[PP-F1] Starting Fresh (Yon Aurinko)(Complete)

He realized how awkward she felt and spoke up to the bartender again. "Er, double that order. And make it to go, Clint." Garou sat down silently and fiddled with his chains for a few seconds as the bartender virtually prepared the meal. Garou stood and looked over to Beatha. "Come on." He walked over, grabbed the two baggies and left out back into the city streets.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She blinked for a moment and watched him stand up to fetch the bags. She followed along with him, kind of ignoring everybody else inside the building, hating the fact that she couldn’t act normal in a place like this.

“We didn’t have to leave..†Beatha muttered almost silently as they made their way back out onto the streets.

Garou led them to a quite park about half a mile away from The Boar's Tusk. He sat down at a benched table and set one bag in front of him and the other facing the seat across from his own. The boy looked down as his still closed food bag. "I'm sorry, Beatha. I can tell you don't like people. I didn't want you to put up with them. Pretty soon the other players were about to try to impress me, get me to join a guild or something." He laughed sadly as he looked her in her eyes with his own two green ones. "I just want you to feel comfortable, is all."

Beatha followed him, kind of up beside him as they walked along the road towards the park. She sat down across from him and opened the bag, waiting before she started eating. “I have my reasons for not liking people…†She muttered quietly as her blue eyes met his green ones. “You’re the first guy that I barely know that actually wants that... Besides my brother a few friends.â€

Garou looked away shyly as he pulled out a two-layered cheeseburger, some fries, and iced tea from his bag. "I'm not really into people much, either. I never really had any friends until I came to Aincrad." He sighed as he took his first bite into the greasy sandwich, pausing to wash it down with some of the tea. "I miss real life, though. And no matter what everyone might say, I'm not a bad guy..." His faced seemed to be drained of his youth.

Beatha took out the cheeseburger that Garou had bought for her along with the fries and tea. She took a small bite from the burger… kind of chewing it slowly before taking drink of her tea. “I had friends in Scotland. A few at school… Not many.†A few memories flooded her head but decided to block them out as she was talking to Garou. “I already know that you aren’t a bad guy.†She snorted as she looked up at him again. “I already know enough people in real life like that. It’s more than obvious that you’re not.â€

His heart began to race as an idea came through his head, sparked by her personal bit of a story. "Hey, Beatha..." Garou started shyly. His heart thumped so hard that it felt like it was forcing itself up his throat. "There's a Valentine's Day event coming up, and..." He gulped as his fingers began to twitch.

Garou expected to be relieved by her agreement to go with him, but for some reason felt hollow inside. He smiled through his empty feeling. "Sounds great," he lied. What in the hell is wrong with me? Do I really want something more from her? I've never wanted someone in my life to... be with. This can't be the case. No way. Garou finally finished his dinner and rose sulkily. "Would you like me to walk you to an inn, buy you a room?"

He watched her as she approached him and spoke, feeling humbled but slightly bitter. Garou bowed to her with his hat over his chest. "The pleasure is all mine. Its no big deal anyway, anyone else could've done it." He began walking back onto the road from the park as the moon became visible in the sky, only a sliver left of its shining glow.

Eventually they reached a nearby inn in silence. Garou turned to face her. He flicked his index finger into the air, bringing up his HUD menu, tapping it a few times to send CobaltsDream a friend request. "Just because," he said smiling. "This is where I stay, but I'll get you a seperate room." He kept his HUD up then disbanded their party. "I guess this is it until the event, Beatha."

Garou nodded as he stepped inside the inn's entrance, barely lit by candlelight. He flicked through his menu some more and selected the option to give double the pay, covering both him and CobaltsDream. Before heading up the stairs to his bedroom, Garou turned to look at the other player, his new friend. "Good night, Beatha." His voice almost croaked, but his warm smile assuaged the sensation.

Beatha followed him inside until they were upstairs. She was thankful that he was willing to pay everything off for him. It wasn’t something she was used to… unless it had to do with family. “Good night, Yon.†She spoke with a smile on her face, it wasn’t often she smiled. But when she did.. it was worth to see.

Garou let Beatha's smile soak into his memory, touch his heart, motivate his spirit, and move his soul. The boy almost teared up as he turned to leave after a few seconds of just standing there and smiling. He went into his room, unequipped his overgarments and plopped down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Wow... I don't know why, but she was amazing. She's not like the other girls...

Garou turned onto his side and let out a deep breath. Valentine's Day was soon, and he was beginning to think that he wanted to be more than friends with his new ally. The boy shook the idea out of his head. Friendship comes first. Garou got underneath the blankets, causing the lights to dim. He drifted off to sleep soon, falling into thankfully pleasant dreams for once.

Beatha entered her room, quietly closing the door behind her. A tired sigh left her lips as she sat down on the bed. She unequipped her clothes and slid under the soft covers of the bed. Her eyes wandered throughout the room as she began to think to herself. He seems okay. Glad that I have at least one person here that I know.

She shifted onto her side, tugging the blanket up to her neck as her eyes slowly began to close. Hopefully she could get some peaceful rest for once. Without any bad dreams or memories flooding her mind. She fell asleep rather quickly, her body dragging her to rest quicker than normal.