F4 PP [Cerulean Silence] 'Forming a Guild' [COMPLETE]

Mari tapped her finger, it seemed that the last guild member was still running slightly late.
“Alright, since most members are here; I’m going to start. A guild needs to be balanced. Equal. I don’t know many of you very well, so I am unsure if any of you have professions.” She paused, ensuring that they were all listening. “I am a Performer myself. Orhalimi is a Merchant. Our guild would profit from having at least one of each profession, so what we still need is a Blacksmith, a Tailor, an Artisan, a Cook and a Fisherman. Of course, we can have more than one of a profession. If you have yet to gain one, I would like you to consider one which the guild does not yet contain. Naturally, the decision lies with you.”

Mari paused, finishing her hot chocolate; and ordering another from the staff at the Tavern.

-5 Col

She wanted to wait, to allow the information to sink into their heads, to allow each of her guild members to discuss what their professions are, and what their desired skill sets would be.  “If you all can state your profession so I can update it on the Guild Roster that would be splendid. If you have yet to get one, we can discuss how to aid you in your quest to achieve one. Don’t be a lazy ass and not have one at all, that’s useless.” Mari mused, as she glanced to her hair, absently twirling it around her finger. She may not be the most versed person around, but she got her point across; however blunt it would be.

“I also want to discuss the guild Emblem, our colors are cerulean and white. None of that typical red and  black bullsh*t.”

Mari sighed, arching her back as she stretched.

“Once we have that discussion I will move onto different denominations I would like to have in the guild; primarially the Military force…” Mari paused, glancing at Terrence. “Who will be proficient in fighting, and the Passive; those who would rather not fight, but will be able to aid both themselves and their militant counterparts, but I’d rather wait for all members to be present.”

Mari wanted to mention her invitation to the 9th Floor to discuss the future battle of the Hydra boss; but too much information presented at once would be counter intuitive, she would mention it soon. Today. Once all members were present.  

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowan enter to the tavern, lowered his hood and shut the door firmly. That freaking teleporter Still made him dizzy, god he hate these things.

His white hood was covered with snow and his face was stile sullen.

He walk to the bar and greet someone, they talk shortly and exchange coins along with some papers and items. Then he apologize that he didn't had more time for him, he know how it is. Then they said goodbye to each other and Rowan left him and scanned the bar again.

He spot the small group around one of the tables, he recognized the two boys from the store and the pink girl. He walk toward them and his face lit up, "Sorry for being late" He smile and sat in his place. Then he took his cup and finish it in one gulp "Did I miss something?"

{There is Alchemist to. I'm not sure we got fisherman yet}

"A blacksmith huh? Maybe if craft the weapon I need, maybe this can turn out to be good." MacGrath thought. He rasied his hand. "I'll like to be a black smith, unless someone has that profession, but I'll like to be a blacksmith." MacGrath said, he started thinking if someone does have the blacksmith profession, he'll need a back up plan.

"Yo Rowan. We started without you earlier so you miss a lot,yeah. Well we're discussing about profession,guild emblem and military aspect. Oh and introduce yourself since we all have more or less did one."

"Well then,back to the discussion. Profession,I am a blacksmith but if someone else want to become one then I don't mind. That will be up to the player and our leader here. The guild emblem, I don't have problem with the design or the color. Finally military aspect, I'm going to be the front liner or the fighting one. I'm not a passive type...." Yuji drink his hot chocolate after giving his opinion.

"Alright,I've said my piece." 

Rowan sat quietly, his hand was on his chin and he look thoughtful.

So they already start to define themselves by other guilds? Or maybe think too far? He wasn't sure. He order another cup and continue listen to everyone opinion, trying to figure out what they are talking about. 

It's seems like he came at the right time.

Jun was sort of phasing out of the whole conversation until he heard professions, he decided to speak up, "Actually, I am a blacksmith, I just picked up the skill recently so I'm a bit of a novice, but anyway I can benefit the guild is a good one." Jun wanted to secure his position as one of the blacksmiths, he didn't mind having another doing the same thing as him but it would be a bit of a competition for him. The conversation moved onto a more serious note, military aspects of the guild. "Well, I am laid back most of the time, but from the fighting that I have done in game so far I guess I can count myself as a fighter, I like to be up at the front lines kicking ass. I don't think at all of our current levels however that we would be fighting up with the other guilds on the front lines, so I would like to know a little bit of what we'd be doing in the meantime?" Jun wasn't trying to be rude, but he felt as though he may have said it in the wrong way trying to convey his point.

