[PP-F5] Confessions and Truths

Zero quietly listened to Mari as she spoke, letting out a slight sigh when she brought up her sister again. He knew Mari was right though, Siren would be extremely mad if she knew her younger brother was acting so pathetically. "You're probably right..." He spoke softly trying not to interrupt Mari.

He didn't flinch when he was head butted, but simply blinked instead. He looked at her eyes as she shook his head and slightly smiled at her way of trying to cheer him up. "Okay Mari..." He whispered and put his hands on her face, leaning his forehead against hers. "I'll try my best to stop being a pessimistic idiot. That's a good start right?"

Mari scoffed, "Probably? No sweetheart; I am right."

She gave a small grin, "Hmm yes, that is a start - but I am thinking we need to take your mind off things." 

Mari pushed out from the chair and dragged Zero up with her, pulling him out of the bar as she kicked a few empty chairs out of her way. She was a woman on a mission and god help you if you got in her way.

"Let's go kill some stuff, that'll help you right?"

Zero looked at Mari, slightly smiling at her attitude, and let a slight laugh. "Alright, you're right Mari. You're completely right." He didn't think of arguing with the woman, he knew how strong and determined she was, more than him he admitted. "Yeah, well taking my mind off of that would be nice I guess..."

He looked at her when began to drag him away and slightly sighed. "I'd rather not fight anything at the moment... I would prefer staying in town, if you don't mind that is..."

Mari grinned, giving him a nod "Of course I am right! I'm Mari." She gave Zero a mock pout, leaning against his arm which she had a hold of. "Oh my Zero after how intimate we were - I was hoping that you'd know that by now."

Mari stopped in her stead; her hand on the door to leave the tavern, Zero said he'd prefer staying in town. "Hmmm...I really hate this floor though..." Mari turned to face him, "Tell ya what. How about we go to the 4th Floor, you sit your sorry ass down on that bench in front of Frigid Lake, and I'll put on a kick ass performance for you?"

Zero slightly laughed as he heard Mari, she managed to say just the right things to out him in a better mood. "Yes, because Mari is always right." He looked at her and slightly blushed when she leaned on on his arm, he could tell she enjoyed teasing him about that night.

He silently watched her as she stopped in front of the door, and nodded when she mentioned her offer of heading for the winter land floor. "Okay I don't mind heading there." He blushed more intensely when mentioned doing a performance for him, and looked away embarrassed. "A-alright..."

Mari ignored the awkward reactions from Zero, normally she'd berate someone for such an action but right now she was focused on making him feel better, at least in part. "Good, because I hate this god forsaken floor." Mari muttered as she stepped behind Zero and pushed him out of the door, the two headed to the teleportation pad in quick silence.

Mari was the first to step onto the bad, she turned to Zero, wiping sweat from her brow. "Don't be so embarrassed, it's just music. Sheesh - Floor 4"

And with that, she was whisked away from her least favourite floor to her favourite floor.

Zero remained quiet as Mari spoke and pushed him out the door. He watched her as she basically scolded him again, and left for fourth floor. He stood in front of the teleport station for a few seconds, and let out a sigh as he got on. "Haven't gone to it since I dueled Siren and lost... Guess I can't run away from everything..." He passed his hand through his hair, and breathed in, quickly letting it out in a few seconds.

"Floor Four." He whispered and vanished as Mari had done, heading to the snowy winter land floor.