Genetic Cloning

While you're sitting there, watching your television show as you laugh at it, IS it really that funny? Did you know that, while your sitting and watching television, there are tons of animals suffering from many human doings around the globe? Like, all the chickens locked up in cages with up to 12, and never get a leave until their dead? But thats besides my topic. Genetic Cloning is one of the major issues I see in my future life.

Do you know how much of a failure rate there is? At this moment, for every 1000 tries, only one to 30 are successful. Eggs with newly transferred may not be able to divide or develop properly. Or the Implantation in the mother may fail. Besides, problems quickly arise in the successful clones. Not many of the successful live through even a month! First of all, cloned animals are much larger than the normal ones and may possibly grow too large and die. Also, breathing problems and blood flow problems occur quick. Orson Scott Card’s science fiction book, Ender’s Shadow,(Card, 1999) talks about the same type of thing happening to a character named “Beanâ€, growing extremely large. “Bean†was also exceptionally intelligent.

Also, the mothers, fathers, and clones are all kept in small cages the majority of the time. The US Department of Agriculture does not have any requirements of the treatment of these “clonesâ€.  The so-called owners of these clones treat these poor beings as “objectsâ€, items meant to be thrown around. And what they do to the failed mother’s, the world does not know! It is not known what they do to them, but I do not doubt that they aren’t harshly treated or killed, as in any other instance from humans. Do you know what they call the mother’s? they call them dumb old “production unitsâ€!

So, you're still watching that dumb old retarded television show and being a human, stop and think. You could turn around and became a hero, or continue to eat your Pringles®  and watch that show. It all depends on you!

Works Cited

"What Are the Risks of Cloning?"What Are the Risks of Cloning?Web. 23 Nov. 2014. <http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/cloning/cloningrisks/>.

"Factsheet on Animal Cloning : The Humane Society of the United States." RSS. Web. 24 Nov. 2014. <http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/cloning/qa/questions_answers.html>.

Card, Orson Scott. Ender's Shadow. New York: Tom Doherty Associates Book, 1999. Print.

But I think a great start would be to do some proof reading. Read the paper aloud to yourself. It will help you pick up on awkward and run-on sentences. It will also draw attention to some spelling errors (such as using the wrong "there/their/they're").