[PP-F2] To Squish or Be Squashed

Getting knocked back I chuckle at Garou raging as he grabbed his long sword I witness the ground shaking a bit while looking up at Garou as a purple aura formed around him as he attacked the Mountain shell destroying it's shell with a critical hit. Smiling at his attack I walk over to my blade and sheathes it while walking toward the Mountain shell in a jokingly like manner while giving it a smile he swung his tail knocking me back as I slid I placed my left hand over my left eye chuckling "Heheh not so bad, ya know?" he said teasingly while waving at the Mountain shell.

Zauis: 27/33

Boss: 8/20

Garou looked back at the beast and glared as it attacked Zauis. Yeah, thanks! he wanted to call back to Zauis, but a lump formed in his throat. He almost choked as the intense power around him reformed the tail-like purple ray of energy swaying jerkily in front of him. So anger fuels this ability, huh? He jumped back at the boss and smacked it with the blunt end of his sword, his weapon glowing along with the aura the entire time. He hit its side and left a red mark, hopping back as it tried to strike him. Its tail almost stabbed him, but his purple beam wrapped around it and swung the entire monster on its side.

Garou's HP: 11/17

Mountain Shell's HP: 7/20

Zauis smiled at Garou smacking the boss a new one. Not caring about this fight or the prize I was awaiting for the Mountain shell to show me his true power. So far he did well with knocking my health down but I haven't even begun trying to kill this thing. I had been fooling around and acting as if I was trying to take it down. Mountain shell attacked me but I didn't even budge, I was thinking to myself, it's time to stop being foolish. Maybe I should kick it up a notch. (If the damn dice would work with me xD) Zauis looked at the Mountain shell "Ya know you aren't so bad Mountain shell. Heheh....I'll be damned." he said happily.

Zauis: 26/33

Boss: 7/20

The boy was surprised by Zauis' sudden mood shift, and his purple aura faded, the one long wisp that rose above him dissolving. Garou slashed out with Heaven's Beam and cut into one of the boss' six legs, slicing it off. He looked back to Zauis, eying his determination. "You sure are strong!" he called out, remarking on the ability of him to sustain the damage without flinching.

Enjoying the scenery of his pal Garou attacking the boss he got a little iffy. He thought to himself, Nows my time to actually get serious. I've been bored this while time. Hearing Garou tell me I'm pretty strong I turned to him with my smile waving at him "Ya think so? I'm really not dat strong, ya know? Heheh ya ain't so bad either." he said in a joking manner before flashing off before Garou's very eyes as his sword turned black I strikes the Mountain shell. Looking at him fly back I wave my index finger back and forth "No no no." he chuckled slightly.

Boss: 5/20

Garou's jaw almost dropped as he kicked himself into the air, swinging at the creature as Zauis made quick work of it. "Holy-" Before he could say something vulgar, the monster cracked his back (almost) in mid-air. He fell to the ground, but easily got on his feet again. "-crap..." he finished instead. Now without its shell, the monster scuttled quickly, even missing a leg.

Garou's HP: 10/17

Mountain Shell's HP: 5/20

After striking the Mountain shell I looked at Garou seeing if he was alright considering his health is kinda low. Forgetting we were fighting a field boss the Mountain shell dashed me with great speed as I quickly reacted I jumped back thinking he was gonna attack right away but he played smart and punished me while I was still in mid jump. Seeing it was a critical hit I shrugged and began panting but instead of worrying about it I laughed "Hahahah.... Ya know dat ain't gonna stop me right?" he said teasingly.

Zauis: 24/33

Boss: 5/20

Garou rushed his attacker without warning, swinging his longsword wildly with both hands. The sporadic movement caused his black hat to fall off his head, allowing his purple air to flow in the turbulence. Garou reached the beast and swung at its face as quickly as he possibly could, leaving a light gash. He backpeddled away before it could spit its acid at him, dissolving the land he was just standing on. "Zauis! Go!"

Mountain Shell's HP: 4/10

Seeing that Garou was so confident about this he lands his attack on the Mountain shell knocking him off balance the mountain shell spit acid on the ground right were I was running towards I swiftly do a flip over it as I'm in mid air doing the flip I slam my foot into the mountain shell's arm as we clash I quickly smirk swinging my blade as I'm upside down hitting the mountain shell in the knee pushing him back as I land on my feet panting a bit "Thats more like it, ya know? For a second I thought our teamwork went to [censored]." he said before giving Garou a thumbs up.

Zauis: 24/33

Boss: 3/20

Garou smiled at the other boy, but knew their work was far from over. The Mountain Shell lost the leg that was attack, leaving the gross giant with only four. It had difficulty moving without balancing its front side, and awkwardly stepped closer to the players. Garou, remembering what it felt like earlier when he was glowing in an aura, started working himself up. He thought about how much he hated Kayaba, hated the Laughing Coffin, hated all of Sword Art Online.

"PRIMUS SIGILLUM, RUINA! (FIRST SEAL, FALL!) First Fang of Singularity, unleash!!!"

The aura formed around Heaven's Beam as a flickery purple color appeared around Garou again, one spike of it wagging back and forth. Garou sped forward with his sword and stabbed the boss, before leaping away gracefully. He was growling as he nodded jerkily towards Zauis.