"I am a fighter, most of my battles... well, I won't go into detail, but when not fight, I try to help other people who are new to the game. I'm laid back most of the time so yeah, if I consider myself a fighter, then I'm a fighter." MacGrath said, he was thinking of another profession he could do that will help, "Maybe a tailor?" He thought.

((I was waiting for Terrance to post but it's been long enough for me to skip him))

Orhalimi entered; and Mari gave him a small nod. "Not much, we just began to discuss even distribution of Professions within the guild. Now, Rowan - as a merchant I have a request - can you set your store to give all guild members a permanent 10% discount? It gives our members initiative to use your store; as well as entice others to join the guild." 

Mari noted that both Fallen and Yuji were Blacksmiths, It'd be silly for such a small guild to have any more. "Well MacGrath, I can suggest a Tailor, Artisan or Alchemist would suit...you don't exactly seem like the cooking type."

Mari finished her drink, she felt she didn't need to order another one. "Right, so I guess that's that issue sorted then. Unless there are any objections can we move onto the guild emblem?" 

"Well I need to check some things around, but there should be no problem for most of the items " he already sold everything cheaper then he should, maybe its time upgrade some prices. 

"As for the 'distribution of Professions within the guild'" Rowan repeated her speech. "I don't think we should worry about that stuff right now. We are barley five members, and we need to get full perfect set for all of us. That should be easy, as a merchant I can trade with some materials, any perfect item for another one." He send a quick glance at Mari. She will probably notice, but there is noting she can do about it.

He rise his voice a little, enough to draw their attention "More then that, I can sell every item in uncommon level or more to NPC and give 100% of the profit to the guild. and with +2 charisma items my trades will occur even faster".  

He looked at each one of them, clasped his hands and said "that's mean that except Cooking and Alchemy, everyone else can be blacksmiths and still live in abundance."

Mari's brow twitched, she picked up her now empty cup and slammed it on the table; hard - causing the handle to break off. If any attention was off of her, it would be redirected back to her immediately

"I would like to point out that ONE thing I will NOT tolerate." Mari began in an irritated tone. "Is Insubordination and a lack of RESPECT for myself as your guild leader; and your other members."  Her eyes darted to Orhalimi as she said this. "I think we SHOULD worry about this stuff. We will not last as a guild if we do not build on strong foundations. I do not mind people adding input but if you continue to be rash, and undermine me - you will be asked to leave the guild."

Mari sighed, running a hand through her hair, Orhalimi was proving to be a lot of trouble. He continued to disrespect her and her decisions. He wanted to join a battle he was under levelled for, and he wanted to completely change and derail the discussion.  "I would be very disappointed in a guild that was composed entirely of Blacksmiths - if you want such a guild Orhalimi." Mari added in a stern tone. "Then leave and start a Blacksmithing guild."

That's right, she was kind of had to do that, he expected her to react that way. "so this is how things are going to work around here? every time that someone will object your opinion you will threaten to throw him from the guild?" His face was angry, but he wasn't. He know what he had to do next.

Rowan rise from his chair. "If you want respect you should earn it, and its not done by silencing" his voice heard loud and clear. He dare her with his look , his eyes said kick me.  come on, kick the only merchant in front of everybody because you disagree with him. 

He continued ruthless "The word leader mean you found a four fellows to make a guild with, it doesn't give you the ability to control their mind. Do you demand from him to choose his profession according to your personal preference, while we got an alternative solution? Guilds will rise and fall while he will stay in this profession for the rest of his life!" on this game, but he didn't say that part.

That was almost to easy, in her attempt to take the control back she lost too much, now he could take all the guild if he wanted to, right from her hand. But he won't do it to her, he wasn't that kind of person. But knowing for one second he could take something like that from someone else Made him feel much more confident.

