(SP-F1) A trip to the Field of Crossroads

"Hyaaaah"
"Alright,I did it!"

The big Wild Boar shatter to million pieces. He delivered the final blow with a critical hit.

"Muahaha,not even a boar can stop me now. Muahahahhahaah!"
"Mua...ha...ha...."

He suddenly fall into a big hole that appeared out of nowhere.

"Help me.........!"

"!!!"
"Huh,where's the boar?"

"Why am I in my room?"
"Oh,it's just a dream..."

His dream of his momentary glory end. He's just one step away from acquiring his equipment dropped from the mob he defeated,but not even dream will let him achieve that. He get out from his bed and stand,doing a few stretch.

"Hmm.....today's plan is....hmmmm..."
"Maybe a stroll around the town center will give me some ideas."

He prepare himself and make his way out of the inn.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many people in the town square. Some of them are couples,some are looking at the quest board while others is buying at player-run-shop. He sit at the nearby bench and try to hear for some interesting story.

"I wonder what will I hear today?"

NPC: "Dear travelers,have you been to the Field of Crossroads"
Young Male: "No.Is there something interesting there?"
NPC: "There's a huge wolf that has taken the life of many players. This wolf supposedly guard all the treasure he had taken from his killings."
Young Male: "Wow,treasures! Thanks for the info old man!"
NPC: "Be careful adventurer! It's strong...."

"Now that's certainly interesting.."
"Better check the map first. I wonder how far the field from here?"

He stand up and check the map board. The map was created by the front liners. They bravery in completing this map is something different. He wish he have that kind of bravery.

"Let's see...Oh,it's not that far."
"Alright,let's see if the story is true."

He make his way to the north gate as usual.

He is used to the road around the city by now. He reach the gate quickly by taking shortcuts he discover during his adventure. Without hesitation,he walk outside the city and begin his adventure.

"Perfect weather for a walk today.Too bad I'm not here for a walk."
"Oh,is that a wasp. Alright,time for some warm up."

He draw his sword and walk towards the wasp. 

After confirming the wasp doesn't have any friend,he dash forward to his enemy. He aim his sword forward,aiming for the wasp's fragile body. The attack is a success,the sword pierce through and its HP drop fast. He pull his sword out,but the wasp sting him with its deadly needle before he can dodge.

"Crap,I got poison!"

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.

(One Handed Weapon Mastery: Plus 1 to damage)

Yuji: 11/13
Wasp: 1/4

He can see his status at the HP bar. Green fog icon appear beside his HP.

"This is not good,better finish this fight fast!"

He slash downward at the wasp,hoping that it will connect. He succeed and the wasp is slice to half. Now he doesn't have to worry about being attack.

"Ughh,I better take a rest. This poison status sucks."

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 12 on the d20 (loot) dice.
  •  

Wasp: 0/4

After a short rest,the poison status fade away. He look at his HP and see that it decrease for a considerable amount.

"I haven't reach the field yet and I'm already hurt. Thanks a lot wasp."
"Alright,let's continue. I don't want to fight another wasp."

He stand up and continue his journey.

Halfway through his journey,he found another mob. This time it is different from the other mob. From the outline,he guess that it is a beetle.

"Is that...a beetle? Alright,for the sake of experience I'll fight this mob. I hope it doesn't have any status ailment inflicting attack...."

He ready himself and approach this new mob slowly as rushing at unknown mob will only lead him to his death.

The beetle notice him as he approach it. He stop and tense feeling can be feel.The air gets heavier and his breathing become slower. The beetle rise slowly from the ground. Preparing itself for its attacker.

He then kick the ground. He run forward and duck,placing himself below the beetle. He then jump upward,making an upward slash at the beetle's unprotected body.

"Eat this!"

The attack is very effective. The beetle is thrown backward,HP decreased in a rapid pace. He then prepare for the beetle attack. Not knowing its attack pattern, he make a mistake when the beetle attack him. He thought that the beetle will attack his side,but it is not that smart for that type of maneuver.It attack his front,decreasing his HP.

