[SP-F1,F2] <<Earning a Living>> Performer (Completed)

She swiped her fingers through the air and checked for a route nearest to the central plaza teleport gate. A route via forest might get her a twenty-minute walk. “Yosh!... I hope I will be safe.† Shizuka hummed while she walked alone.

qO1Eukg.jpg

She got some apples on her way upon entering the Floor 1 forest. As she ventured deeper the woods, her humming was stopped and turned into shock. A wolf came across her peaceful journey. “Whaa!!!†She drew her rapier out. “You scared me, huh! A little!†The clash between Shizuka and the <<wolf>> began.

“See! You did not scare me!!!†The howling <<wolf>> incurred a -3 health points after the green glowing blade thrust the <<wolf>>.

2540 6 11 10 10

Battle Dice: 6 (Success)
Damage:

Shizuka: 9/9
Wolf 1: 2/5

WOLF’S TURN

Shizuka should not be so confident, for the <<wolf>> blazed in anger and did jump at her. “Aha! I dodged you!†Shizuka readied to attack the wolf once more.

2541 2 5 12 3

Mob Dice: 3 (FailWerewolf_Lv150_WithoutSaddle.png

Damage: 0

Wolf 1: 2/5

"Okay, I gotta finish you poor <<wolf>> NOW!". She held the sword up, the blade glowed a sapphire blue and sprang the final blow. She was approximately ten minutes before reaching the teleport gate.

COL OBTAINED: 25 Col

MATERIAL OBTAINED: Blue Perfume MS_Item_Blue_Perfume.png (A lavender-scented perfume. Musky and rich.)

2547 2 9 19 1

Loot Dice: 19 (Mob Health X 5 Col + 1 Bonus mat.)

"Another must have been heard your death poor <<wolf>>" Another wolf came crashing on her left.

2546 9 11 16 6

Battle Dice: 9 (Critical Success)

Damage: 3+1 damage (Weapon and skill rank)

Wolf 1: 0/5

Before the beast had a leap on Shizuka, the blade was able to defend her, in place of an attack. “That was too close, this one is so tremendousâ€

2551 4 8 2 7

Battle Dice: 4 (Miss)

Wolf 2: 5/5

WOLF'S TURN

The <<wolf>> charged on Shizuka, and chomped at her left arm. It was successful and howled even more, its gnashing teeth revealed so much anger as if the previous deceased wolf was its friend.

2554 4 3 8 6

Mob Dice: 6 (SuccessWerewolf_Lv150_WithoutSaddle.png

Damage: 1

Shizuka: 8/9

"Aah!!! Tss..." Shizuka lost an advantage against the wicked <<wolf>>. It hurt her much even if she wore cloak, leaving her no choice to transfer her sword to the right hand for the battle. She predicted it will miss the attack. And so it did miss.

2556 1 7 9 5

Battle Dice: 1 (Fail)

WOLF'S TURN

Shizuka had nothing to do now, she ran in circle when the <<wolf>> tried to chomp on her right arm this time. "No, no, no, no!!!" Feeling lucky, the <<wolf>> was not able to chomp on her arm again. Shizuka found it hard this time, she yet has to come to Floor 2 as soon as possible.

2559 6 4 9 5

Mob Dice: 5 (MissWerewolf_Lv150_WithoutSaddle.png

Shizuka ran around and confused the wicked <<wolf>> "Uh!!! at this rate, we'll see who's smarter." Waiting for the right timing, Shizuka used her left and tolerated the oozing pain. It was dusty, accumulating some on her green velvety cloak while she ran. "This is it!"  she grinned. The <<Rapier>> ripped straight against the dizzy <<wolf>>. 

2561 7 5 2 1

Battle Dice: 7 (Success)

Damage: 3

Wolf 2: 2/5

WOLF'S TURN

The <<wolf>> almost collapsed upon the blade contact.However,it turned out be more tough, and avenged on the lady in cloak. Shizuka, getting tired from running, gave the <<wolf>> a chance to buy some time regaining its attack stance. Its claws hardly scratched Shizuka's right leg and quickly ran away.

2562 2 5 19 9

Mob Dice: 9 (Critical SuccessWerewolf_Lv150_WithoutSaddle.png

Damage: 1+1 damage

Shizuka: 6/9
Wolf 2: 2/5

She was wrong about the <<wolf>>, it was not lamenting, it was hungry! "You! you chomped on me, you scratched my leg! You!!!" Making sure it would be the last, Shizuka concentrated much on her target. Her eyes looked intensified blue on the beast. As she came closer, she jumped up and slashed at the wolf with her green glowing blade that matched her green cloak. As she leapt above, her hood met the air and let Shizuka's long fringe to come out. "Pixels, you now are!"

