[PP-F2] To Squish or Be Squashed

After an hour of exploring the craggy terrain of Floor 2, Garou sat down to rest on an odd, very-wide rock. Why is it so hot in the mountains? He looked around, not a single blade of grass in sight around him. The purple-haired lad still insisted on keeping the chains around his body, so that didn't help his situation much. Maybe its time for Floor 3, he thought. With that, the rock underneath his bottom began trembling.

Garou leaped to his feet and pulled his black hat tight onto his head. The rock he was once sitting on mystically floated upwards. For a second the boy thought he was dreaming.

Only a second, for the next thing he saw was a huge six-legged cross between a scorpion and a spider push the rest of the rock aside as it climbed out of its nesting hole. It growled at Garou and he instinctively drew his two-handed sword, Heaven's Beam, without a conscious effort. He scanned the horrifying monstrosity to find that it only had 20 HP, but was considered a boss. A boss in the field? But there's no event! It struck its barbed tail at Garou, forcing him to jump to the side and land with a grunt.

After leveling up to fifteen from all the weak monsters on floor two I sigh. Walking around aimlessly I open up my inventory only to release cream filled bread into my hands while taking a nice bite of it feeling the softness of the bread and the warmness of the cream a delighted facial expression walked upon my face. Leaning against a tree near the mountains I continued eating while enjoying the beautiful crystal blue sky. There was absolutely nothing to worry about today, or so I thought.

Hearing a loud noise coming from the east of mean I shiver from the excitement of what was happening. I knew someone stumbled upon a field boss and obviously needing help maybe. Popping the last cream filled bread in my mouth I chuckle in excitement while heading toward the direction. Finally reaching there I hear all the commotion and see's Garou avoiding the attack by jumping back. Smirking at his remarkable dodge I looked at the field boss for a second with a confused look. "So he has twenty oh and he looks like a scorpion mixed with a spider.

This'll be very interesting." He thought to himself while jumping beside his good friend Garou while unsheathing his Cliducster. "Lets rock and roll Garou buddy. We've yet to fight a boss together so let's make this quick, I want some more cream filled bread with maybe a side if sweet tea. Heheh" he said excitedly yet pure focused on the situation.

Zauis: 33/33

Boss: 20/20

Garou collected himself and spotted the excited Zauis, a boy like himself that he wasn't sure he met before. But at this time, proper introductions were not in order. Garou scanned the boss again for further details: its name was Mountain Shell, and it seemed to be foaming at its four-jawed mouth. The green spittle that slunk out of its hungry hole spilled onto the harsh ground below, eating small holes into the mountain before sizzling away. He almost gulped in realization. This thing spits acid!

"Watch out for its spit!" Garou called out to Zauis, raising his sword with both hands as he charged at the beast. He lifted the blade and took an overhead vertical swing onto on of its hard, shelled legs. He was pleased to hear the shell snap slightly as a thin red line ran across the beast. Garou leaped away from the frantic boss, pulling out a flask of water from his Victorian suit and taking a quick swig.

Garou's HP: 17/17

Mountain Shell's HP: 19/20

Looking at the boy I gave him a friendly look before turning toward the Mountain shell I noticed the mobster spitting out a green substance that quickly melted the mountains with holes as I thought to myself, "Damn that's acid!!! We'd better be on our toes on this fight because if we get hit by that then it just might be game over. This is gonna be a pain in the ass.". Seeing Garou run toward the Mountain shell with confidence I awaited to see the outcome as he got closer and landed the hit knocking it off balance I dashed in behind him "SWITCH!!!" he yelled while his Cliducster grew black flames around itself as I slashed the Mountain Shell sending it a few feet back as I pant a bit. "Looks like we'll beat this thing in no time if we work together and use the switch method. Let's just focus on the boss and not worry about the last hit. The prize goes to whoever gets the last hit, no arguments! Okay?" he said calmly while turning toward the Mountain shell again.

