PP-F3: Bump in the night [COMPLETE]

Mari watched as he dove into the water, swimming around underneath before coming back up, he was a few feet away from her, and already treading water. Mari guessed that she was standing on a sandbar, and that if she were to take just a few steps off she too would have to tread the water. She'd rather not do that at this point.

Moartea asked Mari a rather personal question; and it did upset her. But she couldn't exactly blame him, she had indeed let slip a few more personal words. The woman bit her lower lip, blue gaze drifting down to the water, which lapped at her pale body. "I had a daughter, at 24; It's not exactly that young to have a child. Most women I know have children at the age of 18 or so...." She trailed off, it was a very difficult and painful subject for her to breach. Mari forced a smile as she looked up at him. "Looks can be deceiving eh?" 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moartea saw her pained look and knew to stop the personal questions, and he heard her say that looks were deceiving, "Aye they are, but alas I too don't look it, but I'm rather young myself, I'm twenty-one to be frank." He said in a more upbeat tone of voice, as he swam forward abit, he found a sandbar and stepped on it, as he stood out of the water. His dress shirt, now transparent, clung to his skin, as his body now revealed that he was extremely muscular, and that there was a rather large scar on his chest. One that started just below the collar bone, and went in a 45 degree slant downward, and stopped around the base of his rib cage. As he felt the uncomfortable shirt on him, he opened his inventory and unequipped it, and his ivory white skin glimmered in the moonlight. He looked up and stared at the moon, and smiled, as he liked the night time, and this kind of scene, slightly turning his head he gazed at Mari, his Slate grey eyes somewhat glowing now. As he turned and a slight smile unfolded upon his lip, "This is rather fun, would you say not?" Asking her in a calm and warm tone of voice.

Mari gave a slightly amused grin, despite her crestfallen gaze. "25 here. At least, I believe so. I've lost track of time." Just as she suspected, he was younger than her. Mari had yet to meet someone as old as, or older than her. Still, Moartea was one of the older players she had come across. "I would have guessed around that, maybe 22." Mari mused.

Moartea removed his shirt; and it wasn't his toned chest that caused her gaze to travel along his skin, but the scar. It was such an odd shape, as though the corner of a large metallic object had been shoved into him. Mari didn't hear his next question, asking if she was enjoying herself. Mari loved her own personal space and if you invaded it, you would sure hear about it.

Too bad that wasn't a two way street for her. The brash, rash Mari reached out to Moartea, allowing a two fingers to lightly caress the scar, tracing it down his chest to his rib cage. "That's the strangest scar I've ever seen." 

Moartea didn't jump back, or stop her, he just looked at her and his smile faded away, "Aye, I would like to tell thou about it, if i remembered how I got it." "It happened before the time I lost my memory, so anything could have caused it, not even Valentina, thine foster mother and wet nurse would tell me how thine got it." "She just bursts into tears when thine brought it up, and it took once to figure it out." He said as he looked down at her, and spoke, "Enjoying thou self there?" He said in a peachy tone of voice, almost childlike and playfulness, as a glimmer came to his eye and he gazed her with his Slate grey eyes. He felt her skin, and it was soft, "Tho... your hands are soft." He said giving her a compliment, and trying to speak a little more modern, as his way of speech was rather nice, but was not necessary at times, like now for instance.

"Really? Don't remember? That's such a bore" Mari mumbled as she drew her hand away from him. Not meaning to sound rude; she simply came off that way. She glanced up at him as he again asked her if she was enjoying herself, his demeanour suddenly perking up. He reached out toward her, his thumb and forfinger grazing the skin of her hands. "mmm...this is definitely a nice change from being hunted or condemned by a certain guild." Mari mused, "So I can't exactly say I am not enjoying myself." 

When Mari said his reason was a bore, he frowned, "That may be true, but tis not my fault, but if I could guess, I looked at that scar many of a time and judged the dimensions." "I would have to say it was from a sword edge, or some sharp clean blade." Moartea said as he then smiled as Mari said she was enjoying herself. "So, Mari, what do you want to do now?" "Shall we go farther out into the water, and explore the undersea world, or something else?" He said as he gave her a slight smile, letting go of her hand and falling back into the water and floated there until he got his answer from Mari, though she may be somewhat different from most other women. Moartea found her to be rather fun and quite interesting, she did keep him on his toes, that's for sure.

