[OP-F1] Earning a living

Alice had always loved performing. It didn't matter what kind, as long as she was able to. She mostly loved singing because she'd done it since age 4. She always sang during holidays, not caring what holiday. Alice wanted to be a performer, but how would she start? Where would she start? She hopes for someone to be nearby playing a song she knew, so she could show them her talent.

Kazuya was with her as he always was. He had more reasons to now than just because he loved her, though. Just recently she had been kidnapped by a man who was hired to kill him. He remained close to her. 'I will support her as well as protect her,' he thought to himself. He held her hand and pointed toward the building with the huge sign saying, "Artisan's Guild." He turned to her and said, "I think that's as good s place to start as any."

She looked up at him with a sheepish smile "are you sure?" She held his hand, leading him to it "I don't really know what I'm supposed to do or anything..." She doubted herself, and did a long but silent sigh. She had always lied to herself, but for a good reason. Whenever someone said she could never do something she urged herself to be able to.

"It's okay. You just go in and audition. If they like you, they'll recognize you as an official performer. After that, you gain a lot of new abilities, like being able to pull off fancy dodges or stunning monsters with your voice. Cool things like that, as well as being able to be hired to do performances." He walked up to the building opening the door. "If you want, I'll audition first. I was planning on being a performer anyways. It will help with battle, and I like to play the piano as well." He didn't think to mention he could sing. She already knew that. 

She walked inside and thought for a moment "I think I'd be less nervous if you auditioned first." She smiled shyly, having her eye patch back on she looked up at him. She still didn't quite understand why she got so embarrassed around him. Usually she was rude, morbid, sarcastic, and typically vulgar even though she's most likely one of the shortest characters in SAO.

"Okay." He walked up to the clerk. "Umm, hello. I'm R-" He forgot he should probably use his username. "Kazuya. I would like to audition to be an official performer please, as well as my fiancé here." He motions to Alice. The clerk looked up from her paperwork at him. She motioned toward a room.

"Please wait in there for a moment. I will have a someone with you shortly." Kazuya took Alice by the hand and lead her inside the room. It only took five minutes for someone to walk in. It was a man with white hair. He introduced himself.

"Hello. I'm Aeron. I'll be the judge for your performances. If you would, introduce yourself first and then perform. I will then decide whether or not to allow you to become a professional performer." He sat down. Kazuya looked at Alice for a moment then stood up. 

"I'm Kazuya. I'll be singing Trillion Years. I hope you enjoy." He bowed and walked to the area positioned directly across from the chairs. It was obviously for performing. He opened his menu to play the soundtrack he was going to sing to and began singing into the mic-like object. It wasn't long before he really got into it and started dancing. 

He noticed the song was almost over so he raised his arm, pointing at the ceiling like he saw all the idols do, and slowly lowered it, finishing, pointing at his audience. He was breathing a bit more heavily as he had just sang and danced at the same time. "Well, I will wait until you hear her sing before you tell me how I did. I want you to tell us at the same time, okay?" He looked at Aeron. The man nodded his head. Kazuya went and sat down next to Alice. He leaned in and whispered, "You're up. Knock 'em dead." He gave her hand a quick squeeze, as she was about to go up.

Kazuya watched in awe. He had heard her voice before, but it was still amazing. It always reminded him of the moment they first met everybody.

Aeron just watched and nodded at some parts. He leaned over and whispered to Kazuya. "So how did someone like you end up with someone like her? I just got to know. She has some serious talent."

Kazuya whispered back, without even taking his eyes off Alice. "Honestly, I don't know what she saw in me. It must have been something even I didn't see." He smiled as he recounted holding her and walking back to town that day. He continued to listen to her song.

She began to dance to the song, she began remembering when she would perform in the real world. She actually performed this same song before coming into the game. She was stuck here now, she didn't exactly mind anymore. After all she did meet Kazuya. If it weren't for this game, it's possible that they would've never met. Continuing to sing, her eye patch tightly tied on to her, her black cloth outfit fitting her nicely, she had shorts, and a shirt and the rest of the outfit was like everyone else's. She recalled her memories 'she's possessed by death!' 'Don't talk to her she only brings death' 'stay away from her, her father is death' She claimed the name Child of Death. That's what many called her, she gladly accepted it only because it was true, many people she knew died, and she blamed herself. She was weak back then, but she promised she would save anyone she could.

They continued to watch and converse. Kazuya didn't have a word that could describe how he felt as she sang. He just couldn't take his eyes off of her. 'Wow, I wonder. How did I get a girl like this?' Aeron leaned back in his chair.

"Do you think that she would be up for a duet after this? You two are a couple after all. It would be a shame if you couldn't perform together." He looked over at Kazuya with an eyebrow raised.

"Um... I don't know. It's mostly up to her. I'd love to sing something with her, but I'll let her decide."

He almost fell out of his seat because of her tackle. Her face was close to his and she seemed tired, but he still had to ask the question. "Umm... Alice, Aeron wants to know if we could do a duet for him. I told him it was up to you, so?" He had a nervous smile on his face. He hadn't sang with anyone other than his mother before. Even when her bosses came in to offer him a record label, he had sang by himself. 

He blushed a bit and looked at her. Aeron watched them and rolled his eyes. "Oh God! You can **** each other afterwards. I'm waiting for that duet."

Kazuya was nervous. "Um... I've never done a duet. I don't even know what kind of songs are good duets. I'll sing, but Alice, you need to pick the song. I'm sorry. I'm kind of useless when it comes to thing kind of thing."

L walked into the room with a big smile on his face. The little imp he'd come to love stood with his fiance. He overheard the discussing and smirked "Oh come on Kazuya you guys have to pick a song you know so you can both sing" He sat down on a chair excitedly "Im looking forward to this performance, don't choke" He grinned again and crossed his legs watching intently