[SP-F1] Its mighty Morphin Questing Time [Complete]

Celes looked at her quest list. 

Floor 1

Both of them seemed easy enough that she could work on them at once, Killing boars and going, eventually to gith the  Nepents. She readied her equipment. Her new spear, her cape, her pack with food, water, and a single potion for health. It wasnt much but it was all she had. This will be fine, Its just like that time you taught yourself photoshop CS33, that was life or death too right?  If you failed that test your parents would have killed you. 

She suddenly got sad, thinking of her parents. But she would survive to see them again. She hoped. 

She prepared her stuff and headed out into the fields. if she collected alchemic materials from the boars she could make her first few items, maybe. and in the meantime she could Work on her battle techniques while prepping to go see the nempents. it was perfect.

She looked at the map. if she left now she could arrive to the next town by sunset, and stay at an inn. This... this would be ok.... maybe, 

EDIT: a d4 is rolled for a random encounter. >2 = battle

She set out to on the road. She could see some monsters out on the way and she stopped to look. Two direwolves, they might be able to provide mats for her profession, why not. 

She looked and breathed. ok, you got this, just let go, and let your body do it.  She ran toward the first wolf charging him ( d10 battle dice:8, perma roller used ID 856)

He spear rammed into the side of the wolf, tearing into him, leaving a shining red gash. DMG 1+1= 2

The wolf squealed and died, as his friend turned to attack me

Celes 9/9

Wolf 1 DEAD

Wolf 2 3/3

The wolf turned to Celes and Barked menacingly, growling and bearing his fangs (perma roller: 859, mob: 9) He snapped at her once, twice. Teeth sinking into digital flesh DMG 1. 

Celes yelled, this isnt what she came for, she wasnt going to do it this way, she wouldnt give up. Using her spear to push the wolf off she readied for another attack. She swung and missed (4 on perma roller, 859) the wolf took this moment to bite her again (perma roller 860, mob:6) DMG 1, she scrambled to get off and slashed again, dealing no damage (860 BD 3).

the wolf lunged at her again, this time missing her and running to the side (861 mob 4, BD 2) Celes slashed, missed and rolled. The wolf attacked and bit her arm again, (perma roll: 863 BD 8, Mob 7) this time she was able to maneuver her spear and slash him DMG 1+1=2

The wolf yelped in fear and bit at her, (865 BD 9, mob 9) it did another 1 DMG. Finally Celes yelled and Stuck him down DMG1+1+crit+1= 3

She sat staring it front of her. The wolf was dead.... 

Celes 6/9

Wolf 1 DEAD

Wolf 2 DEAD

She was breathing heavily,  she wasnt even in yellow yet, but being attacked that much was unnerving. She wasnt even that far away from the  the <<Village of beginnings>>. 

She opened her menu, any loot?

(PR 865: loot 1, 867: loot 11) 

(PR 974 loot 9)

1 mat! yess she would need that.

She continued on her path, she wasnt going to drink any healing potions until her health was yellow, so she decided to continue. For a while she avoided any mobs, until she finally saw a small pack of boars. Ok, three boars, this will be fine, I survived the wolves, so we got this.

Boar 1 3/3

Boar 2 3/3

Boar 3 3/3

Celes 6/9

We extended her spear and aimed, se let go of the tension in her shoulders and swiftly lunged (PR 870: BD=10, mob = 5) She slashes through the boar with speed, DMG 1+1+crit 2= 4. He breaks into hundreds of glass shards as the second boar attacks. (PR 871: BD=4, mob =2) He misses, and while she manages to turn to him, but she misses him with her spear. She steadies herself. No i've got this, she lunges and slashes this time hitting, hard (PR 873: BD=9, mob =7)  DMG 1+1+crit1= 3. Te boar, who had already adjusted to attack, crumbled and exploded into the bright bits of data.

only one left, she thoguht to herself. Turning to the last one . (PR 874: BD=7, mob =5, loot 20) with a quick slash she cuts him in half. Its done.

She is amazed no damage has been dealt to her this time and checks her inventory 

She saw an item she had never seen before... Boots?

she checked for any Mats, or some Col 

(PR 876, 877, 976: loot= 6, 15, 20)

She got two mats and 15 col.  Yesssss  she chuckled to herself  one step closer to world domination! Or, you know... a job...

Celes continued down the road to the next city, so far she had one of the materials needed for her alchemy quest,    she needed four more, and to talk to an alchemist to 'learn' the profession.  She entered the town and headed to an inn. 

