PP-F2: The Best of the Best: Joining the Crimson Inquisition (Life)

Uriel had wandered onto the plains of the second floor; skipping the first floor entirely. He didn't need to be with those people who were screaming and sad, he thought those people were beneath him. So they were trapped in a game? No use crying about it. The only thing you could do was get stronger, get strong and powerful. Make amends with the strong and powerful. Make alliances. 

Uriel planned to find and join the strongest Guild. The strongest team. He planned on becoming as powerful as a front runner, he wanted to be revvered. Be respected. 

He walked in the field, brown eyes looking for something to fight. He needed to get stronger, so he had to find mobs to fight.

"Oh what a day to be alive."

L walked back trough the rocky mountains region of the first floor looking for some special materials he could get for his guild. There where many things on his mind but he felt as though there where things he couldn't handle on his own and he had to live with that. Since joining the crimson inquisition things had only become rockier, but he didn't mind, he was co-second in command for the largest and most powerful guild in Aincrad. He seemed to spot a lone player off in the distance, he started to walk over to him to get a better look. He was only level one, it wasn't very often you found level ones leaving the city of beginnings, this boy was either brave or insane.  "You there! Are you lost?" He sauntered over the boy Since coming to SAO he had changed a considerable amount. He wore a black and red light metal leather coat with the fur of an Alpha wolf blacker than night and a wooden pendant that glowed with the ever green heart of the forest. Though there was no blood to be found, he reeked of it, casting the impression of a cold dead killer. However this was nothing more than an image, an illusion used to strike fear into his enemies, anyone who joined the crimson inquisition soon found themselves the same as he. It wasn't a boast of power but more of an aura of wisdom and experience. The crimson inquisitions co-second in command and ultimate strategist, Reddo-Ippan(Raoul of the south) Life.

Uriel brushed his dark brown hair back, looking up at a player who had asked if he lost. Uriel gave a smile. "Lost? No, no I'm not lost. Not at all." He spread out his arms gesturing around him. "Look at this  great big wide world. I'm just out enjoying it. Looking for a beastie or two to kill. The best way to gain levels and power is to fight, and fight hard. I don't have time to waste on the first floor."

Uriel looked at the guy he wore mostly black and had black hair. The two dressed alike and looked a little similar. "Look at you, all fancy and smelling of blood, isn't that exciting!" 

Uriel clapped his hands together, "So tell me, why is someone, clearly as strong as yourself; meandering around the lower floors hmm? A Pker? A Teacher? Everyone has a story, what is yours?"

L stood for a moment put off by his response, he sighed and thought hard for a moment "Well currently there are only 9 floors that have been unlocked, you get bored and wonder around, that kind of thing, there are also other stuff you can find on lower floors that you can't on higher floors. The question shouldn't be why, but why not" It was a half assed response, not really the reason he was down there but still true. He crossed his arms and examined the boy, he also had a similar dark aura, one to weary of, even if he was a level 1.  "Well, now that i think about it and Im being completely honest Im also looking for recruits, but then again my guild is always looking for recruits. After all we're the biggest guild for a reason, got to keep that status don't you think?" His rested expression held cold red eyes that seemed to bare no life and a faint frown, they only really came alive when he was in battle. "As for my story.. that will have to wait"

Uriel gave a low laugh, "bored- oh yes. YES! I can see how one would succumb to boredom easily here. So far most the people I've met are so, so ..."  He waved his arm around, pretending to try and think of a word; but he knew exactly how to describe everyone. "Tiresomely  ignorant." He shrugged. Uriel grinned when Life mentioned a guild.

"Guild huh?" He scratched his chin, "Why yes - power in numbers. And you say you are the biggest." That could be used to his advantage. "Sure why not." Uriel stuck out his hand to make a deal. "Name's Uriel."

L grabbed his hand firmly, he didn't smile though, he almost never smiled. "The name is Life, but you can call me L I'm co-second in command for the crimson inquisition. We don't really expect much, just make a name for yourself and you can keep your position with us. Many people don't know what they're doing and most of them have already died or are about to" He didn't really care about his guild, he didn't really intend on stay in a guild for too long either and he had all but surpassed the guilds strength all too long ago, in fact his fighting power was many above his level. "I'll put in a word for you, Argumail will have the final say but i doubt he'll object to anyone i bring in" He looked around the area for enemies "Hmm, maybe i should get a good feel for you fighting style first"He walked over to a hill and got a good scan of the area, he never really spent much time on floor two. 

The man gave a nod of his head as the other introduced himself as Life, or L. Uriel gave a sly grin as he made a cruel joke, "So you're the one I'd have to kill to raise the ranks?" He asked. He laughed again at the expression Life gave him, Uriel gave the other man a slap on the back. "Take a joke why don't you?"

Uriel shrugged as he started walking alongside Life. "You're the biggest guild right? You don't become the biggest guild by being selective about who you bring in. Only flaw I see is that you loose quality. Quality over Quantity I say." Uriel gave a whistle, "Then again its good keeping the riff raff around. So fighting style; off to hunt beasties then?"

He nodded slowly "I think i'll have you kill some wolfs, seem ok? Good." He didn't give him room for an answer and made his way into the forest. He bent over and looked to the floor and noticed the broken branches and paw prints "Should be close" He stood back up and headed deeper into the forest almost disappearing due to the nature of his nightmare cloak, it was like the long thai machete on his back was floating on its own. He jumped up into a tree and looked back at the boy quietly pointing over to two wolfs helping themselves to a large dead bird. He nodded at him giving him the signal to kill. 'Lets see what you got, boy' he thought to himself. 

Uriel chucked, equipping his Rapier, casually balancing the pointed blade on the palm of his hand. He sounded almost giddy when Life said they'd go and kill some wolves; Uriel laughed. "Oh boy! Yes! That sounds simply divine! Careful now, I'd hate to slip and fall and hurt you by accident!" Uriel joked. Amused by the morbid subject of the joke matter.

Uriel followed Lie as he tracked the wolves. "So, Lifey. Know any ladies?" Uriel asked, "I'd love for you to introduce me." Before life could answer he jumped up into the tree; "Oh, you're like a monkey!" He joked, before turning his attention to the two wolves.

"Righteo chap! Let's go!"

Uriel threw his rapier up into the air and caught it, kicking up off the ground and charging for the first wolf; driving the blade into the side of the wolf. Dragging it across its torso. "HAH!"

• Rolled a 10 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • +2 Damage

​Uriel managed to land a critical hit straight off the bat. What luck. "Not bad eh Lifey?"

((10's give a +2 damage))

L smirked, not much you should expect from a level 1. His power was nice but lacked grace "Not bad" He still had his expressionless face. He dropped down bringing his blade mercilessly onto the unsuspecting wolf crunching its spine downwards as it yelped in pain effectively one shotting it. "Oh, and i know quit a few" He rested his machete on his should and looked back at him

~Life: 17/17

~Uriel: 7/7

~Wolf: 4/7

~Wolf: 0/7

ID: 718