"Leader" he emphasized the word "When you said that "Cerulean silence" is been created for the meek, the down-trodden, and the forgotten you charmed me in your words". His face softened. He didn't want to go to far, all he want was to prove a point. "Because only idiots will think we are weak, that's exactly the idiots we don't want around us. But show me these words are true. Don't act like "Crimson Inquisition" leaders, do not demand from us to follow blindly after your orders just because you said so". He finish talking, his eyes still rested on her. Now leader, what will you do? Are you the leader I think you are or the leader I need?

Mari sighed, "I wasn't silencing you; if you want respect you treat others with respect." Mari said, voice low. "You jumped up and attempted to take control of the meeting, you are stomping your feet like the child you are. You, Rowan are throwing your weight around - monopolizing on the fact that you are one of the few merchants around, if anything - you're the one acting like the Crimson Inquisition." She breathed, Mari was shaking with rage, she wanted to throw the kid down off of the chair and get him to shut his mouth. "All of you- when you joined - knew I was not a pleasent person. Don't get sh*tty at me when I simply act accordingly. I never told you to control; I am suggesting things - your basis has no construct - no thought to it. If you bring something to attention that is well though out and not thrown in haphazardly then yes - we will discuss it."

Mari rubbed her forehead. "Rowan, you don't even believe we will die here if we die; someone as foolhardy as that hardly has a leg to stand upon, I never told anyone to be an exact profession. I strongly suggested to not go the route of a Blacksmith. If they still insisted on being a Blacksmith -  I would voice my distaste but I would let them do so. YOU foolishly gave the notion for all to be blacksmiths, Aincad has an abundance of them - it IS a good profession but when there are so many choices and so many expert crafters around. It would be hard to maintain a business - for both yourself and for the guild. He can stay in his profession for the rest of his time on the game - but it doesn't mean he will get business."

Mari turned her attention to both Yuji and Fallen; "How much business has your shops gotten? Do you think you would be able to effectively survive solely on your shop?"

Turning back to Orhalimi Mari continued; "Not once did I say anyone MUST do any ONE particular thing, I am giving options and sound advice, and I am voicing my disappointment in various ideas. Again, you knew I was not a very nice person when mad, and yet you insist on doing so - on purpose might I had. Because you know it will set me off – to me that is a gross sign of negligence to yourself, your guild members and I.”

Finally she turned to Macgrath, “In saying all that if you really want to be a blacksmith you know I won’t stop you – but as I said; keep in mind Blacksmiths are very common. Tailor you are more than free to go for, to my understanding there are fewer of those. “ 

Yuji put his hand on forehead and shake his head. Seeing Rowan and Mari arguing in the first guild meeting makes him sad and dizzy. To think that this will happen so early.... "Well I won't survive on my shop alone. I need not to worry of that though because I always grind eventhough I don't look like the type who will do that."

"Rowan,please respect the leader here. I know what you're trying to say but you can express it in more...gentlemanly manner. -sigh- Anyway,it's up to MacGrath to make his choice. In the end,the leader can only give advice on what's the best for the guild,and it's up to subordinate to choose what they want to do."

"Who would have thought that profession could be a touchy topic. -shrug-  Well,let's change the topic shall we. I think you have something to say about the fighting and passive position. Or should we wait for a certain someone to voice his opinion?"

(OOC: I'm talking about Terrence)

"Things here are getting a bit out of hand." MacGrath said in his mind, "Interested to see what would happen in the aftermath. " He said quietly that no one heard him. "Well, I'm going to be a tailor, I might not have the store just yet, but if you have any requests while I get my shop after my certain quest I have to do is done, let me know." He said with a small smile.

Jun was concentrating quite hard on the conversation, it seemed as though the discussion had gotten quite heated, "My shop has only just recently opened so I don't think at this point anyone has come and it probably won't pick up for a while." He cleared his throat, "I'm not picking sides here, but I think if we are to function as a guild together we need to have some sort of mutual respect, otherwise we will fall apart, Mari, I don't think you need to treat Rowan so harshly, while he did make a stupid suggestion you could've just brushed it off rather than raising your voice." Jun sighed, "Now that we have gotten that out of the way. I think that we should try and have some sort of agreement as to what we are going to do in the meantime while we wait for us to get better at this game, I think going on a little hunting trip would be something that we could do for fun as a guild."

"I agree" Rowan smile to Fallen, then slowly went back to his seat. Seen the guild members come to his defense made him feel a sort of fragrances. He didn't had to say anything, he already reach his goal.

