[OP-F1] Earning a Living (Tailoring) [Complete]

Earning a Living - Profession Tailoring

Tailor.jpg

It was a tiring day out in the fields and Asagi has returned to the city with a purpose.  While out he had obtained a material used in the tailoring profession and so had wanted to look in to the rumored to be almost endless crafting system this game entailed.  After some thought he believed being a tailor would be of great use both for the moment and monetarily useful in the future.  Wandering about Asagi brought up his in game map and found the crafting center of the City of Beginnings.  As he approached this busy area of the city both players and NPCs alike were loud and full of excitement for the crafting experience it seemed.  Wandering over to the tailoring NPCs Asagi observed as they went to work.  It was obvious that the crafting of these items was not going to be as difficult as a real life endeavor but the basics were all still there.  The materials were brought out and skins readied for the tanning process.  Upon preparation the pelts were stretched along the racks and cloth material was weaved on the looms.  It seemed that some materials were simplified and could be processed on equipment not suited for them in the real world.  This was perfectly fine in Asagi's opinion since the real deal would take extraordinary amounts of time to do even the simplest of weaving and sowing.  Time that him and the other poor souls trapped within this game of death could not easily afford.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebekah was wondering around aimlessly in the town of beginning today. She came across the place where people would learn the basics of a craft from a npc. It has been a while since she visited this area. She has not been here ever since she learned the skill of cooking, and she looked down at her armour, maybe someday, she will get better armour.

She looked up and saw a guy approaching one of the NPCs inside. Perhaps, he might want some help with his quest, she decided to go inside and ask.

Walking into the shop Asagi saw the NPCs going about their almost autonomous looking routines.  It seemed that the tailoring profession had a set bit of equipment but the creation was significantly simplified.  As he watched the NPC put a needle down to the materials they were using during the crafting it was only a matter of a couple weaves before something was shaping.  The material started to glow bright and immediately formed into a shirt of some sort.  It seemed that the simple motion of sewing or weaving was enough to activate the full formation of a piece of armor in this game world.  That made matters incredibly simple compared to the work he had imagined would go into all of this.  As he stepped up to the counter of the establishment a couple menu options appeared before him.  One option had an exclamation mark next to it, seemed that we were getting closer to his reason for being here.  Clicking on the option a text window popped up with the title "Earning a Living - Tailoring."  It appears that Asagi had found his quest-line for this endeavor.  As he was about ready to click accept he caught a young lady coming closer from behind him.

"Sorry beautiful did you need to use this menu as well?  I won't be long I promise."

Asagi just gave a smile and turned back to the menu in front of him.

"Not quite, I already finished my quest a long time ago." Rebekah replied. That was true, but that did not explain why she would be visiting the training grounds for other people to learn their crafts, and perhaps one day, perfect it. She was still a long ways away from perfecting her own, but it would come naturally one of these days in the future. Technically, she could repeat the quest to relearn extra mats, but she still had some with her, so she did not want to repeat hers yet.

She had noticed that he was going to be a tailor, and ask, "would you like some help collecting your materials?"

Pressing the accept button on the menu Asagi had officially begun his quest towards becoming a tailor.  In any RPG a person's gear was imperative to survival, just as much if not more imperative than the skills they obtained over the levels.  As the girl behind him spoke he couldn't help but have that little voice in his head say YES!  It was a simple enough quest but if he had learned anything  from other games it was partying was always the smarter choice in order to both survive and thrive.

"Darling that is the nicest offer I have receive yet.  I would be undyingly greatful should a ravishing girl such as yourself help me in my endeavors."

Before he could say much more the NPC had turned around and was looking at him intently.

"Hello adventurer, you want to become a tailor such as myself I see.  The path of a tailor is not always an easy one and to get the materials you require can take you to dangerous places indeed.  What I need from you to begin your training is the proper tailoring materials so we can start crafting in the trade.  Your task is to set out and gather 5 pieces of tailoring materials and return here to start your apprenticeship.  Good luck adventurer and I hope to see you again soon."

"Well now miss, you heard the automoton over here.  Seems that I will need to venture out and get some materials.  Thankfully I already know the animals around here will drop pelts and other such materials for tailoring.  Found it out during my earliest hours of being in the game.  So shall we formulate a plan?"