"Welcome to the Urbus inn! would you like a room?" 

She was always amazed at how realistic the NPCs were "Uh, yes please" 

"Thank You! that will be 10 Col! A text bow appeared before her asking to confirm the transaction. She clicked on it and accepted the charge, she'd be a little low on Col but she could at least stay here for a while. 

She went into the small room, no bath, but a bed was nice.

She sat down to look through her inventory, her maps and what she had done for the day... This was, after all, her life now.

The next morning she got hungry and went out to buy some snack with a few Col. The shops and NPCs here were different, but the food was similar. Not too bad, but not great... She checked out the shops, no buying anything,she thought, not wanting to waste Cold on useless stuff.this time she needed to set off. It was time to retrieve the medicine form the forest for her other quest. it would take her a day to get to the forest, and then find the NPC that would give er the quest, but it would be enough. 

She set down the road outside of the city toward the forest. This path would take her off the main roads btu would be faster. She hoped she could handle the monsters she encountered on the way.  if not i'm dead, she said to herself, literally dead, i mean who even does that?? not me, I dont die, nope. 

She continued with this mantra for a few more steps before encountering her first monster, a Boar that seemed unhappy to see her. 

Celes 8/11

Boar 5/5

S he began the battle with a forward slash at the boar, (PR 909, BD 7, mob 5) catching him just under the jaw (DMG 2)the boar attempted to regain his composure to strike, but missed at the last moment. 

She readied herself for another attack(PR 910, BD 9, mob 6, loot 4) She jumped and dug her spear into the boar, Instantly killing it. No loot or mats from this one, but it was ok, the Experience was enough. 

Continuing down the road she stops to see two giant wasps. Oh man, she thinks,  i have fought one of these before... LETS DO IT...

Wasp1 5/5

Wasp2 5/5

Celes 11/11

She lifts her spear and feels the familiar pull of the sword Skill. (PR 911, BD 7, mob 1) She takes the wasp completely by surprise, knocking it out of the air(DMG 2). the second dives at her with his stinger and stumbles to the ground.

Wasp1 3/5

Wasp2 5/5

Celes 11/11

She slashes at the second wasp this time, while he is on the ground (PR 912-913, BD 7, mob 6, mob 7) She stabs at him (DMG2) But is knocked over by a hit from the other wasp(DMG1). The second wasp recovers just in time to slash at her again(DMG1). 

Wasp 1 3/5

Wasp 2 3/5

Celes 9/11

She reels for a moment before renewing her attack (PR 915, BD 9, mob 7) She hits the first was and obliterates him (DMG 3), reveling in seeing him fly off and break into a million shards. Which is unfortunate, in her distraction the other wasp comes and knocks her over again (DMG1)

Wasp 1 DEAD

Wasp 2 3/5

Celes 8/11

She readies for her next attack ( (PR 916, BD 6, loot 15, 918 loot 14) and cuts him across the thoracic cavity. HE breaks into a million pieces as Celes slumps into the grass.

Okay maybe that was a bit harder than I expected... She checks her inventory, Nice, two more Mats, i needed this... 

She gets up and readies, to continue. Stopping for a moment to have some bread and water.

She looked around, wondering where she could best find nempents. Suddenly something jumped at her from the side (PR 920, BD 7, mob5). She threw herself back Rolling and stabilizing enough to attack whatever it was that tried to hit her. She jumped and slashed only to find a wolf in front of her DMG 2.

Wolf 4/6

Celes 8/11

(PR 923, BD 4, mob 5) 

She scrambled to get up and hit it again, but missed at the last moment. The wolf also lunged at her, but she rolled away from his jowls and straightened again. 

(PR 924, BD 1, mob 10) 

She swung again missing the wolf. he howled with a  gleam in his eye and lunged at her his teeth sinking into her leg(DMG 2) Gods,  she prayed silently as she saw her health lower itself to yellow, Dont let me die like this 

Wolf 4/6

Celes 6/11

(PR 925, BD 7, mob 4) 

Using the butt of her spear she Hit the wolf's snout. he let go with a snarl and prepared to attack again.She Prepared herself again, This time bracing for his attack and stabbing him as he lunged at her. Throwing the wolf's body off to the side(DMG 2).