Mari shrugged, "It looks like a corner..." She said as she held up her hands to make a shape that lined up with his scar. "To me, its either someone hit you with the corner of something; or they were tryin' to dissect you." She blinked, realizing the gravity of what she had just said. "Of course, I'm no doctor; I'm the last person you should expect to hear anything wise from."

Mari kicked herself up off the sand bar to float on her back, the cool breeze tickling at her wet exposed skin. "Further out hmm? That depends, you're not planning on drowning me, are you Moartea?" Mari asked, a hint of playfulness to her tone.

"Egad, I am a gentleman, I would never do such a thing to a lady like yourself, though you can use me as a raft if you wish." He said the first part in a sarcastic tone of voice as he floated next to Mari, and looked at her from his angle and waited to see what she would do. "Or you can get on my shoulders and i can walk us out as far as my feet can take us, again your choice." He said in a playful tone of voice, as Mari was someone who he felt he could relax around, as he was more open than ever. Mari seemed to bring a smile to his face, something that was rather difficult for anyone to perform, or even attempt in succeeding.

"Oh, but Moartea- the gentleman is the one you need to look out for most." She said in a sing song voice. "Nor do I think riding you out to the middle of the ocean is the most lady-like thing to do." She added, not quite realizing the implications that sentence could have had. Mari glanced at him, he seemed different from the withdrawn silent man she had met on the shoreline. "I'm not sure how I'd climb up onto your shoulders." She mused, glancing back toward the night sky. "You're much taller than I, and we are both wet; wouldn't it be...slippery?"

Moartea pulled himself up and walked over to Mari, "Need not worry, I will have you." Saying as he took her hand and tugged on it slightly, and he bent downward, and placed his hands outward, ready to use them to give Mari support. "I do not mind the condition, but as long as your happy, then so shall I." His last wording seemed rather off to him, as he didn't know why he said that, but whether Mari climbed on or not, he wouldn't take no for an answer now. As his stubbornness was now active, and he was being rather persuasive now, and was looking at Mari over his shoulder, "Trust me, it will be fun, just hop on, and I can take you out, you may like the scenery from upon my shoulders." His words warm and calm, as he have off true wording, and vibes of truth. 

Mari gave a sheepish grin, "Oh- you will have me?" She asked teasingly, "Maybe that's why I should be worried. Hmm?"
Moartea - now extruding much more confidence than earlier had reached out to her, at this stage Mari stopped floating and up righted herself - tip-toes on the sandbar. Was the water higher now than what it was before?  Mari tilted her head to the side, slightly confused at his last words - the two didn't know each other all too well, and yet he was exchanging such familiarities with her.

Mari chewed her lip, it did seem like an enticing offer; but she wasn't exactly one to so easily trust or open up to someone else. "Hmm- Moartea, I'm not too sure about that~" She mused as she broached the gap between them - placing a finger between his shoulder blades on his back. "How do I know you're even strong enough to carry me?"

Moartea cringed when Mari touched his shoulder blades and he listened to her words, and responded "I do not know until I try, going into the unknown is one of life's greatest challenge, even if it is a test of strength." "You don't trust my judgement?" He said to her still waiting for her to make up her mind, though he didn't mind it, he was getting anxious, the wait was rather heart wrenching. He looked ahead and said one thing, "If you want I can just pick up up and place you on my shoulder, or i can carry you in my arms." "Lets hope you know whats going to happen hehe."  He gave a little devilish grin and sny laugh, as he was being abit more mischievous and mysterious than before, not giving off a certain outcome, just little hints of things that may or may not happen.

Mari pulled her finger away, noticing the man flinch at the slightest of touches from her. "Eh? If you flinch at such a small thing, I can't imagine what having my body against your back or over your shoulders would do." Mari mused, "You don't have to force yourself to do frivolous things; it doesn't exactly appear to be in your nature." Mari commented thoughtfully, as she had watched him change from a poised reserved man to a more open, and confident fellow. 

She gave a wry grin, wetting her hands to slick her hair back out from her face. "Oh how can I trust your judgement, when you're hanging out with me - haven't you heard? I'm bad news."

Then, Moartea took another slight personality change; as his tone turned from playful to devious- and was that a tad flirtatious? Mari wasn't sure. She clasped onto his arm in an attempt to pull herself off the sandbar. She immediately had to start treading water. 