Rebekah listened to the quest details, 5 materials, that might take a while, but she was not busy. She was all set to go, and told him, "I'm ready to leave, whenever you are" she replied. To be honest, there was not a concrete plan that they needed to formulate, as they could just go and kill 5 monsters. However, he was right, there does need to be a plan, because it is often dangerous to travel with higher level players, as the monsters may have higher health points than the lower leveled player. She looked over, and told him, "If you need to bail at any point to stay alive, do what you got to do" she said.

With that, she sent over a party request invite.

The girl seemed quite happy to help, but her warning was a bit disheartening.  Asagi may not be of her level just yet but he also was no coward.  His skills would show through in the journey, running away just wasn't in his style.  Either way without much more thought a party request appeared before his screen.  Hitting accept brought up a health bar directly below his with the name Rebekah.

"A sincere pleasure to make your acquaintance Rebekah, thank you for your offer of help.  My name is Lotharian, and as for running away, I believe I will be able to prove my worth even among the creatures you tell me to fear.  I would feel ashamed to leave a beautiful lady behind in the midst of battle.  I appreciate the concern wholeheartedly though."

The girl seemed kind enough and in this game looks told you nothing of the capabilities of the people before you.  He would just have to see what this girl was capable of in action.

"Shall we be off then?  Im not completely certain of where you planned to find these materials.  I haven't ventured far past the boars upon the surrounding hills around here but I assure you I will be useful in a fight."

"Sure, let's leave now, so we can get back before it gets dark outside." Rebekah replies. She looked over at Lotharian, he sure was sounding quite brave. Perhaps it had a lot to deal with how she had been previously sheltered in this game by several players early on, and when tackling some hard quests earlier in her times, or that she had searched for mavericks before. It had changed her perspective on things, she would not mind if they had to do what was best for them, she would do the same in a heartbeat if she was put in those shoes.

Nonetheless, they left the building and headed towards their destination.

So it was decided, as the two adventurers left the establishment Asagi was simply following along with her wondering where she had in mind.  Like he had told her his experience outside of the city was greatly limited and so other than pieces of information he had gathered together there was a lot of mystery to behold out there.

"Milady, may I inquire where you want to head to achieve our objectives?  The world in here is vast and I imagine from your tone you have seen much more of it than I.  With that experience behind you I leave myself in your capable hands and I will follow you to wherever you deem best to go."

He made a good point. All along, she thought that he was leading the way, but it turns out that she forgot to ask the important question. "What kind of tailoring mat are you looking for specifically?" Rebekah asked. It would be a lot easier if she knew what they were looking for. There were slight variations in the different types of armour, but she has not gone in depth researching about them at all. In fact, she has not spent a single point on a defensive stat, other than her quest-drop battle coat, which has served her well up until now.

The girl seemed a bit soft spoken, as they walked along it seemed she was thinking about his request.  There were obviously a lot of different locations to choose from in the vicinity that would drop the proper loot.  As she spoke up to ask what he had wanted he had to think for a moment himself.  He had planned on making himself a bit of leather armor as soon as possible so it would seem the logical choice to obtain hides.  Asagi knew there was a plethora of different items that he could get but as of yet he wasn't fully sure if they had a significant difference.  In his inventory both the boar and the wolf pelts he had grabbed during his fights simply stated they were tailoring materials.  It would come to reason that in tailoring the material was a little less important than the player's intent in using and crafting them.  So it was decided that they would simply harvest some mobs for more of the said pelts.

"Well I believe getting pelts from the local mobs would be quite a useful endeavor.  If possible I want to become an accomplished tailor who specializes in leathworking.  In that respect the hides of things like boars, wolves, and deer would be what I imagine we should obtain.  Im not fully versed in the profession system yet but from what I have seen it won't matter that much which mob we obtain them from as long as it is the correct material.  Maybe while we are out there we can grab something up for you profession.  What exactly was yours again?  You mentioned you had completed your profession quest previously so I was interested."

"In that case, I suggest, how about one boar, two wolves, and two deers." She knew that boars are easily found everywhere, and would not require much effort to find them. She has not ran into a deer at the moment, but would like to know where they could be found. As for the suggestion, it was nice, but it was unnecessary, she did not want to drag out this day as long as possible.

"Ok then as you wish Rebekah.  Since we are in the city at the moment I suggest we try to find a good hill on which to exterminate some of the boars.  They have a fairly good spawn rate and are fairly weak so I imagine they will pose little trouble.  Lets get going then or we will be at this all day haha."

