[OP-F1] Around the floor and back again

My back would have ached severely if it had been programmed into the game, I was only a couple of hours into my first grinding session and the plains around me were half full with enemies while the other half laid vacant from where I had just came from. (The sun is already close to the night setting, I should have logged in sooner but I can now have a few respawning area's to myself.) My head filled with thoughts as it pointed up at the sky, I had managed to not find a single item with my luck yet and I only had enough Col for a few healing crystals. On the plus side, my health gauge was only at a very lenient yellow color from where I had been working on the level one's the entire time. "I'll be able to produce many crystals like this as long as I am careful, once I reach level two I shall have about five with the actual necessity being one. Adding these up with what level creatures I will switch between I can manage five hours at the minimum of training before I'll need to teleport back to the City."

(Is that humming? Is that a skill?) In worry, my head swung to every direction surrounding me until I caught a glimpse of someone in as much black clothing as I. "Hey! What are you doing!?" I was actually curious since no enemies were in my vision and yet a skill was able to be cast without permission as if it was a duel I hadn't wanted to be a part of. The aura that helped me spot the other player had swiftly broken from his body and was sent in an arrow shape towards something on the other side of the small hill I was by. *SQUEEE!* A horrible painful yell from none other than a boar shot out and the player who had provoked it disappeared, I couldn't do anything about them since when I went after them, the boar had attacked me out of nowhere! "What the hell!?" My health gauge fell into the red and I was on my behind starting to feel my first sensation of viewing death since I had started. (It must have been some sort of provoke skill he used, he was trying to get me killed?) As quickly as I could I pushed myself up and readied my attack, I had to completely clean the slate of my mind as I watched the enemy prepare it's attack.

[if battle dice rolls 1-5]: I miss my attack

[if battle dice rolls 6-10]: I hit with my attack.

Kiran normally stayed on his own. He wasn't a solo player per say, but he was picky about his group and guild mates. His tolerance for infighting and dissent was limited, and the people he kept around him had to aspire to a certain standard of discipline. However, there were a few things that brought him to the side of strangers: the sound of peril and players in the red zone.

The person up ahead seemed to have been yelling at something or someone, but Kiran had not seen what. He had only seen the player take a hit from a boar before dropping from yellow to red. Kiran drew his sword and readied an attack. He was charging in head first without fully grasping the situation, but he could do that on the fly. He knew he could take a simple boar, and the worst the player could do was gripe at Kiran for stealing his EXP.

Kiran readied his one-handed, curved sword at his sight and it glowed a pale purple as he lunged in.

1-4 I miss my attack

5-10 i connect with my strike

Neither Kiran nor his ally were going to set any damage records. Both had missed at least one attack, and the boar was almost winning in two versus one battle.

"The boar will only survive one more hit! Let's attack together and maybe we can bring this thing down before a casualty happens!" The other man shouted.

That's assuming we don't continue to whiff. Kiran said inwardly. I feel like I'm in last place at the special Olympics.

Kiran readied his blade at shoulder height and aimed the tip for his target. A thrusting attack wasn't the most accurate, but a hit would surely guarantee a kill. If the boar had another chance to strike, there was a chance the person Kiran had come to aid would die.

Kiran's blade lit a pale purple and his blade surged forward.

1-5 I miss my attack

5-10 I kill the boar with my thrust

Loot roll(if killed)

1-10 3 corr dropped

1-15 4 corr dropped

16-20 5 corr dropped

Kiran shook his head.

"Not necessary." He said. "Just glad I could help, however awkward it turned out. Just be more careful from now on."

Kiran looked around. The man seemed to have cleared out a large portion of the area already. The sun was setting, but night spawns on this level were more challenging and more rewarding than day spawns. It might be worth while to keep hunting.

"Do you have any health potions?" Kiran asked. "Night spawns are a little much for me by myself at my level, but the two of us should have no problem as long if you can restore your health."

Kiran shrugged. "Suit yourself."

Kiran clicked on the incoming request on his own HUD and accepted it.

"At least go to town and heal yourself first, then." Kiran replied.

Kiran's own health was still at 100%. He could still hunt at night, but he would have to be much more careful and keep a much higher safety margin than he had been. Embarrassment would be the least of his problems if he were to die not following his own advice.

"Let me know when you have what you need. I'll be out for a while, assuming the hunting goes well."

Kiran sheathed his curved sword and headed off in the direction the other man had cleared. As soon as the sun finished going down, the night spawns would start and repopulated the area.

Lyra has never roamed Sao at night before. The death game was scary enough to let her stay in towns for months, but now that she thinks about it, it doesn't sound so bad after all.

"I have a cool sword, named Zephyr. I learned a few sword skills over the past weeks,met some day people and monsters, and did quests. Now I wonder what happens at night."

Lyra had heard from other players about the extra dangers and rewards that came from night hunting. She knew that her level did not make the cut for dungeons, but that doesn't mean she was not qualified for the monsters at night.

Going into the potions shop. She bought herself 30 health crystals and 20 transportation crystals. She hoped it would be enough, to let her survive. Much better, if she saw other players who would help her.

She has only been a few seconds in the plains when the sun set and darkness began to envelop the game.

Unsheathing Zephyr, she readied herself for any danger that was to come. Anticipating anything, sharpening all her senses to the best of her ability.

A sound surprised her, she was relieved to know that it was only the sound of a teleporting player and not monster out to kill her.

"See you again, Kirian!" A man said, vanishing from the plains.

"Excuse me" Lyra shyly began to talk to the player named Kiran. "You're going to hunt tonight right? Mind if I join you and your friend?" She asked, overhearing some of their earlier conversation.