. He liked this floor, it reminded him of home, it wasn't snowy mountains even though it did snow from time to time during the winter but it was also fairly grassy near the base and mostly rocky when it came to the mountain, there wasn't a mesh of environments and that's what gave the scenery such a sense of purity. He took in a deep breath of fresh air and exhaled for a long while it was a great feeling. He looked around but couldn't find a monster anywhere, it was very, very strange..

Considering the fact that he could sneeze and get the aggro of monsters signalled something strange about this place, maybe he wasn't worth it to these monsters, maybe they thought of him as some weak npc.. he didn't like the thought of being worthless. "YOU CAN FIGHT ME NOW" No answer.. he continued to yell begging for a challenge, he wanted to find a wolf to tame, it was all he could think about. 

He heard a few rocks tumbling lightly behind him "AHA I FOUND YOU" He turned around and there stood a bandit with his rapier drawn "STAND AND DELIVER" The excitement withdrew from his face and he felt an overwhelming annoyance sweep over him. He shook his head and drew his blade "You picked the wrong person to mugg kiddo" He internally laughed at his own statement, the bandit was probably 10 years older than he was but his height suggested something else.

Bandit

Health: 25

Attack: 3

Abilities: Bleed 2 (2) rolls 18,19,20

thief_guy_by_dynamaito-d5iorpp.png

~Life: 17/17 - lvl 7

~Bandit: 25/25 - lvl 11

The bandit stood firm and shouted one more time "STAND.AND.DELIVER" "Jeez you just don't get it do you. Don't fret.. I'll help you understand" He straighten'd his poise and ducked under the bandits field of view as soon as he blinked, giving him the impression of vanishing. He smirked and got a clean blow to the bandits rib cage slicing deep into his flesh in between two ribs. The bandit turned quickly only making the damage worse and gritted his teeth in pain. 

~Attack success! Critical! 4 damage (1+2 curved sword proficiency +1 critical) 

~Paralysis (1) on bandit. No action could be taken. 

~Life: 17/17 - lvl 7

~Bandit: 21/25 - lvl 11

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L stepped to the side again out of view from the bandit, it turned around and tried to counter attack but L was too quick, he thrusted forward with his shinigami arm guard knocking him back slightly and followed up with a phantom slash with his other hand. The phantom slash was a technique which created a mirage of the blade striking before it actually hit, making the opponent block early allowing an opening to be created and a second attack to be made, it was the complete opposite to the way he fights when in the zone, it was perfection in his technique an elegance, where as the zone was the absence of all form, a ruthless killing.

~Attack Success!

~Skill Success!

~Life: 17/17

~Bandit: 18/25 

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 14 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The bandit didn't know what to do, whenever he was ready for a strike, he was stopped before he could even move. The fear of dying got the better of him as he tried to fight it back throwing a flimsy strike back at L. He simply ignored the attack and moved forward slashing upwards at the bandits chest looking into the bandits eyes with his own.. cold and dead full of disappointment and annoyance. "Now Now, don't tell me that's all you have to offer!" He pushed his blade further into the bandits chest knocking him away from him.

~Attack Success!

~Enemy Attack Fail!

~Bandit: 15/25

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d20 (loot) dice.

"Let's get this over with already, Im growing bored and uninterested in your pathetic skill" the second he said this the bandit seemed spiritually crushed. L was extremely harsh when it came to disappointing foes, he didn't like wasting his precious time and this bandit was a complete and utter waste of it. He ran forward and cut deeply back into the bandits body underneath the last one creating an L shape, the bandit tried to counter but epicly failed losing gip of his sword and dropped it to the floor. Kind of arrogant but he needed some form of entertainment to satisfy him with this battle, no matter how gruesome. The bandit cried in pain and fell to the floor next to his blade clasping his chest from the pain.

~Attack Success! Critical! 4 damage!

~Enemy attack epic fail.