With a bit of a chuckle Asagi increased his gait and headed for the next part of their little excursion.

It took a while, but they finally managed to arrive at their destination. She looked up at Lotharian, and asked "you first?" The hill that they arrived on did not have the best respawn rate on this floor, but it was quick enough for them. The more important news was that this hill does respawn almost all of the animals that they would have to hunt, so they do not need to travel to another location.

"Well then I suppose I can go first dear.  I guess we should start with the lowly old boars wandering about in front of us."

Moving up to engage in combat Asagi noticed two boars grazing together.  Since there were two of them Asagi was confident in attacking multiple of the low level mobs in unison.  Running forth the attack began as he attempted to slash at the beasts hide.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice

The blade cut clean upon its mark as the two creatures whirled around to face their enemy.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

One after the other the two boars charged at Asagi barely missing him each time.  The boots he had recently aquired from his journey's within the mine seemed to have been well worth the trouble.  The fluid motion with which he slid by each foe was much more than he had anticipated.

"Ok Rebekah I think I got their attention lets do this."

Lotharian 15/15

Boar 1: 8/10

Boar 2: 10/10

[Dice roll ID #s 648, 649]

Rebekah took a look up at the fight that had just started. Which boar should she attack, she still had not made up her decision, but decided to quickly make her attack. She had been thinking to attack boar 2, but had gotten the boars mixed up, and when it came time to draw her rapier to attack, she had missed.

668:  BD = 3 (Miss)

Lotharian 15/15

Rebekah 19/19

The boars definitely seemed to have been angered by the sudden intervention of enemies.  Upon Asagi's entrance into the fray Rebekah soon came in attempting to strike one of the boars with what seemed to be a rapier.  A good and agile weapon but as a thrusting sword was not always as easy to land a blow.  This was evident as unfortunately the girl went wide with the blade and just missed her intended target.  It was not all lost though as it seemed that boar had turned it's attention to the girl for the moment.  This would give Asagi the chance to concentrate and take down the beast he had injured already.

"Be careful Rebekah, I will dispatch of this one as quickly as possible.  If you don't mind I would appreciate you distracting the one in front of you as long as you can."

Facing the mob in front of him Asagi lined up another slash of his wakazashi.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The slash missed as the creature moved quickly in for a strike against Asagi.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Using the momentum of his missed strike Asagi spun clear out of the way of the oncoming beast.  That was a disappointing display but he wouldn't be discouraged.  He was hoping to see what his new party member could do as well as he regained his battle stance.

Lotharian 15/15

Rebekah 19/19

[Dice roll ID # 708]

-- Boar 2 ---

Meanwhile, Rebekah was having this one-on-one battle with the other boar on the other side of the battle field. They were oblivious to anything that was happening over there, except for the fact that their health bars were linked together. The boar had managed to evade the girl's attack and managed to swipe at her with its counter-attack at the split-second that she was vulnerable to attack. She was not expecting for such a smart boar to be able to pick out the time and location, but it did not matter at all.

740: Mob = 7

Lotharian 15/15
Rebekah 18/19

The girl was seeming to have a bit of a problem with her prey, it was imperitive that he finish the beast in front of him post haste.  Dropping into a more aggressive battle stance Asagi was hoping to whittle down this damnable creature quicker so he could help his comrade.  The power flowed through his sword and has he felt it reach it's zenith he darted in for the strike.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

He succeeded on dealing a massive blow to the animal as the wakazashi pierced deeply into the thick hide of the boar.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Unfortunately for him as he made his risky maneuver the thrashing mob nicked him in the arm with a tusk as he passed by slicing into the unprotected flesh.  No matter what he had to eliminate the threats and get what he had come out here for.  It was a simple surface wound, nothing to lose confidence over.  He had the upper hand against these pitiful foes.

Lotharian 14/15
Rebekah 18/19

Boar 1: 5/10

[Dice roll ID # 743]

She was having zero success today, and she decided to rethink her first attack. It had whiffed completely but she had decided to forgo this attack opportunity in the hopes that she could rethink what she did wrong, after it had went completely terribly. Perhaps it was her rhythm that she was off, she did not know, and she kept thinking. She eventually came to the answer, but had realize her time to attack had been used up just standing there.

745: BD = 2

Lotharian 14/15
Boar 1: 5/10

Rebekah 18/19