Wolf 2/6

Celes 6/11

The move left her unbalanced and she fell, letting go of her spear for a moment. Taking advantage of this the wolf attacked her again with the same ferocity (PR 926, BD 3, mob 10). His teeth sank in taking another bit of her life with it (DMG 2) 

Wolf 2/6

Celes 4/11

(PR 926, BD 7, mob 4, loot 7) 

She yelled out as she reached for her fallen spear and sank it into his side, it dug into its fur crushing the wolf into a million pieces. 

She lay there for a moment, realizing how close she had been to death. She pulled out the health potion and drank it. relief spreading across her face as she saw her health recover.  She needed to be more careful, this was a dangerous place... 

After the wolf she realize that maybe, before going off to hunt she should purchase some new gear. I have saved up enough Mats and Col. I can go get a few things first. Yeha, i'll just go back to the trail and walk, rest maybe.  She continued along the trail into nightfall, finally arriving to the town. She went into the shops...  (Continued in the shop threads, I will post which one) 

Returning to the first floor fron all of her shopping she sits to rest and looks at her inventory. Things are a bit different now, eh? maybe now youll stand a chance! She remembered the wolf. How close she had come to death. when she had made her character, she had envisioned a quick damage dealer someone who could absorb blows, but also deal them quickly. Being so close to death she realized. This was no game she was playing. if she wanted to survive, she needed to run those quests and fight well. It was enough. 

She set out once more. This time with new equipment. Walking back to the forest she saw the area where she had been attacked earlier. You wont get me like that again. I'll be ready next time. she thought about their adventures so far. Trystan and the shops she'd visited. people here can be very kind.. Perhaps I can help someone new one day as well....

She wandered into a clearing. Not seeing any monsters yet she sat down to have some bread and water. 

She continued on into the forest. I really should have trained that listening skill. I hope I can find what I need in here... She continued through, eventually coming upon a clearing. She saw four wolves and prepared to attack

Wolf 16/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Wolf 3 6/6

Celes 13/13

(PR 963, BD 9, mob 7) She dashed at the first wolf Hitting him hard (DMG:4) He toppled over, snarling at her. Wolf 2 dashed at her Biting her arm(DMG 1, DM +3, resolves to 1 DMG), the second wolf lunged (PR 694, mob 9) he bit hard (DMG2, DM+3, Dmg:1). The third Wolf Looked over at celes and howled (PR 966, BD10, mob 2)  He tried to attack, but flew by her. Using this distraction Celes slashed at the third wolf (DMG 4+2crit=6). He broke into a million shards of light...

Wolf 2/6

Wolf 2 6/6

Wolf 3 DEAD

Celes 12/13

She turned to the remaining wolves, The first one, already injured snarled ferociously as he attacked (PR 967, mob 3) her but she managed to sidestep him in time to dodge. Alright, maybe getting these items was the right thing to do...

The second wolf jumped at her, trying to catch one of her arms(PR 968, BD10, mob 10) He bit deep into her arm (DMG 2, DM 3, DMG=1) Celes cursed as she grabbed her spear and dug it deep into the wolf's gut (DMG 4 +2 crit=6). As he fell apart Celes turned to face the last wolf.

Wolf 2/6

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 DEAD

Celes 11/13

Alright wolfie, just you and me puppy, youre doggie treats no- i wonder how many stupid phrases i can come up with before the battle it over...

Her mind was racing as the last wolf attacked, he smashed into her (PR 969, mob 10, BD 7+3 10, loot 19) koncing her over and managing to scratch her (dmg 3, DM3, DMG=1) She scrambled to get back up and ran at him with her spear (DMG 4) He burst away into nothingness, leaving her with a small HUD window that had her experience in it. 

Wolf 1 DEAD

Wolf 2 DEAD

Wolf 3 DEAD

Celes 10/13

Loot: 

PR 960 loot 19 - 30col + 1 mat

PR970 loot 12 - 1 mat

PR 971 loot 11 - 1 mat

PERSPECTIVE CHANGE, the narration will now continue in first person point of view. 

I looked around the forest, feeling the simulated breeze hit my face through the leaves. this words was so real, and yet, such a consistent wind would never blow in the real world. I wondered what would such a  foest me like. More bugs probably, cobwebs... but she couldn't help but enjoy the breeze and the warm moss when she sat down. It was entrancing to lay under a tree and look up to see the sunlight through leaves.  She missed the real world. This place was almost perfect... but...

i hadn't told anyone yet. no, people here wouldnt understand...I needed to leave here, I need to get back to.... My roommate was probably worried. God I had been so stupid. To wait for so long for her... but, now... now those ays would no longer exist. The calm days reading in the sunlight, loving each other, happily. Of course, no one here understood. 