"Kill."

Mountain Shell's HP: 2/20

Clapping at Garou's new move, maybe? I cheered him on as he attacked while he turned toward me in a weird kinda way as he growled telling me to kill it I stuck my index in my ear trying to tease Garou because of his growl "Yadda yadda yadda Garou. This was your fight to began with so it's best ya try to kill it. I'm not saying this cause I want ya to have the prize but because it's true. Ya know?" saying those last two words as he always did I dashed at the Mountain shell while in mid sprint I dropped spinning on one foot I slash downward hitting him in the chest knocking him back "Glistering dreamer....." he whispered waiting for Garou to finish this bad taste of a boss. "Go on." he said calmly to Garou.

Boss: 1/20

Garou smiled and nodded, his aura weakening slightly as a more pleasant emotion rose within him. The boy walked slowly towards the fallen boss as his "Fang" (the purple energy protrusion that flickered) danced in the air around him, whipping and crackling like the sound of ears popping. He raised his sword to the heaven's as his green eyes flashed and a sick grin accompanied them. Garou then drove his longsword right into the beast's face. The boss exploded into blue fragmented shards which slowly disappeared.

LOOT: Mountain Shell Pauldron

He plucked his weapon out as if it were still stuck into something, slowly smiling like a human being again as his aura faded away. He rested Heaven's Beam on his shoulder and looked back at Zauis grinning with his eyes closed. "You don't think I overdid it, huh?"

Zauis chuckled slightly while applauding as he walked over toward the weakened Garou. "Ya did great Garou! But next time we team up again let's try to think strategy next time. I don't won't ya dieing on me pal. Let's go grab a bite to eat at this nice diner I know. It'll be might treat since ya beat the mountain shell. Whadya say?!" he said happily while helping Garou up leading the way toward the diner "Oh yeah, here drink this Garou!" he tossed him a potion while smiling.

He caught it without trying, replying, "Thanks. That sounds extremely pleasant, but I don't want this armor piece. I'd be happy to give it to you, if not I'll just sell it for col." He smirked at Zauis as he twiddled the healing draught with his fingers. "Armor is for the weak." Garou downed the medicine, almost gagging at the strength of it. He watched his health bar slingshot back to maximum as he pulled out his water flask to wash it down.

Chuckling at Garou's comment about armor is for the weak I stick both my hands in my pockets looking over at him shaking my head "Nah no thanks buddy. Armor isn't really my style. So your best bet is to sell it for some col after we get a bite to eat at this diner." he said happily while smiling at Garou before making it into town. Upon reaching town we enter a nice diner and sat at a booth awaiting for the waitress to serve us. "She'll be here soon, it usually doesn't take that long. Watcha what to eat??" he said politely.

Garou took a seat on the booth opposite of Zauis and yawned, exhasuted from using his new ability. He looked up to the other boy with a fierce glance. "Cheeseburger with two patties, along with the closest thing to soda pop Aincrad has to offer!" Garou smiled at the other boy as he opened up his inventory on his HUD and took out the Mountain Shell Pauldron. "I wonder how much col this would fetch..."

Seeing him sit the opposite side I chuckled only to notice what he really looked like as I shrugged the feeling. He thought to himself, we kinda look alike. That's strange. Hearing Garou speak looking at me with a fierce glance I chuckle slightly as he quickly stated what he wanted while the waitress took note of it and did the same thing for me "Ill have the cream filled bread with a side of sweet tea." the waitress nodded and left as I notice Garou took out the Mountain Shell Pauldron. "It might be worth something good considering it was just no monster, it was a field boss which seemed to happen irregularly. Let's go find out after this meal, ya?

He noticed the waitress after he already blurted out his order, causing his face to practically drop. "Erm, thank you, miss!" he called out after her as she carried their cravings away. Garou looked back to Zauis. "Yes, that is an ecstatic proposition." His excited tone had morphed into a more formal one. He put the pauldron back in his inventory and sighed as he rested his chin on his hand, both propped up by his elbow on the table before him. "I wonder what its like... in the much higher floors..."

Chuckling at Garou blurting out to the waitress I slowly sipped my tea while looking at him put the Mountain Shell Pauldron away. Garou's facial expression looked as if he was curios when he spoke about the higher floors. I nodded in agreement while placing my tea down "Ya I know how ya feel man. I think about that a lot actually though I'm kinda confident in my abilities so I know I wouldn't die if we manage to get to higher floors. But it seems as if people just gave up on beating the game and no ones even trying anymore. They've basically found this their new home I suppose. Eh..... I don't know." he said with a worried look before looking out the window.

Garou eyed Zauis' tea with slight envy, then turned his own eyes to his soda. He thought about how he used his anger on the boss to survive and win his desperate struggle. From now on, I will not succumb to relying on my own wrath. I am not an animal, I am a gentlemen. From now on I shall drink tea to instill this aspect of me. Garou smiled down at his fizzy drink and sipped it with a pinkie out, wishing it was tea already.

After hearing Zauis' suspicions of other players giving up, he spoke up to the boy who had practically saved him minutes ago. "That saddens me... I thought that these people wanted to fight to get out..." He slammed the almost empty mug of pop down on the table. "But I don't plan on giving up. You?"