Boss: 18/20

He nodded and smiled politely at Zauis, swinging his sword wildly above his head. Garou ran back in, yelling, "Switch!" He darted past a few swipes from the scorpion claws of the large beast, proving his heavy, reinforced-steel chains to be outmatched by his pure agility. Garou spun past a wad of acid the monster shot at him and raised his blade to the heavens. Heaven's Beam glowed purple as he charged his sword skill. "Cyclone!" The boy spun on his heels quickly, doing a spin attack with the sword on the same leg he had attacked before, tearing a real cut into the creature's hard leg shell and revealing a fleshy white meat beneath the damage. He looked back at Zauis and nodded again as he began practically dancing with the Montain Shell's large claws and tail.

Mountain Shell's HP: 17/20

Chuckling at Garou's smile I nod at him while he avoided the acid and the attacks I notice he swiftly spins and lands attack once more knocking the Mountain shell off balance, seeing that this was the perfect opportunity to switch I I began dashing towards the Mountain shell "Switch out bro!!!" he said while passing by Garou as the monster swings his acid like attack my way I slide under it while noticing the monster swing his claws my way I quickly get up in time and drop down on one foot while spinning rapidly I clash with his claws making him vulnerable for my next attack as I slash downward with a blue streak around my sword while sending the Mountain shell into a tree I breathe heavy slightly while smirking "Glistering Dreamer......." he whispered while looking back at Garou.

Boss: 16/20

Garou bowed to the other boy with his left, white-gloved hand over his heart. "How delightful! You sure are stronger than you look! Perhaps we can get some tea and-" The monster clung to the tree and pounced from it sideways, flinging its claws at Garou in mid-air. He stared the boss down and brought his sword back up, muttering something just barely over his breath. "Switch..." Garou drove Heaven's Beam (glowing purple once more) up at the monster and sent it into the air. The boy then followed it 15 feet up and smacked it back down towards Zauis with a mighty yell. "CATAPULTAM ICTUS!!!!! (Catapult Slash)"

Garou's HP: 17/17 (Feels good brah)

Mountain Shell's HP: 14/20

"Thanks, your pretty strong yourself for such a low level." he said with a smile as he noticed Garou flash off landing the attack on him with an impressive move, in fact it was a critical hit. Seeing that happen I chuckled knowing it was my turn, Garou slash it toward me while he yelled as I jumped in mid air with my Cliducster glowing black I stuck my sword through the Mountain shell while ripping it through his body with a evil smirk on my face while I began yelling "Aghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!". Sending the Mountain shell into another tree while giving Garou a thumbs up and a friendly smile. "Were pretty good partners, ya know?" he said in a calm tone.

Boss: 13/20

"Indeed we are!" Garou hollered past the racket of the boss hitting the tree, maintaining a relaxed, focused expression on his face. He ran at it and kept his sword thrusted outwards, ramming it through its abdomen with the full length of his weapon. It bucked him away, tearing down the tree in the process as he toed his way back to Zauis. "That was the second critical in a row," he chuckled. Garou patted the other player on the back as he took out his flask, dropping his longsword to enjoy some water for a few seconds.

The boss forced itself upright again, parts of its shell hanging off while some sectors were still intact. The inner body glistened in mucus and looked slimy, but its eyes were still cold and heartless as before. It hacked up a loogie towards Zauis, intending to splatter his chest with the acid.

Mountain Shell's HP: 11/20

Nodding at Garou as he patted my back I chuckled and lost focus while the acid came towards be I swiftly avoided it but I trip up over a vine and as I'm falling the Mountain shell slashed me with his claws sending me into a tree as I slid done it grabbing my head. "Aghh.....damn that hurt..." he said calmly yet looked very pissed off as he leaned his hand against the tree slowly getting up as he looked at the Mountain shell "You'll pay...big time for that."

Zauis: 32/33

Boss: 11/20

Garou hummed with annoyance as the boss struck Zauis, charging his blade to a purple glow once more. "Cyclone!" Before he could make his next move, the beast struck him with a vicious uppercut using its claw to his chin. Garou flew higher than he had launched the monster with his catapult slash and fell onto the hard rocky ground in an unpleasant slump. The boss pounced on him while Garou gave Zauis a weak, exhausted look.