I need to get strong, to go back, and be with my darling again.

People here... I dont know what they would think of two women... no, it was too complex for this world, here i need to get strong. She will wait for me, I know she will, just as I waited for her. Part of why I took on these quests was because of a rumour, a logout point in the forest, hidden away. Maybe I can Find it... Maybe I can...

I'll leave this place one way or another, and get back to her. For sure.

After resting she got up off the grass, She needed to continue. to get mats and to find the nempents. She continued through the forest. She found two wolves lurking in the woods and decided to attack.

Wolf1 6/6

Wolf2 6/6

Celes 13/13

(PR 987, mob 9(+2), BD 9) She got the jump on the first wolf and slashed,Hitting him hard (DMG4+1 crit=5), he reels for a moment and then attacks, biting into her shoulder. I no way little dude, not with this armour (DMG2, DM 3 resolves to 1 DMG).  the second wolf attacked, missing her by a lot (PR 989, mob 3 )

Wolf 1 1/6

Wolf 2 6/6 

Celes 12/13

Celes turned back to the first wolf, slashing him and finishing him off (PR 990, BD 9(+2), mob 4). the second wolf lunged at her, but again he missed.  Too fast for you!  float like a butterfly sting like a bee puppy, cant touch this!  (PR 993 5(+2)=7, mob 8) She took his momentary miss to slash and hit him hard(DMG4) unfortunately this only seemed to anger him. Go figure, she thought as he bit into her (DMG1)

Wolf 1 DEAD

Wolf 2 2/6 

Celes 11/13

(PR 999, 1000, BD 6, loot 20, loot 10)

She shook him off and slashed once more  (DMG 4). He was dead. she sat to examine herself, and the loot. Hrmmm  30 col and one mat, very nice. she rested before going back through the woods. 

The sun was already high in the sky by the time she found some Nepents, They only had fruit on their head, but hey, a monster was a monster, right?

She decided to avoid the nepents that only had fruit on them, they're useful, sure, but i cant waste precious health on fighting them... now when I still need to find the <<little nepents ovule>>. 

While wandering around the forest she came across a small hut. The looked inside to find an NPC standing about, preparing a meal. She knocked on the door. the NPC opened the door "Hello adventurer! Come in, come in! " She quickly ushered her in  "I am preparing a meal for myself, I'm glad you came" Oh?  this seems interesting, the NPC continued "I am having some trouble you see, and only an adventurer like you could help me!"  Celes saw the quest marker light up, this was obviously a part of some quest.... "You see I usually get all of my ingredients from the forest here, but lately the Nepents have been overrunning my garden. Please help me clear them out! I dont have much, but I can reward you with a safe place to stay in the forest. A stew and a warm bath. Lust go kill those Nepents and collect some carrots for me!"   The HUD flashed before her:

Accept this quest?

<<Yes >>   <<No>>

Celes put her finger on <<Yes>> 

Even if it was just a side quest, she was sure she could manage. And the sun would be setting soon, this would be a better way to spend the night, rather than use up an item to get back to a town...

She set out for the gardens. Looking around she sighed. Questing here turned out to be more complicated than I thought. Reaching the first of the womans gardens she saw one, A little Nepent, but this one had a fruit on it. She began to attack.(PR 1033, BD4 (+2 ACC)=6, mob 9) She struck the nepent in the side (DMG4, it let out an ear piercing howl and  the fruit opened, releasing a strange powder from its fruit ( mob roll to attract other little nepents=9, 3 nepents)  3 new little nepents ran toward the garden.

Little nepent w/ fruit 3/7

little nepent 7/7

little nepent 7/7 

little nepent 7/7

Oh crap,  she cursed silently to herself,  It was a trap, this lady owes me more than just dinner! She turned back to the nepents. Time to do this! (PR 1035, BD 10, Mob 10)  She swung, Destroying the little nepent with fruit. Another Nepent swung a vine at her (DMG 3, DR3, resolves to DMG 1, activates thorn, 1DMG). The third nepent slashed with its vine as well, (1036, mob 7) and hit her on the side (DMG 1). Finally the their nepent jumped over and hit (PR 1037, mob 10) (DMG 1). Celes yelled out "You slack bastards!!" 

Celes 12/15

Little nepent w/ fruit DEAD

little nepent 6/7

little nepent 7/7 

little nepent 7/7