OP-F1 Newbie meeting people to train with

Asuno sat on the outskirts of the city, after having heard the news about the game, he knew he had to start training as soon as possible to become stronger. He sent out a group message to nearby players, "Would anyone like to show a newbie the ropes and earn some gear?" He paced around the open fields, waiting for a reply.

Kazuya was in the area when suddenly a message appeared from an unknown player named Asuno. "Huh? What is this?" He read the message and thought to himself, 'Oh. So a newbie needs a little help. Well, I'll do anything to stop another person from dying in this stupid game. Looks like he is in the fields.' 

Kazuya approached the fields, but cautiously. He had heard rumors that there were Pkers out in these fields lately. He didn't want to accidently walk into any of them, even though he could probably hold his own against them. He saw a player pacing back and forth. He approached him. "I assume you are the one who sent the message. Asuno, right? Well, I'm Kazuya. Most call me Ryuu though. Nice to meet you." He stuck forth his hand to the player in an offer of a temporary partnership.

Rowan walk around the fields looking for some new materials. He he lost to much, to fast. he didn't notice the player's post, he was to busy in his own gathering. He notice some Aspigans flower growing between the grass at fields. As he try to cut one, the flower disappeared into the air. Anther gathering attempt failed.

• Rolled a 9 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Asuno shook Ryuus hand, "Its nice to meet you," he said with a sly grin. "How long have you been training? You seem a lot stronger than me.". Asuno was normally very confident with his strength, but being put into a new world without training made him feel uneasy. He didn't know about PKers or any of the monsters tactics, but he knew he needed to learn.

Rowan grimaced and went of another flower, he destroyed that one too. No luck...

He raised his head and saw Ryuu far away from him with another player, interesting. He left the cursed flowers behind and went toward them. "Hey Ryuu" he greeted him, "what are you doing here in floor one before the boss fight? and who is your friend?"

• Rolled a 15 on the d20 (loot) dice.

Asuno smiled at Celes, "Hello, nice seeing you again. I'm doing good, Ryuu here was just about to go hunting with me, your welcome to join if you want."

Asuno turned to Rowan and stuck out his hand, "Hello, I'm Asuno. I'm new here and Ryuu saw my help message and came over. Once we were told that we were stuck in the game, I hid for awhile, but I realized that I must go out and help finish the game." Asuno was pleased seeing all of these higher level people helping him out, and he was thankful people in the game were nice, even though the circumstances would put almost everyone in a bad mood.

Kazuya scrathed his head in thought. "Hmm... How did I train? I guess it was mostly by trial and error during the beta. Lucky for you though, since I have already learned what works and what doesn't, I can teach you without that danger of dying." He walked toward the center of the field. He looked around at the surroundings, hoping to spot a creature to demonstrate on. 

He spotted a lone wolf a bit further west of him. "There. We have a subject in which to practice on. The battle mechanics of this game follow these simple steps. First, locate a target. Second, engage the target. Third, commence battle. Fourth, defeat the creature and collect any possible rewards you may have gained. What you do to win the battle depends on the person and their fighting style, as well as their weapon of choice." He looked back at Asuno. "You seem to be a straight sword user like me and most of the people in this game. We mostly rely on our personal skill level and our sword skill set. Now what skills do you have equipped at the moment?"

Asuno opened his HUD and looked at his baracter screen. "Well it looks like my combat skills are parry, battle healing, and fighting spirit. My passives are athletics, acrobat, and precision." Asuno was unsure of his skills or how to use them, with a diacouraging look on his face he tried to focus and pay attention as much as possible.

"Well the skills dont count until you have skill points." celes said with a smile "You may choose up to 9, but you can only use the ones you have invested skill points in. So where have you spent your two skill points?"  she said with a questioning look. Those first few points were important, as they showed what a person valued. Defense or offense.

{or speed rip sprint in 2 point}

"Nice to meet you Asuno, I hope you will have a good time in here. Except a few....drawbacks, this game is actually fun". Then he listen while Cele and Ryuu talk about fighting and skill point, they will probably explained that better than he will ever explain.  When Asuno asked them a questions he decide to try his luck again and cut another flower with his sword....that disappeared at the moment he touch it. This game terrorized him, and someone out there enjoy it.

"Hours of talking wont be enough" he rise from that flower, this pixel plant not worth his time "Just charge to him, its will come naturally". He point on the wolf and smiled "In case that something will go wrong, we will back you up."

• Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice. -_-

Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice

Asuno looked at Celes, "Im thinking about just saving my skill points until I have 6, so I can buy athletecism...what do you about that?"

Asuno looked at Rowan and nodded with a determined look on his face "I guess I'll give it a shot." and he charged the wolf, striking it in the body with his sword, dealing 2 damage against the beast. He turned and looked at the group. "How was that?" He asked the group, but before they could finish the wolf bit his leg, taking away 1 HP.

Asuno 4/5 HP

"That works for most, but not me. I invested my points into both damage and Sprint/Acrobatics. I am way too fast IRL to have something like a little game to slow me down." He watched the wolf take a bite out of Asuno. "Ouch... I'd hate to actually feel that. Rule number one of any battle, don't take your eyes off your opponent. If you do, they will exploit your lack of attention and attack."

Rolled a 8 on the d10 (battle) dice.

Rolled a 7 on the d10 (mob) dice.

Asuno looked at Ryuu, "You're right, I need to pay attention, this is more than a game after all.". With that statement he moved his hair out of his eyes and charged the wolf, striking it in the head and killing it before it could attack again. " Too bad its HP was too low to drop loot," Asuno said with a sad look, "should we go to a harder area? I think I'm getting the hang of this."

Kazuya didn't mind the curious player. "I don't mind. That Col is used for paying for various items. With it, you can get blacksmiths, alchemists, tailors, and performers, like me, to do things for you. You can also buy things from merchants. It is rather useful." He looked toward the forest. "So you want to fight something that's a bit more of a challenge? What exactly do you consider a challenge? A beast that puts you at the edge of death? A beast that can't hit you, but takes forever to kill?"

Rowan look at Cele then look at the evil flowers, wonder if he should skip this day too. He will try one more time........"I get it!" rowan yield after he perfectly cut a Grimady Flower. "I will stay with you guys, I got a feeling that my luck is coming back at me". Then he look at Asuno "Real challenge will be fighting against one of us. I know that Ryuu will disagree, but battle for the first hit sound to me really fun and enjoyable. You know, we actually feel like 5% of the pain in real fight..."

+ Alchemy material

Rolled a 16 on the d20 (loot) dice