Garou's HP: 15/17

Zauis smiles as Garou tried to attack but notices the Mountain Shell got him first knocking him down. Pouncing on Garou I clench my teeth while slowly getting up as I grab my Cliducster charging at him "You bastard get off if him!!!!" he said angrily while slashing at the Mountain shell he counters it and slashed me with his tail but before he does I grab on to Garou making him fly with me as I gave him a smile in mid air "We can do this man...Let's use the switch method once more..." he said with confidence as they hit the ground.

Zauis: 31/33

Garou slammed the ground hard and gave a soft moan, but got to his feet. He looked back to Zauis with a more serious expression. "Alright... Switch!" Garou turned to his opponent and sped off towards the enemy, swinging Heaven's Beam outwards. The Mountain Shell swung out its tail and caught him in the gut, bringing him to his knees. The monster was getting faster as it was losing more shell!

Garou's HP: 14/17

Hearing Garou say switch I felt uneasy when he was hit in the guy with a fierce tail swipe. Bringing him to his knees I clenched my teeth so hard that you could hear something chip. Continuing to smile I firmly gripped my Cliducster noticing it was moving faster I dashed it and swung but somehow he deflected my attack knocking me off balance swinging his tail at me hitting me in the face as I fly to the ground in pain because his tail was covered in spikes making it more critical. "Man this is going to be a real pain Garou. How's your health looking man?" he said while looking over at him.

Zauis: 29/33

Garou replied with a gurgling at first, his head swimming in confusion as he at last felt actually pain, his brain momentarily unable to differentiate Sword Art Online from reality. He shook his body as he regained his composure. "My... HP... is fine..." He struck his longsword down and used it to get back on his feet. Garou slowly stumbled over to the boss, only to get smacked directly on his head. For a few seconds the world around him went black as he drooled in unconsciousness.

Garou's HP: 12/17

Zauis noticed the gurgling before Garou spoke, being worried about him I notice him clench his long sword dashing the demon with a weird dull run as he gets smacked in the head flying into the ground I saw his drool. "Garou buddy!? Are you alright?" he said while turning to the demon "You son of a....." stopping the sentence I flash towards him in an instant while slashing him into the trees. Running over to Garou gently patting his face "Bro you good!?"

Zauis: 29/33

Boss: 10/20

As the light returned to the boy's vision, he rolled back and forth a bit coughing as he looked to Zauis. "My god..." Anger flushed through his body, remembering what the giant bug-like monster had done to him. He kipped onto his feet as the drool turned to foam. Garou raised Heaven's Beam high, blocking against the Mountain Shell's mighty claw. He still took damage, but he was still standing upright. The boy struggled against the beast's immense strength and was losing his guard, but he pushed back with all his might.

Garou looked back to Zauis. "KILL IT!!!!"

Garou's HP: 11/17

Mountain Shell's HP: 10/20

After striking the the Mountain shell I was seeing if Garou was alright. After patting him I saw the anger in his eyes as he charged toward the Mountain shell clashing with him as he the Mountain shell struck him he continued to hold it off as he told me to kill it I dashed at the Mountain shell swinging my blade he knocks it outta my grip knocking me and Garou back. Hitting the ground I look over at my sword in the distance "Damn this isn't looking good....wait" remembering I had the extra martial arts skill I chuckle a bit while getting up.

Zauis: 28/33

Boss: 10/20

Garou gripped his longsword and got back up, a sort of fire almost burning in his green eyes. He didn't have time for this monster, and he was getting mad. Garou flexed out his wrists, his white gloves and chains falling to the craggy earth. Garou leaped forward at an amazing speed, swinging his blade wildly. "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE!!!!!" A purple wisp came up underneath him, flickering almost like it was a poorly animated spike wagging back and forth. Garou went to work on the monster, peeling off the rest its shell.

He landed past it, the ethereal purple... thing still flickering around him. What... is this...?

Garou's HP: 11/17

Mountain Shell's HP: 8/20