[SP-F1](!)Earning a Living (Complete)

In the Town of Beginnings there was a young boy wearing black plain clothes(black normal shoes, black cotton pants and an armless vest which was closed. As for his general appereance, he had a slim and tall build, his arms that were put behind his head being no different, but the muscles on his arms were well defined. He had a brown and messy hair which were resonating with his cold, brown eyes that were aimed at the sky. While he was walking in this position trough the city he was thinking *What should I do...well it is true that I need to get out there and fight to gain level but how long will this crappy gear take me? The money I make from the quest are not even close to decent. I need a way to get money and good gear...Well the only option I see right now is to take a profession, but which one should I choose? The three best one are Blacksmith, Tailor and Artisan because they give you the best things...good items and money. Alchemy doesn't sound bad either.* And this was his morning in the city, undecisive, he tries to find the best profession which will suit him just fine.

Though from the exterior he looks like a carefree, good for nothing guy which walks trough the city, a freeloader, a lazy person and....we will stop here so that the mob doesn't gather to chase him out. Altough he looks like all these from the outside, inside he is like a philosopher with existential problems about life and universe...that is how hard it is for him to decide on what to choose. Now he was just simply thinking about the pros and cons of each proffesion *Well let's see...Blacksmith...you get to work with metal, hammer things, and make lots of awesome armor and weapons....downside...I'm not the heavy-tanky type so it doesn't suit me. Artisan...you get to make accessories with mystical attributes and shiny things....but then I will look like a Xerxes full of holes, so pass on this one too. Alchemy....you get to do many potions which gives you different stats, resotre health and so on....but then they would start to make me do love potions or potions with nasty effects and because of that lady karma will come back at me...As for tailoring...i don't know what to say about it which means it's the best profession so far...*

After snapping out of it, Ranganok suddenly finds himself in front of a tailoring shop...what a coincidence! Well not really...this was his plan from the very beggining, he decided this from the start....Regardless of his sarcastic/trolling thoughts he decided to go for tailoring because of his style...strike fast and strong....he was going to become a strong dps with fast movements meaning that his best bet for armor was leather or cloth. He thought about blacksmithing a bit for it could have helped him to make good weapons, but his armor seemed much more important because there were more pieces needed. He decided to go into the shop so that he can start his profession training. Inside it was pretty simple decorated, shelves with merchandinse of helmets, leatehr armors, cloaks, cloth armors. The shop was made out of wood and at the desk there was this NPC looking like a Manly Man(wearing a white T-shirt and a dark blue apron, buffed up with well defined muscles, having a strange hairstyle and also wearing rectangular glasses).

Something like this

: 2-6187.jpg

As the NPC noticed Ranganok put up a seller's smile on his face and started talking "Well hello dear customer. Welcome to my tailoring shop. I must say that we have many quality item such as leather armor sets, cloth armor sets, dresses and costumes of the finest quality. (Takes a black clothing set consisting in a elegant black shirt, black costume pants with some shiny black shoes and a black elegant jacket) This is one of my finest creations...a costume of such quality that it needs it's own name, and that is...the "lady killer" quality. Or maybe you have come here for combat gear...here(And he gets a bandit like cloth set) this is from a very flexible and durable amterial which would give you flexibility and speed as you never seen before. So, young client...what suits your tastes better?" And the NPC was now waiting for the boy to respond to this merchant-like assault.

Ranganok was left speechless in a somehow awkward situation because he wasn't used to be assaulted by people without them wanting to hurt him. He wasn't a "popular", tough he had some superficial friends he was in the end alone so he's not much of a sociable person. And with this "how the hell am I supposed to react" mood he replies "I...didn't come here to buy anything.(and then turning his dead serious mode on, he continues) I came here to become a tailor so please teach me." and then he easily bowed his head down as a form of respect tough the owner of the shop was an NPC.

"So you are here to become a tailor? Then come with me in the back room." said the shopkeeper while he openned a wooden door leading to a room in the back. Ranganok started following the old manly man into the next room and what he saw surprized him a bit. The room was full of torture devices, torture tables and other nasty instruments. "Where the hell did I arrive?This is how the back of a tailoring shop is supposed to look?" these questions were popping in the boy's mind. And then he is intrerrupted by the shopkeeper "What are you doing? Come with me." going trough another door. Ranganok couldn't think of what things could be in the next room so with a prepared mind he tries to go to the other room preparing to see the most horifying things that could exist.