2563 8 5 15 3

Battle Dice: 8 (Success)

Damage: 3 (Weapon and skill rank)

Shizuka: 6/9
Wolf 2: 0/5

2569 8 11 2 9

Loot Dice:  2 (No loot)

That was quite a long and exhausting battle indeed. Shizuka walked really fast snacking on some apples hoping not to meet wolves this time. The plains was in sight, but it would took her several minutes to eventually arrive there. The atmosphere seemed heavy, she was panting to think the possibility of a <<wolf>> on her way again. "No wolves for now, no wolves for now, I'm here yet." she repeatedly uttered. 

At last, she was able to step the plaza safely, without anymore wolf encounter. Quickly she searched for a <<NPC>> nearby. "Hi! I would like to do the quest, earning a living, please I'm solo". "Well, okay. Goodluck!"

QUEST

<<Earn a Living>>

SOLO

Are you going to accept this quest?

Shizuka selected yes, and thanked the NPC. "It's my job, you're welcome". From the teleport gate was a straight path ahead, where Shizuka quickly passed forward. It was her first time to do the teleporting. She stood on the empty space, just like how she saw people did. She then started to say "Teleport:Urbus"

Right after she had spoken her destination, the activated teleport gate set forth to transport her data to Floor 2. A whirling sensation was quite unusual for Shizuka to feel. After a few seconds, a blue surrounding light radiated and easily faded. She was losing her balance at that point. When the blue light was gone which she thought of as a barricade, something invisible pushed her and she flinched a meter away from the Floor 2 teleport gate.

Her cheeks obviously blushed, though her hood saved her from shame. It clearly reflected that it was her very first teleportation.  Shizuka stood up as if nothing happened, and she looked around if anyone could have seen her. Shizuka cleared her throat, starting her mission as soon as possible.

She did not know where to go. She needed an instrument to play with and that was all. Without much a do, she began looking for shops which ought to sell instruments. It took some time for her to look for one. There were much players in <<Urbus>> who was having their own businesses.

“I only have few Cols here…still I’ll see†she sighed. “E-eu-Euronote…I think this is the one I'm looking forâ€, as she looked up the signage made out of dark oak wood carvings in front of the shop building. She was nervous to talk to somebody inside the shop. "Whatever! I have to do this."

As she opened the wooden door with a copper brown door knob, a bell tinkled softly. Welcoming her was a harmonious piano instrumental music quite familiar to her, while she walked further. “Good morning, young lady†greeted the old man who probably was of same age as her father. “How may I help you?†he warmly asked. “Uh…I just want to canvass some of the instrument’s prices, preferably the prices of guitar and flute.†She glanced around the four corners of the room.

The man replied, “Oh, I have a lot of guitar types according what materials it was made up of. Follow me…â€. The kind man showed her, first class guitars and flutes which were made in European trend. “This one might suit your style.†he offered Shizuka. It was a guitar made up of mahogany. “T-two hundred Col? I surely can’t buy th-thatâ€, whispered she. The old man kept on offering her expensive instruments. “…or this one, but if you would prefer a light one this could be your bet†Shizuka felt uneasy, but she thought it was best for her to be honest. “Ah-hmmp..Excuse me sir, can you show me the basic ones? Actually I don’t really have that much to buy those for now, but some time I can go back, I promise†Shizuka bit her lip. The man stopped talking. “Ah, oh why did you not tell me that first?†he giggled, turning around to face the opposite locker.

“Those are the most basic ones, good for someone who yearns to be a performer.†he proposed. “Exactly sir, I’m currently on my quest to be a performer.†Shizuka seemed to enjoy the old man’s company and unconsciously told him some of her stories. “…I uselessly spent three precious days in the starter town because I was so hopeless, but then I realized I have to go back in to the real world. I’m sure my father and my mother worry so much about me. I don’t want them to be sad, so I started to keep being strong...†The good man listened to her accounts. “Oh, I’m sorry was not supposed to tell you those things.†Shizuka took a curious stare at one instrument that looked familiar to her. It looked apparently smaller than a guitar’s normal size. “Is this a Bandurria?†“Yes my dear, not a lot of performers buy that thing, so it was stuck there for some time now†explained the man.  The Bandurria was really cheap, but still Shizuka couldn’t buy it out of her remaining Cols.

Shizuka stood right there quite disappointed. “I still don’t have enough Cols†she meekly said. “Let me offer you half the price, since you are the first to have an interest with this Bandurria†offered the generous old man. The price was discounted fifty percent amounting to 50 Col. That was much of great help to give but she still did not have enough.