"Let's hope I know? Honestly...you're an oddball. I haven't the slightest clue what you are mulling about in that Romanian brain of yours."

Moartea, when Mari grabbed his arm and went into the water and sighed, "The only reason I jumped was I didn't expect you to touch my back, a touch from you wouldn't do anything to me in a negative way." "So very well if you say so, I won't "force" myself to do anything, and from what you said before, lets keep it like that, I would like to not let people know what I am about to do next." "Wheres the fun if you can guess what will happen next with a person" Moartea said as he stood up and stepped off the sand bar, and grabbed Mari's hand to keep her up, as he could see she was treading water, unlike him. As he remembered her calling him a "oddball", "Oh really, I'm a oddball, how so then?" He said in a child like tone of voice, curious to hear Mari's answer to his question.

Mari, shook her head, "Oh dear, I was just teasing Moartea- don't turn all melodramatic on me now. eh?" Mari had to agree with his words, it was no fun knowing everything about someone, or what was going to happen next, as long as she was going to live to the next day. Mari couldn't really care a less about what could happen. This time when Moartea extended his hand, she accepted it so she was able to keep afloat a little easier; Mari could swim, but she wasn't the best. "You're an oddball because-" She paused as her head bobbed under the water then back up again. "Because your personality seems to have gotten a lot more lax. I'm not sure what to expect from you."

Moartea smiled when Mari said he was unpredictable now, when he saw her go under, and come back up he tilted his head. "Are you sure you don't want up, your going to keep doing that if you are not careful." He said tugging on her arm, and was going to pull her up, when he slipped and fell backwards himself, Now he too was under the water and he saw Mari next to him treading water more than before, as he crawled on his belly he rose up from under the water pulling Mari up with him, now her legs resting on each of his shoulders. He looked up, "See I told you that would happen, clumsy me, I too fell under, so Mari... how's the view from up there?" He said in a I had this planned tone of voice.

"I'm fine; I am just not the most adept swimmer." Mari admitted, yet as she said that she watched Moartea fall under; it was a few moments till she felt him grip her legs and push himself up between them. She flailed a bit before clutching onto his shoulders. "Jeezus Christ Moartea." Mari exclaimed, a mix between shock and anger in her voice. 

"I seriously doubt that was an accident. Especially with those words." Mari spoke in a chastising tone, as though he was telling him off. She shifted her hands to rest on his head, allowing her fingers to comb through his dark hair. "It's not too different really. I see more sea now; whoop dee doo?" 

Moartea didn't care if she was a little ticked, he just kept his hands holding on Mari's shins, keeping her steady on his shoulders, "Well my apologies, thought you would like the view, plus also look at the bright side, you won't go under like you've been doing before hand." He said the first half in a disappointed tone of voice, as his plan backfired and he felt bad, for himself thinking she wouldn't react like this. As he kept walking more into the water and saw something near the shoreline, a cave, or some sort of opening in the rock face. He turned his head up to Mari and gave her a nonchalant look and stopped, "Shall we explore the cave, if that is one?"  He asked in a more curious tone of voice.

Mari continued to absently thread her fingers through his hair, he hadn't mentioned his dislike of it as of yet so she continued to do so. "So you should apologize." She huffed, "But you're right; I wouldn't stay afloat too well." She admitted more quietly. Mari paused, no longer weaving her fingers through his hair, rather she placed her hands on his head and leant on it. 

"A cave? Sounds fun~" She mused, it would be good to get out of the water; the wind was begining to get nippy; and Moartea, despite his good intentions seemed to be at some sort of an odd ends with himself.

Moartea nodded in agreement, as he began his walk towards the cavern, as he found a few rock, as he navigated his way through them and found the entrance. He took his hands and placed them on Mari's thighs, he pulled her off and held her in his arms, one arm under her legs, and the other wrapped around her back as he entered the cave. He looked down at Mari and smiled, "This way, you don't have to worry about walking, I can do that for you, just relax and enjoy the fun of exploring this cave with me Mari." He said in a rather confident tone of voice, as it echoed through the walls, as the entrance, delved into a curvy twist. And he entered a large room, there was large stalagmites and stalactites with some glowing effect to them, the room was rather dim, but the glowing mites and tites seemed to give a other worldly glow and light to the room. "Amazing, never thought that this would be here." Moartea said in a rather dumbfounded tone of voice, as he was surprised himself at what he was seeing.