Switching Equipment in Combat?

Combat Equipment Switching  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should we able to switch during combat?

• Yay!
    • Nay!
    • Not sure yet...

Alright, I had an idea inspired from canon.

Now we all know (at least if you've read the rules) that you can only have three stat boosting equipment equipped. Any more and the extra armour/gear simply doesn't provide you a bonus, so is useless. In this case we'll say like I do, my Dragon Spear, Lucky Pendant of Suspected Cheating and my Sleeves of the Iron Lords. If I equipped an armour chestpiece, that armour would give me no bonus.

Now it is reasonable enough to say you can switch what you have equipped during a non-combat phase in an RP. I suggest listing what is equipped in your signature as most do. If this idea also becomes a thing, it may be a requirement to post in RP's what at the time is equipped.

The idea came to me when Kirito changes to equip a second sword when fighting a boss. He had to spend time to change to equip it though the SAO menu, during which time he was defended.

My suggestion is that in either 1 or 2 combat turns (during which you cant attack or whatnot), we can change equipment in combat, say you find that a different weapon is more suitable or armour.

Keep in mind that loot rolls in the same turn you beat an enemy, so you cant just switch to loot roll equipment between killing an opponent and rolling for loot/chests.

Thoughts? Seems trivial, but wanted to know.

I'm go for it. The duration for the change depends on how many equipment you change. Let's say if you want to change your weapon and your armor,that would take 2 turn. Of course this can only be done in party I think,you need to focus on changing equipment and you can't do so if you are getting attacked by the mobs.

^You need someone who will pull the aggro from you

Which is why this thing can only be done in party. If a member in that party have skill that can increase their hate towards him/her,it will make changing equip in battle a whole lot easier. That or you can jump forward and shield them from being attack. The RP style.

Of course,like Tristan say, if you manage to paralyze the mob, not only you but the whole party member can change equipment too. Also,if you manage to stun dem mobs in solo battle,you can switch your equip too.

I rather use the stun time to inflict more damage though. Just saying.