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Yuji: 7/13
Beetle: 1/5

He step backward,flinch by the beetle's attack. He then try for the same move he did earlier. He position himself below the beetle. This time instead of jumping, he held his sword tight and rise quickly. A lunge at the beetle's body. This will ensure it's death.

The attack was successful,and the beetle got stuck at his sword. Its HP bar is now empty,shattering it to million pieces.

"Easy fight."

• Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d20 (loot) dice.
  •  

Beetle: 0/5

He step backward,flinch by the beetle's attack. He then try for the same move he did earlier. He position himself below the beetle. This time instead of jumping, he held his sword tight and rise quickly. A lunge at the beetle's body. This will ensure it's death.

The attack was successful,and the beetle got stuck at his sword. Its HP bar is now empty,shattering it to million pieces.

"Easy fight."

• Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d20 (loot) dice.
  •  

Beetle: 0/5

As he traverse the field,he see two player from distance. It looks like they are hunting some mobs. The player that looks new here seems eager to fight some mobs,while the other one looks like a teacher.

"I hope they will have fun and the new player will be safe."
"Alright,stalking is bad.Gonna stop stalking."
"Where is this field anyway...."

He walk around until he can see a road.

"Alright,let's follow this road.I hope this will lead me to field."

He almost reach the field,but his road forward is block by two boar. He is not confident in taking both of them at once. But he doesn't want to waste any time. The rumored wolf will probably disappear if he take a detour.

"I better rest first. I'll fight them when my HP is a little bit high. It's faster this way then going for a detour."

He rest at the nearby tree. He eat a bread and drink water.

After a resting for a while...

"Alright,I'm good to go!"

He pick up his sword next to him. He look at the two boar that is still there. 

"Let's hope I can win."
"If I die here...."

His hand is shaking. He close his eye and try to relax. It works,and he feel calmer. He then devise a plan on how to fight the boar.

"Alright,I'm going to fight both at once."
"Here I go!"

He run forward and held his sword with a samurai like stance when they run. He went for the small boar first,confident he can quickly dispatch it. This will make the battle easier. He approach the first boar,surprising both of it. He slash downward at the boar and landed a critical hit.

"One more attack....."

The boar try to attack him together at once. But he step back quickly, avoiding both attack. The boar collides with each other,creating an opening for him.

Wild Boar 1: 1/5  
Wild Boar 2: 6/6

He quickly slash the first boar he attacked. He succeeded in his attack,ending the boar's life. Its friend suddenly become berserk. He see the boar status and a berserk icon appear.

"This is not good!"

He quickly dodge the boar when it try to ram with its tusk. He roll on the floor. The boar reaction seems to increase,as it is prepare to attack him while he is still rolling on the ground.

"Tch..."

He stand up,trying to parry the incoming attack. His reaction is not quick enough,and the boar tackle him.

"So strong.....!"

He fly backward and roll on the ground again. He feel a little dizzy. He stand up while staggering.

"So you're going to avenge your comrade?" Very noble of you."
"But I'm going to survive,and for that you must die!"

(Wild Boar 2 status effect: Berserk [add 1 damage,receive 1 extra damage when attacked] )

Yuji: 9/13
Wild Boar 1: 0/5
Wild Boar 2: 6/6

He inhale and exhale. This time he try to parry. Fighting a berserk enemy head on is a bad idea. The boar charge at him. He held his sword in front of him,timing his parry. The boar is now close to him. He quickly use parry; his sword clash with the boar tusk. Both of them staggered backward.

"Whoa,was that a critical hit just now? Lucky I use parry.."

The boar is now open to his attack. He press his feet,preparing for his attack.

"Prepare yourself,beast!"

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 10 on the d20 (loot) dice.

(Yuji= Successful parry, half damage incoming,dealt half damage. Boar inflict 2 damage [1+2/2]. Yuji inflict 2 damage [1+2/2]. Both damage round up.)

Wild Boar 1: 0/5
Wild Boar 2: 4/6