[OP-F1] Earning a Living (Tailoring) [Complete]

Swirling around to quickly jump back at the his foe Asagi swung wildly like a beast out of it's cage.  His movements weren't going to be matched by a mere trash mob, and more importantly he had a comrade to help who seemed to be having a bit of trouble.  Fixing to make quick work of the boar he slashed viciously once again.

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The blade went into the boar's hide nicely but Asagi's footing was off slightly, he had become too confident in his abilities and he may very well see the consequences.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Raging with anger the boar bashed into Asagi's stomach as he was slightly off balance from his wild strike.  The impact speared his side with the tusk and blasted him back with sheer force.  As he tumbled back he barely was able to keep his footing as he slid to a stop and momentarily took a knee.

"Ouch, guess I need to be a little more careful even with trash such as this."

Lotharian 11/15
Boar 1: 3/10

Rebekah 18/19
Boar 2: 10/10

[Dice roll ID # 756]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Boar 2 --

She had heard him, he had to be more careful, actually both of them had to be more careful around these lower level monsters, as they never knew how strong they actually would be. Just as she was thinking about it, the boar managed to ram at her with all its speed, as she was completely caught off guard not thinking about the battle at all.

783: Mob = 9

Lotharian 11/15

Rebekah 16/19
Boar 2: 10/10

The boars strike wouldn't keep him down for long, Asagi raised himself and prepared for another offensive.  If he lost the momentum then he would be at a disadvantage.  The old saying was the best defense is a good offense and he took that to heart.  Closing the gap between himself and the mob yet again he went for a decisive strike.

Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Damn, he missed again, these things were becoming quite the burden after all.  Quickly avoiding the counter of the mob Asagi had to look for openings carefully as he circled around his prey.

[Dice roll ID # 872]

[OOC: I am still using my old weapons (ie. Wicked Rapier +1 DMG, +1 ACC, and Rank 2 Rapier Skill + 2 DMG) for remainder of roleplay; regardless of my signature ;)

After taking the time to focus both she and the boar charged at each other, but she was faster, and was able to extend her long reach including the tip of the rapier and pierce the wild boar before it could hit her at all. It was nice for her to be able to fight from a distance away, with that extended reach is a huge advantage.

879: BD = 7; Mob = 3

Lotharian 11/15

Rebekah 16/19
Boar 2: 6/10

Rebekah made contact with her opponent, she seemed filled with more confidence and vigor now it seemed.  The rapier she used struck true and the boar recoiled from the damage.  In it's shaken state it didn't have enough time for a proper counter-attack and missed by a mile.

"Great job Rebekah, now lets show them what we can really do."

Now inspired by the newly found energy of his comrade Asagi lined up his next strike ready to pierce through the wicked creature.  His demeanor became more serious and directed as he focused on nothing but his prey set out before him.  Moving forward he serpentine across the battlefield to strike like a cobra at his foe.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Coming up from the side of the boar Asagi struck hard into it's hide.  He attempted to whirl around the creature before it could react but it's tusk nicked him on his way around gouging at his leg.  The beast looked ready to croak but he knew once last good hit would do it in.  The health bar above it's head showed the mobs tentative hold on life and Asagi was determined to take it down.

Lotharian 10/15
Boar 1: 1/10

Rebekah 16/19

[Dice roll ID # 881]

However, after her reach gave her the advantage, she tried to swing again, but extra greediness had cost her, as the pig was able to close the distance and attacked her. To make matters worse, she had missed her swing, and should have played a lot more defensively in that instance as opposed to trying to end the battle at this specific moment.

883: BD = 1; Mob = 7

Lotharian 10/15

Rebekah 15/19

Asagi lined up for what he hoped was the final strike upon his foe.  Racing in he slashed at the creature aiming to eviscerate it from the side.  The sooner he took down this mob the sooner he could go to the aid of Rebekah who for all her skills seemed to be having as much trouble as he was at the moment.  This just made him more determined to destroy the beast and move on.

Rolled a 1 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (mob) dice.

The slash missed wildly, Asagi recovered quickly enough to dart away from the creatures counter assault.  What was going on?  Why were they having such trouble?  Luck was decidedly not with the pair of adventurers today.

[Dice roll ID # 884]

Rebekah had changed focus during this time to spend more time focusing on the defensive side of the game, and hopefully the offensive strikes will come from the counter attacks. She did not want to lose any more health points in this battle, and was now determined to end it as soon as possible.

885: BD = 2; Mob = 6 (-1) = 5

Lotharian 10/15

Rebekah 15/19

The swing of battle was not going their way as Asagi heard his partner get struck brutally again.  It wasn't a good sign, he knew she was of a higher level but she had been taking some major punishment.  His enemy was almost done for and then he could help her but not until then.  Starting to feel greatly angered at his own failing Asagi had a new fire lit beneath him.  He wanted this mob to die, he wanted to win, he was not going to let such trash get the best of him.  Letting out a battle-cry he raced at the creature in front of him, slashing at it with ferocity he didn't know he had he was going to end this.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The blade severed the beasts head almost clear off and the boar quickly pixelated as it fell to the ground.  Asagi breathed heavily as he calmed himself down.  There were other matters to attend to, as he turned quickly towards the other fight in progress he rushed over to Rebekah who was fighting desperately to hang on.

"Don't worry Rebekah Im on my way."