~Bandit: 11/25

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 1 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The bandit looked up at him in anger, it looked like he was done being pushed around and spat on. He got up picking up his sword with him and charged straight towards L, blade in hand. L raised an eye-brow, he wasn't expecting him to fight back, L slowly moved forward and prepared himself for a phantom counter attack. The bandit didn't care for his fancy tricks and charged his blade straight into him. He recoiled in pain "That's more like it! Show me your animal instinct" 

~Attack Fail! 

~Enemy attack Success!

~Life: 14/17

~Bandit: 11/25

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L slugged forward putting his weight into his blade smiling evilly "Show me strength!" The bandit blocked and he pressed down harder "Yes! That's the way! Show me more!" He pushed his blade down harder, the bandit struggled against his force. "You're crazy!" The bandit shouted in fear, he had never met anyone as battle hungry as L before. The insult only fuel'd his rage and he grinned maniacally "Im not crazy, HA, What a joker!" He pushed down harder yet again and the bandit gave in to the pressure, both blades sinking into the bandits chest. 

~Attack Success!

~Enemy attack failed!

~Bandit: 8/25

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

The bandit was again knocked back, L stepped on his chest pressing down on the fresh wounds smiling maniacally, he wasn't sure what was happening to him but he enjoyed seeing weaklings in pain.. this had never happened to him before to this extent. His thirst for blood seemed to increase against human like opponent's he thought to himself as he carved out a chunk of the bandits shoulder with the rusted curved tip of his falchion. The bandit flayed it's arms at him but he was in too much pain to think straight or aim..

~Attack Success!

~Enemy Attack Failed!

~Bandit: 5/25

• Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

L tilted his head and looked at the bandit playfully "What am i ever going to do with you? Oh.. i have an idea" He kicked the bandit up letting him at least crouch on his own two feet and cut up the middle of his back severing the nerves in his spine, the blade continued up until he reached his skull and sliced it straight down the middle. The bandit laid on the floor dead for a moment before disappearing into pixels. "Im getting more brutal with every fight.. what's wrong with me.."

~Attack succes. Perfect Critical. 5 damage (2 base +1 proficiency+2 crit) 

~Bandit: 0/25 DEAD

~Loot: 1 fine cloth

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He let out a sigh and thought about the sanctuary again, he was tempted now more than ever to find out what it was about. It would have to wait, he had a lot more pressing manners to take care of first than his own mental stability. "Hereeee wolfy wolfy wolfy" An alpha dire wolf sitting on top of a giant boulder over the hill looked down on him rolling its eyes. The human clearly had no idea what he was doing. "I have treats! Don't you want treats" L wondered around aimlessly not sure of what he was talking to. The wolf smiled lightly, he was offering food, at least he was doing one thing right. 

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

He thought to himself for a moment. "Oh wait i don't actually have any food on me.." He shook his head and the wolf did the same. He travelled to a distant ranch and waited till dark. "Let me see here.. we got pork.. uhhh beef.. hmm... chicken" The wolf had followed him, hidden in sight. It seemed to internally reply to each of the foods. Pork? It shook its head desperately. Beef? It loved that idea, nice a tender, the way it liked it. Chicken? He wouldn't mind but it was much too small. "What would i choose? After all this is meant to be a companion which shares my interests.." With that said the decision became a no brainer "Red meat.. beeeeeeeeffffff" His mouth and the wolfs mouth both began to water at the idea of succulent meat. 

He snuck up behind the cow and drew his blade "Forgive me" He slid his blade into the cow and it seemed to howl.. "What the..."  It grew to an enormous size and its eye went red growing fiendish horns out of its original stubs. "Well then.." The cow kicked him back into a pile of manure. "Just lovely"

~Attack success!

~Enemy attack success!

~Life: 16/19

~Mad Cow: 16/20

• Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The mad bull rushed at him with its horns gleaming bright. "Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"  Then he cut deep into it and he shouted out with glee "Yipee" Then the poor mad bull wasn't very glad to be, at that place fighting him. Because L was going to claim victory.

~Attack success!

~Enemy attack success!

~Life: 14/19

~Mad Cow: 10/20

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.