“Maybe, I can go back again sometime, I still don’t have much Sir†she frankly told. “Why did she come here without something to pay?†the old man said to himself. With much concern, he asked Shizuka how much Cols she had when she was about to leave. “How much do you have in there?†“Uhm about 34 Cols, Sir that’s all†Shizuka replied.

“Never mind, dear get it for free†the man smiled. Shizuka’s pupils dilated, she never expected how the man was so generous. “Huh? Sir?†“Yes, get it, it’s yours now. Just promise me that you will be a strong girl okay? Your father and mother need you†Shizuka could have believed that the world is that much evil if not for this very kind man. “No, I’ll give you my Cols and I’ll pay the remaining when I come back†Shizuka insisted. “No, keep it. You need that to live, just promise me to keep getting strong†Shizuka’s eyes became teary.

“Thank you so much Sir! You’re like my father. Can I hug you?†The old man was very glad to see her so much thankful. “Okay a Bandurria and a free hug, my dear†“Thank you so much fa- a- Sir, I promise to be a good girl. I hope to see you again in the real world† Shizuka missed her father at the moment and must have been very gracious to meet a person like him. Now, she can practice the instrument a bit and Shizuka could fulfill the quest. They waved goodbye to each other and the bell tinkled once more upon her leaving. The path to being a performer was on her very own hands now, the Bandurria and her voice.

“I hope I still know how to play this" Shizuka looked at the instrument and walked ahead. “My lady! I forgot, I have something to tell you†the old man shouted from the distance. Looking behind, Shizuka ran towards him. “What is it Sir?†“Do you know where to go yet?†“Actually, im going to- to nowhere†“Okay, I have a good idea. You can start jamming with those performers in Floor 1. They had a shop named ‘Veats’ they perform publicly and helps players who wanted to be a performer.†“That would be great Sir! Thank you so much. One more thing, I do not know your name yet†“My real name is Gerry and you?†“Mirika Greshin, that’s my real name too!†Shizuka waved once more and said “Goodbye Sir Gerryâ€. “Just call me father if you want†Shizuka was so happy that somehow she had a friend and a father at the same time. “Goodbye father Gerry! See you again next time.â€

As luck would have it, Shizuka did not flinch this time teleporting to Floor 1.  â€œMaybe that shop was where I heard the lady play the flute!†She was right. When she located the shop amidst the mass number of players around, it had the signage ‘Veats’. “Good morning! How may I help you Miss?†the lady cheerfully greeted Shizuka. It was the same lady with green irish eyes who played the flute flawlessly last time. “I’m on a quest, earning a living and I wanted to be a performer.†“Oh, do you have any instruments at hand?†“Yes, a Bandurria.†“Interesting, Do you know to play it?†the lady exclaimed. “Yes, I do my father taught me how† “That’s great, well if you want to come along, we’ll have a public performance later, you can play the bandurria and I will do the piano." Only the two of them were in the shop, waiting for a few minutes to pass.

“Maybe I would have to practice a little bit.†said Shizuka while she was offered a sit by the lady. “I saw you play the flute before, you’re awesome!†“Flute is my favorite instrument to play with. Actually, I really do performances in the real world. May I know your name young lady?†“My name’s Shizuka†she blushed thinking about the performance later. “I’m Eliza, nice to meet you†She shook hands with Shizuka. “Nice to meet you too!†After some time practicing together with Eliza, the two were ready to have the performance done outside. “Let’s do it Shizuka!â€

There were many people outside busy on their own concerns. After Eliza put down a platform, she got her <<Sphere of Symphony>> and it was turned into an ivory white grand piano. Shizuka was amazed at such thing. “Don’t worry, you’ll have one like this after our performance†Eliza winked at her, put down the red Col box and had the performance to be recorded. Eliza then started to play the introduction notes, and Shizuka initiated then her first performance in <<Aincrad>>.

The crowd always waited for Eliza to perform publicly, as they love how she executed each notes perfectly. The public started to drew attention to the melody they heard just from outside Eliza’s Shop.

PERFORMING: SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW

Shizuka was glad to see the people happy and clapping to the rhythm of the song. After they had performed, one player asked Eliza, “Who is she Eliza? I rarely see performers use that instrument." Then the player approached blushing Shizuka, “I would like to see you play again sometimeâ€. “Thank you very much, I will†Shizuka timidly replied.

“Congratulations, Shizuka! Look! The Col box is almost full. Because of your determination, more players wanted to see us perform again!†Eliza gave Shizuka all the earnings amounting to 287 Col. “Thank you Shizuka!†“No, I must be the one very thankful Eliza!†“I hope to see you more often! This, I give you, a remembrance†Eliza handed the recording crystal to Shizuka. “Thank you so much, I will never forget you Eliza!†She hugged Eliza tight. "I will do perform with you again".