[PP-F1] Starting Fresh (Yon Aurinko)(Complete)

Garou lifted the hand off of her shoulder, hands up like the police had just caught him as he backed up. But instead of a dismayed face he was smiling at the ground with his eyes closed. "Don't worry, Beatha. It'll be fine. Even us seasoned players had to get used to it." He was lying; Garou didn't play much more games than she had, but he had to look like he had some authority to motivate her. Garou patted his black hat on his head. "Follow me, M'lady." Garou wandered into the fields up towards a boar.

As soon as it noticed him, the wild boar charged at the purple-haired boy. Garou danced around the enemy and stuck his tongue out at it, waving Beatha over. "Come on! Strike with your sword!"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beatha followed him up towards the boar, drawing her sword from its sheath which rested on her back by the shoulder strap. She took in a soft breath as she set her eyes on the boar which had its eyes set on Garou. She grunted as she ran up towards it, aiming to hit it.

She managed to stumble as the boar charged towards her, the pale colored tusks ramming into her ribs roughly; making her lose HP to the critical hit. She shuddered slightly as she landed on the ground, losing her grip on her sword as it fell beside her.

Garou placed his gentle gloved hands under her armpits and hauled Beatha up. "Don't worry, just remind yourself that the pain isn't real. When you realize you're just in a game, it will vanish." Just a game? Yeah right. After getting her on her own two feet, the boy bent down to pick up her weak weapon. The heavy chains on him rattled violently, but every movement of his was fluid and conditioned. Garou flipped the two-handed weapon almost effortlessly into the air and caught the blade end, extending the handle to Beatha. "Now, one more time. Again."

Beatha let out a soft groaned when she was pulled up to her feet by Garou. “Alright…†She muttered back quietly to him. Her eyes ran over the boar against before shifting them to Garou; watching how he had handled her sword. Beatha took the sword back and nodded, glancing at the boar again. She took in a breath and ran back to take another strike at it.

She lunged forward as she swung the sword, managing to land a hit against the boar. It stumbled back but soon regained its foot. "Another hit?" She spoke up, looking over at Garou.

“Sounds good.†Beatha muttered quietly under her breath. She nodded and let her gaze fall to the boar again. She gripped her sword lightly and aimed another hit at the creature before her.

The blade struck the side of the boar roughly. She stood up straight and watched the boar die in front of her. She slid her sword away and raised her hand to run her fingers through her dark hair.

Garou was impressed by CobaltsDream's execution of the monster. He walked up to her slowly. "Okay. Now I'm going to teak you how to use a sword skill. Hold your weapon in a fixed position, like this..." Garou unsheathed his two-handed longsword, Heaven's Beam, and raised it towards the sky. It grew a purple glow around it, the boy following up with a fast spin attack. "Cyclone," he breathed out with a smile, as if he were supposed to announce it. "Now you try on another boar, Beatha."

He sighed at her confusion, scratching his chin with his gloved left hand. "You... don't know what a sword skill is? Its a technique that we use in battle. You can move your sword however you please, but you're not experienced enough yet (both by the game's EXP system and muscle memory of battle) to do anything really crazy." He stepped back and held his hands out far on his sides. "Now try it again. Feel the adrenaline coursing through your veins, bursting through your arteries... feel the dopamine of winning in combat... feel the... estrogen driving you to... replicate more of your species?" Although Garou was a smart senior in high school and above Beatha, something gave away he wasn't exactly sure what he was talking about.

“Not really…†She sighed slightly as she lowered her sword back down to her side. What was he talking about? It didn’t make any sense to her. “Dopamine?†Her brow raised in an unamused fashion. “Estrogen?†If she knew him better, she’d probably smack him upside the head.

She simply shrugged it off and lifted her sword back up, watching it glow a dark cobalt blue. She blinked for a brief moment before bringing her sword down in a forward slash in front of her. “…Like that?â€

Garou clapped as he smiled brightly. "Excellent work! Now lets kill some more boars!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

After about an hour of hard work slaying weak monsters, the start started to sink as Aincrad slowly changed to an orange hue. Garou's chains did not hinder his performance, though to be fair his higher level made it a piece of cake for him. Still experience, he figured. He stretched his arms out to the dimming sky of a dying day. "Its getting late... Beatha, would you like me to buy you dinner?" He gave a friendly, calm smile as he took out two shiny little shards: teleportation crystals.

Garou smirked at the girl. She had a lot to learn. "Teleportation crystals. Take you wherever you want to go." He walked over to her and rested a hand on her shoulder, while his other hand raised one of the fragments up in the air. "Teleport! First Floor, Starting City!" Garou gave Beatha another smile as their digital bodies erupted into blue shards of light. A fraction of a second later, they materialized back in the Starting City's plaza. The lad took his hand off of her and brushed the shoulder he held onto gently, as if touching her had transmitted some sickening disease. "What is your craving, m'lady?" He stood in front of her and bowed once more.

“Oh… I’ve seen people with those… Wasn’t sure what they were.†She muttered and forced herself from flinching when he had touched her shoulder. She didn’t exactly registered what had happened until she realized they were in Starting City. “Um..†What was there to eat anyway? She couldn’t really answer. “You pick.â€

“Sounds good enough to me.†Beatha smiled as she followed him out through the road. She still kept about a foot behind him, since she didn’t exactly know him too well… or really trust him as much. “Thanks for helping me out by the way.†She sighed softly, letting her gaze fall to the ground below her feet.

"It's no problem, Dream," the boy said, calling her by a more appropriate name amongst the other plays for privacy's sake. They finally reached an old tavern with a wooden plank hanging over the opening, bearing the place's name and a crudely painted illustration of the bar's name.

THE BOAR'S TUSK

"Well, this is it. My usual place to eat." Garou led the way inside to a foyer-like area before a bar with stools to their immediate front and tables with boothed seats to the sides of the place. "I'll sit where you want to, m'lady." He nudged her softly and winked to attempt to break her nervousness, not really expecting to but still wanting to comfort her slightly.

“It seems like a nice place.†Beatha murmured quietly under her breath. Her eyes wandered the place carefully, observing all the places before choosing a booth up against the wall to her right. “I guess here is okay.†Hopefully she’d warm up more to him if they stayed around each other. She didn’t like feeling so quiet around people that she didn’t know. But she couldn’t help it. She slid into the booth and leaned back against the seat with a soft sigh, closing her eyes.

As Garou reached the table with Beatha, some mumbling rose from people on the bar stools. "Hey, isn't that that werewolf guy?"

"Yeah, Kangroo, or somethin', right?"

"I... think it starts with a "G," but I dunno..."

The purple-haired boy ignored the talk about him, trying to not let his growing fame in the Starting City get to him. The middle-aged NPC bartender noticed him and called out to him. "Hey! Garou! Welcome back! You got a date tonight or something!?"

Garou blushed in return as he took a seat. "Erm, no. Just a friend. Can I get the usual, Clint?" The boy looked towards Beatha, still blushing. "Uh... what would you like...?"

Beatha listened into what the others had been saying about Garou but decided to ignore it. Her eye twitched at the word date, fists clenching slightly as she tensed up at the word. The black hair that was pulled behind her ear had drooped down into her face as she kind of slumped into the seat. “I guess whatever you’re getting..â€