Obtained tailoring material

Lotharian 10/15
Boar 1: Deceased

Rebekah 15/19

[Dice roll ID # 886]

Rebekah blocked the boar's next attack, and caught a glimpse of the legs. This time she focused for the boar's leg, fully knowing that it was one of the weak points, in an attempt to land a critical attack. (still editing)

908: BD = 9; Mob = 5

Rebekah 15/19
Boar 2: 1/10

Asagi was running towards the battle between Rebekah and the remaining wolf, she had dealt a severe blow to the creature and it looked as if it was on it's last shred of life.  Knowing that it was still off kilter from her attack Asagi went in to surprise it for the killing blow.  He hoped his luck had changed as he unleashed a flurry of swipes at the mob.  After this catastrophe he figured they both would need a slight breather.

Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The shot missed, he couldn't believe it, this mobs had been the bane of both of them for far too long.  Regardless it seemed that it had no ability to do much other than dodge his shoddy attack as it still seemed to be slightly reeling from the blow it had previously received.  Asagi hoped Rebekah could just end it with the next blow and let them move on to the next purgatory they had to battle.

Lotharian 10/15

Rebekah 15/19
Boar 2: 1/10

[Dice roll ID # 929]

Even though he was coming over to help, she knew that she could finish the battle all by herself. She only needed one more hit, and decided to use herself as bait. She was not going to defend against the upcoming attack, but instead let it attack her. This would make the boar commit to be near her, where she can easily land that last hit without missing. It was a risky strategy, but she knew that she had the hit points to take the hit.

945: BD = 6; Mob = 10; LD = 6

Lotharian 10/15

Rebekah 12/19

Boar 2: 0/10

+ Mat

Rebekah had finally done it, they had defeated the mob and were done with this torturous leg of the journey.  He couldn't believe that it had been such an immensely difficult task just to take down two boars.  As he turned towards her he smiled warmly with not just a slight hint of exasperation.

"Well then, good work Rebekah, I was not expecting that to be as bad as it turned out to be.  I think we both may need a second breather after that ordeal of sort.  What do you think our next course of action may be?  Additionally I hate to ask but, the material that dropped, if you would like to retain it I couldn't possibly blame you but for this quest of mine I believe I will be needing it."

Asagi looked at her a little embarrassed, after what they had just had to endure he wouldn't push her for the item.  Though she did offer her help in this quest and he hoped that they could expedite a little bit.

She was a bit annoyed with that question, it was implied at the beginning of the adventure that she'll help him get all 5 for free. However, she was not going to hand it over now, but after they finish collecting all 5 mats. That was typically the standard in most roleplays, but she just remembered that she had to explain information like this to the newer players. It was a lot faster for her to send one trade request at the end rather than several individual ones.

He was right, she would like some time to heal up first, she asked, "What other mats do you need?"

Asagi sat on the crass for just a moment as they recuperated from the battle.  Rebekah didn't look all that happy at the situation they were in either.  She simply kept silent for the most part only speaking up to inquire what else he might need to finish this all too long quest he had endeavored upon.

"Well the quest simply requested for me to gather tailoring materials, Im not quite sure if there is much of a difference or whether in these professions they really care within this world.  I already have gathered a couple from previous exploring though, so perchance we can merely get one more or so and that will be sufficient for these NPCs.  Its worth a shot anyway, what do you think about it dear?  You keep awfully quiet, let me hear your pretty voice speak it's mind."

She did not agree with that idea for a variety of reasons. However, she knew that it would be best to continue as it is a lot easier to obtain the extra 3 mats now, than run out in the near future. There was always a shortage of mats around, and that was a constant problem in this game. That said, it was not up to her to decide.

Feeling as though he had rested enough and said his piece sufficiently Asagi lifted himself off the ground.  Dusting himself off he looked over to the creatures not far away from the pair.  It wouldn't do them any good just waiting around any long, it was time for them to get going.

"Ok then, I can see your not totally on board with the idea, but I just feel that dragging you around for too long when you were already so kind to help would be rude.  Let's see how we feel out the situation and decide where we go from there."

Heading over to the new foe Asagi once again drew his sword ready to strike.  Launching into combat he aimed straight for the beast's side, aiming for vital organs while keeping away from those dangerous tusks was an important part of fighting these things he had found.

Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.

His strategy had worked well as Asagi felt the blade sink deep into the boar.  As soon as the wakazashi passed through the flesh of his enemy he jumped back in plenty of time to avoid the angry boar's counter attack.  If he could repeat this type of result he was sure that this one would be much less trouble than their previous prey.

Lotharian 15/15

Boar 7/10

[Dice ID # 1064]

Rebekah also wanted to get this over with, and wanted to let her attack do the talking. She followed up on the attack by Lotharian, to deal a critical hit, with a full combo of her wicked rapier. She was really going to miss this rapier, as it had helped her a lot. She looked over at the health bar as it fell down into the red, and almost to zero, but not quite zero.

1119: BD = 10; Damage = 3 + 2 + 1 = 6

Lotharian 10/15*

Rebekah 12/19*

Boar 1/10

The two of them had dealt swift and powerful blows to the mob.  The creature was ready to keel over already and as he went in for the kill he could feel the his goal ebb ever closer.  Slashing with his blade he was going to end this finally and they could go back to the town knowing the job was done.

Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.

The strike came down with such force that the boar simply was obliterated into nothingness instantly.  As it disappeared he could see the material that they had been seeking.  He quickly picked it up and put it into his inventory.

Obtained Tailoring Material

"Well seems the last boar was of little consequence after all, so shall we go back my dear?  I can't thank you enough for you help, however, tedious the task may have been."

[Dice ID # 1129]

"Well, do you have everything you need? I can stay until you have collected all that you need." She replied. She was just happy that she was able to execute her last set of attacks so cleanly, to be able to avoid taking any damage at all. She took a look at the equipment that she had, it was still relatively clean.