After entering the new room he became confused...It looked liek a normal tailor workshop with tailoring devices...*What's going on here?* thought the boy. Then the shopkeeper started the instructing "Let's start your training. First you need to learn about materials...here we work with two types of materials: cloth and leather...cloth you get it by weaving cotton and flax which you find in nature as plants while wool you get from sheep critters or sheep-like monsters. Leather you get from monsters after defeating them you get as material loot. From here on...the wool,cotton and falx must be transformed into lined cloth by using this liquid and then textile, the primary material you will use for crafting cloth armor. This is done by this weaving mill. As for leather you can already use it as primary material and the only thing is to shape it the way you need by cutting it and sewing it. This is the basics about the cloth and leather materials."

Ranganok was paying attention to the old manly NPC as he started to explain the basics of tailoring until they finally reached the pratice point. "Ok. Let's try to turn this raw cotton into lined cloth and then into textile. To create lined cloth you just need to make cotton balls and they will turn into lined cloth balls." said the shopkeeper pointing towards a mound of raw cotton. The boy then immediately goes there, take a piece of cotton and tries to shape it into a ball...then a blue-ish light appears transforming the coton ball into a lined tread ball. He then makes two more lined tread balls to prepare for the next stage. "Good. Now try and use those to make a textile roll" The boy goes to a weaving mill there, takes the line from a lined cloth ball and inserts it into the weaving mill. As before, a blue light makes the lined cloth dissapear and appear instantly on the weaving mill. The same was done with the other two. He then starts to spin the handle making the mill spin too and creating a white textile roll in the process.

The shopkeeper looked at the textile nodding in approval and continued to give instruction "Good, good. Now let's try to do your first creation. You will need scissors, a needle, and the fabric. You will make a plain white dress out of this so listen: first you will cut the fabric to fit the size of the dress, then sew it togheder to make a dress, cut a few slim pieces like ribbons from that to make them braces and taht is all." Said and done. Ranganok rolled the piece of fabrci to the desired lenght, took the scissors and with a single cut the piece was cut perfectly(being aided by the proffesion program). He cut two piece from there, one longer and one a bit shorter. Then each one of the sides of the cloth pieces were joined making circle and by putting the neddle trough it once he sawed them togheder. Then sawed the smaller circular piece above the bigger one turning it into an one piece dress. Now all that remained were the bracers. He cut two slim ribbons from the fabric and with the needle sewed each end of the ribbon to each side of the dress. After all this, the boy put the dress on a manequin and a notification appeared on his HUD...it was saying "Have you finished your product?" and he had two buttons one whi yes and one with no. He pushed the yes button leaving window to load the dress as a finished crafted item.

The dress came as failed item. It wasn't even wearable. The shopkeeper looks at the dress, looks at Ranganok with dissapointed eyes and says "Well it's your first time so i won;t expect you to succed. I think you got the basics...now let's try to do something from leather...I would say taht some leather gloves are perfect. Listen carefully...You will have to take a big piece of thin leather and draw on it the gloves dissassembled. After that you will have to pad the inside with cloth so it won't cause discomfort when wore.  After that you will have to sew the pieces in place like a puzzle to create the gloves and voila...it's done. Understood?" 

Crafting roll: 4 (fail)

Ranganok nodded his head and started to do his work. He took a big piece of thin leather and a skinning knife. He scratched the leather full of fur with the knife's blade and suddenly the fur dissapeared. Now he was to draw the pieces. He drawed the glove body(the upper part and the lower part separately), the same doing for the fingers.  After drawing the piecer he needs to crop them so he took a sharp scissor, touched the drawings with it and they suddenly became cropped. Now he had to pad them on the inside so he turned them backside, took a roll of brown textile and cut it in the shape of the cropped pieces. Now the question is...how was he gonna stick the cloth to the leather inside? He turns his head towards the shopkeeper hoping that he would give him a solution.

The shopkeeper noticed Ranganok, raised his hadn and a white bottle with a brush appeared. He put them on the table and said "Here. This is padding glue...you ut it on the leather then the cloth and it will remain sticked to it. Simple, right?". The boy oppened the white bottle full of glue, put the brush in it then by touching the inside part of the leather the entire region became white. After this he put the cloth on it and it perfectly sticked. The boy was pretty amazed that something like this worked...*I gues the saying, Glue fixes everything is true* thought the boy. After this he put the two main body pieces one on another and with a needle he went once trough each side completely sewing it. The same technique he applied on the finger parts. All that remaine now was to asmble them.

Ranganok carefully put each finger in their designated place and sewed them over completing the first glove. 7 other minutes elapsed while the boy did the same thing to the other glove.  Finally both gloves were finished and all that remained was to complete the crafting sequence. So, Michael oppened his HUD and the window about finishing his crafting appeared again. Of course that he pressed the yes button and as he was waiting to load the final product he was hoping that this time a good quality item was made.

