PP F3: What it means to be a PKer [Alkor] COMPLETE

Mari softly sighed, breath escaping her lips as her brows furrowed in concern for Alkor, she wanted to comfort him but if she had done that - it'd make him feel more uneasy. It was easy to gauge that because in most instances - Mari felt that same level of uncomfort when people tried to help her, it frustrated her too. His voice wavered, and his eyes were pained, but Mari chose not to draw attention to that - rather she grinned. Playing the entire admission off as though it was nothing.

"You know, your eyes remind me of a sunset."

Alkor hadn't pushed her away when she had kissed his cheek; his face betrayed the feelings he tried so hard to hide behind an impenetrable wall of a cold aloof man. Mari still wasn't really sure how she felt about him. Did she like him? Or did she just enjoy his company. Was it all a matter of circumstance and she was merely attaching herself to the first person she could after a traumatic experience? He offered her words of comfort, words she truly wished she could believe, and that she wanted to believe.

Still...Mari wasn't entirely sure herself; she wasn't in the right frame of mind, nor the right place, Mari wasn't sure what to say in response and jumped slightly when he placed his hand in her hair, messing it around, the warmth of his fingers on her head - and the pleasant scratches caused a small, honest smile to fall across her lips. "Maybe I'll just have to bother you more often, keep tabs on you." She added, unmoving from her position above him. "Can't have you falling behind me now can I?" She added in a warm mischievous tone.

"Falling behind," he repeated with mirth, raising an eyebrow at her. "Relatively speaking, I should think." There were some things Alkor preferred not to do, and being egotistical was one of them. He was quietly confident that if it ever came to blows between himself and another player, there wouldn't be an issue. Even if he were to somehow die, he would have dealt enough damage to show them he was not weak. If nothing else, Alkor would leave his mark on this world- big, bold, and bloody if need be.

"I wouldn't mind you keeping in touch," he said, far more lightly as he turned from her and closed his eyes. "It would be..." he searched within himself for a word, and despite his conflict with it, gave that word voice. "Nice."

Her comment about his eyes and been the culprit for that breaking of eye contact. He was certain that she had seen the tint of his cheeks turn, and now wanted to be sure they could cool before he made another comment. That gave him time to think.

"Your eyes," he pointed out, "are like that night sky I was talking about." He turned back to her with a wide smile, and his eyes squinted shut. "Inevitable, and soothing. You're a kind woman, Mari, and it's nice to have someone like you watching my back."

After that comment, his hubris was spent. Alkor spun back around, and with a deep breath, gathered the courage to take even a single step away from her. "You're not... going to do anything brash if I leave you alone, right?"

Mari laughed at his comment, seemingly in some small form of disdain. "Hit a nerve?" She asked playfully. "Maybe we should have a half hp duel sometime?" She asked, normally she wouldn't bother duelling with anyone. She did not enjoy fighting people, still if it was with Alkor - maybe, just maybe she would make an exception to that rule.

Mari's smile faded when Alkor said he wanted to keep in touch - not that she wasn't happy to hear that. His words just came as a bit of a shock to her, and when he turned away...stating that it was nice. Mari felt her cheeks grow hot, and she knew that she must have been blushing something fierce. He started on about her eyes and turned to her with a large grin; Mari tried to stare at him, with furrowed brows and a large pout. She wasn't sure what to feel about his compliments. They kept coming.

Mari gave a huff and turned away from him. "Well someone's gotta watch it, those eyes of yours don't see everything, Alkor."   Mari felt his presence leave her side and at that, she turned back to face him, voice lowering and turning serious. "No Alkor, I won't do anything daft. I have a little set up in a cave on the 2nd Floor - I'll go there and rest for the night."

Mari stood, breaching the gap between them once more, she gave him a light squeeze on his shoulder. "Let's do this again, soon." She said as she continued forward. The two parted ways there. Mari wasn't sure how Alkor was feeling but she felt much better.

COMPLETE

Mari: 100 Col + 1 SP
Alkor: 100 Col + 1 SP