[OP-F1] The Sarcastic Ones

Another day, I thought as I moped around the first floor. "Kill me. Right now, just put a blade over my neck and bring it down." Bored is mild compared to what I felt. There was so little to do I kinda did wish to drop dead right there. "What is there to do!? In this place, the boredom will kill me faster than any PKer or monster could!" Complaining about the lack of anything, I sat down on a bench and looked at the people passing bye.

"I would think more people would die of fright, not boredom. He must not be scared easily." Russell thought to himself. He had noticed the boy who was complaining about boredom. Sitting quietly at the tree, he looked at the various players walking together and all the conversation that were being had. "If I had known otherwise, this would be hard to tell from the real world. Except for the gear and swords everyone is caring around." Sighing, he looked at the ground, as if the floor was more interesting than anything else going on.

"You know," Lessa piped up from behind the complaining young man. She stood there, her arms crossed tightly across her chest, blonde hair thrown loosely over her shoulder. The woman was outfitted in all of her gear, as she had only just returned from a material gathering mission. "If you're so bored, you might try leaving the city. It gets a whole lot more exciting outside of the safe zone." Her words were innocent enough, but her tone held slight traces of disapproval. He's a new player, she reminded herself. He doesn't know better. But it still turned her stomach to watch him complain while her friends were risking their lives to save his his.

"She's right you know." MacGrath said to the new player, "Why just sit here being in the safe zone when there is things out there waiting for someone to get them done, try doing some quests or kill things to get stronger or something like that." He said to him, MacGrath doesn't know if what he said was harsh or not, but what said is said. "Not trying to be mean or anything like that, but you have to do something else other than complaining. " He concluded.

As soon as he heard talking, Russell turned his head towards the speakers and saw the boy who was complaining being spoken to by a boy and a girl. Leaning over to hear what they were saying, his mind began wander. "There are lots of things to be done, but I don't think I should go out at the moment. I heard a lot of rumors about PKing guilds killing unsuspecting players." he pondered.

"I didn't ask for opinion nor did I ask about a lecture. Anyway, it doesn't matter since I do this all the time knowing that I have so many other things to do. I'm weird like that." I replied, to the players who spoke to me. I sighed, discontent with having to explain myself to the players. It was annoying and a waste of my time.

"Suit yourself," Lessa shot back, giving a small shrug and turning her back on him. She did her best to avoid confrontation, and she knew that if she continued to converse with the loud-mouth newcomer, she may just be tempted. Sure, he could not take damage in the safe zone. But it would still feel mighty good to give him a solid smack across the cheek.

Instead, she approached the player who had also address the player named Cody. This player was a bit higher level, but she could not remember interacting with him before. She offered him a small smile, and said, "thank you for the backup. I'm Lessa." She extended a hand. "You seem to know what you're doing here."

Still watching the two, Russell decided to get up from the tree nearby them. "Wait a minute, don't I know him? I think I do.. Best if I didn't make them aware of me." He got up from the floor, but collapses immediately from sitting and not using his legs for so long. "OWW!" Instantly, he gets back up, not wanting to attract more attention. "Dang it, they heard me and probably saw me." Russell immediately ran into a nearby alley to hide from the two players.

The young woman nodded. She had heard it too, though she was unsure of who it was or where it came from. "Not sure what it was," she admitted, scratching her head and turning to follow the source of the sound. "Oh well," Lessa said finally, giving a small shrug and turning back to McGrath. "If whoever it is wants to come out, we will let them wait until they're ready. So long as they did not pickpocket us or something, we have no need to be worried. We're in a safe zone, after all."

"Its kind of you to help out lower level players," she continued, in response to his previous statement. Then, she glanced up and noticed his guild symbol. "Oh," she breathed out, clearly disappointed. Realizing he was probably confused by her actions, she figured she would explain. "I was about to ask if you were interested in my guild. We specialize in helping out newcomers, and preparing them for the more difficult elements of the game. But I see the Inquisition got to you first."

I was irritated at the moment, so when I saw a shadowy figure fall and then run, I got up to chase it, angry for it irritating me even more for some reason. "Come back here, you're not allowed to run just yet!" Grabbing what seemed to be a boy, I dragged him out of the alley by his arm. "Nobody runs out on my watch, so tell me why were you spying on us, especially me?"

"Nobody runs out on my watch, so tell me why were you spying on us, especially me?" Russell froze, unable to move. "I w-wasn't spying on anyone, I w-was just sitting and er... over there and I um..." He looked down, at this point everything he was saying was too soft to be audible. "That's why y-you thought I was spying on you." Looking back up, he watched the three and hoped that he was able to run fast enough to lose them.

"Hold on, now," Lessa called out, reaching a hand toward the other player. "You don't have to run. We aren't going to hurt you." She shot the player named Cody a cold look, annoyed by his bad attitude. There was absolutely no reason to harass another player this way. And besides, what evidence did he have to support this absurd claim? He was spying?

"Why don't you come back here and talk to us?" She asked him, gently.

"Talk about what? Did they not just hear me? Maybe I spoke too softly.. That's probably it. Let's see here, what's a good distraction? Oh yeah, the old hey look there's a duel happening over there." Looking behind them, he shouted out "There's a duel going on over there, look!" Using the distraction as a cover, Russell dashed away, not caring if they looked back at the fake distraction.