He drank quietly and gave a natural look at Mari. It's seems she already forced herself to be formulated in a more political way, Say you are not a nice person its not excuse for that behavior  he thought. Than gave a meaningful look at Yuji.  Believe me, I am respecting her, one day she will be a great leader of a big guild and she will thank me for that.  "gentlemanly manner" Rowan sigh. He like this guy, handle with everyone.....remind him himself when he just entered this game.

He will give his life for her, but if he want to stay in this guide, there are some things that need to be settle. But he didn't know yet, maybe she was the leader he was looking for....

Mari nodded toward Yuji, "I've seen you out and about on the higher level floors." She turned to Orhalimi, as Yuji expressed that perhaps if he had expressed it in a less aggressive manner things wouldn't have escalated, and Yuji was right. Orhalimi was on purposefully trying to instigate an issue, why? Who knew. 

"Yuji you pretty much said it, in a nutshell.  MacGrath if you need help with your Earning a Living quest to become a tailor please let one of the guild members know. I would personally help you however my hands are tied right now. It may also be good to open an announcement asking for a Tailor to help you gain your profession." 

Mari turned to fallen now, "That advice should be well heeded by all present, you included Orhalimi - wipe that smug look off your face."

Mari considered Fallen's proposal, a hunting trip. "That's a good idea, I think it'd be good for the guild members to come together and collect Materials - at the end of our hunt we will divide them equally among us. I'd suggest somewhere between the 2-3 floors; a few of us are higher levelled however many of us aren't. If you all feel you can tackle a higher floor than I wouldn't suggest any higher than the 5th floor. I'll make an announcement on the guild noticeboard when we come to a decision on that."

Mari paused, taking a breath - she needed to move onto the next matter; "Speaking of battles; many of you are aware there is a Floor boss fight occuring soon. Now, Yuji and Orhalimi have both requested to join." Mari turned to Orhalimi, it seemed he was the guild member who would give her the most trouble, "I've tried to convince Orhalimi not to go - as I would prefer all who did join be at least level 8 - but, as I have continuously said I can only offer advice if you insist on going I won't stop you. In that - Yuji - Orhalimi I want you two to work with our blacksmiths and Tailor to get suited up accordingly."

A spark of anger appeared in his eyes. She treated him like a little child, she! How dare she. He offer his loyalty on a silver platter and handed it to her without hesitation, all she had to do is to take it. Well, what he expected from someone like her?

But somehow, that little sarcastic comment from her lit inside him such outrage that he didn't know that existed. How dare she talking to him like that, how dare she judging his beliefs. Maybe he bit disagrees with her ideas, with her opinions or her leadership methods. But he never said anything bad about her or her behavior, even though he really wanted to. 

His hands shake with anger, "do not talk to me like that" he emphasized with his voice "YOU ARE THE LAST PERSON THAT WILL EVE.." a sound of broken glass sounded, Rowan's hand broke the glass from anger. He stopped his speech at once, and felt his pride taking over him.

"I'm out of her. If you want to kick me you can do it right now. But the next time you will talk like that to me or my beliefs I'm leaving this guild for good. You have no idea what's my beliefs are! and you have no right to judge me at at this nameless place". With these words Rowan stood up an went toward the exit. "There is no reason for me to stay hereI will be outside, hunting some Ice Giants. I'll catch up with the details later." I can't say anything without making the things around here worse, I can't stand this behavior anymore. I'm already burnt.

He start to walk toward the exit, he didn't care about the guild color or the number of blacksmiths in it. As he gave last look at Mari the blazes in his eyes as been extinguished.  He was sure looking for something, something no one saw but him. But even he didn't knew what it is.

Jun slamed his fists down on the table quite violently, causing it to shake, "GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" Jun sighed, "This is exactly what I'm talking about! Rowan, you bloody well knew what you were signing up for when you joined, just because things aren't going your way you are acting like a child and leaving! Get back here! You are still part of our guild, you can't just ditch every time things don't go your way, that's not how this game works! We need to work as a team. That goes for all of you, I said this before, we need to have mutual respect, otherwise every meeting will go exactly like this. We will fall apart and just fade into the background like other failed guild." Jun sighed, he probably just made everything worse, especially for himself, but it didn't matter, Rowan was probably going to leave anyways.