~Rolling for crafting gloves~

He finally did it. He managed to create an uncommon item...the brown gloves were looking pretty good and thei name would pop up as *Insert awesome name here*. The shopkeeper was quite impressed by the end product of this crafting so he started congratulating Ranganok with a manly shouting like voice "Well done my student! I see that you finally started to awaken the spirit of the tailorer! Now that you are ready I will make you create a special crafted armor. I wil give you the exact recipe and you must strictly follow it. Let's see how it turn out." After that, the manly shopkeeper gives Ranganok a piece of paper with some instruction written on it. The boy looks a bit confused at it for not understanding why to do things like that when the manly man told him to shut up and just follow those instruction. 

crafting roll: 10(uncommon item made)

"I might as well do as the old man NPC says. After all I am the student here." thought Ranganok aloud. The boy carefully read the instructiona nd starts gathering the materials. First he takes some black textile then some black leatehr which he cleanes it by using the skinning knife. He also takes a polishing lotion bottle which make the leather armor shiny to a degree. After gathering all the materials, he starts cutting of the fabrig and cutting some models into the leather. From behind he could be seen how hard he works for this mysterious so-called masterpiece which his master gave instructions to make. In 17 minutes he managed to finish it and put it to be completed as a crafted item. The shopkeeper comes and looks at the armor in astonishment saying "I-iiii...ncredible! Such fine work that rivals the masters of creation themselves! This fine cutted and polsihed item....it's the ultimate leather armor! Good job my student(tears falling down his face)...You became so good that I have nothing more to teach you!" 

Ranganok looks at his creation with an awkward face thinking *What the hell is this? Is this how all good quality armors shoul look like? What is so special about this strange thing...* and as the takes the armor in his hands holding it up it is revealed that is a...  Woman's armor made full of cloth straps, having at the breast region two leather pad thingies and at the bottom having leather bikini. Very nice and protective feminine armor of superior quality which is unrivalled. It's brilliance is trully astonishing. And so with those positive feelings of acomplishment the boy Ranganok speaks up his apreciation of this divine-like work of art "What the hell is this you old perv? Don't make me create objects for you sick fetishes! These being said, Michael waits for the shopkeeper to respond.

The Shopkeeper looks confused and answers "I think it's a very good armor. And you can also keep it to give it to your slav...ermmm...I mean female friends." where Ranganok without hestitantiona and strongly replies back "I refuse! From now on I will choose my own designs." That being said, the manly perv yields and tells the boy "Very well. If you don't like that one I guess I should show you my masterful creationa dn we could do an exchange" and then goes towards a closet to open it. The boy immediately reacts stopping the tailor and telling him that he is not interested in any of this kind of merchandise and that he could keep his creation. The things finally calmed down and they can return to proper and useful training that will not make him the enemy of women...

The shopkeeper goes to a wooden crate and takes out a tattered cloak which he brings it to Ranganok. " Here...A tailor must be also capable of repairing used gear. repair this tattered cloak by using the sewing machine there." said the manly man with a serious face and tone pointing towards a sewing machine. The boy takes the cloack and goes over where the NPC pointed, he positions the cloak under the sewing maching with the needle above the edge of a hole in the item. After that he turns on the sewing maching and slowly moves the cloak towards the opposite end of the hole. The sewing machine and the cloack was movbing sewed the hole so well that it looked like it was never there. He repeats this process for all the other holes and on the ragged sides of the cloak. It was like the sewing machime was regenerating the cloak and in a mere 5 minutes the claock was like new. Now, Ranganok was waiting for the shopkeeper to give in his next instructions so that he can finish this quest already.

The manly man looks at the cloakc and asks the boy with a serious tone "How was it? That is when the boy realised what the NPC was doing...all those fetish armors were very hard to create and it was developing his skills much faster than making normal armor. After leaving a smile thinking about all this he looks at the man and says "Very well...teach me everything." The manly man smiles and so they continue their ong training, Ranganok repairing and making all sorts of armors and accessories and after 3 hour he finally finishes his training as a tailor.

The shopkeeper looks at Ranganok having a mighty posture and starts talking with a feeling of acomplishment "Congratulation! You are now a full fledged tailor. May you create many special feminine armors and have many customers that would wear them. You can now start a shop and craft your own items from the materials that you gather trough different ways. I ahve nothing more to teach you...You are the only one now that can improve your skills. Go my student and become a master Tailor!" The boy, after hearing the speech bows to the NPC in form of respect thanking him for his teachings, says his goodbies and leaves the shop fufilled, now that he has a proffesion which could help him greatly to his upcomming journeys. The night falls as Ranganok seems to dissapear in trough thhe buildings in the night...

~End of Quest~